Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:15:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Game Moderator - Part Deux - PLEASE READ THINGS  (Read 31982 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: April 08, 2013, 05:47:25 PM »

Wow, the IDS is a success story and a half. Funny it's the region with the most Federalists. Wink

Funny it's the region with the third-highest unemployment rate out of five.

Let's see. Over the past year: Mideast has dropped 0.2 points NE has dropped 0.1 points. Pacific has dropped 0.2 points. Midwest has stayed flat. We've dropped 1.4 points. That's pretty damn good.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 05:13:25 PM »

Could you run the numbers on projected revenues generated from and the expense of running a 10-cent (containers 24 fl oz or less) and 15-cent (larger) container deposit program covering beer/malt/ale/soft drinks/water (including flavored, mineral, and soda)/wine/coffee/tea/juice, but not dairy products, covering glass, plastic, or metal containers smaller than 4 liters?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 07:53:20 AM »

Could you run the numbers on projected revenues generated from and the expense of running a 10-cent (containers 24 fl oz or less) and 15-cent (larger) container deposit program covering beer/malt/ale/soft drinks/water (including flavored, mineral, and soda)/wine/coffee/tea/juice, but not dairy products, covering glass, plastic, or metal containers smaller than 4 liters?

I assumed initially you meant regional, but then I thought maybe no?

I'm not planning a Senate/Presidential run Tongue It's regional.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 03:58:27 PM »

Thanks for this, it's certainly something I'll take into consideration.

Could you run some cost estimates for...

Cost of extending preexisting high-speed rail line in Charlotte-Greensboro-Raleigh up to the NC-VA border (where it would ideally connect with a line coming down from Richmond)?

Cost of extending said line south to Atlanta via Greenville?

Cost of constructing a new line connecting Tampa, Orlando, and Miami?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 06:34:22 PM »

Cost of extending preexisting high-speed rail line in Charlotte-Greensboro-Raleigh up to the NC-VA border (where it would ideally connect with a line coming down from Richmond)?

97 miles @ $42.47 million/mile:
120 mph: $4.358 billion

97 miles @ $74.06 million/mile:
220 mph: $7.184 billion

Cost of extending said line south to Atlanta via Greenville?

245 miles @ $47.85 million/mile:
120 mph: $11.723 billion

245 miles @ $80.41 million/mile:
220 mph: $19.700 billion

Cost of constructing a new line connecting Tampa > Orlando > Miami?

319 miles @ $40.76 million/mile:
120 mph: $13.002 billion

319 miles @ $71.95 million/mile:
220 mph: $22.952 billion

Damn. Revenues are a bitch... And for some reason I don't think Labor will appreciate the idea of removing the 20th century to get it down to the Chinese costs.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 03:38:38 PM »

Most Libertarian On Atlas.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 07:20:54 PM »

Since voter reg swung Fed and the only office that switched was Emperor, how is the IDS swinging Lab?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 04:40:12 PM »

Mr. GM, how far along is implementation of this legislation?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 08:46:30 PM »

This specific legislation was repealed in 2009 and replaced by the High Speed Rail Act. I'll look into it, though.

So it was, but with 4 years in, is it possible that there might be the tracks there in some places (or even just the land corridors purchased) in a way that would reduce the costs of other projects?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 05:56:57 PM »

GM Griffin, would you be able to provide me with union density/union membership numbers for Atlasia and the regions? I figured they'd be different than IRL thanks to more union-friendly legislation existing, and I'd like to know for something I'm typing up/proposing as legislation if I get elected.

Thanks.

These are the old numbers.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 06:36:50 AM »
« Edited: July 06, 2013, 07:00:50 AM by Emperor SJoyce »

How has this affected major corporations? Are they all staying put in Silicon Valley and elsewhere in the Pacific, or are they beginning to move operations to other technology centers (and if they are, are there any steps regional executives could be taking to attract them)?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2013, 08:50:43 AM »

How has this affected major corporations? Are they all staying put in Silicon Valley and elsewhere in the Pacific, or are they beginning to move operations to other technology centers (and if they are, are there any steps regional executives could be taking to attract them)?

Economic cannibalism is not the answer to our country's problems. Tongue

I'm not gonna steal them away from the Pacific, just wondering if they're leaving anyways (because then I'd try to attract those who were leaving here, to try to fix our recent rise in unemployment).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 05:53:51 PM »

We're discussing the federal stimulus and I had a few questions about IDS spending options.

What would be the cost of expanding and modernizing major IDS ports and inland waterways to post-Panamax standards?

What is the cost of freeway teardown and replacement projects on the Claiborne Expressway (New Orleans), Downtown Loop (Nashville), and the Overtown Expressway/I-395 (Miami)?

Are there any other pressing highway maintenance, school, sewer, electrical grid, or waste disposal projects that the Imperial government should seek to address?

Many thanks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies