Kerry up 5 in new CBS/NYTimes poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:19:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kerry up 5 in new CBS/NYTimes poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry up 5 in new CBS/NYTimes poll  (Read 3058 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 02, 2004, 03:06:56 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/02/opinion/polls/main609944.shtml

In what must be the most inherently self contradictory poll I have seen in a while...

Nationally, Kerry is up 5 points, but in the 18 Battleground states Bush is up 2 points...

For those of you have mastered math up to say, the grade 3 level, I will leave the anaylsis of this one up to you...

The "battleground states" that Bush leads by 2 points in  include Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Iowa, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin..

This poll was conducted among a nationwide random sample of 1,024 adults, interviewed by telephone March 30-April 1,2004. The sample included 834 registered voters. The error due to sampling could be plus or minus three percentage points for results based on the samples of registered voters and all adults.

Before I comment on the actual poll.  Arkansas, Delaware, Washington, and Maine are NOT battleground states.  They're really stretching it.  

Anyway...

1) It's April
2) I don't trust CBS and The NY Times just as I don't trust FOX.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies