Final Siege Speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:11:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Final Siege Speech
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Final Siege Speech  (Read 452 times)
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2005, 04:57:07 PM »

Normal, Illinois

Camera flashes. Senator Siege40 enters the stage.

It’s great to be here in Normal. Sadly, for many Atlasians, their normal lives aren’t what was promised to them in their American Dream. No healthcare, poor education, low wages, and outsourcing of their jobs. Its not a great time in Atlasia. Urban centres are rotting away at the cores, and farmers are going belly-up. Presidential-candidate Al has the answers.

Al and I are here to represent the common man in Atlasia. The workers, the farmers, and the middle class. A great man, a political idol of mine Tommy Douglas once said, “There once was a group of mice, and they decided to elected themselves a government. So, they had an election and elected a party of fat white cats. Despite their promises to not eat the mice anymore soon as they were elected they continued anyway. So, the mice decided that they wouldn’t take it anymore, and when Election Day came they voted in a new government… of fat black cats. The fat black cats continued with business as usual eating the mice. One mouse got fed up and proclaimed, ‘Why do we keep voting for the cats? We should elect our own government of mice to run our own affairs!’ And from the crowd of the mice came the call, ‘Communist!’”

I also want to talk about responsible government. If up to me, the government will take a more fiscally responsible role towards spending. Many Senator have come up with brilliant programs, but in this time of tighter budgets, there needs to be tighter belts. Restraining these programs will be key to the future success of Atlasia.

I also want to talk to you about preferencing. There are three major candidates running for election. Al and I agree that we are the best to run the country, like there was any other notion, but it is up to the voters. Therefore I recommend that if Al and I don’t receive your first preference that Lewis does, or if we do, he gets the second. We have similar policies, and would likely support each other’s works, though I cannot speak for Lewis, Al or True Democrat.

Thank you Normal! Illinois will be a tight state for us to win, so see you on Friday!

Applause. Siege40 waves to the crowd and exits the stage.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies