Regarding Rick Santorum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:23:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Regarding Rick Santorum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regarding Rick Santorum  (Read 6509 times)
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« on: March 25, 2013, 09:36:22 AM »

I'm pretty certain that Rick Santorum will carry Iowa and possibly South Carolina, but other than that, it depends on who else decides to run. If either Marco Rubio or Jeb Bush assume front-runner status early on in the race, Santorum would not really have any chance. In addition, if other socially conservative candidates such as Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann or Sam Brownback decide to run, Santorum might not even win in Iowa or drop out fairly early. If it boils down to a race between Chris Christe and Santorum, I'm pretty sure that Santorum would come out on top and win the nomination, as Christe is not exactly adored by the Christian Right and the Tea Party supporters in the Republican Party.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 11:51:25 AM »

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Santorum getting the Republican nomination, but I wouldn't mind too much.  It would practically seal a Democratic victory in the general election.
The only states that Rick Santorum would probably carry if he is the Rebublican nominee in 2016 are Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Kansas, Nebraska and maybe Ohio or Iowa depending on the state of the economy.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 10:10:14 AM »

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Santorum getting the Republican nomination, but I wouldn't mind too much.  It would practically seal a Democratic victory in the general election.
The only states that Rick Santorum would probably carry if he is the Rebublican nominee in 2016 are Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Kansas, Nebraska and maybe Ohio or Iowa depending on the state of the economy.

Iowa?  No, Iowa is better than that.  The Dakotas maybe (unfortunately). 
Your probably right about the Dakotas going for Rick Santorum, although I still think that he would do fairly well in Iowa due to him energizing the Christian Right voters in that state. Whoever the Dems nominate against Rick Santorum would most likely get close to 400 electoral votes and win at least 55% of the vote
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies