Atlasia v. George W. Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 03:56:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia v. George W. Bush
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Atlasia v. George W. Bush  (Read 3580 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2005, 06:51:09 PM »

I will start on the 26th i guess.
how many jurors?

I think three or five should become the Atlasian standard, probably the former, since it's difficult getting people together.

Perhaps we need a 'jury duty' thread for volunteers for this and future trials.

Or you could draw names until you get active, willing people.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2005, 06:59:07 PM »

how many jurors?

I think three or five should become the Atlasian standard, probably the former, since it's difficult getting people together.

Yeah, the judiciary just creating extra-constitutional rules on its own is always such a great idea.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2005, 07:21:03 PM »

how many jurors?

Yeah, the judiciary just creating extra-constitutional rules on its own is always such a great idea.

I agree!!!!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2005, 07:32:02 PM »

Yep, how about you nominate like 7 people, and I eliminate two, and GWB's representative eliminates 2?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2005, 09:19:01 PM »

how many jurors?

I agree!!!!

LOL. Well, I'm just making suggestions. A precedent has to be set for how we go about selecting juries and performing jury trials, as we haven't had any occasion to do so yet. If the Senate would rather come up with a system it would be better, but if they don't we need someone to choose system. The only logical choice if they don't is the judiciary, since it's a judicial matter.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2005, 10:15:10 PM »

how many jurors?

What would you suggest i do mr. expert.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2005, 03:28:24 AM »

I would strongly suggest you read the Constitution which actually contains several of the regulations you already seek.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2005, 03:51:33 AM »

I would strongly suggest you read the Constitution which actually contains several of the regulations you already seek.

It doesn't say how many people should be on the jury, it in fact suggests that the whole country is the jury.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2005, 03:56:06 AM »

It doesn't say how many people should be on the jury, it in fact suggests that the whole country is the jury.

True that it doesn't say how many people comprise a jury, but it explicitly contradicts the second part of your sentence. Remember there are amendments to this Constitution also....
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2005, 09:02:59 AM »

True that it doesn't say how many people comprise a jury, but it explicitly contradicts the second part of your sentence. Remember there are amendments to this Constitution also....

You're speaking of the Civil Liberties Amendment I think - that only specifies that the jury must be of the region in which the crime was commited. We still need a method for selecting them, which is why I suggested a 'jury duty' thread - it would be useful for this case and all future cases.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies