IL-Gov: Durbin won't endorse in Dem primary, criticizes Quinn
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:49:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-Gov: Durbin won't endorse in Dem primary, criticizes Quinn
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-Gov: Durbin won't endorse in Dem primary, criticizes Quinn  (Read 1557 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 26, 2013, 10:44:41 AM »

What are the chances national and state Dems pull a Paterson here? The alternative is getting nuked by Madigan in a primary.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/politics&id=9040582
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 02:38:43 PM »

Sheila simon was on the quinn team last time and durbin wants to win reelection. Simons had a working relationship with durbin.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 11:23:25 PM »

Congrats to Governor Madigan.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 02:58:42 PM »

Neither Madigan nor Daley has announced whether or not they'll run.  I think Madigan seems pretty happy as AG, and I don't see how Daley poses a serious challenge either, so I think this is effectively an R gain.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 03:59:04 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2013, 04:03:59 PM by OC »

Quinn has been hurt by the sequester cuts. Wout the booming economy at ohare which translate into hotel and service jobs, the economy wont pickup. Hopefully, these cuts which daley as chief of staff signed off on, goes away in time. Daley wont be governor, madigan, should be gov.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 04:20:43 PM »

Neither Madigan nor Daley has announced whether or not they'll run.  I think Madigan seems pretty happy as AG, and I don't see how Daley poses a serious challenge either, so I think this is effectively an R gain.
Madigan's already courting progressive groups, and Daley's an ex-COS. If Madigan gets in it's a safe D, if it's Daley it's a Lean D, and if it's Quinn it Tilts R.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 04:34:42 PM »

Daley shouldnt be gov, daley fatigue in s.ill, and signed off on that aweful seq deal.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 08:28:15 AM »
« Edited: March 28, 2013, 08:31:07 AM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

Madigan's already courting progressive groups, and Daley's an ex-COS. If Madigan gets in it's a safe D, if it's Daley it's a Lean D, and if it's Quinn it Tilts R.
I haven't seen any solid evidence that they'll run, and I certainly hope they don't.  Remember that Illinois may be Safe D in presidential elections but is much closer at the state level.
Consider, too, that Mike Madigan is still House Speaker in Illinois, and Lisa will only run if he retires, which, from what I've heard, is unlikely.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 01:56:27 PM »

This has little to do with policy and more to do with the machine. Quinn has been a good Democrat and refused to cut pensions, and all of these people would do the same. The reason behind it is that they have disliked him ever since he got swept into the governor's mansion by chance. The machine wants another puppet like Blagojevich in Springfield, and that is why I think they are doing this.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 04:33:13 AM »

This has little to do with policy and more to do with the machine. Quinn has been a good Democrat and refused to cut pensions, and all of these people would do the same. The reason behind it is that they have disliked him ever since he got swept into the governor's mansion by chance. The machine wants another puppet like Blagojevich in Springfield, and that is why I think they are doing this.

Quinn has been one of the leaders calling for cuts to pensions. His state of the state and budget addresses highlighted pension reform plans then under consideration. The Dems leading the IL House and Senate are fundamentally at odds over the form of a pension bill, so nothing gets to the Gov.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 11:05:53 AM »

I agree, Madigan will be speaker anyways and even if Quinn loses, there isn't much the GOP can do anyways in Springfield.  Why waste money on a primary if you got an incumbant governor. Madigan will be much more formible if she takes down Kirk in 16.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies