8 year old girl forces TE State Senator into a corner.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:50:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  8 year old girl forces TE State Senator into a corner.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 8 year old girl forces TE State Senator into a corner.  (Read 2968 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2013, 04:16:17 AM »

It is either a vast left-wing conspiracy that, whenever "State representative/senator did ____, said ___" appears in the news for something offensive or stupid, they are almost invariably Republican, or that party is just rotten to the core. I tend to think the latter.

Why not just 'the Republican Party has lots of individual crazies'? Reasonable enough.

But why would it have a disproportionate share of the crazies?
There's still a difference between having a disproportionate share of the crazies, and for a reason too (not seriously deniable, really) and being "rotten to the core".
Link
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 07:29:34 AM »

Priceless.

I am not a fan of welfare, but this bill is too much.

I'm not a fan of the bill but children should be left out of politics.  My parents certainly made some strong political statements in front of me from time to time (pretty rarely actually) but they let me grow up and develop my own political views.  They also taught me respect for my elders... even elders that they didn't necessarily agree with 100%.  They would have whipped my rear end if I dared to speak to any adult let alone a state legislator in that fashion.  There are just certain things that should not be done.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2013, 11:51:29 AM »

It is either a vast left-wing conspiracy that, whenever "State representative/senator did ____, said ___" appears in the news for something offensive or stupid, they are almost invariably Republican, or that party is just rotten to the core. I tend to think the latter.

Why not just 'the Republican Party has lots of individual crazies'? Reasonable enough.

You don't see the connection between the Republican Party's platform and the party having many "individual" crazies?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 12:29:27 AM »

Stacey Campfield is a particularly strong variety of crazy. In his eight years in public office, he has (courtesy of Wikipedia):

1. Attempted to join the Tennessee Legislature's black caucus, despite not being black or even representing a primarily black constituency, and then equating the caucus to the Ku Klux Klan when his request was denied.

2. Sponsored a bill to have death certificates issued to fetuses that have been aborted.

3. Sponsored a bill to stop people on public assistance from collecting lottery winnings greater than $600.

4. Sponsored a bill prohibiting public school teachers from discussing homosexuality.

5. Sponsored a bill requiring that teachers inform a child's parents if the child asked a question about homosexuality.

6. Claimed that HIV/AIDS can't be transmitted through vaginal sex and been forcibly ejected from a Knoxville restaurant for said comments.

7. Claimed that anyone citing passages from the personal blog he maintains will be charged $1,000 per word for doing so.

He's also 44 years old and has never married, which, along with his fixation on gay issues, leads me to believe he's probably a self-hating closet case.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 08:46:40 AM »

Stacey Campfield is a particularly strong variety of crazy. In his eight years in public office, he has (courtesy of Wikipedia):

4. Sponsored a bill prohibiting public school teachers from discussing homosexuality.

5. Sponsored a bill requiring that teachers inform a child's parents if the child asked a question about homosexuality.

6. Claimed that HIV/AIDS can't be transmitted through vaginal sex and been forcibly ejected from a Knoxville restaurant for said comments.

He's also 44 years old and has never married, which, along with his fixation on gay issues, leads me to believe he's probably a self-hating closet case.

So far in the closet he can see Narnia. People with same-sex attractions who are raised in a conservative environment and family and fear giving that up if they come out will adhere to causes like this - it's what they think is expected of them. Sad.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2013, 08:55:15 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What a splendid gleaming toy of a phrase. I think I will wrap it up and give it to myself as an early Xmas present. Bushie is not the only one to plan early for Xmas. No sirree!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies