Claire McCaskill "evolves" on gay marriage
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:39:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Claire McCaskill "evolves" on gay marriage
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Claire McCaskill "evolves" on gay marriage  (Read 1170 times)
CountryClassSF

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 24, 2013, 09:04:41 PM »

http://clairecmc.tumblr.com/post/46209857472/and-now-abide-faith-hope-love-these-three-but-the#_=_

Funny how she waited until AFTER the election to have this "epiphany". Can't let those pesky voters know how she really felt!

And yet, Missourians, which voted at the ballot box to define marriage, voted her in anyway because they didn't like Akin's speaking skills.

Well, I'm sure they all wanted a Ted Kennedy Democrat in there --- who didn't have the courtesy or guts to explain her SSM views during her campaign.

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 09:06:02 PM »

http://clairecmc.tumblr.com/post/46209857472/and-now-abide-faith-hope-love-these-three-but-the#_=_

Funny how she waited until AFTER the election to have this "epiphany". Can't let those pesky voters know how she really felt!

And yet, Missourians, which voted at the ballot box to define marriage, voted her in anyway because they didn't like Akin's speaking skills.

lol
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 09:06:42 PM »

Why here? McCaskill is irrelevant in 2016, especially when she's going to be out of the Senate for sure in 2018.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 09:08:14 PM »

Well, I'm sure they all wanted a Ted Kennedy Democrat in there --- who didn't have the courtesy or guts to explain her SSM views during her campaign.

LOL, I don't know your game Country Class. I think you're a sock but I kind of feel you on this one. Politicians have been having lots of "evolutions" on this subject lately, haven't they? And McCaskill had it at a very convenient time.

Of course the difference between you and me is that I support this kind of evolution while you think evolution of any kind is the work of Satan.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 09:11:14 PM »

Why here? McCaskill is irrelevant in 2016, especially when she's going to be out of the Senate for sure in 2018.

Oh wow, I guess I posted this in the wrong thread. Haha. Sorry about that!

On the subject though, I do think she's going to be considered for VP.  Despite Akin's shortcomings, she won by a large margin and may put certain midwestern states in play. She's a skilled politician,
CountryClassSF

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 09:12:54 PM »

LOL, I don't know your game Country Class. I think you're a sock but I kind of feel you on this one. Politicians have been having lots of "evolutions" on this subject lately, haven't they? And McCaskill had it at a very convenient time.

Of course the difference between you and me is that I support this kind of evolution while you think evolution of any kind is the work of Satan.

Actually, you don't know me, so please don't assume what I believe. Unfortunately, you stereotype conservatives into a box...

I am an openly gay male, I live in San Francisco, and I oppose gay marriage at the federal level.

Why couldn't she tell the voters her belief?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 09:15:36 PM »

A good evolution, if she continues with these and becomes less moderate over the next few years, then I'd interpret it as gearing up for the Veepstakes.  But this one instance alone doesn't mean that.

I'm not so sure.  If she felt this strongly about it on an independent level, she would have had the decency to tell her constituents when she was running for re-election, don't you think?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 09:15:43 PM »

Actually, you don't know me, so please don't assume what I believe. Unfortunately, you stereotype conservatives into a box...

I am an openly gay male, I live in San Francisco, and I oppose gay marriage at the federal level.

Why couldn't she tell the voters her belief?

Mods, how many infraction points does trolling get you?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 09:17:38 PM »

Mods, how many infraction points does trolling get you?

Ah, yes. Because all gay people have to think alike or they're a troll, right?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 09:19:34 PM »

On the subject though, I do think she's going to be considered for VP.  Despite Akin's shortcomings, she won by a large margin and may put certain midwestern states in play. She's a skilled politician,

Not really. She beat a Bachmann level crazy by less than 20 points in a not far far right state. What great politics.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 09:21:18 PM »

Not really. She beat a Bachmann level crazy by less than 20 points in a not far far right state. What great politics.

Do you think she would have won if she was truthful about her support for SSM?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 09:22:42 PM »

Do you think she would have won if she was truthful about her support for SSM?

Of course. The sheer fear of having SENATOR Akin would've allowed her to win, maybe by 10 points instead of 15 points, but still.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 09:23:46 PM »

OK, then locking thread...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies