2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 01:05:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 37
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 81024 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2013, 02:51:49 PM »

The week of November 14th - 20th begins now! Smiley

The New York Times

Polling Update

NATIONAL

Hutchison: 20%
Cain: 18%
Huckabee: 17%
Daniels: 14%
Paul: 8%
Huntsman: 7%
Ayotte: 7%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 9%

IOWA

Daniels: 19%
Hutchison: 17%
Cain: 14%
Paul: 10%
Ayotte: 3%
Huntsman: 3%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 17%

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Huntsman: 19%
Ayotte: 17%
Daniels: 15%
Hutchison: 13%
Cain: 10%
Paul: 9%
Huckabee: 7%
Bachmann: 1%

Daniel's Gaining

Little movement was seen this week. Huntsman and Cain both benefited from Bachmann and Pataki's withdrawals. Mitch Daniel's campaign is starting to build momentum, with the Governor leading in Iowa once again, though at this point, it appears that Iowa will really come down to the wire, as will New Hampshire.

Endorsement Watch
Ron Paul: Former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson
Mitch Daniels: Entire Indiana GOP Congressional Delegation, Governor Rick Snyder
Mike Huckabee:
Herman Cain: Bob Vander Plaats
Kay Bailey Hutchison: Susan Collins, Elizabeth Dole, John Rich
John Huntsman:
Kelly Ayotte: Frank Guinta

Debate Grades:
Mike Huckabee: B
Herman Cain: B+
Jon Huntsman: A-
Kelly Ayotte: B-
Mitch Daniels: A
Kay Bailey Hutchison: A-
Ron Paul: A-

Analysis:
Overall, each candidate performed pretty well on this issue, though many voters left the debate feeling there was a lack of specifics discussed. Jon Huntsman gained some traction with his detailed response, despite the lack of zingers some of the other candidates included. While all did well, one candidate stood out, and that was Mitch Daniels. Momentum is starting to form behind his campaign - how long will it last?

Debate Question: What is the candidates position on abortion?

This turn will be open 48 hours. Please PM me for endorsements. It's difficult for me to reward endorsements when I've received so few requests.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2013, 04:12:37 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2013, 09:04:47 PM by Emperor SJoyce »

Buddy Roemer for President: Free To Lead

Campaign Staff:
Campaign Manager: Carlos Sierra
Press Secretary: Carlos Sierra
Chief Adviser: Bill Klotz
Political Director: William Pierce
Social Media Director: Zach Green
Communications Director: Jill Sherman
Digital Director: Morgan Martinez
Volunteer Coordinator: Joshua Chavers
Startup Coordinator: Skardon Baker
New England Director: Jim Knowlton
Advisors: Taunton Melville, Len Sanderson, Larry Lessig, Dennis Stine, Brian Silver, Mark McKinnon
Policy Director: Buddy Roemer
Speechwriter: Buddy Roemer

November 14th:
Tour of the John Deere plant, Des Moines
Meet and greet in Des Moines
Visit the Blank Park Zoo in Des Moines
Meet and greet in Herrold, IA
Townhall in West Des Moines, Iowa

We've got a lot of great people in the Republican field right now. Governor Daniels, Senator Hutchison, other folks, and I know, I know, I'm gonna have to be running against them in this primary, and I know that this might not be the nicest race ever, with so crowded a field. But friends, there's something different about this campaign. That something is how we're running it. I've won elections for both the House of Representatives and Governor of Louisiana - I know how a campaign is typically run. And this campaign is going to throw all that out the window. No PAC money. No Super PACs. No corporations. And no lobbyists. This is a serious campaign, but this isn't going to be funded by the same old sources, the same old special interests. The Roemer campaign is going to be your campaign - the campaign of the 98% who don't donate to Presidential campaigns. The people who aren't the head of a Fortune 500 corporation or a Wall Street bank or a labor union or a big insurance group. Not all of us get military defense contracts or have our own oil corporations.

And that's why we have this gridlock in Washington, that's why we have this corruption, that's why we have this do-nothing Congress that gets re-elected every single year because of that corporate influence. That's not how the Roemer campaign will do business. We're going to disclose every contribution, and we're not taking any contribution over $100, and we're going to fight in this primary to make our elections fair, from Alaska to Florida, from Puerto Rico to California, from New Hampshire to Texas to right here in Iowa, we're going to fight for fairness, fight for the voices of the little guy. And then, if enough little guys join this campaign, fight for fairness, what'll we have? We'll be the big guy. And we'll have a Washington that gets something done.

November 15th:
Meeting with small business owners in Johnston, IA
Lunch with Buddy in Mitchellville, IA
Discussion of education policy with parents, teachers, and students, Polk City, IA
Townhall in Stuart, IA

November 16th:
Meet and greet in Coon Rapids, IA
Meet and greet in Guthrie Center, IA
Lunch in Jamaica, IA
Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA

November 17th:
Meet and greet in Bevington, IA
Speech at City Hall, Earlham, IA
Meet and greet in Cumming, IA
Fundraiser in West Des Moines, IA

November 18th:
Buddy Breakfast, East Peru, IA
Speech at Winterset High School in Winterset, IA
Meet and greet in Macksburg, IA
Town Hall Meeting in St. Charles, IA
Buddy Dinner in Old Peru, IA

November 19th:
Meet and greet in Woodward, IA
Chatting at the Perry Carnegie Library, Perry, IA
Meet and greet, Dexter, IA
Campaign rally, Adel, IA

America is having some problems. Don't think anyone will argue - things could be better. The one way we can make things better - money. Everybody likes money. But some people are using their money in a way that's bad for Americans - they're shipping jobs overseas. They're abusing our tax code. How much did you pay in taxes last year? [Waits for responses] That sure sounds like a lot. Guess how much General Electric, a big corporation making hundreds of billions a year paid? 0 dollars and 0 cents, and that makes 0 cents. We're shipping America's jobs and economic growth overseas through unfair trade and a mess of a tax code, creating a growing mountain of debt, but none of the big candidates is offering a real solution to unfair trade. Why? Because they've used that money to buy Washington, DC. These fat cat special interests are using their checks to write the tax code, write massive laws like Obamacare, and write the regulations that govern themselves. Corporate profits are at an all-time high. Is your economic state at an all-time high? But those guys aren't talking about it, because they need the money to run, and they get that money from that unfair trade and that institutional corruption.

The Roemer campaign is different. I'm not taking their PAC money, their bundled money, their access money. My presidency will be free of special interests, free of Washington corruption, and free to lead. I'm going to not take any money over $100 per person, and nothing from special interests or PACs. And I want you, the 98% who don't give to political candidates, to stand with me, to restore America's promise to our children and grandchildren. With your support, and that of ordinary Americans just like you, I will be free to lead a better America.

October 9th:
Service at the Prairie Center Methodist Church, Yale, IA
Meet and greet in De Soto, IA
Dinner in Van Meter, IA

Debate Response

I am a Christian, and I am pro-life. I have a strong record on abortion from my time in the U.S. House during Reagan's presidency. I co-sponsored the President's Pro-Life Bill of 1987, which prohibited the use of federal funding for abortion, and I co-sponsored the Preborn Children's Civil Rights Act of 1985, which prohibited any federal involvement in abortions - federal funds couldn't be used to encourage, reimburse, research, or insure for abortions, and anybody receiving federal funds can't discriminate against anyone based on their pro-life stances. With the exception of preserving the life of the mother and cases of rape and incest, I am fundamentally pro-life. As President, I will focus on the number one thing I can do to reduce the number of abortions in this country: under a Roemer administration, not one dollar would go towards abortion.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2013, 04:31:32 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2013, 05:18:08 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Jon Huntsman schedule: November 14th-November 20th.
November 14th:
Rally in Davenport, Iowa.
Meet and Greet with Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans in Dubuque, Iowa.
Tour of Eimco East Iowa Machine Company in Farley, Iowa.
Dinner at the Golden Wok in Dyersville, Iowa.

“My campaign is going to be spending this week in Iowa, which picks two things-corn and Presidents!”
November 15th:
Rally in Des Moines, Iowa.
Rally in Manchester, Iowa.
Dinner at the Chuong Garden in Independence, Iowa.

“We've learned some important lessons as this economy has spun out of control. We have learned clearly from Solyndra that subsidies don't work and that we can no longer afford them. I believe that we can move toward renewable energy, but we're going to have to have a bridge product. Everybody wants to draw from the sun and draw from the wind, and I'm here to tell you that eventually that will make sense, but today the economics don't work. We need something like natural gas. It is ours, it's affordable, and we should begin the conversion process.
November 16th:
Rally in Sioux City, Iowa.
Meet and Greet with Republican activists in Sioux City, Iowa.
Meet and Greet with members of the Sioux City Chamber of Commerce.
Dinner at Perkin’s in Sioux City, Iowa.
November 17th:
Rally in Ames, Iowa.
Tour of Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa.
Meet and Greet with Young Republicans at Iowa State University.
November 18th:
Rally in Fort Dodge, Iowa.
Lunch at Lomita’s Mexican Restaurant.
November 19th:
Rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Assisting at the Linn Community Food Bank in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Meet and Greet with Muslim American Republicans at the Iowa Islamic Heritage Mosque in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
November 20th:
Rally in Waterloo, Iowa.
Meet and Greet in Gladbrook, Iowa.
Meet and Greet in Marshalltown, Iowa.
Lunch at Sub City in Marshalltown, Iowa.
Meet and Greet in Boone, Iowa.

Debate response.
“I am a proud supporter of a “Right to Life” amendment to the Constitution. I have signed every piece of pro-life legislation that has come across my desk, and I will continue to do so. Regardless of our policy views, I know full well that Mr. Cain, Congressman Paul, Governor Huckabee, Governor Daniels, Senator Hutchinson and Senator Ayotte have and remain strong advocates for pro-life policies, and if there is one thing that can unite the Grand Old Party, it is our unwavering belief in the sanctity and value of human life.”

Jon Huntsman arriving at a rally in Davenport, Iowa.
“I do not hold much hope of winning this state, but I feel that the voters of Iowa should hear my message ahead of the caucuses before they go to the polls in a few months. I don’t plan on visiting all 50 states for the sake of visiting all 50 states, but my political strategy is not so cold and, well, political, as to ignore some key parts of the country who are hurting right now under the Obama economy.”
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2013, 07:02:52 PM »

Excerpt from Obama Speech in Iowa
"I understand there's a few Republicans running around the state right now, trash-talking me. Well you know what. I've got a challenge for 'em. Let's debate. Me and Joe versus the Republican field. Why wait until October. The American People deserve a forum of discussion between the two sides. Besides, I've always wanted to meet Congressman Paul."- Pres. Obama
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2013, 07:22:46 PM »

Huntsman response to Obama debate proposal.
"Mr. President-game on."
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2013, 07:36:17 PM »

Governor Roemer to President Obama

I'm always up for a debate.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2013, 08:36:31 PM »

Rep. Paul's response to Pres. Obama:
I would be more than willing to debate the president, and I look forward to meeting him.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2013, 08:45:36 PM »

Statement From Kelly
Bring it on Joe and Barack, bring it on.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2013, 08:55:09 PM »

Mitch Daniels's Schedule: From November 14 to November 20, 2011:

Back into the Game:

November 14:
Rest, then Appearance on the O'Reilly Factor.

November 15:
Rally with Dick Lugar and the Indiana GOP Congressional Delegation in Indianapolis, IN.
Barnstorm and Rally (with Governor Rick Snyder) in Detroit, MI.
Strategy meeting and celebration (for the recent good polling) with endorsers and campaign staff in Indianapolis, IN.

November 16: (With Gov. Brian Sandoval)
Barnstorm with Rally in Jacksonville, FL.
Barnstorm in Miami, FL.
Banstorm with Rally in Orlando, FL.

November 17:
Barnstorm and Town Hall in Greenville, SC.
Barnstorm and Town Hall in Summerville, SC.
Rally in Charleston, SC.

November 18:
Bus Tour in Sioux City, IA.
Bus Tour in Iowa City, IA.
Bus Tour with Rally in Davenport, IA.

November 19:
Town Halls in Bettendorf, Marion and Cedar Falls, IA.
Barnstorm with Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA.

November 20:
Barnstorm in Des Moines, IA.
Fundraiser and official Press Conference in Des Moines, IA.
Rally with Rick Snyder and Tim Pawlenty in Des Moines, IA.

Announcements, Messages and Other Things:

1.- Debate Response:

"I know that some in the audience have heard my previous comments on a "truce" on certain social issues. Let me be candid with you: I don't want to be seen as a flip-flopper since I have been pro-life during my whole life. However, abortion is an extremely divisive policy, and we're going to just have to agree to get along for a little while, unless we want an all out verbal war.

Now, I'll take the time (if my fellow candidates allow it) to explain some facts about my stance: I have a personally deep faith, I was endorsed by Indiana Right to Life in 2008, and as a Governor I pushed for several pro-life bills, such as a bill allowing women to see an ultrasound of their unborn child prior to the abortion, a bill to ban human cloning, and measures to advance life-affirming stem cell research without killing human embryos. You, the voter, can be sure that as a President, I will fight for the right to live, and so will the entire GOP field, as Gov. Huntsman said."

2.- November 20th, Press Conference in Des Moines, Iowa

Reporter N°1: How would you describe the current state of your campaign, Governor?
Daniels: Great, just great. We are picking more and more endorsements, our campaign offices in Iowa, New Hampshire and the early states are operating quite well and the debate performances have been quite decent despite my lack of charisma... (Laughs)
Reporter N°2: What is your opinion on Gov. Roemer's late entrance to the race?
Daniels: What else can I say? I sincerely welcome him into the race, Gov. Roemer is a very solid and honest candidate, and his decision of financing his campaign using only personal donations is quite admirable.
Reporter N°3: One more question, Governor. What is your response to President Obama's debate challenge?
Daniels: I'd be glad to have a debate with him and the entire GOP field. It will be a magnificent occasion to set our records straight.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2013, 09:06:54 PM »

In the News:

Rick Snyder endorses Daniels:

"He has a great combination of private sector experience, of knowing what it takes to create a job, and how difficult that is, how to succeed in the private sector. He also brings that experience of being the chief executive of a state, of understanding what it is to be in the public sector, and to be successful in running a state. That's the experience we need in Washington.

Statement from the Indiana GOP Congressional Delegation:

"During his terms as Governor of Indiana, Mitch Daniels has proved that he has the ability to lead and the compromise to the values and beliefs of our party. Now, looking at his extensive record, we have all agreed to endorse him for President. It has been a privilege to have him in Indiana, and we hope that he will win the primaries and take the White House." (Signed by Senator Richard Lugar, Senator Dan Coats and Representatives Marlin Stutzman, Todd Rokita, Dan Burton, Mike Pence, Larry Bucshon and Todd Young.)

Mitch Daniels Ad#3: (Played in Iowa, New Hampshire, Florida and Nevada)

(Images of the state of Indiana and Mitch Daniels)

Voiceover: Under Mitch Daniels and his businessman's conservatism, the state of Indiana has transformed in a significant way. He pushed through the nation's most sweeping school voucher law, privatized welfare, placed Indiana on sound financial footing even as other states foundered during the recession, and tried to reform the state's welfare system using a sound approach.

(Images of Washington D.C)

Voiceover: He is ready to bring his experience to Washington, and he needs your support.

Daniels: I'm Mitch Daniels, and I approve this message.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2013, 09:09:23 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2013, 09:15:43 PM by Lieutenant Governor Clinton1996 »

OOC: These are purely in jest, and not meant to be actual statements.
"Yo Kelly, I'm coming for you. And where's Herman at?"- Joe Biden

"Folks, I heard the GOP have agreed to debate. And to make matters worse, they think they'll win."- Biden

"I'll make a brief statement, and then I'll take your- I'm sorry, I think I've got something in my eye. I think it's Herman Cain's balls courage to debate."- Obama at Press Conference
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2013, 09:27:58 PM »

The Cain Campaign wishes to inform Barack Obama that he will receive a wallop at the debate, where Cain will appear.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2013, 09:33:48 PM »

Statement from the Hutchinson Campaign:

"We need a President that works to unite us, not divide. The Obama campaign's rhetoric in the last few days has not only been beneath the office of the Presidency, but its also unnecessary. American voters need to know the issues and the President's attempt to muddle to facts over the last few days with cocky jokes and attempts at humor are part of the problem in today's political system. He needs to know how to work with the other side, not attack it."
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2013, 09:36:13 PM »

OOC: These are purely in jest, and not meant to be actual statements.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2013, 11:17:12 PM »

Kay Bailey Hutchinson Schedule November 14th- November 20th, 2011

Hutchinson to Iowa Republicans

"Thanks to y'all is our message being heard. People like Elizabeth Dole, Susan Collins, John Rich, Tom Latham, Lindsey Graham and many others are hearing you're voice. We deserve better in our presidency and each one of you is a testament to that. That's why I'm so grateful and I know on Caucus Night we will all be having a wonderful time here together. Together we'll win. Together we'll take back America and put forward a better, safer, and brighter future for everyone. But that begins with you guys! Iowa, I can hear you, the GOP can hear you, and America can hear you! Thank you again!"

Monday November 14th, 2011- NEW HAMPSHIRE
Rally in Concord with Susan Collins and Elizabeth Dole
Speech to Republican Women in Concord
Fundraiser in Manchester open to the public

Speech to Women in New Hampshire

"Ladies, here we go! Its been around 100 years since we earned the vote and since then we've breached many milestones once thought to be improbably. We've had aviation pioneers such as Amelia Earhart, politicians with views as wide ranging from Sarah Palin to Hillary Clinton, and we now have a Presidential candidate. Today we begin our path to the White House. No longer are we to be second best, no today we go forward. Together we'll break the glass ceiling and give the Oval Office a women's touch, something I think we all believe it needs (laughter)."

Tuesday November 15th, 2011- NEW HAMPSHIRE

Rally in Manchester with unemployed workers
Speech on Taxes with Susan Collins
Fundraiser, music provided by John Rich
Appearance on "The Rachael Maddow Show" with Susan Collins'

Wednesday November 16th, 2011- MAINE

Appearance on the TODAY SHOW
Rally in Augusta with Susan Collins
Speech in Portland about the importance of working with Democrats
Dance and Dine with Susan Collins

Thursday November 17th, 2011- SOUTH CAROLINA

Speech in Myrtle Beach with Elizabeth Dole
Rally in Charleston with Elizabeth Dole and Lindsey Graham
Fundraiser with John Rich and Elizabeth Dole
Appearance on the John Stewart Show

Friday November 18th, 2011- IOWA

Speech in Des Moines on Economy
Dance fundraiser with John Rich and Tom Latham
Meet and Greet in Des Moines with public
Appearance on NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams

Hutchinson in Des Moines
     "Under a Hutchinson Administration America would get moving again. Unemployment is one of my top concerns, among the youth especially, and I will work with Congress to address this issue. We need to limit our spending and get our budget balanced in order to ensure success. Without this we will grow slowly and many people will lose the lives that they've grown accustomed to as their homes are foreclosed and they run out of money. That's not okay in America. We need to work together and solve all these issues in order to save our future and our nation. "

Saturday November 19th, 2011- IOWA

Speech in Des Moines on agricultural policy
Rally in Iowa City
Meet and Greet with Iowans in Iowa City
Townhall in Iowa City

Sunday November 20th, 2011-

Rest

Debate Response:

"Abortion is one of the terrible issues facing our nation today. Too many children have not been given a chance to live and too many people have exploited the practice. I am highly opposed to late term abortion and believe that state's should be allowed to restrict this part of the practice. I am pro-life. The killing of too many unborn has occured in this nation for me to stand idly by as embryos are killed through stem cell research and babies are killed through abortion. While I believe there may be some exceptions, we should work to promote alternatives such as adoption in order to give every American, born and unborn, a fighting chance in the world. "

Elizabeth Dole:

"There's one woman in the Senate who I view as one of the most competent, caring, and hard working individuals, Kay Bailey Hutchinson. She is an amazing person and would be an even better President. She has both the skill-set and the energy one needs as well as the passion for our nation and everyone among us, whether they bee poor or rich, liberal or conservative."

Susan Collins:
    "I have had the tremendous honor to serve with Kay in the Senate and boy was I impressed. She not only knows when to reach across the aisle but she also knows when to stand firm to her convictions, she'd be a terrific President. I have seen Kay in action and with her as our leader, our nation would thrive. Not only does she have competence when it comes to foreign policy, but she also grasps the economy and has worked in the Senate for those who at times fell like they have no voice and are disenchanted with the talking points constantly used by the two parties but especially by the President. Vote for Kay and you're voting for a better and brighter future for America."

John Rich Sad
     "Boy, of all the candidates in this race I must say Kay is the best by far. She not only represents the best the Party has to offer but the best America has to offer. She's a real Southern Belle and it will be my honor to not only endorse her but to also preform with her at several fundraisers. I will work my hardest to make sure that Kay is our next President. Not only will we shatter the glass ceiling but we'll but America in a better place now, and in the future."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2013, 10:57:54 AM »

Huckabee Schedule Nov. 14-20:

Huckabee goes after Daniels and Hutchinson in IA
"In the word of Barry Goldwater our party and candidate needs to offer a choice, not an echo. We cannot be Milquetoast. We need a candidate who can effectively and articulate the conservative message, which is why it would be a mistake for the party to nominate Senator Hutchinson or Governor Daniels. In short their candidacies would be an echo against Barack Obama, where I offer a clear choice. This is a time for our party to be bold, not timid."

Nov. 14-Nov. 17th: Iowa
-Town Hall in Clinton, IA
-Town Hall in Des Moines, IA
-Rally in Ames, IA with Chuck Norris
-Rally in Sioux City, IA
-Rally in Iowa City, IA
-Town Hall in Davenport, IA
-HQ Visit and Phone bank in Ames, IA
-Appearance on Hannity from Sioux City, IA

Nov. 19th: South Carolina
-Rally in Columbia, SC
-Rally in Greenville, SC with Chuck Norris
-Rally in Charleston, SC

Nov. 20th: Florida/Iowa
-Rally in Jacksonville with Gov. Scott
-Rally in Miami, FL with Chuck Norris and Gov. Scott
-Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Rally in Waterloo, IA

Debate Response:

I believe all life is sacred, that only in extreme cases such as when the mother's life is at risk should it be an option. Frankly, it'll be a good day where Roe v. Wade is overturned. The matter of abortion should be left for the individual states to decide.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2013, 04:12:01 PM »

Ayotte Schedule Nov. 14-20:

Nov. 14-Nov. 20th: New Hampshire
-Town Hall in Acworth
-Town Hall in Atkinson and Gilmanton Academy Grant
-Rally in Lyndeboro
-Rally in Troy
-Rally in Tamworth
-Town Hall in Wentworths Location
-Appearance on Bill O'Reily from Woodstock
-Rally in Rye
-Rally in Sargents Purchase
-Rally in Gilford
-Rally in Hancock
-Rally in Harts Location
-Rally in Hill
-Rally in Thompson and Meserve Purchase

Debate Response:

I personally believe that it is wrong, but I do support the use of it in limited cases; rape, incest, and emergency.  I oppose both federal abortion funding & judicial activism on this issue.   It should though be left up to the states.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2013, 08:53:03 PM »

Ron Paul Campaign Schedule:
Nov 14:
Breakfast Meet and Greet in Davenport, IA
Town Hall in Ames, IA
Appear on Hannity

Nov 15:
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
Speech at Kaplan University

Nov 16:
Speech in Iowa City
Rally at University of Iowa

Nov 17:
Rally in Clinton, IA
Speech at Ashford University

Nov 18:
Rally in Manchester, NH
Rally at University of NH

Nov 19:
Rally in Concord, NH
Rally at Granite State College, NH

Nov 20:
Rally in Columbia, SC
Speech at University of South Carolina

Debate Response:
In my experience as a doctor, it is of my opinion that life begins at conception and that all life is sacred. The problem is the federal government has gotten too involved in medicine and the Supreme Court over stepped it's bounds with Roe Vs Wade. Abortion laws should be left up to the states, just like all other violent crimes.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2013, 10:18:13 PM »

Huckabee on Hannity

Hannity: Are you concerned by Senator Hutchinson's rise in the polls?

Huckabee: No Sean. This has been a volatile race. It's been shifting back-and-forth between one candidate to another. Look I think once we get to Iowa and we see three or four candidates finish out this race will become much more stable and the nominee will become more apparent. And Sean I fully expect to be the in the top three coming out of Iowa and from there to be on my way to the nomination.

Hannity: How do you defeat President Obama, what the strategy?

Huckabee: Sean, it's the record. We hit him with unemployment above 8 percent for three years. Obamacare and the monstrosity that it is. Our decline around the world, the leading from behind mentality. President Obama is vulnerable and can be defeated, excuse me will be defeated.

Huckabee Speech in Ames, IA
"We cannot have a strong economy when society is falling apart. Two-thirds of women today who are impoverished, their children would not be in poverty if they were married to the fathers. There's a $3 billion Dad deficit, which is the direct cost that results from absentee fathers and single parents. I know some people who are fiscal conservatives who aren't necessarily social conservatives, and they may even be philosophically—they just don't think it's all that urgent. But the truth is the social conservative movement is also the foundation of the fiscal conservative movement. I'm tired of having social conservatives dismissed as irrelevant and out of touch with the real problems of joblessness and economic concerns. Social conservatism is more than social issues, it is the basis of our economics and societal system. To have a powerful economy we must have a strong society that is pure and decent, with families as a strong bedrock, with faith in God and in ourselves and neighbors. We strive for a government of limited means, one that is respectful of the state, respectful of the families and respectful of the basic principles that made this country that torch that lit the world. And America must continue to light the world, for if our torch goes out so to will the freedom of all men..."

Leaked Huckabee Campaign: Battleground Map
Huckabee: 248
Obama: 226
Tossup: 63

Leaked Internal Huckabee Campaign Poll: Iowa
Huckabee: 25%
Hutchinson: 19%
Daniels: 17%
Cain: 12%
Ayotte: 3%
Huntsman: 1%
Other/Undecided: 10%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2013, 09:40:47 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2013, 09:56:04 PM by Jayhawker »

The week of November 21st - 27th begins now! Smiley

The New York Times

Polling Update

NATIONAL

Daniels: 23%
Hutchison: 19%
Huckabee: 16%
Cain: 16%
Huntsman: 8%
Paul: 7%
Ayotte: 6%
Roemer: 1%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 4%

IOWA

Huckabee: 19%
Daniels: 17%
Hutchison: 15%
Cain: 12%
Huntsman: 6%
Ayotte: 2%
Roemer: 2%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 17%

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Ayotte: 18%
Huntsman: 16%
Daniels: 16%
Hutchison: 13%
Cain: 9%
Paul: 9%
Huckabee: 7%

SOUTH CAROLINA

Hutchison: 30%
Huckabee: 16%
Daniels: 13%
Cain: 10%
Paul: 6%
Ayotte: 5%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 11%

Daniel's Continues to Surge; South Carolina Finished?

Momentum continues to build behind the Mitch Daniels campaign, and more and more are beginning to see him as the establishment candidate in the race, along with Hutchison. Mike Huckabee, despite slipping nationally, has once again claimed the lead in Iowa, while Ayotte leads in her home state, though not by the margin one would expect from a favorite son (or daughter, in this case) candidate.

Former Louisiana Governor Buddy Roemer began his campaign this week, though low name recognition has him in the basement at polling. However, he performed well in his first debate, and some are already saying that he could be a Tea Party rising start. Meanwhile, in South Carolina, Senator Hutchison has posted a commanding lead.

Finally, reports are leaking that Herman Cain had an affair years ago. Is there any truth, or are these just rumors?

Endorsement Watch
Ron Paul: Chuck Baldwin
Mitch Daniels: Governor Scott Walker, Governor Rick Snyder
Mike Huckabee: Senator John Boozman, Former Senator Jim Talent
Herman Cain: None
Kay Bailey Hutchison: Olympia Snowe, John Cornyn, Mark Kirk
John Huntsman: National Right to Life (KEY ENDORSEMENT)
Kelly Ayotte: None

Debate Grades:
Mike Huckabee: C+
Herman Cain: N/A
Jon Huntsman: A
Kelly Ayotte: C
Mitch Daniels: B
Kay Bailey Hutchison: A-
Ron Paul: B
Buddy Roemer: B+

DEBATE QUESTION: Why do you believe your past experiences make you the most qualified to lead this country?

This turn will be open 48 hours. Please PM me for endorsements. It's difficult for me to reward endorsements when I've received so few requests.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2013, 09:49:27 PM »

Herman Cain drops out of the Presidential Race!

"This campaign has treated me well. We have served Pizza all across this nation, we have brought forth our message of 9.9.9. to every part of this country. However, I never wanted to President. I wanted to be an executive. I wanted to teach all of the people across this nation about leadership, about loyalty, about character, about Pokemon, and I believe I have done so in a reasonable fashion. Therefore, I will leave the race and start my own company, where I will be serving Pizza, because that is what I want to do. I want to lead ordinary people, not lead Special Interests and Lobbyists and create tax loopholes for lawyers to exploit.

Only one candidate agrees with me that real leadership is necessary for America to get on its feet and Washington to get on a diet, and that candidate is Mitch Daniels. Therefore, I will endorse Mitch Daniels for President of the United States! He has the character to win, and I believe he will sweep the states with his message of fiscal responsibility. He is the only candidate that has what it takes. I am Herman Cain, it was a great campaign, but its time for to make do!"
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2013, 09:53:42 PM »

Herman Cain, a man with strong Pizza credentials.

I would take control over Cain campaign if it wasn't my Nader 08 Campaign...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #147 on: May 23, 2013, 10:02:15 PM »

FLASH POLL

Could the affair rumors be true? Maybe so, as Herman Cain has announced his withdrawal from the Presidential race, endorsing Mitch Daniels. He had created quite a following, and with this new momentum, combined with what he had before, Governor Daniels has created a large lead.

National Polling:
Daniels: 36%
Hutchison: 19%
Paul: 8%
Ayotte: 6%
Roemer: 2%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 4%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #148 on: May 23, 2013, 10:10:42 PM »

In the News: Mitch Daniels's speech on Cain's announcement:

"It's always sad to see a fellow Republican bid a farewell to the race, especially since Mr. Cain has been a very effective and charismatic candidate. While this definitely comes as a big surprise for me, I must give my most sincere thanks to Mr. Cain for his endorsement and for the time he has spent on the campaign trail, debating the issues that we must have clear in our minds if we want to take our Party to the victory in November.

I'm quite sure this won't be the last time Mr. Cain will be here to spread his message, and I couldn't agree more with him: This is a race in which leadership, values and ideas are the key, not only to win, but to give a deeper meaning to that victory. Gov. Huckabee said last week that we needed a choice, and that candidates such as Sen. Hutchinson an I represented an echo, not a choice. Being completely honest with you, I think I can offer that choice, and even more important: I want to represent your choice! Thank you very much."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #149 on: May 23, 2013, 10:11:08 PM »

Huckabee Campaign Schedule: 21st-27th

Boozman Backs Huckabee
"I saw what Governor Huckabee did as Governor of our state. He was an excellent chief executive, committed to the conservative principles on which our party is founded, and seeing the results of our state it is clear to me that Mike Huckabee is needed in the White House. He has the skill and the talent to rebuke the Obama policies to get this country back on a right path. I strongly endorse Governor Mike Huckabee for President. He must be the nominee and the next President of the United States."

Frm. Sen. Talent endorses Huckabee in Iowa
"Mike Huckabee is the candidate conservatives should back in this race. His credentials standout from all the people in this race. I support him and throw my support behind him."

Nov. 21: Iowa
-Rally in Ames, IA with Senator Boozman, Sen. Talent and Gov. Scott.
-Rally in Clinton IA with Chuck Norris
-Rally in Des Moines, IA with Chuck Norris
-Phone Bank in Des Moines, IA
-Appearance on Hannity from Des Moines, IA

Nov. 22: Iowa
-Rally in Cedar Falls, IA
-Rally in Fort Dodge, IA
-Rally in North Liberty, IA with Chuck Norris
-Appearance on World News Tonight from North Liberty, IA

Nov. 23: New York
-Fundraiser in New York City
-Appearance on On The Record

Nov. 24: New Hampshire
-Town Hall in Hart's Location, NH
-Town Hall in Rochester, NH
-Rally in Manchester, NH with Chuck Norris

Nov. 25: Florida
-Rally in Jacksonville, FL with Gov. Scott
-Town Hall in Miami, FL with Gov. Scott
-Fundraiser in Orlando, FL

Nov. 26: South Carolina
-Rally in Columbia, SC with Sen. Talent and Sen. Boozman
-Rally in Charleston, Sc with Sen. Talent and Sen. Boozman

Nov. 27: Iowa
-Town Hall in Fort Dodge, IA
-Town Hall in Clinton, IA
-Town Hall in Waterloo, IA
-Town Hall in Burlington, IA
-Rally in Sioux City, IA with Chuck Norris

AD: Three Words

VO: Fixing the IRS? Simple solution: Three Words: The Fair Tax.
Huckabee: Let's end the bureaucratic nightmare that is the Internal Revenue Service. Let's make paying our taxes so simple that even Tim Geithner can do it.

VO: Read the Plan at MikeHuckabee.com

"I'm Mike Huckabee and I approve this message."

States Airing:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies