Kerry up 5 in new CBS/NYTimes poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:41:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kerry up 5 in new CBS/NYTimes poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry up 5 in new CBS/NYTimes poll  (Read 3090 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« on: April 02, 2004, 04:10:18 PM »

How good is the CBS/NYT poll usually?

Not!  They have a history of being 8 points off the final result.

except in 2000... but then again CBS/NYT can't be the most impartial source?.... then again Fox polls are usally quite good...
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 05:41:53 AM »

This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department...  Smiley

CBSNews/NYTimes

2000 = dead on.
1980-1996 = utter disaster.

Did they "fix it" in 2000, or did they just get lucky...?

except in 2000... but then again CBS/NYT can't be the most impartial source?.... then again Fox polls are usally quite good...

I think that they just copied of of other polls to be honest and as for what Ben said, FOX/Oppinion Dynamics polls are usually quite accurate.

That’s what I said... wasn’t being sarcastic or anything... normally I approach anything from FOX, CBS, NYT and WSJ as suspect however when it comes to polls I cant deny that FOX have been quite good while in 2000 CBS where right (for once)... Vorlon is right this could be a fluke but maybe they have changed their methodology and become more accurate... we will see...  
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 01:13:57 PM »

This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department...  Smiley

CBSNews/NYTimes

2000 = dead on.
1980-1996 = utter disaster.

Did they "fix it" in 2000, or did they just get lucky...?

I think that they just copied of of other polls to be honest and as for what Ben said, FOX/Oppinion Dynamics polls are usually quite accurate.

That’s what I said... wasn’t being sarcastic or anything... normally I approach anything from FOX, CBS, NYT and WSJ as suspect however when it comes to polls I cant deny that FOX have been quite good while in 2000 CBS where right (for once)... Vorlon is right this could be a fluke but maybe they have changed their methodology and become more accurate... we will see...  

While the WSJ does have a.. perspective.... the firm that does their polling - Teeter/Hart is actually an extraordinarily good firm.  Bob Tetter was Reagan's Pollster (Along with Dick Withlin) and Peter Hart has a very long and dustinguished record on the Democratic side.

WSJ polling is actually about as good as it gets...

I stand corrected...
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 01:37:44 PM »

Wow I'm with striking distance of achieving divinity and ascending to that highest of realms on the board... ahh...one step closer!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies