2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:12:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 81044 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 23, 2013, 10:59:50 PM »

Mitch Daniels's Schedule: From November 21 to November 27, 2011:

The Frontrunner:

November 21:
Barnstorm and Rally (with Scott Walker) in Milwaukee, WI.
Strategy meetings following Cain's withdrawal and endorsement.
Celebration at Campaing Headquarters in Indianapolis, IN.

November 22: (with Condi Rice)
Barnstorm and Rally in Concord, NH.
Barnstorm and Rally in Manchester, NH.

November 23: (With John Sununu - Both of them)
Bus Tour in Golfstown, Laconia, Milford and Hampton, NH.

November 24:
Barnstorm and Rally in Charleston, SC.
Barnstorm, Fundraiser and Rally in Columbia, SC.

November 25:
Town Halls in Clinton, Burlington and Muscatine, IA.
Barnstorm and Rally in Davenport, IA.

November 26:
Bus Tour in Waterloo and Ames, IA.
Barnstorm in Cedar Rapids, IA.

November 27:
Barnstorm, Fundraiser and Rally in Des Moines, IA with Tim Pawlenty.
Announcement of a National Tour for November 28-December 4.

Announcements, Messages and Other Things:

1.- Debate Response:

"I suppose you might say that the record is the main part of the question, but whether you held elected office or not, I think we all had definining experiences in our lives that shaped our way of thinking. I have learned a lot while being Governor and in the private sector, but most of the lessons that life has taught me came from my family, from my time in college and from my early work with Senator Lugar.

From my family I learned the importance of being responsable and commited. College forced me to look at different views, and I learned the importance of compromising. When I started to get involved in politics with Senator Lugar (then Mayor),  I would say that that’s really where my views began to firm up. I valued the direct experience with people who practice limited government but with an active and moderate sentiment. Life definetly hasn't taught me all the things a man should now, but I learned from my mistakes, and I think I'm qualified because of that. It's not about being sucessful in everything you do (that's impossible), but learning something from each experience."

2.- Scott Walker endorses Daniels:

"I think he has laid out a clear platfom, and he makes a compelling case to the people that he's willing to take risks and get America back on track for our kids and for our grandkids. I think he as what it takes to win, and that's why I endorse Mitch Daniels for President."

3.- Speech in South Carolina:

"Well, a few days ago polls gave this state for granted. But here I stand, here we stand, willing to give up a fight for all states, no matter how hard it might be. Our campaign is on the rise, and I'm confident that we can carry South Carolina in two more months!"

4.- Press Conference in Iowa:

Reporter N°1: Seeing the momentum behind your campaign, Governor, do you think that you should focus on a single state?
Daniels: Not really. I want to have the support of all Republicans in this race, and that's why next week I will be absent from the early states so I can visit diferent states, states that have been ignored for the simple reason that they vote on a later date.
Reporter N°2: Do you plan on campaigning with your surrogates, Governor?
Daniels: Of course. Having so many talented people helping our campaign will surely be an asset. I won't travel with all of them, but I plan on being with them in several states.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2013, 12:04:53 AM »

Kay Bailey Hutchinson Campaign Schedule: November 21st- November 27th, 2011

Hutchinson is Des Moines
     "Ladies and Gentlemen, in the past, throughout the history of this party we've seen many things, be it close primaries, tough general elections, and most commonly negativity. This negativity seems to be present, or is at least trying to be present, in this Primary. We don't need this. Personal attacks are just too, well, personal. This is why I am asking that for the rest of this campaign candidates refrain from attacking one another whenever it is possible. Not only does it create an atmosphere of negativity, something which serves only to divide our party and our nation, but it distracts us from the real issues. For the rest of my primary campaign I will refrain from attacking any of my fellow Republicans, we're all here for the same goal which is to make Barack Obama a one term president and attacking one another ain't the way to do it. For this very same reason all and any attack ads against my primary opponents are to be pulled. This has been one thing many voters in the early states have expressed disappointment about, the negativity. Its time to put on a smile America, our future lies better and by stopping this bad campaigning against one another we can open the door to a landslide victory."

Monday November 21st, 2011- IOWA

Speech in Des Moines with Tom Latham, John Rich, and Mary Fallin
Rally in Des Moines focusing on campaign negativity
Speech in Iowa City on Abortion
Appearance on Hannity

Hutchinson on Hannity

Sean Hannity (SH): And now we have Senator Hutchinson here to discuss the campaign, Senator, what do you think is most promising about the campaign thus far?

Kay Bailey Hutchinson (KBH)Sad Well Seann, there's many thing to be happy about in this race. Primarily, its the concencus of the American people I've met that its time for a REAL change in Washington. Whether it was the small town Waitress in Iowa or the Ranchers in Texas, I've heard one thing, the president must go. Americans are seeing that there is a brighter future if we start on a fresh, clean slate with the potential for so much more American greatness. The American Era is not at an end and we need a White House that recognizes this. If we open our eyes we can do great things in this country.

SH: And what of your opponents? Do you have any thoughts on them, or more specifically Herman Cain's endorsement of Mitch Daniels?

KBH: Well Sean, I think we have a wonderful field this time around and our Primary and Caucus goers are going to have to make some hard choices. I like my opponents, and have pledged to keep the campaign positive. I hope they do so as well but ultimately the choice lies with them. As for Herman Cain, he's free to endorse whomever he wants, and if he chose Mitch Daniels that's fine by me. But as I have been stressing in this campaign, the choice ultimately comes down to the common man and his views on whom would best represent this party in this Election. While I believe that I am certainly qualified it isn't my choice, no its the voter's choice and that my friend is whats so great about Democracy we directly get to choose our leaders.

SH: Thanks for appearing Senator.

KBH: Anytime Sean.

Tuesday November 22nd, 2011- IOWA and MINNESOTA
Rally in Waterloo with Mark Kirk
Speech to Small Business owners in Rochester
Rally in Rochester with Mark Kirk and George H. W. Bush
Fundraiser in Waterloo
Speech to Small Business Owners in Rochester

"America was built by small businesses. Whether it was the mom and pop stores in the cities or the old general stores on the Plains, people depended on these family owned small businesses for their everyday needs, be they food, drink, or supplies in general. Throughout the 1800s and deep into the 1900s were businesses like all of yours necessary to our nation. Today some people don't believe this. They throw away the common man and intend to leave him to his own devices, ignoring the very principles of small businesses this nation was built on. Regardless I know I will stand by y'all if I'm elected President and I know there will be many other Republicans right beside me, eager to see everyone here thriving because y'all are the true drivers of our economy and if we want to get out of this mess we need to quit making life so hard for all of you! I am a pro-small business candidate and I will support you!"

Wednesday November 23rd, 2011- NEW HAMPSHIRE
Rally in Concord with Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins, and Mark Kirk
Speech in Concord on poverty
Rally in Rochester with George H. W. Bush
Fundraiser with John Rich

Thursday November 24th, 2011- IOWA

Speech in Sioux City
Rally in Sioux City with Young Republicans
Appearance on "The Situation Room"
Fundraiser in Sioux City

Friday November 25th, 2011- NEVADA
Rally in Reno with small business owners
Speech in Reno on the importance of the Silver State
Rally with Young Republicans in Reno

Saturday November 26th, 2011- FLORIDA
Rally in Miami Jeb Bush
Rally in Miami with Hispanic Republicans
Speech in Orlando on the greatness of America
Meet and Greet in Orlando

Sunday November 27th, 2011-

Appearance on Fox News Sunday

Debate Response
     "Throughout my career I've had the prestigious opportunity of representing the great people of Texas. I've gained many things from my years of public service with one being an understanding of the need for budgeting and money balance, which I faced while Treasurer of Texas. Later I was given the wonderful opportunity by my constituents to represent them in Washington. While on Capitol Hill I've learned a lot and truly can now attest to the importance of legislative experience in a Presidency. While on the Hill I've gained an understanding of Congress which I'll use to get both sides talking and common sense solutions put forward. Frankly I think my record speaks for itself, but the choice lies in your hands America."

Olympia Snowe:
     "As we've seen partisanship rise to excessively high levels over the past few months there's been one person in Congress whose really excited me. She's not only stuck to her principles, but has also known when to work across the aisle, two things which are needed in Washington desperately. Although they are not often lumped together Hutchinson has managed to do so that will leave everyone happy and sometimes even the most heated of disagreements can be solved just by asking Kay. She has the wisdom and the necessary experience we need in a president and that's why I am endorsing her and cannot wait to help her win these primaries. "

Mark Kirk:

" I've had the true honor to serve in the Senate with Kay Hutchinson and for that I feel blessed. Kay has compassion and is a caring and devoted person, someone we should all strive to be like. While she doesn't like to be flattered in this way its true. She is the most devoted Senator and often works long nights and early mornings on top of her already busy schedule in order to give her constituents the best representation possible. This is something I think we need in the White House. Not only because of the way she would care for every American but also because she could get Congress and the Executive Branch back on the same page, something which we desperately need."

John Cornyn:

"In the Texas Senate Delegation there's only two of us, me and Kay. I've had the distinct honor of getting to know Kay over the last few years and can truly say with 100% certainty that she'd be the best President out of all the candidates in the race. I was talking to a citizens once, who held the view that every most qualified individual for the presidency has declined the job but I disagree. We have Kay, one of the most qualified and potentially best could-be Presidents and she actually wants to run! She'd be, as I said, one of the best and America, you should really consider voting for her, she's a charmer."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2013, 12:19:22 AM »
« Edited: May 24, 2013, 12:21:32 AM by ChairmanSanchez »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

(I will get my schedule up tommorow).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2013, 03:29:06 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2013, 02:09:37 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Huntsman Campaign Schedule, November 21st-November 27th.
Monday, November 21st:
10:00 AM: Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire.
12:00 PM: Lunch at the Vietnam Noodle House in Nashua, New Hampshire.
3:00 PM-6:00 PM: Going door-to-door on Concord Street, in Nashua, New Hampshire.
8:00 PM: Meet and Greet with Young Republicans in Nashua, New Hampshire.

Tuesday, November 22nd:
8:00 AM: Tour of the historic Hale House in Keene, New Hampshire.
10:00 AM-1:00 PM: Spending afternoon visiting shops and small businesses in downtown Keene, NH.
2:00 PM: Lunch at Tokyo Express in Keene, New Hampshire.
7:00 PM: Meet and Greet in Westmoreland, New Hampshire.

Wednesday, November 23rd:
10:00 AM: Rally at the Gettysburg Memorial in Manchester, New Hampshire.
12:00 PM: Lunch at Hagan’s Grill in Hampton, New Hampshire.
4:00 PM: Meet and Greet at Aedline Marston Middle School in Hampton, New Hampshire.
9:45 PM: Flight to Florida.

Thursday, November 24th:
9:00 AM-12:00 PM: Touring the Baptist Medical Center in Jacksonville, Florida.
12:00 PM-2:00 PM: Meet and Greet at Jacksonville Landing, in Jacksonville, Florida.
4:00 PM: Rally in Atlantic Beach, Florida.
9:00 PM: Fundraiser in Saint Augustine, Florida.

Friday, November 25th:
12:00 PM: Rally in Palm Coast, Florida.
3:00 PM: Rally in Ormond Beach, Florida.
6:00 PM: Meet and Greet with the Daytona Beach Republican Club.

Saturday, November 26th:
12:00 PM: Barbeque with volunteers at the state campaign headquarters in Orlando.
4:00 PM-7:00 PM: Tour of Florida Southern College.
10:00 PM: Flight to Arizona.

Sunday, November 27th:
8:00 AM: Breakfast at the Silver Saddle Steakhouse in Tucson, Arizona.
10:00 AM-12:00 PM: Meet and Greet with Hispanic Republics in Tucson, Arizona.
3:00 PM: Private late lunch with Sheriff Joe Arpaio (seeking endorsement) in Phoenix, Arizona.
6:00 PM: Rally in Phoenix, Arizona.

Debate Response
"I have been a Governor, a diplomat, and a businessman. But most importantly, I am a husband, and a dad. I am running for President because I love this country. We are a nation that is hurting, that is scared, and that is bankrupt. We have a growing cancer called debt, and we must deal realistically with it. We are about to pass down the greatest nation that ever was to the next generation that is less good, less productive, and less competitive then the country we got. President Obama won in 2008 on hope. I am going to win in 2012 on solutions."

Huntsman rally in Nashua, New Hampshire.
“We stand at the door of history. Do we close it behind us, and let the next generation of American’s deal with the mess created, or do we stand up and clean up our generations mess? President Obama and most of my fellow Republican candidates will close the door behind them. I won’t even enter the door until the many problems facing America are solved.”
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2013, 04:43:34 PM »

Ayotte Campaign Schedule, November 21st-November 29h.
Monday, November 21st:
-Rally in Des Moines Iowa
-Met and Greet in Des Moines Iowa

Tuesday, November 22nd:
-Rally in Waterloo Iowa
-Rally in Davenport Iowa

Wednesday, November 23rd:
-Fly to New Hampshire
-Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Rally in Keene, New Hampshire

Tuesday, November 24th:
-Rally in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
-Rally in Rochester, New Hampshire
-Rally in Somersworth, New Hampshire
-Flight to Nevada

Wednesday, November 25th:
-Rally in Las Vegas Nevada
-Rally in Las Vegas Nevada
-Meet in Greet in Las Vegas Nevada

Thursday, November 26th:
-Rally in Carson City Nevada
-Rally in Reno Nevada
-Flight to Maine

Friday, November 27th:
-Rally in Auburn, Maine
-Rally in Augusta, Maine
-Rally in Bangor, Maine

Saturday, November 28th:
-Rally in Bath, Maine
-Belfast, Maine
-Travel Home to Rest

Sunday, November 29th:
-Rest
-Appearance on This Week

Debate Response
What makes me qualified to be President?  That is a hard question to ask.  For one thing, I am proud a mother of two amazing children, and dealing with them really helps you in dealing with the mess down is Washington.  As a senator, I have tried to do not only what my state needs, but what our nation needs.  What I am doing with this campaign is to help our country in any way that is possible.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2013, 08:09:14 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2013, 10:03:32 PM by Emperor SJoyce »

Buddy Roemer for President: Free To Lead
[/center]

November 21st:
Talk in Colburn Park, Lebanon, NH
Meet & greet at the Lebanon Public Library
Fundraiser at the Salt Hill Pub, Lebanon
Meet and greet in Enfield, NH
Townhall in Canaan, NH

Let's talk about you and me. Because 98% of you don't give a penny to elect people to the presidency or the congress. Where does the money come from? It comes from the people who aren't living like you and me - the people on Wall Street, in corporate boardrooms, running labor unions or insurance companies or the pharmaceutical industry. It comes from Big Oil, it comes from defense contractors, it comes from Super PACS, and it comes from lobbyists. These campaigns, all these campaigns, are funded by special interests. That's why we have too big to fail, that's why we scrapped Glass-Steagall, why we have insurance monopolies, protection of pharmaceutical profits, no-bid contracts to provide $675 hammers for the military, earmarks, tax loopholes, subsidies for the big corporations, and them first in line, not you or me.

And what do we get in return? We get gridlock, corruption, and a do-nothing Congress, a do-nothing Washington.

But why is my campaign any different? The Roemer Campaign is run totally different from any other. We're taking no money above $100 a person, no money from lobbyists, nothing from special interests, and nothing from these PACs. We need a campaign of main street, of small-town America, a campaign willing to come out to towns of 4,000 people like Canaan, to listen to what you have to say. Because I'm listening to you, not CEOs in some Manhattan boardroom or moneymen in DC. Because I prioritize small business above big business. And because this is a campaign of the people, free of corporate money, free of special interests, free to lead.

November 22nd:
Small business owners meeting, Dorchester, NH
Lunch with Buddy in Hebron, NH
Meet & greet in Bristol, NH
Townhall in Ashland, NH

November 23rd:
Meet and greet in Holderness, NH
Meet and greet in Plymouth, NH
Lunch in Franconia, NH
Townhall in Bethlehem, NH

November 24th:
Meet and greet in Littleton, NH
Speech in Lisbon, NH
Meet and greet in Bath, NH
Townhall in Woodsville, NH

November 25th:
Breakfast with Buddy, Haverhill, NH
Boating on Lake Tarleton in Piermont, NH
Meet and greet in Orford, NH
Townhall in Lyme, NH
Rally & fundraiser at Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH

November 26th:
Historical tour in Bretton Woods, NH
Lunch at Munroe's Family Restaurant, Carroll, NH
Meet and greet, Whitefield, NH
Townhall, Jefferson, NH

November 27th:
Service at St. Johns United Methodist Church, Lancaster, NH
Lunch in Stark, NH
Meet and greet in North Stratford, NH
Dinner in Colebrook, NH

Debate Response

There are certainly people on this stage with more experience than me. I won't win the length-of-resume game, but the experience I gained over the course of my career serves to make me qualified to be president. I graduated from Bossier High, a public high school in a little city just outside of Shreveport. I graduated from college and then went into the private sector, working for my father's family business and later going into finance. I got my first taste of politics in the Louisiana Constitutional Convention, where I helped to modify the Louisiana Constitution in order to create a better government. I later entered the House of Representatives, the people's house, where, although I was a Democrat, I fought against the liberal Democratic leadership and supported the policy of one of America's greatest Presidents, Ronald Reagan. We cut taxes and helped support democracy worldwide. I later challenged corrupt incumbent Edwin Edwards in the gubernatorial election, and though little-known I ran a grassroots campaign promising to slay the dragon and establish good government, and we came from last place in the polls to first, a model that I hope will work again. As governor, I presented a proposal to slash spending, abolish programs, and shrink the size of the state government. I also invested heavily in education, a priority we need to focus on in order to remain economically competitive with nations like China. I reformed campaign finance, a major goal of my campaign. And I was praised by the Louisiana Association of Business and Industry for making our state more competitive compared to others, and after my term as governor, I returned to the private sector, specifically dealing with international trade. And it's from my experience, in the private sector, in the House with President Reagan, and in reforming the government of Louisiana that I gained the experience necessary to be President of the United States.

During the week, Governor Roemer took some time off from campaigning to appear via satellite on HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. An edited transcript of Buddy's remarks there appears.

It's great to be on tonight with you, Bryant. It's great to take a break from the campaign trail and just chat about sports. For so long I followed baseball, but with the Captains leaving Shreveport… I guess I'm a Zephyrs fan now. But yeah, it's great to have this quick interview with you - while I'm busy on the campaign trail, one of the things I've always taken time out to do, a few minutes, is fantasy baseball. Got a league with some friends from Louisiana. And of course I love to sit down on weekends and watch football - specifically my Saints.

But one of the things I'd like to talk about, since one of the major issues my campaign is addressing is campaign finance reform, is the intersection of both of them. Now, I haven't crunched the numbers for baseball yet, but there's an interesting intersection of football and politics. And what you find is that this is actually a source of some pretty big money for both sides. Players - [Giants safety] Antrel Rolle gave $20000 to the Dems this cycle so far, and [Saints guard] Jahri Evans gave $35K. You've also got people like [Cowboys owner] Jerry Jones giving lots to the Republicans - but though you'd expect owners to be a pretty conservative bunch, and people like Jones and [Cardinals owner] the Bidwells are examples of that, you also have people like [Tampa Bay owners] the Glazers gave $70K to the Dems. You also get state breakdowns - the Cowboys and the Texans give a lot to local Republicans, but the owners of the Colts give a lot to the local Dems, even though Indiana's a pretty Republican state. It's really quite interesting to track how the players line up. There's also a few players who gave to Ron Paul already, more than you'd expect. Money in politics is my big issue, and to be able to talk about it through the lens of professional sports - it feels like it isn't even campaigning. But the point is - there's a lot of political money here, and the influence of these big guys on the process is heard.

Thanks for having me on the show, Bryant.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #156 on: May 25, 2013, 04:21:51 AM »

Ron Paul Campaign Schedule:
Nov. 21:
Rally in Ames, IA
Town Hall with Justin Amash, Chuck Baldwin, and Jesse Ventura in Des Moines, IA

Nov. 22:
Rally in Davenport, IA
Q&A in Cedar Rapids, IA
Appear on CNN

Nov. 23:
Appear on Morning Joe
Rally at Ashford University
Appear on Fox Business News

Nov 24:
Rally in Clinton, IA
Rally at Kaplan University, Davenport, IA
Appear on ABC news

Nov 25:
Rally in Ankeny, IA
Town Hall in Cedar Falls, IA

Nov 26:
Rally in Sioux City, IA
Rally in Council Bluffs, IA

Nov 27:
Town Hall in Fort Dodge, IA
Rally in Waterloo, IA

TV Ad to run in Iowa, and NH:

Tired of sorry politicians playing games to get elected? Breaking promises at every turn? Take a stand, stand with Ron Paul. Strict, principled, tells it like it is. For 12 terms in Congress he has taken the stand to defend the Constitution, sometimes he has been alone in that fight. Stand with him now, and vote Ron Paul!

Debate Answer to come later.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #157 on: May 26, 2013, 07:55:47 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2013, 08:16:09 PM by Jayhawker »

The week of November 28st - December 4th begins now! Smiley

The New York Times

Polling Update

NATIONAL

Daniels: 34%
Hutchison: 21%
Huckabee: 15%
Huntsman: 9%
Paul: 6%
Ayotte: 6%
Roemer: 2%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 7%

IOWA

Daniels: 26%
Hutchison: 20%
Huckabee: 17%
Paul: 9%
Huntsman: 6%
Ayotte: 2%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 18%

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Daniels: 21%
Ayotte: 17%
Huntsman: 16%
Hutchison: 14%
Paul: 8%
Huckabee: 7%
Roemer: 3%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 14%

SOUTH CAROLINA

Hutchison: 28%
Daniels: 25%
Huckabee: 16%
Huntsman: 7%
Ayotte: 4%
Roemer: 1%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 13%

Cain Drops Out; Daniels Leads

Polling has continued to bounce around, this week due to the withdrawal of Reverend Herman Cain. Mitch Daniels has claimed a substantial lead nationally, yet is failing to pull away in the early states. Senator Hutchison continues to build a solid ground game, and though there is still a ways to go, party insiders believe this race will ultimately come down to Governor Daniels and Senator Hutchison.

Endorsement Watch
Ron Paul:
Mitch Daniels: Rick Perry, Steve Forbes, Dan and Ben Quayle
Mike Huckabee: The Boston Globe
Kay Bailey Hutchison: Meg Whitman, Lisa Murkowski
John Huntsman: Ellyn Bogdanoff,
Kelly Ayotte: Gene Chandler
Buddy Roemer: Angus King, Kinky Friedman

Debate Grades:
Mike Huckabee: N/A
Jon Huntsman: B
Kelly Ayotte: C+
Mitch Daniels: A
Kay Bailey Hutchison: B
Ron Paul: N/A
Buddy Roemer: A

NOTICE: Chris Christie and Sarah Palin will be endorsing this week!

This turn will be open 48 hours. Please PM me for endorsements. It's difficult for me to reward endorsements when I've received so few requests.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #158 on: May 26, 2013, 08:10:39 PM »

Justin Amash already endorsed Ron Paul
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #159 on: May 26, 2013, 08:51:18 PM »

Kay Bailey Hutchinson Schedule: November 28th- December 4th, 2011

"My fellow Republicans. The gravity of this election cannot be overstated. While the Democrats mock us for stating that this election will decide the path of our nation not only for the next 4 years, but for many after that, we know this is true. In an era of partisanship, class warfare campaigns, and intense political division, we now must face the challenge straight on. We can chose prosperity, safety abroad and at home, and life by voting for me or most of my Republican counterparts or we can chose economic slumps, isolationism and the rebirth of Al-Queda, and death by voting for the Democrats. While the choice may be obvious to us, it isn't to many other Americans who are dazzled by the charms shown by the President. The Democrats are attempting to mask their failures by painting us as the radical party and unless we act, they will succeed. The time to act is now, the time to save our nation is now. Together we'll win this election, bring Republicans back into the White House, and greatly improve our nation's economy."

Monday November 28th- NEW HAMPSHIRE (Campaigning with Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, Meg Whitman, Mark Kirk, and Elizbeth Dole)
Rally in Concord with Unemployed industry workers
Speech in Concord on Unemployment
Meet and Greet in Berlin with local Republicans
Appearance on the Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer

Tuesday November 29th- IOWA (Campaigning with Mary Fallin, Tom Latham, and Jeb Bush)

Speech in Des Moines on momentum
Rally in Des Moines
Fundraising Lunch on foreign policy (specifically Iran)
Appearance on On the Record with Greta Van Sustern

Hutchinson speaking on Iran
     "America, for too long have we allowed Iran and other nations walk over us. For too long have we allowed our name to be smeared and for our enemies to develop nuclear weapons. Its time to take a firm stand against nations such as Iran and North Korea who defy us and the international community. We need a President who gets tough with these nations and tells it as it is. I think its time for further sanctions on these nations, with UN approval of course, instead of apology tours. We and our allies must stand together, go soft together, when it comes to such open defiance of both the United Nations as well as Human Rights abroad."

Wednesday November 30th, IOWA (Campaigning with Tom Latham)

Rally in Iowa City with business owners
Speech in Iowa City on the Agricultural importance in America
Opening of 2 campaign offices in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City
Dinner with donors to the campaign

Thursday December 1st, SOUTH CAROLINA (Campaigning with Lindsey Graham, Mary Fallin, George H.W. Bush, Jeb Bush, with a video appearance by Nancy Reagan)

Rally in Charleston with Students
Speech in Charleston on the Next Generation
Rally in Myrtle Beach with local Republicans
Tape interview for NBC Nightly News and Rock Center with Brian Williams
Hutchinson answering questions in her NBC Interview

Interviewer: "Senator Hutchinson, what do you believe is the greatest asset to your campaign?"

Hutchinson: "The American People. Without them none of this would be possible. If it weren't for the tireless effort of so many citizens, giving up time with family and friends, devoted to either volunteering or spreading the word, none of this, I repeat, none. of. this. would be even considerable. Democracy is probably one of the greatest things about this nation and allows us to choose our own leaders and be politically involved whether we're liberal or conservative, libertarian or communitarian. Due to this we have people spreading the word, through both grassroots and large scale campaigning, which allows for us all to be properly informed and active in some of the most important issues of our life"

Friday December 2nd, SOUTH CAROLINA (Campaigning with Lindsey Graham)

Speech in Greenville of Gun Rights
Rally with gun owners in Greenville
Meet and Greet in Simpsonville
Speech on Small Businesses in Fountain Inn

Saturday December 3rd, SOUTH CAROLINA (Campaigning with Elizabeth Dole)

Rally in Inmo with Old Republicans
Speech in Columbia to Young Republicans
Speech in Columbia on the importance of the 2012 Election
Meet and greet in Inmo

Sunday December 4th
Appearance on Fox News Sunday

Meg Whitman:
    "Republican women, the time is here. We now indeed have a female leader who will lead us to victory this November and will shatter the glass ceiling. That woman is Kay Bailey Hutchinson. How do I know this you might ask, well I know Kay and boy let me tellya, she is one of a kind. She is a tireless worker, and is always fighting for the American people in places where that's not always the case. She represents not only the best our party has to offer this election, not only the best of what our gender has to offer this November, but also the best our nation has to offer this November. A new day is dawning, a very new day, and leading during it will be Kay Bailey Hutchinson, our first female president. So I urge you, whether you're from California or New Hampshire, to vote for Kay"

Lisa Murkowski:

"Well, I'm sure you all can guess why I'm here today. I'll be joining Mark Kirk, Olympia Snowe, John Coyryn, Susan Collins, Lindsey Graham, and Elizabeth Dole in endorsing one of the best Senators in our era, Kay Bailey Hutchinson. Her positive campaigning in the primary and her pledge to not attack her Republican opponents caught my eyes, and then I saw her policies. Kay has the vision we need in our future and by just looking at her resume, platform, and outlook on the world in general, I am convinced we need Kay in the White House. I think it really says something when 7 Senators, from some very different states, all endorse the same candidate. It shows that this person is someone we truly need in the White House, not for the sake of our party, but for the sake of our nation and its future, both which are in jeopardy under the current Administration."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #160 on: May 26, 2013, 09:32:29 PM »

Huckabee Campaign Schedule Nov. 28-Dec. 4: 2011

Nov. 28: New York
-Appearance on Good Morning America
-Appearance on Live with Regis and Kelly
-Fundraiser in NYC
-Interview with Brian Williams on NBC Nightly News
-Appearance on Hannity

Nov. 29: South Carolina/New Hampshire
-Rally in Charleston, SC with Chuck Norris
-Town Hall in Columbia, SC
-Town Hall in Plymouth, NH
-Town Hall in Dover, NH
-Appearance on On The Record, from Concord, NH

Nov. 30: Iowa
-Town Hall in Ames, IA
-Town Hall in Clinton, IA
-Town Hall in Cedar Falls, IA
-Town Hall in Davenport, IA
-Town Hall in Perry, IA

Dec. 1: Iowa
-Speech on the Economy in Fort Dodge, IA
-Town Hall in Creston, IA
-Town Hall in Newton, IA
-Phone Bank at Ames HQ

Dec. 2: Iowa
-AM Rally in Sioux City, IA with Chuck Norris and Sen. Talent
-Town Hall in Spencer, IA
-Speech on Education in Mason City, IA
-Town Hall in Manchester, IA

Dec. 3: Iowa
-Town Hall in Marshalltown, IA
-Town Hall in Storm Lake, IA
-Town Hall in Le Mars, IA
-Town Hall in Oak, IA

Dec. 4: Iowa
-Rally in Webster City, IA
-Rally in Des Moines, IA

Huckabee Goes on the Attack
"It's conservatism that's the solution. It's not quasi-conservatism and pretenders. You are either conservative or you're not. You either believe in the philosophy or not. With respect to Senator Hutchinson and Governor Daniels, I commend their service to their states and to our nation, but conservatives they are not. They willingly to run and hide from the conservative table in order to win an election. Well look at the track record for our party. Nominating a more moderate and squishy candidate has not produced an Republican Presidency. I cite examples of Bob Dole and John McCain. They're great individuals. They've served the country well, but they're not conservatives. In the words of Barry Goldwater we must offer a choice, not an echo to the American people. I stand read to lead our party and offer a clear choice from Barack Obama's big government driven view of America."

Globe Endorses Huckabee for President
"The largest newspaper in the entire region has just endorsed our campaign for President." Mike Huckabee said after taking the stage in Dover, NH. The Boston Globe endorsed Huckabee for the GOP nomination, calling him 'best prepared to be President...Huckabee has been bold, while his opponents timid."

(Released) Internal Campaign Polling: Obama v. Huckabee
Obama: 46%
Huckabee: 45%

Huckabee Ad featuring Chuck Norris (Airing in IA)
"He can be trusted. He is tested. He is conservative. He is ready. Ready to lead. Ready to fix America's economy. Ready to restore America as she was meant to be and make her a great shining city on a hill once more..."
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #161 on: May 26, 2013, 09:59:54 PM »

Jesse Ventura Schedule: December 1 - December 4, 2011

December 1
-Town Hall in Duluth, MN
-Rally in Minneapolis, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in St. Paul, MN
-Appearance on The O’Reilly Factor

December 2
-Rally in Rochester, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Brooklyn Park, MN
-Appearance on Real Time with Bill Maher
-Appearance on Hardball with Chris Matthews

December 3
-Town Hall in Augusta, ME
-Town Hall in Auburn, ME
-Rally in Brunswick, ME
-Rally in Bangor, ME

December 4
-Appearance on Meet the Press
-Appearance on Fox News Sunday
-Appearance on State of the Union
-Appearance on This Week

Do you know how many documents the government labeled as top secret last year? 16 million. That's absurd! It seems like that's virtually everything they put out, isn't it? They allow no room for transparency, so the average Joe can't get down to the bottom of things. I'm entitled to know what kinds of ordeals are going on by the federal government daily, and you know why? I pay taxes. So, all of the covert operations and all of the bailouts are paid with my tax dollars, and I think the American public would like to know where exactly their hard-earned money is going towards. My campaign is here to make that happen.

TV Ad

NARRATOR: Here we go, another election cycle. Same old candidates, same old agendas, same empty promises. Just business as usual, eh?

VENTURA: Well, not anymore. I’m Governor Jesse Ventura. I’m NOT like those career politicians out there. No special interest groups bestow their gifts on me, because they know that I’m an independent voice. My concern isn’t for lobbyists or corporations—it’s for the people. Join me, and together we can take this country back from the cronies in Washington.

MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #162 on: May 27, 2013, 01:21:03 AM »

Ron Paul tv and radio ad bomb in all 50 states:

Tired of these silly politicians playing games? Tired of broken promises, lies and playing the political game? This time you have a choice, a choice for president that does not play by the political rules, one who stands up for the constitution, and economic prosperity for all. Free trade and lower taxes, less government and no more political games. He's got the record to prove it. Vote for Ron Paul, never voted for a tax increase, never voted to raise the debt ceiling.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Ron Paul: The Man you can trust.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #163 on: May 27, 2013, 01:06:48 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2013, 08:13:06 PM by Emperor SJoyce »

Buddy Roemer for President: Free To Lead
[/center]

Week of November 28 - December 4: Coos & Carroll and more New Hampshire

November 28th:
Snowmobiling with Buddy, Pittsburg, NH
Lunch at The Balsams, Dixville Notch, NH
Meet & greet (with some fundraising) in Berlin, NH - discovering the difference between Berlin and Louisiana French
Meet and greet in Shelburne, NH
One-on-one discussions with voters, Sargent's Purchase, NH

November 29th:
Morning breakfast in Jackson, NH
Meet and greet in North Conway, NH
Lunch in Conway, NH
Meet and greet in Albany, NH
Townhall in Madison, NH

November 30th:
Meet and greet in Eaton, NH
Meet and greet in Effingham, NH
Lunch in Wakefield, NH
Townhall in Brookfield, NH

December 1st:
Meet and greet in Wolfeboro, NH
Fundraising event in Ossipee, NH
Meet and greet in Tuftonboro, NH
Townhall in Moultonborough, NH

December 2nd:
Breakfast with Buddy, Sandwich, NH
Meet and greet in Tamworth, NH
Lunch in West Ossipee, NH
Townhall in Milton, NH

December 3rd (with Angus King)Sad
Meet and greet in Farmington, NH
Lunch in New Durham, NH
Meet and greet in Strafford, NH
Townhall in Barrington, NH
Rally in Rochester, NH

December 4th (with Angus King)Sad
Service at the Berwick United Methodish Church, Berwick, ME/Somersworth, NH
Lunch in Rollinsford, NH
Rally in Dover, NH
Fundraiser dinner in Durham, NH

During the week, Governor Roemer made an appearance on CNBC to discuss economic policies. A cropped transcript appears below.

The polls continually show that jobs is Americans' number one issue, but we can't do jobs yet - we can't do budget reform, tax reform, immigration, healthcare, banking until we reform campaign finance and get the special interests out. But to discuss jobs - we need to promote fair trade and get people and businesses to buy goods made in America. I'm not a free trader - China is a black hole for manufacturing jobs. It's affecting American wallets. Then we need to go back to campaign finance reform to get the outsourcers and their representatives out of politics. We also need to realize that jobs are created in American small businesses. Big companies, the top 100, have fired 2.9 million Americans over the past few years. Our jobs come from small businesses. And the way our small businesses flourish is through getting rid of these regulations - not all of them, we need speed limits, clean air and water and such, but we do need to help our small businesses.

I'm a banker, I owned a small bank. And we needed three people just to keep up with the regulations we were under. Small business is what we need to win. We also need to speed up patents - the average patent pending makes three new jobs, and there are more than a million pending. And we need to lose our addiction to foreign oil. Natural gas has 20% of the carbon footprint and can be made right here at home, cheaply, fast, and inexpensively with millions of new jobs.  And China - we need to set standards to level the playing field. No products made by forced or child labor, nothing with no minimum standards - those get banned, restricted, or penalized. My test for those are: if this plant couldn't open here, in New Hampshire, or in Iowa where I was a couple weeks ago, or in my home state of Louisiana, why should we buy those products from China? We also need real bank reform - scrap too-big-to-fail, get Glass-Steagall back. We also need to simplify our tax code - if you remember Steve Forbes, I liked his idea of a flat tax, no exemptions or deductions except maybe one for families, and after that a 17% flat rate. Phase it in over a few years to make sure it doesn't affect the market drastically. We need a holistic policy to attack all these issues.

Look, my point is this: we have a system in place, and it's not working. We really do need some change and some new ideas, some certainty in Washington. I brought certainty to Louisiana, and after four years as Governor we saw our 12% unemployment rate be cut in half and our bond rating got raised five times. I know how to do this, and we need a leader with proven experience in getting economic growth.

Angus King Endorses Buddy Roemer

What this nation needs is a leader. One who will propose the right economic policies to create jobs here in America, and one that will bring real reform to Washington. I'm not seeing that on either side of the aisle a lot, which is why I'm running for US Senate as an independent. But I see that in Buddy Roemer. He's the real reformer in the race, and he's the one who will bring real change to DC.

Kinky Friedman Endorses Buddy Roemer

Most of the candidates for the Republican nomination seem to have humor bypasses. If you're a politically correct person, you should vote for one of them. You have to be politically correct to be a politician, and most of them are. But Buddy - he's not like them. He cares about America and wants to fix what's wrong with it. We're the richest country in the world but we have schools and healthcare and stuff that's falling behind the rest. That makes no sense. We need some big changes, and Buddy's the one who'll do that. His ideas are a helluva lot better than the others' and he's the one who'll throw the money-changers out of the temple. Besides, he can't screw things up any worse than they already've been. So why the hell not?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: May 27, 2013, 03:35:15 PM »

Jon Huntsman schedule-November 28th-December 4th.
Monday, November 28th.
9:00 AM-3:00 PM: Tour of the Grand Canyon in Arizona.

Tuesday, November 29th:
10:00 AM: Rally in Flagstaff, Arizona.
12:00 PM: Lunch at Thai House Café in Prescott, Arizona.
2:00 PM: Rally in Flagstaff, Arizona.
8:00 PM: Townhall in Yuma, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 30th:
8:00 AM: Meet and Greet with Hispanic Republicans in Las Vegas, Arizona.
12:00 PM: Meet and Greet with Young Republicans in Las Vegas, Arizona.
3:00 PM: Late lunch with the Republican Women of Clark County in Las Vegas, Arizona.
9:00 PM: Townhall in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Thursday, December 1st:
10:00 AM: Meet and Greet with the public in Las Vegas, Nevada.
2:00 PM: Rally in Laughlin, Nevada.
3:00 PM: Townhall in Bullhead City, Arizona.

Friday, December 2nd:
10:00 AM: Flight to New Hampshire.
6:00 PM: Dinner in Manchester, New Hampshire.
9:00 PM: Appearance on The Rachel Maddow Show.

Saturday, December 3rd:
10:00 AM: Meet and Greet in Exeter, New Hampshire.
12:00 PM: Lunch at the Penang & Tokyo Restaurant in Exeter, New Hampshire.
2:00 PM-5:00 PM: Tour of the historic mills of Newmarket, New Hampshire.
7:00 PM: Speech to young Republicans at Durham, New Hampshire.

Sunday, December 4th:
9:00 AM: Townhall in Dover, New Hampshire.
11:00 AM: Meet and Greet in Somersville, New Hampshire.
1:00 PM: Rally in Rochester, New Hampshire.
3:00 PM: Rally in Farmington, New Hampshire.
5:00 PM: Rally in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire.

Jon Huntsman on the Rachel Maddow Show (12/2/2011).
“Rachel, we are now in the “pacific” century. This is not the Reagan-Bush era or the Clinton-Bush era anymore. We need to focus on the geopolitical realities of the 21st century. I am the only candidate who speaks this truth, and has the knowledge and experience to handle this international realignment.”
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2013, 08:01:18 PM »

Mitch Daniels's Schedule: From November 28 to December 4, 2011:

The National Tour:

November 28: The Pacific States:
Barnstorm and Rally in Los Angeles, CA with Brian Sandoval.
Barnstorm and Rally in San Francisco, CA with Brian Sandoval.

November 29: The West:
Barnstorm Phoenix, AZ with Dan and Ben Quayle.
Rally in Denver, CO.

November 30: The South, Part I:
Barnstorm and Rally in Montgomery, AL with Condi Rice.
Barnstorm and Rally in Atlanta, GE with Herman Cain.

December 1: The South, Part II:
Fundraiser and Rally in Dallas, TX with Rick Perry.
Barnstom in Jackson, MS.

December 2: The Mid Atlantic:
Bus Tour through Norfolk, NC, Richmond, VA and Baltimore, MD with Dick Lugar.

December 3: New England:
Fundraiser and Rally in New York City, NY with Steve Forbes.
Rally in Boston, MA.
Rally in Burlington, VT.

December 4: The Great Lakes:
Barnstorm and Rally in Detroit, MI with Rick Snyder and Scott Walker.
Fundraiser and Final Rally in Minneapolis, MN with Tim Pawlenty.

Announcements, Messages and Other Things:

1.- Endorsements:

Dan Quayle (And his son)Sad

"As you know, I endorsed Herman Cain at the beginning of this campaign. However, I fully agree with his endorsement choice. Daniels has proven over and over again that he is a leader. He has demonstrated he is capable of making tough decisions and turning things around. He is a man of integrity. He understands budgets and financial markets. He balanced budgets and met a bottom line. He is strong on national defense and has a deep love of the principles that make America great. Arizona, go and vote for Mitch Daniels when the time is right!"

Steve Forbes:

"There is something crucial that a Republican must have if he wants to win, and that is leadership. Firm leadership, that's what Mitch Daniels brings to the table, and I think this will be a winning issue. Daniels has what it takes to be a great president of the United States, and that is why I enthusiastically endorse him for president."

Rick Perry:

“Daniels has a campaign that involves hard-work, a strong organization, and a disciplined message of restoring America after nearly four years of failed job-killing policies from President Obama and his administration. So today I join the many conservative Republicans across the nation in endorsing him for President. His vision and record of private sector success will put America back on the path of job creation, economic opportunity and limited government.”

2.- Speeches given during the National Tour:

"Gov. Huckabee has said again that Sen. Hutchinson and I do not represent a clear conservative choice. I disagree with that statement. In my own case, I think my record proves that my policies have always been conservative, even if I'm willing to compromise, a word that we should not be afraid of."

"I have to say that I couldn't be more optimistic. We are leading in the national polls, in Iowa and New Hampshire. Still, this will be a hard fought race, and that's why I'm taking time to visit several importante states to speak with Republicans about our national concerns. Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina are key states, but all states have to give their own opinion when going to the polls."

"President Obama did not cause the economic and fiscal crises that continue in America tonight. But he was elected on a promise to fix them, and he cannot claim that the last three years have made things anything but worse: the percentage of Americans with a job is at the lowest in decades. One in five men of prime working age, and nearly half of all persons under 30, did not go to work today. Now, contrary to the president's constant disparagement of people in business, it's one of the noblest of human pursuits. Out here in Indiana, when a businessperson asks me what he can do for our state, I say first, be successful. If you make a profit, you'll have something left to hire someone else, and some to donate to the good causes we love.'"

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2013, 12:49:59 AM »

Kelly Ayotte's Schedule: From November 28 to December 4, 2011:

November 28th:
-Meet and Greet in Lewinston, Maine
-Lunch with supporters in Portland, Maine
Meet & greet in Portland, Maine

November 29th:
Morning breakfast in Dover, NH
Meet and greet in Portmouth, NH
Lunch in North Hampton, NH
Meet and greet in Hampton, NH
Town-hall in Rye, NH

November 30th:
Meet and greet in Eaton, NH
Meet and greet in Effingham, NH
Lunch in Wakefield, NH
Townhall in Brookfield, NH

December 1st:
Meet and greet in Manchester, NH
Meet and greet in South Hookestt, NH
Townhall in Hookestt, NH

December 2nd:
Breakfast with supporters in Concord, NH
Meet and greet in Concord, NH
Lunch in Franklin, NH
Townhall in New Hampton, NH

December 3rd:
Service at the Berwick United Methodish Church, Berwick, ME/Somersworth, NH
Lunch in Rollinsford, NH
Rally in Dover, NH
Fundraiser dinner in Durham, NH

December 4th:
Rest
Appearance on Meet the Press

Endorsement From Gene Chandler

The reason I have endorest Kelly is this, she can lead this country, she will lead the Republican party to a new place, one where we reach out to women, and to minority's.  If we wish to win this election in November, we need to connect with both of these groups, and Kelly will help do this.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2013, 02:29:22 AM »

Ron Paul Campaign Schedule:
Nov. 28th:
Barnstorm and Rally in Ames, IA with Rand Paul
Town Hall in Davenport, IA
Speech at University of Iowa

Nov. 29th:
Appear on Good Morning America
Q&A Town Hall in Cedar Rapids, IA
Fundraiser

Nov. 30th:
Rally with Mike Lee in Des Moines, IA
Rally with Justin Amash in Fort Dodge, IA

Dec. 1st:
Rally in Anchorage, AK
Meet with Sarah Palin (seeking endorsement)

Dec. 2nd:
Rally in Reno, NV
Rally in Asbury, IA
Appear on NBC Nightly News

Dec. 3rd:
Town Hall in Greenfield, IA
Town Hall in Hampton, IA
Appear on ABC news

Dec. 4th:
Rally in Iowa City, IA
Town Hall in Manchester, IA

Mike Lee on Ron Paul:
Ron Paul is the Man for the Job, and a champion of Liberty. He's the only candidate who has served in the military, and the troops support him! Throughout all his years in congress, he has stood up for what is right, even when he was alone. Today he is not alone! Let's show the establishment! Vote Ron Paul!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2013, 10:20:34 AM »

Huntsman Ad: "Experience."
Voiceover: Which candidate has had the greatest job growth in his home state?
(File footage of political and business television shows and various charts/graphs showing Utah's economic expansion appear on screen)
Voiceover: Which candidate has served overseas as a diplomat twice?
(File footage of Huntsman in China and Singapore)
Voiceover: Only one candidate is ready to take on the Presidency. Vote for experience. Vote for Jon Huntsman.
Huntsman: I am Jon Huntsman and I approve this message.

(Airing in the green states)

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2013, 10:45:32 AM »

Huckabee Ad: Life (Iowa)

VO: The frontrunner for the Republican nomination has called for a truce on social issues, but only Governor Huckabee has the courage to standup for the issues.

VO: On the right to life:

VO Huckabee: I believe life begins at conception and I will fight to see Roe v. Wade is overturned and left to the states. All life is sacred, all life must be cherished.

VO: Mike Huckabee, the courage to fight for traditional values and to preserve the moral integrity of society.

VO Huckabee: I believe that a strong America is one of faith, family and flag.

I'm Mike Huckabee and I approve this message.

Huckabee Ad: Education

VO Huckabee: As governor of Arkansas I made education the highest priority in my state and I want to see that happen when I go to Washington. I want to see more decisions on education left to the states and local communities. We do not need a federal department of education to tell our children what to learn. I support keeping education in the hands of parents and local communities. On this matter government knows little and parents know a lot.

I'm Mike Huckabee and I approve this message

Ad: Experience and Life Airing in the following states:
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #170 on: May 28, 2013, 09:55:14 PM »

Sarah Palin endorses Kelly Ayotte!

Chris Christie endorses Kay Bailey Hutchison!

Terry Branstead says he WILL endorse a candidate before the caucus - says one candidate sticks out clearly in his mind, but doesn't say who.

Update tomorrow.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2013, 10:28:54 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2013, 06:39:18 PM by Governor Spamage »

Hello and welcome. I suppose many of you probably know why I am here today and as you might’ve guessed I’ll be endorsing a candidate in the 2016 Election. I’ve scanned the field diligently because frankly, we need new leadership in the White House and there’s one person, a true conservative, who would fulfill this goal, that woman is Kay Bailey Hutchinson.
   Kay has come under a lot of fire recently from Gov. Huckabee, while I respect the guy and respect his record, I don’t respect his politics. His name calling on his idea of who can and can’t be Conservative is idiotic. It’s not a club, it’s an ideology and lest Governor Huckabee forget, the more divided a primary electorate is the worse the nominee will fare on Election Day. I mean seriously? He quotes Barry Goldwater continuously and there were several things not Conservative about Goldwater, for one he supported abortion, which shouldn’t be on the Republican ticket, I’m sorry but it shouldn’t. Also Barry Goldwater remarked, “Do not associate my name with anything you do. You are extremists, and you've hurt the Republican party much more than the Democrats have.” In reference to the extremism of Governor Huckabee.
   Kay, on the other hand, is a consistent hard worker who exemplifies everything we’d need in a president. She is committed to the American people and has the record and experience to attest to that. I mean what other candidate would receive such broad support that it includes John Thune, the Bushes, myself, and Olympia Snowe. This wide ranging following in favor of Kay serves not only to save her campaign and our party, but also to save our nation, and that’s why I’ll be voting for Kay Bailey Hutchinson on Primary Day and again in November.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #172 on: May 30, 2013, 08:46:17 PM »

The week of December 5th - 11th starts now! Smiley

The New York Times

Polling Update

NATIONAL

Daniels: 33%
Hutchison: 22%
Huckabee: 16%
Huntsman: 10%
Ayotte: 6%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 5%

IOWA

Daniels: 23%
Hutchison: 21%
Huckabee: 20%
Paul: 12%
Huntsman: 5%
Ayotte: 2%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 16%

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Ayotte: 19%
Daniels: 19%
Huntsman: 17%
Hutchison: 13%
Paul: 7%
Huckabee: 6%
Roemer: 4%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 15%

SOUTH CAROLINA

Hutchison: 30%
Daniels: 22%
Huckabee: 17%
Huntsman: 6%
Ayotte: 4%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 14%

Race Stablizes

For the first time in several weeks, there was little change in the polls. Thanks to a national tour, Governor Daniels continues to hold a substantial lead nationally - if all states voted on the same day, he would certainly win. However, some wonder if his fate may end up like Giuliani's in 2008. His lead and momentum is slipping in Iowa, as Paul and Huckabee's rise, and New Hampshire and South Carolina are looking less likely for him. Governor Huckabee has also recently been on the attack, which has deflated Daniel's momentum, especially in Iowa. Can he still win the nomination without winning one of the three lead-off states?

Governor Hutchison continues to control the state of South Carolina, and is also due for a boost in the Northeast with Governor Chris Christie's endorsement. While few voters switched to her thus far, Kelly Ayotte also now has the advantage of Tea Party favorite and former Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin in her corner, who has stated that she is ready to stump for Senator Ayotte. Governor Huntsman is continuing to build a solid organization in multiple states, and is setting up to compete in the long haul, though a win in New Hampshire is crucial. Buddy Roemer, though his name recognition is low, is starting to build buzz in New Hampshire, as one major paper may soon endorse him.

There are no additional endorsements this week.

Debate Question, a question that arose in the 2008 Presidential Debate: What don't you know and how will you learn it?

This turn will be open 48 hours. Please PM me for endorsements. It's difficult for me to reward endorsements when I've received so few requests.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #173 on: May 30, 2013, 09:46:44 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2013, 09:46:22 PM by NHI »

Huckabee Campaign Schedule: December 5-11th

Dec 5: Iowa
-Speech on Health Care Reform in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Town Hall in Clinton, IA
-Appearance on World News Tonight from Des Moines, IA

Huckabee on Future of his Campaign?

Diane Sawyer: Can you still win the nomination without winning either Iowa, South Carolina or New Hampshire?

Mike Huckabee: The short answer is yes. The longer answer is this. We're competitive, we're going to do very well in Iowa and South Carolina, that I am confident of. The second matter is in this race I am the true conservative that can unite the party and defeat President Obama in November. The last couple of cycles we've nominated the moderate candidate and between Senator Hutchinson or Governor Daniels there's no difference. They're both moderate, they cannot unite the base, they cannot articulate the conservative message and if either are the nominee will be soundly defeated by President Obama. I can win."

Dec. 6: New York
-Appearance on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart
-Fundraiser in New York City

Dec. 7: South Carolina
-Town Hall in Columbia, SC with Sen. Talent
-Town Hall in Rock Hill, SC
-Phone bank in Charleston, SC with Chuck Norris and Gov. Scott
-Appearance on Hannity from Charleston, SC

Dec. 8: South Carolina/Florida
-Speech on Health Care Reform in Camden, SC
-Town Hall in Greenville, SC
-Speech on Health Care Reform in Orlando, FL
-Town Hall in Boynton Beach, FL with Gov. Scott
-Appearance on CBS Evening News from Boynton Beach, FL
-Appearance on The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell from Boynton Beach, FL

Dec. 9: Iowa
-Rally in Fort Dodge, IA with Chuck Norris
-Rally in Ames, IA with Chuck Norris

Dec. 10: Iowa
-Pancake Breakfast in Iowa City, IA with Chuck Norris
-Town Hall in Davenport, IA
-Town Hall in Mason City, IA
-Town Hall in Orange City, IA
-Rally in Des Moines, IA

Dec. 11: Iowa
-Door-to-Door in Davenport, IA
-Door-to-Door in Clinton, IA
-Rally in Waterloo, IA with Chuck Norris, Sen. Talent and Gov. Scott

Huckabee Press Release: Health Care
Governor Huckabee is committed to repealing and replacing the President's Health Care law, A.K.A. Obamacare. The law does nothing to fix the health care problems facing the country and will succeed in creating more bureaucracy and less security on the part of the patient. Market orientated ideas are much sounder and effective approach than a top down government one that is created via Obamacare. In short Obamacare is an entitlement the American people cannot afford and while Governor Huckabee believes every American should have access to health care it should not come at the expense of the taxpayer.

Debate Response:

"I like to think of myself a learned man, but there can always be room to learn more certainly. I know my wife Janet could make a list of things I don't know, but we won't go there tonight. Right now this country is hurting and it's hurting badly. Under President Obama's leadership these last four years, unemployment has rose, wages have fallen, our standing in the world has diminished and Americans are less confident about the future. At such a critical time it is easy to think that America may not recover, that this the new normal that we as nation must settle for. If the election goes the wrong way and President Obama is reelected I don't know what will happen, I don't want to think of it. What I do know is that if a Republican is elected next November and I'll say it right now everyone on this stage would be a much better President than Barack Obama. Anyone of us would put this country back on a path to prosperity. I know that with the right kind of leadership, with economic policies that allow business to thrive and grow and for wages to rise and unemployment to drop and for American's leadership to be reaffirmed in the world that our best and brightest days will always lie ahead."
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2013, 09:49:50 PM »

Jesse Ventura Campaign Schedule:  December 5 - December 11

December 5
-Town Hall in Bozeman, MT
-Town Hall in Butte, MT
-Rally and Fundraiser in Billings, MT
-Appearance on The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer
-Appearance on Piers Morgan Tonight

The fact is, Piers, that this two-party system we have in this country is bunk. They allow no room for genuine competition so that new people and ideas can emerge and prosper. Instead, what we get at the voting booth is Coke and Pepsi: one is slightly sweeter than the other, and that's all the difference that you get. If people would stop voting for Democrats and Republicans all the time, maybe this country would see an upswing, because they sure as hell aren't doing anything to fix the problems we have. I'm absolutely horrified at the direction that this country has taken especially in recent years because of these goons. Make no mistake: I'm in this race to win. Whenever I've decided to jump in a race, it's always been to win. At this stage, I feel that it's my obligation as a veteran and as a patriot to stand up against this political abomination and to provide a clear, alternative choice for voters as fed up with the system as I am.

December 6
-Rally and Fundraiser in Buffalo, NY
-Rally and Fundraiser in Rochester, NY
-Occupy Wall Street event in New York City, NY
-Appearance on Hannity

You know, I can see why the mainstream media is afraid to cover you: the people are finally fed up with the establishment! Unfortunately, the sad truth is that this entire political system we're confronted with is dominated by the interests of the financial elite. None of the Republican candidates out there besides Ron Paul and Buddy Roemer give a damn about the plight of the average American, and I certainly don't see President Obama making any bold efforts to prosecute corrupt and irresponsible banksters either. Both the Democrats and the Republicans are bought off and paid for by these financial interests out here in Wall Street, so that's why nothing changes no matter what party comes into office. Do you want proof? During the last election, the top donors for both Obama and McCain included the likes of Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, and JPMorgan—the very same institutions that helped to cause this recession yet were ultimately bailed out. As we can see, no one was put to jail for anything. If I'm president, I'll rock the entire system and crack down on these fraudulent banksters once and for all!

December 7
-Town Hall in Fairbanks, AK
-Town Hall in Juneau, AK
-Town Hall in Wasilla, AK
-Rally and Fundraiser in Anchorage, AK

December 8
-Rally in Minot, ND
-Rally in Grand Forks, ND
-Rally in Bismarck, ND
-Rally and Fundraiser in Fargo, ND

December 9
-Town Hall in Brookings, SD