EP elections 2014
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:02:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  EP elections 2014
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 51
Author Topic: EP elections 2014  (Read 204403 times)
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: April 03, 2014, 03:09:34 AM »

It's just a fact that for many years far-left rhetorics have too often (not always) relied on class struggle, proletariate etc.
Are you inferring that there is no class struggle ongoing today ? And that there is no proletariate in our society ? Of course, the proletariate doesn't think of itself as such, and only the dominant class is conscious that there is indeed a class struggle, and that they are winning it. But still, these words may be dated, but the concepts are still very much current.
palandio

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #626 on: April 03, 2014, 05:34:41 AM »

It's just a fact that for many years far-left rhetorics have too often (not always) relied on class struggle, proletariate etc.
Are you inferring that there is no class struggle ongoing today ? And that there is no proletariate in our society ? Of course, the proletariate doesn't think of itself as such, and only the dominant class is conscious that there is indeed a class struggle, and that they are winning it. But still, these words may be dated, but the concepts are still very much current.
A majority of the German adult population does not own any property that would merit that name. And we Germans are rich by comparison. Call that proletariat if you want.
1% owns one third and here we are speaking of all property. The numbers get even higher if we only count ownership of enterprises etc. Some enterpreneur-financed lobby groups try to influence politics and to a large degree they succeed. Call that class struggle if you want, George Soros does.
I hope you get what I mean.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #627 on: April 03, 2014, 07:05:04 AM »

I think we actually agree, palandio. It's our comrade Tito I do not agree with completely.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #628 on: April 03, 2014, 10:34:30 AM »

Talking from a European perspective, can we really call international CEOs or market speculators ''bourgeoisie'' even though they are still wage earners? Can we really call the upper middle class people reliant on income, no longer living in urban industrial areas ''proleteriat'' even though they own land, capital, etc albeit in very small proportion compared to the infamous 1%.
No, we shouldn't call them that, my point exactly. Though there is still a class struggle between a dominant class and an exploited one, and if anything the dominant class is even more dominant than the bourgeoisie ever was, and the exploited are even less self-conscious than the proletariat ever was. Hence all of our problems.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #629 on: April 03, 2014, 11:18:39 AM »

If you love Tsipras so much, maybe you should move to Greece ? Ouzo is the sh**t.

More seriously, Tsipras is GUE's candidate EU-wide, and there are now more and more people in the "radical left" that live and think in the present. Don't make us a bunch of archaic marxist-leninist. The parties might still have progress to do, but you really can find individuals that are more or less credible and not nutjobs.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #630 on: April 03, 2014, 12:59:21 PM »

Well, from what I hear from various far-left people, the discourse is often very outdated and not very useful might be true, but I don't see a middle person being convinced by it.

Politics isn't only about ideas, it's also about being to convince people.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #631 on: April 03, 2014, 02:28:07 PM »

On an unrelated note, why is PASOK calling itself L'Ulivo or whatever now?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #632 on: April 03, 2014, 03:27:53 PM »

Apparently, it's an alliance with small social-democrat parties for elections (probably inspired by Italians).
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #633 on: April 03, 2014, 04:00:42 PM »

Because PASOK's name is lower than mud and they're desperate enough to disguise themselves to avoid complete obliteration come May?

*spoilers* it won't work

Enno von Loewenstern
Rookie
« Reply #634 on: April 03, 2014, 06:20:56 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2014, 06:24:03 PM by Enno von Loewenstern »

I am sorry to interrupt your far left discussion for the latest german survey. Do not feel disturbed. ;-)

Infratest dimap    for ARD       

CDU/CSU 40 %    
SPD 28 %
Greens 9 %    
Left 7 %    
AfD 6 %
FDP 3 %        
Others 7 %

I would estimate the "others" : 2-2,5% Pirates, 1-1,5% Free Voters, 1% NPD, 0,5-1% Animal Protection, ÖDP, Die Partei, less than 0,5 pro NRW, REP etc.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #635 on: April 04, 2014, 02:04:10 AM »

New poll for "Heute" by Unique Research (sample = 800):

FPÖ drops to below 20% for the first time, nice ... hopefully it lasts.

Wink

http://www.heute.at/news/politik/art23660,1000423
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #636 on: April 04, 2014, 02:16:16 AM »

It's also the first time the liberal NEOS has 14% support in an EP poll.

With their continuing trend upward and the FPÖ struggling to attract protest voters because of Mölzer's racist/nazi-rants, I think NEOS could actually achieve a HP Martin-like result of 18% in this election.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #637 on: April 04, 2014, 04:29:13 AM »

Wink

I never thought I would be so happy seeing ÖVP so high... Tongue
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #638 on: April 04, 2014, 07:20:34 AM »

The Sweden Democrats might leave the planned Far-Right group (called EAF) because the recent "n-conglomerate/Third Reich/anti-David Alaba"-rants from FPÖ's Mölzer are "not tolerable" for them:

http://derstandard.at/1395363930520/Moelzers-Aussagen-fuer-Schwedendemokraten-nicht-tolerierbar

Smiley

Excellent. It's better that this Far-Right group is never established anyway.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #639 on: April 04, 2014, 07:38:39 AM »

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #640 on: April 04, 2014, 07:57:30 AM »

Wink

I never thought I would be so happy seeing ÖVP so high... Tongue

Me neither Tongue

I feel really ashamed as Austrian, that we actually voted such a man into the European Parliament! Why are Austrians so dumb?

Hopefully the FPÖ drop stays; but it's still over a month, so I don't have much faith...
Enno von Loewenstern
Rookie
« Reply #641 on: April 04, 2014, 09:33:48 AM »

Anderas Mölzer is such an racist idiot. I am against political correctness and i am against the inflationary accusations of racism, but Mölzer needs to retire. It is not surprising that the AfD not want to sit with him in a group. And now even the Swedendemocrats. They are absolutely right!
Tayya
Sweden

« Reply #642 on: April 05, 2014, 03:04:15 AM »

The Sweden Democrats might leave the planned Far-Right group (called EAF) because the recent "n-conglomerate/Third Reich/anti-David Alaba"-rants from FPÖ's Mölzer are "not tolerable" for them:

http://derstandard.at/1395363930520/Moelzers-Aussagen-fuer-Schwedendemokraten-nicht-tolerierbar

Smiley

I don't think you understand how baffling it is to see the Sweden Democrats actually draw the line someone. The statement is from their most extreme MP, even, who regularly talks about "people exchanges" and other unpleasantries.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #643 on: April 05, 2014, 04:19:58 AM »

Smiley

I don't think you understand how baffling it is to see the Sweden Democrats actually draw the line someone. The statement is from their most extreme MP, even, who regularly talks about "people exchanges" and other unpleasantries.

Or: Maybe it was just an alibi-statement from the Sweden Democrats ...

They say they don't agree with the comments because they don't want to piss off their moderate voters.

But what they think in reality is probably not much different than the views Mölzer has ... Tongue
Diouf
Denmark
« Reply #644 on: April 05, 2014, 06:41:11 AM »

NCD and UDC ally for the European elections, and apparently they are in negotiations with Mario Mauro's new Popolari per l'Italia as well. Popolari per l'Italia is a split off from Mario Montis Scelta Civica, and sits in a common group with the UDC in the parliament. They have a deputy minister and three undersecretaries in the Renzi Cabinet.
According to the newest poll from Ipsos for Corriere delle Sera, they are able to cross the threshold and get 5 seats. However, in this poll neither the Tsipras alliance nor the ALDE alliance (Scelta Civica - Europa) are above the threshold. But neither are that far from doing it.

http://www.repubblica.it/politica/2014/04/03/news/elezioni_europee_ncd_di_alfano_si_allea_con_udc_d_alia_insieme_verso_ppe_italiano-82618482/
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #645 on: April 05, 2014, 06:51:05 AM »

So that answers that about NCD (and FDI). I guess the center-left alliance will definitely be the top vote getter now.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #646 on: April 05, 2014, 07:05:04 AM »

Apparently heavy infighting within the FPÖ right now about the Nazi/Racism/Anti-David Alaba comments by Andreas Mölzer ...

FPÖ-leader Strache said he "doesn't like at all" the comments by Mölzer against the popular black footballer David Alaba, because Strache "is a big fan of him" and the "FPÖ is a patriotic party".

Other party members don't like all his recent comments in general, fearing that the party could lose considerable support in the next weeks (similar to what happened with Barbara Rosenkranz in the 2010 Presidential Election).

But it's not so easy to get rid of Mölzer: Mölzer is a long-time and die-hard FPÖ-politician who often defended Strache against others, and appeals to the very far-right segment of the party.

He's also the editor of the far-right newspaper "Zur Zeit", which also published the anti-Alaba article and appeals to the far-right fraternities. If Mölzer is axed, the newspaper could report badly about Strache ...

Also, his son - Wendelin Mölzer - is a current MP in the Austrian Parliament, who - if his father is axed - could become an uncomfortable backbencher for Strache and the party.

Also, campaign posters with Mölzer have already been printed - worth a few millions.

But: If the FPÖ really has the balls to get rid of Mölzer, they have until April 11 at 5pm, which is the deadline to submit the party lists for the EP elections to the Interior Ministry.

http://derstandard.at/1395364387850/Strache-gegen-beleidigende-Formulierungen-in-Moelzers-Heft
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #647 on: April 05, 2014, 07:18:33 AM »

New OGM poll for the "Kurier" newspaper (sample = 776):

"Should the FPÖ-politician Andreas Mölzer step down because of his comments likening the EU to the Third Reich ?"

67% Yes
17% No
16% Undecided

(among FPÖ voters only)

24% Yes
53% No
23% Undecided

http://kurier.at/politik/eu/fpoe-moelzer-wird-zu-straches-hypothek/59.192.523

47% of FPÖ voters either wanting his resignation or being "no comment" should be alarming for Strache ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #648 on: April 05, 2014, 07:31:49 AM »

Signature collection update:

* Europa Anders ("A different Europe" - Communists, Pirates, Wandel): Completed (2.600/2.600)

* BZÖ: 2.457/2.600

* EU-STOP: 1.750/2.600

* SGA/Monarchists: 1.600/2.600

http://derstandard.at/1395364379809/Drei-Parteien-sammeln-noch-Unterstuetzungserklaerungen

BZÖ will easily get the signatures needed, but the other 2 only have 5 days left to collect them.

Doesn't look good for them ...
FredLindq
« Reply #649 on: April 05, 2014, 12:48:44 PM »

NCD and UDC ally for the European elections, and apparently they are in negotiations with Mario Mauro's new Popolari per l'Italia as well. Popolari per l'Italia is a split off from Mario Montis Scelta Civica, and sits in a common group with the UDC in the parliament. They have a deputy minister and three undersecretaries in the Renzi Cabinet.
According to the newest poll from Ipsos for Corriere delle Sera, they are able to cross the threshold and get 5 seats. However, in this poll neither the Tsipras alliance nor the ALDE alliance (Scelta Civica - Europa) are above the threshold. But neither are that far from doing it.

http://www.repubblica.it/politica/2014/04/03/news/elezioni_europee_ncd_di_alfano_si_allea_con_udc_d_alia_insieme_verso_ppe_italiano-82618482/

So NCD, and UCD etc will be in an alliances, FI will go with La Destra. What are the chances off FDI and the liberal alliance getting 4% each?! FDI seems to be polling  almost 4% and the liberals better than in national polls.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies