election-atlas.ca (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:23:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  election-atlas.ca (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: election-atlas.ca  (Read 20591 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: April 02, 2013, 06:16:01 PM »

Spectacular! Added to my favourites (as was your previous page).
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 04:34:10 PM »

Yeah, you need to paste the data into Excel, then "text to column" it, using spaces as the delineator. Problem is, that breaks up riding names, so you have to go and fix all of those up. Still marginally faster than straight data entry. If you need a hand (ie, someone to contribute man hours, let me know and I'll see what I can squeeze in...).
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 08:06:31 PM »

Krago is awesome. End of story.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 09:26:59 PM »

Great work, mate!
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 09:56:11 PM »

By this, I assume you *don't* mean Poll #7?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 05:54:36 PM »

Comments
Toronto Centre: NDP collapsed in places like Regent Park. Looks like they upped their game north of Bloor, as they finished ahead of the Tories in a lot of polls.

Probably more to do with Tories staying home.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 07:01:52 PM »

You and Earl publish a couple of my favourite websites, and I thoroughly enjoy going through your results.

When I read your post, I was on my phone and therefore couldn't immediately open the maps to see your changes. I was ambivalent towards the idea of dots. In some respects, I prefer the old method, however the dots are clear and allow shading of the actual overall riding winner as a background colour, as you have done. Overall, I think this makes the dots a positive and I consider it slightly preferable to the previous version. Earl's suggestion of an option of switching between dots and the previous version is a good idea, however, if it doesn't require too much effort to accomplish (if it's difficult, I'm still happy with the current layout). I take it that the dot diameter reflects the margin of victory for the winning candidate (or primary vote of the winning candidate, which is roughly the same)?

My favourite addition is the ability to add multiple ridings to the sample. This was something I have wanted to see for some time, but assumed was too difficult/too intensive computing to be able to manage. Very, very pleased to see this.

The new boundary overlay is also an excellent addition.

Overall, I am really pleased with your changes.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 07:32:52 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2015, 07:50:45 PM by Smid »

You should have an option to not use the dots if you don't want to. I'm not a big fan of that change.

Ditto on that.  I want poll boundaries; not dots.  *Please*.

The poll boundaries are still there, just not quite so clear as they were before.

EDIT: I should note that you have to change the option near the top right from "View data for Ridings" to "View data for polls"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies