Crime in your area?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:19:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Crime in your area?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Crime in your area?  (Read 4133 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2013, 01:42:49 AM »

Virtually no crime.

A homicide happens every 20 years or so.

Mostly break-in crime from Eastern European gangs and tourists who steal skis or snowboards.

Which reminds me, I should to visit your area. I need a new snowboard, you see.

It's actually more the Romanian "migrants" who commit a lot of crimes here, not the Polish.

Their population size is relatively small here, but there have been some very disturbing homicide cases in the past year: For example, a Romanian strangled a almost 90 year old woman to death in her apartment in Innsbruck last year and then sexually abused her.

He was sentenced to life in prison yesterday.

http://kurier.at/chronik/oesterreich/86-jaehrige-bestialisch-ermordet-lebenslang/7.535.041

Also last year, a gang of Romanians who already had a long shoplifting and property break-in history, killed 2 older retirees in the Salzburg suburbs.

Then, there's this recent problem with the Romanian and Bulgarian beggars in Austria, which are brought into the country in big numbers by gangs. During the day they are begging aggressively, in the night they are looking for empty houses etc. where they sleep in big numbers under inhumane conditions. The police chases them away, then they look for new empty houses and the story begins anew. And the police cannot arrest them, because they are EU citizens ...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies