Regarding Rick Santorum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:33:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Regarding Rick Santorum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regarding Rick Santorum  (Read 6473 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 23, 2013, 03:06:38 PM »

I don't think it's that he "dwells on" social issues at the expense of economic issues (as if they are somehow separate, of course...) but that his views on social issues are...controversial, to put it charitably.

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 11:10:53 AM »

What was Santorum's line about kids going to college? Something unspeakable, right?

Something totally taken out of context. Per usual.

He said Obama was "a snob" for wanting everyone to go to college (even though Obama never said he wanted everyone to go to college).

And IIRC, Santorum has a BA, an MBA, and a JD, so.....
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 12:30:27 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2013, 12:35:54 PM by Progressive Realist »

What was Santorum's line about kids going to college? Something unspeakable, right?

Something totally taken out of context. Per usual.

He said Obama was "a snob" for wanting everyone to go to college (even though Obama never said he wanted everyone to go to college).

And IIRC, Santorum has a BA, an MBA, and a JD, so.....

That right there is how his comments were taken ridiculously out of context. "Rick went to college! How could he say going to college is snobby?" Except he didn't say going to college is snobby. Either you people cannot follow simple arguments or you're totally disingenuous. I really can't tell these days.

Oh give me a break, Santorum built a dishonest strawman of "President Obama wants everyone to go to college!" and then said that something that Obama (didn't) say was snobby.  Excuse us for thinking that Santorum  isn't a credible  "anti-elitist,working-class hero" (which I know that he wants to be perceived as) when he himself has been a huge beneficiary of higher education (among other things).

And for the love of God, if you agree with Santorum, please elaborate on why you agree with him. Stop being so damn defensive and stop attacking people who don't like your candidate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies