Should the Republican nominee support SSM? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:43:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Should the Republican nominee support SSM? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Should the Republican nominee support SSM?  (Read 5119 times)
CountryClassSF

« on: March 22, 2013, 12:40:51 AM »

No, I will stay home
CountryClassSF

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 03:50:03 PM »

I'd be impressed if they merely drop the constitutional amendment from their platform.

As I discussed in the other thread, I believe the only way us Americans can preserve the sanctity of marriage is to pass a Federal Marriage Amendment. This will stop activist judges from redefining the institution for all of America

If the Republican Party goes this route, they have surrendered the culture wars
CountryClassSF

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 08:16:12 PM »

Don't you realize that many voters have stayedh ome in 2008 and 2012 because we didn't have a conservative running? What about us? Don't our votes matter?

We tried the RINO thing twice, and it was a disaster. Third if you count Dole. You have to bring the base AND independents out. It's about balance. RINOs are too busy tossing us overboard to understand.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 08:44:20 PM »

Don't you realize that many voters have stayedh ome in 2008 and 2012 because we didn't have a conservative running? What about us? Don't our votes matter?

We tried the RINO thing twice, and it was a disaster. Third if you count Dole. You have to bring the base AND independents out. It's about balance. RINOs are too busy tossing us overboard to understand.

Wait, weren't both Bush's RINOs?

I'd say they screwed up on some things, economically. But they did great with social conservative turnout as well as Latino turnout. W was able to run ideas based  campaigns, attracting moderates and conservatives both.

HW ran a terrible campaign in '92, but George W Bush really mastered it in 04
CountryClassSF

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 12:18:22 AM »

What's sad is that Republicans did the exact opposite this year.  Nominated both a RINO AND an out-of-touch plutocrat. I don't get it. It's like the establishment is purposefully trying to lose.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies