EP elections 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:10:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  EP elections 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EP elections 2014  (Read 204776 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: March 26, 2013, 11:29:09 AM »

Unless something changed on this again, the PS has rejected (or maybe 'delayed' as seems to be the case with most of their reforms) switching back to a single national constituency (even if PRG and EELV wanted one). I guess we're stuck with these monstrosities for another go through.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 09:07:41 AM »

I highly doubt the FN would ally itself with open neo-Nazis like XA or Jobbik. As much as their "modernization" and so on is based on hot air, they need to maintain the public appearance of a respectable right-populist/nationalist right party rather than an extremist far-right party which allies with neo-Nazis. Under Panzerdaddy, they probably wouldn't have cared as much, but Panzergirl and her apparatchiks care.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 08:37:21 AM »

As I understand MPF got less than 5% nationally but still got a seat in 2009. Is it a 5% threshold per region?

I guess that this will help UMP, FN and PS.

Yes, the 5% threshold is per region. Because these regional constituencies have few seats, of course, the real regional threshold (like in Spanish general elections) is much higher especially in the Massif-Centre (without mentioning the 3-seater overseas).

Libertas (MPF-CPNT) got one seat in 2009 (the Viscount) because the MPF's vote was concentrated in Philippe de Villiers' native department of the Vendee (33%) and a bit in neighbouring regions, allowing it to win 10.3% in the West region.

Discussions about France would be better in the dedicated thread...
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 07:43:07 PM »

Take the Hapsburg wankery to some other thread (preferably on another board), or El Caudillo will intervene.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 12:25:26 PM »

I got

G-EFA 86%
SD 81%
GUE-NGL 74%
ALDE 60%
EPP 51%
EFD 39%
ECR 33%

My top MEPs are Michael Cramer (Greens-Germany, 93%), Jens Geier (SPD, 92%), Nicole Kiil-Nielsen (EELV, 90%), Malika Benarab-Attou (EELV, 89%), Maria Badia i Cutchet (PSC, 88%) and Marie Cornelissen (GroenLinks, 88%). My top party in France is obviously EELV.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 04:52:17 PM »

Panzergirl and her ilk don't want to debate because she doesn't know the first thing about how the EU actually works and she'd probably get asked the inconvenient question of why she never shows up to the EP and only shows up enough to collect her paycheck. It's way cooler to bitch inanely about TEH EUROKRATS and INDEPENDENCE.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 05:57:09 PM »

Remember guys, the FN is a new party. They're really not racists, just defending our independence!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/10847344/Jean-Marie-Le-Pen-Ebola-epidemic-would-solve-immigration-problems.html
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 04:02:29 PM »

I'm voting on Saturday, but I don't know who to vote for. I'm torn between the greenies (EELV), which will win at least one seat in my constituency and which is the major party I agree with the most but I'm not a big fan of them since they're useless and idiotic careerists and their performance in government was crappy (otoh, I credit them for not buying into Valls' scam and their MEPs are actually competent); or the tiny and irrelevant regionalist list (R&PS), which stands zero chance of winning seats and will do horribly, but they're probably the one list I sympathize with the most as a French regionalist myself. I've also considered voting 'Nouvelle donne', a new leftist-progressive party which wants some FDR-like New Deal.

Any recommendations?
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 08:13:14 AM »

Thread locked. All results in the other thread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies