Atlasia v. George W. Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:30:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia v. George W. Bush
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Atlasia v. George W. Bush  (Read 3544 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2005, 01:48:58 AM »

Personal feelings aside, it's my duty to prosecute George W. Bush for his IP match with ZZZbot.  So I will be doing so here.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 01:51:46 AM »

Er, you might want to check my post in that topic as well as the topic that George W. Bush made on the announcement.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 01:56:41 AM »

If AG Harry wishes to pursue this matter, I will openly provide him with the material that I have in this case, since I am sure he can fundamentally subpoena it from me anyway.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 01:58:06 AM »

Er, you might want to check my post in that topic as well as the topic that George W. Bush made on the announcement.
True, but that's up to the courts to decide.  I'll prosecute, and if the courts can decide that he's done enough, great.  In fact, I hope GWB wins, but it's my job to prosecute him.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 01:59:33 AM »

True, but that's up to the courts to decide.  I'll prosecute, and if the courts can decide that he's done enough, great.  In fact, I hope GWB wins, but it's my job to prosecute him.

Well, okay then.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 02:09:41 AM »

True, but that's up to the courts to decide.  I'll prosecute, and if the courts can decide that he's done enough, great.  In fact, I hope GWB wins, but it's my job to prosecute him.

Well, okay then.

Actually, Gabu, I think this is a wise thing to do.   I personally hope GWB gets acquitted also.

Chances are that if he votes in the elections this weekend, whichever side doesn't get his vote will probably raise a challenge under the Voter Fraud Act anyway, especially if the race is close (or if the Presidential race is close), so clearing up this matter now will probably clear it up in the long run.

I'm just saying here that I will work with AG Harry to provide him whatever materials he needs in prosecution, that's all.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 02:10:35 AM »

Well, okay then.

Actually, Gabu, I think this is a wise thing to do.   I personally hope GWB gets acquitted also.

Chances are that if he votes in the elections this weekend, whichever side doesn't get his vote will probably raise a challenge under the Voter Fraud Act anyway, especially if the race is close (or if the Presidential race is close), so clearing up this matter now will probably clear it up in the long run.

I'm just saying here that I will work with AG Harry to provide him whatever materials he needs in prosecution, that's all.

Yes, you're right, thinking of it in that light does make it seem like a good idea.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 07:15:14 AM »

I will definitely not contest if Adam votes...once.
I swear.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 10:45:30 AM »
« Edited: February 17, 2005, 12:47:22 PM by Senator Bono »

Clause five of the civil lbierties ammendment determines the need for a jury trial. Cheesy
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 04:34:59 PM »

Although I still do not totally buy his story (why would his roommate register as a 14-year-old?), no fraud was really done, and I think that he is unlikely to reoffend if he did offend.

I hope that there will be no prosecution. I feel his feelings in this situation are genuine and this embarassment punishment enough.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2005, 10:31:44 PM »

Although I still do not totally buy his story (why would his roommate register as a 14-year-old?), no fraud was really done, and I think that he is unlikely to reoffend if he did offend.

I hope that there will be no prosecution. I feel his feelings in this situation are genuine and this embarassment punishment enough.
While I agree that he shouldn't be punished, I think it to be my duty to prosecute, if only for ceremonial purposes.  I won't seek a big penalty, but we could at least get the procedure down if we ever do have to have a real trial for a really big case...we don't want to have to wing it when it really matters.  So I am going to prosecute this case, but mostly as a test run to go through the motions.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2005, 11:34:18 PM »

While I agree that he shouldn't be punished, I think it to be my duty to prosecute, if only for ceremonial purposes.  I won't seek a big penalty, but we could at least get the procedure down if we ever do have to have a real trial for a really big case...we don't want to have to wing it when it really matters.  So I am going to prosecute this case, but mostly as a test run to go through the motions.

As a request for the Attorney General and also for the Justices of the SC, I would ask that this case's date be moved to Sunday, February 27 or later. 

My reason is that I will be out of town from today (already out of town!) and will not return back to town until late Saturday, February 26.

During this time I will be using someone else's (or a library computer) to reach this site and will not have any evidence on hand (or my computer) that the Attorney General might request from me.

Thanks very much in advance.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2005, 04:00:19 AM »

As a request for the Attorney General and also for the Justices of the SC, I would ask that this case's date be moved to Sunday, February 27 or later. 

My reason is that I will be out of town from today (already out of town!) and will not return back to town until late Saturday, February 26.

During this time I will be using someone else's (or a library computer) to reach this site and will not have any evidence on hand (or my computer) that the Attorney General might request from me.

well, we could select the jury in that time.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2005, 12:03:17 PM »

sounds good.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2005, 02:17:11 PM »

well, we could select the jury in that time.

That sounds fine to me, Sen. Bono.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2005, 02:32:43 PM »

Hmmm, have we ever had a jury trial before? Would the entire Supreme Court be involved, or would only one justice be necessary(since the jury makes the decision)?

Or, perhaps the Senate should make a lower court to settle jury trials.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2005, 02:44:11 PM »

Hmmm, have we ever had a jury trial before? Would the entire Supreme Court be involved, or would only one justice be necessary(since the jury makes the decision)?

Or, perhaps the Senate should make a lower court to settle jury trials.
Only one justice would be needed, course.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2005, 12:46:14 AM »

Sooooo
What's going on with this?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2005, 04:06:06 PM »

Is the Attorney general going to pursue this or not?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2005, 05:17:17 PM »

Texasgurl, I think that we're waiting until I can get back into town this Saturday and get he necessary information to the Atty. General in order for him to prosecute the case as need be.

I requested a motion to move the trial to after February 26 because of this.

I hope there aren't any problems or concerns about that.  Thanks.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2005, 05:25:04 PM »

Since you appear to be the one most interested in it, I suggest you handle this trial Texasgurl.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2005, 05:26:56 PM »

I will start on the 26th i guess.
how many jurors?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2005, 05:39:14 PM »

how many jurors?

Will this be for the trial or for jury selection?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2005, 06:37:32 PM »

how many jurors?

I think three or five should become the Atlasian standard, probably the former, since it's difficult getting people together.

Perhaps we need a 'jury duty' thread for volunteers for this and future trials.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2005, 06:38:33 PM »

how many jurors?

I think three or five should become the Atlasian standard, probably the former, since it's difficult getting people together.

Perhaps we need a 'jury duty' thread for volunteers for this and future trials.

Me, me, me (raises hand)
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies