The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:13:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17
Author Topic: The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself  (Read 53616 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: December 25, 2013, 05:44:22 PM »

I'm litterally scared of "sims 2" burglars, I know it's strange, but it's my phobia!
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #351 on: December 25, 2013, 05:57:15 PM »

I watched 10 minutes of Sprout's 'Snooze-a-thon' last night.

It did not help me sleep.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #352 on: December 25, 2013, 06:07:50 PM »

Oh, this is back! Nice. Smiley
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #353 on: December 25, 2013, 06:43:32 PM »

I think I have piles.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #354 on: December 25, 2013, 06:50:14 PM »

About a year ago I actually watched two episodes of My Little Pony. I feel dirty ever since.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #355 on: December 25, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »

I'm 4 days overdue in rent and nobody's hiring Tongue
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #356 on: December 25, 2013, 08:02:37 PM »

I have an unhealthy obsession with apple pie
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #357 on: December 27, 2013, 06:22:24 PM »

When I park at a metered spot and don't have any change I take a ticket off of another vehicle nearby and put it on my own windshield. 

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #358 on: December 27, 2013, 06:29:48 PM »

Alright, time for me to actually confess something:

I cried in two instances during my stay in San Francisco (once pretty early in the year, the second one right after coming back after spending winter break in France with my family). The circumstances that triggered these outbursts are not very interesting, but it was really surprising because, though I'm pretty emotional, I don't think I had ever cried in the previous 10 years or so. Also interestingly, I didn't actually break into tears in another moment (in the days before and after I came back from SF) in which I felt much sadder than I had been in the other 2.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #359 on: September 06, 2014, 10:43:34 PM »

I have a couple things that I was thinking would best go in this thread.

Ugh, Snowstalker, your posts are so terrible I come to the Deluge to find one of your posts in here, and end up posting another of yours in it.

But it also might be because I am easily distractible. I'm currently writing three (perhaps even four) posts, each cut off in the middle to go and write another one, and have posted some four in the interim. To top it off I went on Wikipedia to look at something and ended up in the middle of editing a bunch of pages. Jesus.

Realized that the music I listen to is pretty much 100% Baroque/Classical Christian sacred music and, excepting Handel, is basically all in Latin.  Why do I have a playlist that's all various settings of the Te Deum Laudamus?

I'm partial to Dvorak's; I feel like I've mentioned this before...
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #360 on: September 06, 2014, 11:05:12 PM »

I voted for Linda Lingle... twice...
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #361 on: September 06, 2014, 11:54:41 PM »

I definitely had piles, btw. Itchy ones.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #362 on: September 07, 2014, 01:53:44 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2014, 01:56:05 AM by Cory »

Confessions:

- I struggle with what seem to be two "me's". One me is nice, loving, outgoing, compassionate and friendly. The other "me" is mean, bitter, paranoid, hateful and full of wrath and spite and is distinctly amoral. Now that I'm on my medication again the good me dominates, but sometimes when I'm drinking the bad me comes out. And it comes out in force (as you guys are well aware, no doubt). I wish the "bad me" would just go away, but I know it will never fully happen and that hopefully with my medication I will learn to control it and not let it dominate me.

- Whenever I do something especially mean or hateful, I regret it massively and have a hard time forgiving myself. Even if it's something that seems petty. For example once when I was in 8th grate I was talking to a mutual friend about what someone else had said, I didn't know her name (she was really fat and had horrible acne) so I referred to her as "fat girl". She overheard me and I noticed tears streaming down her cheeks. I have never forgiven myself for this incident and others and sometimes cry about it. I'm so sorry about how stupid and immature I was to say that (to be fair, I didn't know she could hear it). But I know there is nothing I can do to take it back and it slays me. There are other similar incidents. I can never forgive myself for these petty (in the grand scheme of things) incidents, but have a much easier time forgiving others for past transgressions against myself.

- I probably have a drinking problem. I drink (like 8 or so beers worth, at once, unless I have whiskey then it's mixed drinks) almost every day because most of the time it makes me happy but sometimes it backfires and I should probably do something about it.

- I beat myself up constantly for not being "good enough". I feel like I will never be happy or successful. I am constantly comparing myself to other people and being disappointed... in myself. I just wish I was better. Someone else even.

- I struggled massively with severe depression from ages 16-18 roughly. I tried to kill myself several times but failed. I'm surprised I didn't go full-on insane (maybe I did). Literally years of mental torture, it's impossible to truly describe. One of my botched attempts was discovered and I got on medication which changed everything but I still struggle with depression but not nearly as much as I did then. I stooped taking my meds for a good while and fell back down and only recently have I truly begun to recover, but even then there are still elements of it. However I am however an excellent bullsh**ter and manage to hide this almost totally from my IRL associates and friends.

- I am a very emotional and sensitive person even though I try to put off a cynical and stoic front. Unfortunately this "front" seeps into my character and shapes it.

- I have a secret plan to kill myself around age 30 if my life isn't getting on track. The idea is to make it look like an accident to spare my loved ones the grief and guilt.

There you have it.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #363 on: September 07, 2014, 02:51:37 AM »

Well I hope you decide against that last idea no matter what situation you find yourself in. But based on comments you've made in the past things make a little more sense. Depression is a c**nt, I hope you can cope. Don't put up a front with everyone, though, you need to be open to get emotional support from people close to you.

And what is your definition for "on track"? Plenty of people don't have any idea what they want until they're 50, or think at 30 that they are a success but later look back and think they were completely wrong. I hope you can find genuine happiness wherever you end up.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #364 on: September 07, 2014, 02:51:47 AM »

Good lord I didn't mean for this to be so serious.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #365 on: September 07, 2014, 02:54:32 AM »

I?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: September 07, 2014, 03:16:00 AM »

The thread was peacefully dormant until I bothered it with the the prospect of posting some silly and slightly embarrassing stuff.

I mean I'm all very sorry for what Cory's going through but it's not at all what I was expecting to be posted. A blow to the gut and all.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #367 on: September 07, 2014, 03:28:28 AM »

Oh. If you'd like I can talk more about my piles.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #368 on: September 07, 2014, 06:22:39 AM »

Even if he has some strange tendancies, I really like Simfan.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #369 on: September 07, 2014, 08:40:15 AM »

Man, reading Cory's post really bummed me out, but it was also like reading something about myself. Sans the drinking problem, I feel almost the same exact way on every point. Cory, you might want to seek some help if you already haven't. It sounds like you're on a path to self-destruction--voluntary or not. There are ways to learn to cope with the issues that you have. Trust me, I've been slowly starting to cope with my unending inner torment and it's started to get better. Best of luck to you, man.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #370 on: September 07, 2014, 10:27:37 AM »

I voted for George Bush instead of Anne Richards...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #371 on: September 07, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »

I voted for George Bush instead of Anne Richards...

WHAT Shocked
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #372 on: September 07, 2014, 12:08:59 PM »

I take my posting more personally than I should (not just on this site), so I'm prone to holding grudges.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #373 on: September 07, 2014, 03:23:52 PM »

I take my posting more personally than I should (not just on this site), so I'm prone to holding grudges.

So if I told you that Drew Brees is the worst Quarterback in NFL history you would hate me?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #374 on: September 07, 2014, 07:06:19 PM »

Never forget...

Last fall, I was writing a short erotic story in which krazen gets seduced, and then raped, by his male high school teacher.  Sadly, I was about halfway through with it before I forgot about it and the file got deleted when I had to clean my hard drive.  From what I remember, it was pretty graphic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies