The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:56:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17
Author Topic: The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself  (Read 53299 times)
kcguy
Romania

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: August 17, 2013, 08:34:53 PM »
« edited: August 17, 2013, 08:45:16 PM by kcguy »

Hey, I'm not having— wait crap I am, kind of, now, maybe.  To a certain extent.  It's hard to adjust to actually dating.  Suffice it to say, kids, if you're distressed by your inexperience, I can assure you that there is hope on the horizon, and it is known as the Internet.  I had gone no further than a friendly hug with either sex before January (that, my 269th month upon the Earth), and now that is not the case.

22?

That's nothing.  I didn't kiss another guy until I was 26.

Then again, based on my last post, that may not be a surprise.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #301 on: August 17, 2013, 08:38:35 PM »

Sometimes I'm just like "Fock!" and am very tired and just am like "What the Hell" and all that and it's very whatever.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #302 on: August 17, 2013, 08:58:46 PM »

Since I've read everyone else's confessions, I feel like I should share, but I don't know what to mention.  (I mean, you already know I'm fascinated by redistricting, and that's usually one of the last things I'll admit to.)

I don't think of myself as OCD, but I can be extremely repetitive with my morning routine.  It can sometimes take me 20 minutes to brush my teeth.

I also have the urge to add up numbers on digital displays, to see if the numbers add up to a multiple of 9.  For example, my cable box reads "8:55", which adds up to 18, so I'm happy.

I frequently won't shower on days I don't leave the house (which is most Sundays).  And I often don't shave on the weekends at all.  It isn't because of any depression issues.  (Especially now, since I seem to be mildly seasonal-affective, and I'm currently on a sunshine-induced "high".)  I'm just lazy.

A couple of years ago, I made a fool of myself over a guy I only met once.  He was cute, and he told me he was an archivist.  I was surprised what a Pavlovian response that induced in me.  Unfortunately, he was straight, and I'm sure I just came across as creepy.

At the moment, these are the worst I can think of.  I don't usually dwell on the eccentricities that make me me.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #303 on: August 17, 2013, 09:07:40 PM »

I can kinda relate to the other side of that- I battle with chronically low self esteem so on some level I feel like most of the people who say they like me are just being nice, both here and irl

As a fellow-sufferer of chronically low self-esteem, I think I understand your feelings, BK. 

I tried to post a response to this once, but I must not have hit "Post".

I haven't been on this forum very long, but both of you have already left an impression on me.

Bacon King:
1.  You're cute, in a weird Tom Wopat kind of way.
2.  When I tried to post my first image and was having problems, you were nice enough to reach out to me and try to help.  I never said thanks.  Thanks.

Anvi:
I have less of an impression formed of your personality, but I do have two things in common with you.
1.  Unlike most of the posters on this forum, you're about my age.
2.  Like me, you claim Danube Swabian ancestry.
(Admittedly, these have nothing to do with self-esteem, but at least you've managed to stand out in a crowd.)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #304 on: August 17, 2013, 10:39:54 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2013, 08:17:47 PM by Snowstalker »

I hate to tell all my friends on Atlas, and I know fully what you will think of me after this, but I lack the power to hide it any longer.

I killed a man. His name was Roger Miller.

It was over a personal dispute, nothing I'd need to talk about here. But I felt as if in order to get revenge, I had to kill him. The day after a fistfight, I decided to go on the attack and hunt him down. After finding his address, I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8, and I yelled to the cabbie "Yo homes, smell ya later!". I looked at my kingdom; I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #305 on: August 17, 2013, 10:47:42 PM »

I began the orientation week for my graduate program today, and I hated it. My girlfriend described me as "shell-shocked" when I returned home at the end of the day. It was boring, it was stuffy, and I didn't like most of the other students. I feel as though I've made a huge mistake.

Oh, God.  That is not a good feeling.  I hope things change.  It was just an orientation week.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #306 on: August 17, 2013, 11:35:32 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2013, 11:38:30 PM by Leftbehind »

I used to shower consistently every day, basically as long as I can remember. With general apathy and depression and stuff now, I'm finding it hard to have get up the motivation to do that, so now if I'm not going to see anyone I really care about that day I'll often skip showering and just do it every other day. Same thing with brushing teeth. Not a big deal in itself but I feel kinda sh!tty about it given what it reflects.

Did the exact same here (for the same reasons), although I tended to go longer with teeth and went from none to a mouthful of cavities in a year or two, haha. Plath/Esther in the Bell Jar summed it up best with the lines on how she was tired with it and wished she could just brush a lifetimes all at once.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #307 on: August 18, 2013, 02:11:19 AM »

I used to shower consistently every day, basically as long as I can remember. With general apathy and depression and stuff now, I'm finding it hard to have get up the motivation to do that, so now if I'm not going to see anyone I really care about that day I'll often skip showering and just do it every other day. Same thing with brushing teeth. Not a big deal in itself but I feel kinda sh!tty about it given what it reflects.

Did the exact same here (for the same reasons), although I tended to go longer with teeth and went from none to a mouthful of cavities in a year or two, haha. Plath/Esther in the Bell Jar summed it up best with the lines on how she was tired with it and wished she could just brush a lifetimes all at once.

Well, you're British, so you have an excuse for bad teeth ;3

jk, I almost never went to the dentist as a kid and had absolutely terrible teeth as a result, tons of root canals and cavities and a few pulled. They're p much fine now, amazingly
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #308 on: August 18, 2013, 10:30:10 AM »
« Edited: August 18, 2013, 10:31:48 AM by ChairmanSanchez »

I am attracted to Abigail Kloubuchar's daughter. I guess I am into women ordinarily dismissed by society as "plain." I think the controversial "hot or not" thread about her was awful, but I still think the results were wrong none the less.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #309 on: August 18, 2013, 10:43:39 AM »

I like sushi...

No...

I love sushi.  There it is, Atlas.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #310 on: August 18, 2013, 04:10:23 PM »

I like sushi...

No...

I hate sushi. I feel like that's even more of a confession honestly. Feels like all my food-hipster-ish vegetarian/vegan friends are in love with it and I'm the only one who isn't.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #311 on: August 18, 2013, 05:12:44 PM »

I hate to tell all my friends on Atlas, and I know fully what you will think of me after this, but I lack the power to hide it any longer.

I killed a man. His name was Roger Miller.

It was over a personal dispute, nothing I'd need to talk about here. But I felt as if in order to get revenge, I had to kill him. The day after a fistfight, I decided to go on the attack and hunt him down. After finding his address, I pulled up to the house I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8, and I yelled to the cabbie "Yo homes, smell ya later!". I looked at my kingdom; I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.

Is there nothing you see that you don't intentionally set out to destroy
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #312 on: August 18, 2013, 05:30:16 PM »

Re: i hope the US Army doesn't sue me for stealing property

Incoming.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #313 on: August 18, 2013, 05:51:38 PM »

I am attracted to Abigail Kloubuchar's daughter. I guess I am into women ordinarily dismissed by society as "plain." I think the controversial "hot or not" thread about her was awful, but I still think the results were wrong none the less.

Don't you mean Amy Klobuchar's daughter? Who is herself named Abigail.

I like sushi...

No...

I hate sushi. I feel like that's even more of a confession honestly. Feels like all my food-hipster-ish vegetarian/vegan friends are in love with it and I'm the only one who isn't.

How can they eat sushi if they're vegetarian/vegan?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #314 on: August 18, 2013, 05:55:19 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2013, 07:12:10 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

I meant Amy Kloubuchar, yes.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #315 on: August 18, 2013, 06:36:52 PM »

I like sushi...

No...

Tennessee must be even more of a cultural wasteland than I thought Wink
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #316 on: August 18, 2013, 11:02:13 PM »

I like sushi...

No...

I feel like it's pretty common to call oneself vegetarian but still eat fish once in a while.  Definitely at least one of my close(ish) friends falls into that category, and, hey, fish is basically a vegetable according to the laws of kashrut anyway FWIW. Tongue
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #317 on: August 18, 2013, 11:54:48 PM »

I'm glad one of my friends left for college and at this point I'm happy I don't get to see him until Christmas. If you were in IRC Wednesday you would know, but for those of you who weren't...

Basically I made plans to say have one last day out with the guys a few weeks ago. I'm not even going to lie, I made them so I could say goodbye to all of them before I left. Knowing this, my friend decided to hijack the planning twice so his friend could come there (ftr both of them barely know us, and although I'm cool with both of them I want to prioritize my friends over them), even though I couldn't come. I had plans to see my grandmother, who's 89. At that age, you might not have until Christmas to live.

I said something along the lines of "I can't go. I have to see my grandmother that day. I feel like you want your friends to come more than me, and I just want to see y'all one more time for the next four months. You come back in a month anyway." He just went off on me, lost his sh(inks), and essentially sabotaged my last chance to say goodbye to my friends. He decided that he was having his own thing in the afternoon and to invite everyone then.

Between this and him trying to go after a girl I was talking to, I'm still pissed at him. (tl;dr, run into an old friend who liked me, realized it was me and immediately went crazy, then makes a move on me and he thinks it's on him) I had to be convinced to attend the last wings run for the year by about three people, and after I told them what happened I decided to do the mature thing about it and go anyways. I rescheduled my trip to my grandmother's, went out with the group, said goodbye to my friends, and said good riddance to him.

Knowing that I'm still pissed about it now maybe four months away will be good.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #318 on: August 19, 2013, 06:56:45 AM »

I'm glad one of my friends left for college and at this point I'm happy I don't get to see him until Christmas. If you were in IRC Wednesday you would know, but for those of you who weren't...

Basically I made plans to say have one last day out with the guys a few weeks ago. I'm not even going to lie, I made them so I could say goodbye to all of them before I left. Knowing this, my friend decided to hijack the planning twice so his friend could come there (ftr both of them barely know us, and although I'm cool with both of them I want to prioritize my friends over them), even though I couldn't come. I had plans to see my grandmother, who's 89. At that age, you might not have until Christmas to live.

I said something along the lines of "I can't go. I have to see my grandmother that day. I feel like you want your friends to come more than me, and I just want to see y'all one more time for the next four months. You come back in a month anyway." He just went off on me, lost his sh(inks), and essentially sabotaged my last chance to say goodbye to my friends. He decided that he was having his own thing in the afternoon and to invite everyone then.

Between this and him trying to go after a girl I was talking to, I'm still pissed at him. (tl;dr, run into an old friend who liked me, realized it was me and immediately went crazy, then makes a move on me and he thinks it's on him) I had to be convinced to attend the last wings run for the year by about three people, and after I told them what happened I decided to do the mature thing about it and go anyways. I rescheduled my trip to my grandmother's, went out with the group, said goodbye to my friends, and said good riddance to him.

I don't understand. Why you will never see your friends?
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #319 on: August 19, 2013, 11:24:15 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2013, 11:25:57 AM by Kitteh »

I like sushi...

No...

I love sushi.  There it is, Atlas.

I feel like it's pretty common to call oneself vegetarian but still eat fish once in a while.  Definitely at least one of my close(ish) friends falls into that category, and, hey, fish is basically a vegetable according to the laws of kashrut anyway FWIW. Tongue

Those "vegetarians" annoy me greatly; whether or not something lives in water seems like a morally irrelevant distinction w/r/t killing it for food. Especially with overfishing being an issue that stance doesn't really make sense to me. I guess doing it for taste reasons makes sense, that was originally the reason I became vegetarian, ethical considerations came later.

The answer to this question is that there's no food that can't be turned into some kind of hipsterified vegan gluten-free organic local raw version when it becomes the new fad. I'm pretty sure train is quite familiar with this, living where he does :b.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #320 on: August 19, 2013, 11:28:08 AM »

I don't understand. Why you will never see your friends?

I think its different in Europe, but in the US its typical for people to move away from their parents to attend college/university somewhere else, which is why sawx is leaving his friends back where he grew up, and why I'll be doing the same in nine days Curly
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #321 on: August 19, 2013, 12:10:53 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2013, 12:13:28 PM by traininthedistance »

I like sushi...

No...

I love sushi.  There it is, Atlas.

I feel like it's pretty common to call oneself vegetarian but still eat fish once in a while.  Definitely at least one of my close(ish) friends falls into that category, and, hey, fish is basically a vegetable according to the laws of kashrut anyway FWIW. Tongue

Those "vegetarians" annoy me greatly; whether or not something lives in water seems like a morally irrelevant distinction w/r/t killing it for food. Especially with overfishing being an issue that stance doesn't really make sense to me. I guess doing it for taste reasons makes sense, that was originally the reason I became vegetarian, ethical considerations came later.

The answer to this question is that there's no food that can't be turned into some kind of hipsterified vegan gluten-free organic local raw version when it becomes the new fad. I'm pretty sure train is quite familiar with this, living where he does :b.

Pretty much any sushi place I've ever seen will have some varying amount of actually vegetarian options on their menu, such as cucumber rolls (yawn) or peanut avocado (which is pretty good), and of course that staple miso soup.  But I have honestly never seen a place, even in NYC, that goes all-out on vegan sushi.  I'm sure it exists, just haven't seen it.  I don't think it's particularly fair to expect a plethora of vegan sushi in Tennessee, or to decry it as a cultural wasteland for that reason.

Don't get me started on gluten-free.  I mean, I'm glad it's an option for the people who really need it, but it really seems like most of its popularity is due to pseudoscientific fad diets, as well as the nocebo effect.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #322 on: August 19, 2013, 12:34:15 PM »

Oh I understand now... And where will you study next year?
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #323 on: August 19, 2013, 12:52:17 PM »

Isn't a vegetarian who eats fish just a pescetarian? Either way, I frown upon vegetarianism and outright hate veganism, which is a wholly non-viable diet for anyone with a smidgen of physical accomplishment.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #324 on: August 19, 2013, 01:09:17 PM »

Isn't a vegetarian who eats fish just a pescetarian? Either way, I frown upon vegetarianism and outright hate veganism, which is a wholly non-viable diet for anyone with a smidgen of physical accomplishment.

Protein supplements are a thing that exists.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies