Jay-Z and Beyonce go to Cuba... and Rubio wants answers!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:04:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jay-Z and Beyonce go to Cuba... and Rubio wants answers!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jay-Z and Beyonce go to Cuba... and Rubio wants answers!  (Read 2895 times)
Link
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 10:37:01 AM »

Jay-Z and Beyoncé shouldn't get special exemptions to the law.  That being said, the ban and the embargo against Cuba should be lifted.
^^^^^ This.

Lol.

The majority of Americans don't even have a valid passport.  I love watching the internet explode with right wingers screaming about how they can't go to Cuba.  I've got news for you righties, you can't go to Canada, Mexico, or England either.

As far as the minority of Fox and Friends viewers who actually have a valid passport they have been able to travel to Cuba for years.  Unfortunately going would require them to actually read and fill out the appropriate paperwork.  Obviously not a skill set possessed by many on the right judging by the numerous posts on the internet.

People have been legaly going to Cuba for years.  I wonder why the right is all of a sudden upset with Jay Z and Beyonce... I wonder... What's different about them... hmmm...

Good luck in 2016 folks!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 11:10:13 AM »

Jay-Z and Beyoncé shouldn't get special exemptions to the law.  That being said, the ban and the embargo against Cuba should be lifted.
^^^^^ This.

Lol.

The majority of Americans don't even have a valid passport.  I love watching the internet explode with right wingers screaming about how they can't go to Cuba.  I've got news for you righties, you can't go to Canada, Mexico, or England either.

As far as the minority of Fox and Friends viewers who actually have a valid passport they have been able to travel to Cuba for years.  Unfortunately going would require them to actually read and fill out the appropriate paperwork.  Obviously not a skill set possessed by many on the right judging by the numerous posts on the internet.

People have been legally going to Cuba for years.  I wonder why the right is all of a sudden upset with Jay Z and Beyonce... I wonder... What's different about them... hmmm...

Good luck in 2016 folks!

Wait. . . . .  .what?

(forgive the lazy) People were seriously suggesting that one couldn't go to Cuba?

Also, fixed so you wouldn't be mistaken for those petty right wingers with their numerous posts on the internet.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 11:11:07 AM »

While I do think that Beyonce is super overrated in almost every way possible, I still say she and Jay Z should be ale to go on vacation wherever the hell they want without ridiculous controversy.

I mean, really, she hasn't had a legitimate hit song since Single Ladies and people still call her the queen?? Plus she has the personality of a wet rag.

She's probably too busy starting a family and being a wonderful role model for girls everywhere -- a rarity in today's pop culture.
Yeah, she has. Single Ladies came out in 2008.
Best Thing I Never Had 2011
Telephone 2010
Diva 2009
Halo 2009
Ego 2009
Run The World 2011
Countdown 2011
Love On Top 2011

Some of those songs are all right, but those singles weren't massive enough to warrant the "Queen Bee" moniker in my opinion. Not like Single Ladies at least. That song was released my freshman year of college and it was everywhere!

Anyway, maybe I was too hard on her. I do think she has a lot of talent but I just don't understand why people worship her the way they do. It's like she has somehow transcended pop music and is a living legend in the eyes of a lot of people. The fact is, artists like Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Adele, Black Eyed Peas and even Maroon 5 have outsold Beyonce in the past four years but they don't get the same amount of respect. But maybe I'm looking at more of the business aspect instead of overall image and reputation.

She's a much better dancer and on-stage presence than any of those artists. She's very multi-talented.

The fact that she's married to a titan like Jay-Z and is a class act in the industry obviously helps her image. I don't think anyone seriously compares her vocal chops to singers like Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 11:15:10 AM »

Beyonce's fans are over the top, so the GOP might be picking a fight with a group of people more out in orbit than they are. I'm sure Rubio has already gotten some nasty messages from fans.
Link
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 11:53:29 AM »

Wait. . . . .  .what?

(forgive the lazy) People were seriously suggesting that one couldn't go to Cuba?

Oh, yeah.  I have the misfortune from time to time of reading comments that accompany Yahoo! News articles.  It was a flood of clueless right wingers screaming that Beyonce and Jay-Z got special permission from Obama and everyone else (ie white right wingers) are completely barred from traveling to Cuba.  Obviously since most of them don't have a passport it was the usual crybaby pointless "my rights!" garbage they throw out for no reason.  They have zero interest in traveling outside their trailer park.  And if they did have any interest and an internet connection they would quickly discover there are a myriad of ways to legally travel to Cuba as a US citizen.  But as I said that would actually require some intelligence to look up.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies