Welcome to the Runoff!: LA 2015 Liveblog
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:00:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Welcome to the Runoff!: LA 2015 Liveblog
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 61
Author Topic: Welcome to the Runoff!: LA 2015 Liveblog  (Read 174204 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: November 21, 2015, 11:10:09 AM »

Ugh, it will rain in most of the state south of I-10 at some point or another today. The rain right now is mostly focused in Acadiana. New Orleans and Baton Rouge will get some towards mid-day, but it looks like things will be mostly clear for at least the last 4 or 5 hours of voting there.

The north may be having an outsized influence here...

Not a big deal. Most of the rain is going to be in cajun country which has went from a democrat leaning to strongly GOP leaning region(even stronger than the traditionally republican north) over the past 1.5 decades.  

So this supposedly this should help bel edwards.... somewhat...

I was working a bit on the Nashville mayoral election a few months ago, and when it was supposed to rain on Election Day, the Fox people were excited, because apparently Republicans vote and Democrats don't on rainy days, but then it turned into a beautiful sunny summer afternoon, and Barry, the Democrat, won 55-45.  Rain might actually be good for Vitter here.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1076 on: November 21, 2015, 11:22:06 AM »

If you're excited for rain to carry you to victory, you're probably not going to have a good night.
Hydera

« Reply #1077 on: November 21, 2015, 11:22:44 AM »

Ugh, it will rain in most of the state south of I-10 at some point or another today. The rain right now is mostly focused in Acadiana. New Orleans and Baton Rouge will get some towards mid-day, but it looks like things will be mostly clear for at least the last 4 or 5 hours of voting there.

Not a big deal. Most of the rain is going to be in cajun country which has went from a democrat leaning to strongly GOP leaning region(even stronger than the traditionally republican north) over the past 1.5 decades.  

I was working a bit on the Nashville mayoral election a few months ago, and when it was supposed to rain on Election Day, the Fox people were excited, because apparently Republicans vote and Democrats don't on rainy days, but then it turned into a beautiful sunny summer afternoon, and Barry, the Democrat, won 55-45.  Rain might actually be good for Vitter here.

Yeah but the rain is mostly concentrated in Cajun country. Democrat's strength is mostly in south east where Baton Rogue and New Orleans is. Which won't be getting a lot of rain.
Wonderess
United States

« Reply #1078 on: November 21, 2015, 11:34:55 AM »

I think tonight will be surprising just as the Kentucky governor's race was. I believe some underestimate the anti-Obama sentiment in Louisiana. 
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1079 on: November 21, 2015, 11:41:53 AM »

Thing is that us political junkies will forever take opinion polls seriously, even if Vitter pulls off a 60-40 victory tonight.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1080 on: November 21, 2015, 11:57:17 AM »

If Vitter wins 60-40, I will until further notice treat all polling as garbage in the south, and predict purely on fundamentals for those races.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1081 on: November 21, 2015, 12:00:15 PM »

If Vitter wins by >2.5%, I'm predicting Boozman wins with >70%.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1082 on: November 21, 2015, 12:33:11 PM »

Yeah but the rain is mostly concentrated in Cajun country. Democrat's strength is mostly in south east where Baton Rogue and New Orleans is. Which won't be getting a lot of rain.

However it may effect the upballot races, Buddy Caldwell has to be happy about this map:

The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1083 on: November 21, 2015, 12:37:01 PM »

If it was discovered that Caldwell was a God of Weather, would that count as election fraud?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1084 on: November 21, 2015, 12:45:40 PM »

However it may effect the upballot races, Buddy Caldwell has to be happy about this map:

That rain is covering all of Baton Rouge and part of new Orleans. Why isn't that bad news for Caldwell, given that turnout from democrats who remember when he was still a Democrat is important for him?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1085 on: November 21, 2015, 12:48:36 PM »

^ Because his funding started to run out towards the end of the race and he's mostly gone dark on the airwaves in some of the metros down there.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1086 on: November 21, 2015, 02:30:12 PM »

^ No worries - polls close at 9 ET.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1087 on: November 21, 2015, 02:38:06 PM »

Not to mention, LA tends to have a slow start.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #1088 on: November 21, 2015, 02:41:49 PM »

I am very cynical and pessimistic about the South, so I expect everyone to get into the voting booth and forget the candidates' names and just look and the "D" and "R", and press "R".
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1089 on: November 21, 2015, 02:44:23 PM »

I am very cynical and pessimistic about the South, so I expect everyone to get into the voting booth and forget the candidates' names and just look and the "D" and "R", and press "R".
Press? Not entirely sure if LA has moved to electronic ballots yet. Miles?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1090 on: November 21, 2015, 02:48:55 PM »

^ Yes, in Louisiana voting is electronic.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1091 on: November 21, 2015, 04:00:33 PM »

Well, only five hours until the polls close. I'm still predicting a small Edwards win, but I can't deny that I'm feeling pretty uneasy, and I don't have a lot of confidence in that prediction. I know.... "This isn't Kentucky." But there have been many polling failures in the past two years, and the fact that Louisiana has been such a hard place for a Democrat to win are still making an Edwards win seem like something from another reality.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1092 on: November 21, 2015, 04:13:54 PM »

Vitter is supposed to be a soldier for Jesus, yet he has been busted for backdating a letter about the Syria.

http://bobmannblog.com/2015/11/20/vitters-warning-to-obama-about-syrian-refugees-came-in-fraudualent-backdated-letter-sent-to-state-dept-on-tuesday/

Integrity doesn't matter? I really beg to differ.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1093 on: November 21, 2015, 04:32:50 PM »

Vitter is supposed to be a soldier for Jesus, yet he has been busted for backdating a letter about the Syria.

http://bobmannblog.com/2015/11/20/vitters-warning-to-obama-about-syrian-refugees-came-in-fraudualent-backdated-letter-sent-to-state-dept-on-tuesday/

Integrity doesn't matter? I really beg to differ.

Nonsense. Vitter wrote it while he was still in diapers.
madelka
United States
« Reply #1094 on: November 21, 2015, 04:35:57 PM »

^ Yes, in Louisiana voting is electronic.

Ohio 2004 redux?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1095 on: November 21, 2015, 04:38:11 PM »

To be honest, I want Vitter to win. I want Vitter to win to add to the drama and make things interesting. I want to see the fallout, the D reaction, and the polling industry reaction, etc. I don't think that will happen though, and I expect a Governor Edwards by next year.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1096 on: November 21, 2015, 04:39:27 PM »

Over even worse, like KY last month.
Hydera

« Reply #1097 on: November 21, 2015, 04:50:16 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2015, 05:05:34 PM by Hydera »

I hate this conspiracy theory.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Presidential_04/oh_polls.html

Ohio was a tossup state and if theres a real conspiracy its Osama releasing a threatening tape a week prior to the election to help bush get elected since he knew the US would keep wasting resources on the mid-east if Bush was re-elected.

After the tape was released, it was all but certain that Bush gained enough support that he won Ohio.

Plus the polls a week prior, only one out of nine polls conducted in the state had Kerry leading.

I don't like Bush but he won Ohio in 2004 fair and square because of help from Osama.

dems have to really stop with their psychological obsession with "Ohio 2004 Electronic Fraud Bush Diebold Conspiracy" i know its your coping mechanism after losing that election but its as ridiculous as "Obama only won 2012 because of voter fraud".
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1098 on: November 21, 2015, 05:06:19 PM »

I hate this conspiracy theory.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Presidential_04/oh_polls.html

Ohio was a tossup state and if theres a real conspiracy its Osama releasing a threatening tape a week prior to the election to help bush get elected since he knew the US would keep wasting resources on the mid-east if Bush was re-elected.

After the tape was released, it was all but certain that Bush gained enough support that he won Ohio.

Plus the polls a week prior, only one out of nine polls conducted in the state had Kerry leading.

I don't like Bush but he won Ohio in 2004 fair and square because of help from one man.

Electronic voting machines never make mistakes. When Gore got -16,022 votes in one precinct in Florida, it was just a bad precinct for him.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1099 on: November 21, 2015, 05:13:17 PM »

I'm not really paying attention to the election result tonight. What I like it the fact that a Democrat went negative, and I mean negative and didn't explode should give all dems across the country a road map for the future. Especially when Vitter was suppose to 3 months ago win this without a runoff with about 50 to 55 percent of the vote.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies