2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 05:59:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 37
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 81014 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2013, 10:47:23 PM »
« edited: June 04, 2013, 07:09:34 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Jon Huntsman Schedule-December 5th-December 11th.
Monday, December 5th:
10:00 AM: Q&A session with students at Winnacunnet High School in Hampton, New Hampshire.
12:00 PM: Rally in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
2:00 PM: Meet and Greet with members of the Chamber of Commerce, in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
5:00 PM: Tour of the Sprague Energy plant in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

Tuesday, December 6th:
12:00 PM: Rally in Durham, New Hampshire.
3:00 PM: Rally in Dover, New Hampshire.
6:00 PM: Rally in Epson, New Hampshire.

Wednesday, December 7th:
12:00 PM: Lunch at the VFW Post 1631 in Concord, New Hampshire.
4:00 PM: Speech to the New Hampshire State Legislature in Concord, New Hampshire.
7:00 PM: Rally in Henniker, New Hampshire.

Thursday, December 8th:
9:00 AM: Meet and Greet in Newport, New Hampshire.
11:00 AM: Meet and Greet in Sunapee, New Hampshire.
1:00 PM: Rally in New London, New Hampshire.
4:00 PM: Rally in Andover, New Hampshire.
6:00 PM: Rally in Franklin, New Hampshire.

Friday, December 9th:
10:00 AM: Rally in Laconia, New Hampshire.
12:00 PM: Rally in Meredith, New Hampshire.
2:00 PM: Meet and Greet in Ashland, New Hampshire.
5:00 PM: Meet and Greet with students at Plymouth University in Plymouth, New Hampshire.
7:00 PM: Rally in Lincoln, New Hampshire.

Saturday, December 10th:
9:00 AM: Meet and Greet in Bethlehem, New Hampshire.
12:00 PM: Rally in Lancaster, New Hampshire.
2:00 PM: Meet and Greet with students at Grovetown High School in Grovetown, New Hampshire.
4:00 PM: Rally in Berlin, New Hampshire.
7:00 PM: Rally in Colebrook, New Hampshire.

Sunday, December 11th:
8:00 AM-12:00 PM: Biking around 1st Connecticut Lake in Pittsburg, New Hampshire.
5:00 PM: Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire.
9:00 PM: Visiting the staff at the New Hampshire Union Leader in Manchester, New Hampshire.

Debate Response:
“What I really need to learn is how to tell a joke properly, actually. My daughters criticize me for not being exciting enough, and not being as sociable as I can be when I meet voters. Of course, throughout my campaign, I have met several different types of people with all kinds of stories and backgrounds, and it has greatly enhanced my understanding of the fabric of America more than I can ever could have imagined.”

Jon Huntsman at the VFW in Concord, New Hampshire.
“Today, as I stand before all of the veterans here today, many of whom are in your uniforms and wearing your medals and ribbons. I see in your eyes stories which you could compare to the hero Odysseus of Homer’s “The Odyssey”. I see before me America’s greatest generation. I see the generation that gave birth to my generation. And, quite frankly, my generation has failed you, and we have failed our children. We cannot pass down America worst off to our kids, who are your grandchildren, worst off than we found it.”
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2013, 03:26:32 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2013, 03:11:54 PM by Governor Spamage »

Hutchinson Campaign Schedule December 5th- December 11th, 2011
     "The American people are fed up with the negativity which has been emanating out of Washington as well as my opponents campaigns. Its time we were honest with the voters and quick picking one another apart. I know, as does every Republican in this race, that the more divided we stand the easier it will be for President Obama to win in November, and thats something we don't need. Our nation's future is at stake and some candidates and pundits are resorting to the tactics they've used for years, but its time to change that. I refuse to be drawn into the fray and encourage my fellow candidates to resist as well, this message is specifically for Mr. Huckabee, with whom quite a few voters have expressed disdain to the attacks and negative campaigning."

Monday December 5th, 2011- NEW HAMPSHIRE (Campaigning with Chris Christie, Susan Collins, and Olympia Snowe)

Rally on the Economy in Concord
Speech to unemployed workers in Rally in Nashua
Meet and Greet in Nashua
Appearance on The Situation Room

Tuesday December 6th, 2011- NEW HAMPSHIRE (Campaigning with Chris Christie and Jeb Bush)
Rally in Berlin with mothers
Speech to undecided Republicans in Berlin
Meet and Greet in Berlin
Fundraiser in Berlin

Wednesday December 7th, 2011- NEW HAMPSHIRE (Campaigning with Chris Christie and Mark Kirk)

Rally in Goffstown on the Economy
Town hall in Goffstown
Speech in New Ipswich on education
Appearance on Hannity

Hutchinson Speaking on Education
    "We need a President who understands the challenges our education system is facing. Whether its high schoolers, or kindergarteners, we are not giving them a fair deal. Too many are given sub par educations and lose opportunities that they could've had had they had a more learning conducive environment. In a Hutchinson presidency education will be one of the core components as our children are our future, and without them, our future seems grave indeed."

Wednesday December 8th, 2011- IOWA (Campaigning with John Thune, Mark Kirk, and Tom Latham)

Speech in Cedar Rapids on the Economy
Rally in Cedar Rapids with Undecided voters
Meet and Greet in Des Moines
Townhall in Sioux City

Thursday December 9th, 2011- IOWA (Campaigning with John Thune, Mark Kirk, and Mary Fallin)
Speech to gun owners in Iowa City
Rally in Iowa City
Speech on the need for a Republican Presidency in Waterloo
Appearance on Laura Ingram's Radio Show

Friday December 10th, 2011- IOWA (Campaigning with John Thune, Jeb Bush, George H.W. Bush, and Lindsey Graham)

Rally in Waterloo
Meet and Greet in Sioux City
Town hall in Iowa City
Fundraiser in Iowa City

Saturday December 11th, 2011- NEVADA
Speech in Las Vegas
Rally with Small Business owners in Las Vegas
Town hall in Reno
Appearance on SNL

Debate Answer:
"I probably don't know when to slow down. Sometimes my schedule gets a little too full and I end up having to rush to get from place to place and by the end of the day I'm pretty tired. Meeting people all across this country is amazing but they all keep commenting on how much I'm campaigning. I can tellya one thing I'll learb how to slow down after my Presidential Term is finished. We really have too much on the line to have a half devoted President!"
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2013, 09:20:08 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2013, 01:55:02 PM by Emperor SJoyce »

Buddy Roemer for President: Free To Lead
[/center]

Week of November 28 - December 4: Gettin that major newspaper endorsement

December 5th:
Meet and greet, Pittsfield, NH
Lunch with Buddy, Epsom, NH
Meet and greet, Allenstown, NH
Townhall, Pembroke, NH

December 6th:
Breakfast with Buddy, Hooksett, NH
Rally at the University of New Hampshire School of Law in Concord, NH
Meeting with members of the New Hampshire State Legislature, Concord, NH
Meet and greet in Hopkinton, NH
Townhall at New England College in Henniker, NH

December 7th:
Meet and greet in Bradford, NH
Meet and greet at the College of Saint Mary Magdalen in Warner, NH
Lunch in Sutton, NH
Townhall in Newbury, NH

December 8th
Meet and greet in New London, NH
Rally at Colby-Sawyer College New London, NH
Meet and greet in Danbury, NH
Townhall in Andover, NH

December 9th:
Service at the Franklin United Methodist Church, Franklin, NH
Meet and greet in Hill, NH
Lunch in Northfield, NH
Townhall in Canterbury, NH

December 10th:
Meet and greet in Boscawen, NH
Lunch in Salisbury, NH
Meet and greet in Webster, NH
Townhall in Barnstead, NH

December 11th:
Breakfast in Gilmanton, NH
Lunch in Belmont, NH
Meet and greet in Tilton, NH
Rally in New Hampton, NH

Debate Response

Being President is a very difficult, a very complex job, and as we've seen, in this administration, in the last, and in almost all the Presidents we've had, we've seen that we really can't anticipate what's going to hit us next - we don't know what we don't know. Right now, my biggest focus, and the focus of most of the voters, is reducing unemployment and getting Americans back to work, and I have a proven record of job creation as Governor of Louisiana - but what if that's not the biggest concern? What if we have a sudden health care crisis, or, God forbid, another terror attack? I've been a Governor, a Representative, and a banker in the private sector, but I've never been a psychic, and I can't say what I don't know because the challenges I could face could vary immensely. But what I do know, is that I have the experience, and the leadership, to confront any challenges that this nation may encounter over the course of my presidency.

Appearance on Hardball with Chris Matthews, to discuss health care

Let me make this clear: I don't support the individual mandate, and I don't support Obamacare - I believe the mandate is unconstitutional. What does make sense is preventing insurers from discriminating based on pre-existing conditions, I'd keep that, but scrap the mandate. And the way you prevent the market from collapsing, the way you prevent a system where premiums go up with unhealthy people entering and healthy ones leaving, is by breaking the monopolies. That's not going to get me anywhere, of course - first call I got in Congress was an insurance PAC, they're big givers, but we've got 50 monopolies in this country. You've got 50 different monopolies raising prices and lowering choices, and the first step in health reform is letting the market actually operate, get rid of this favor the insurance companies bought, make them compete, and right now you just don't have that choice. You need more choices, and you just don't have it - the market is so contorted right now. Now, I may not have been in insurance, but I was in the banking business, and we were improving prices and services if we had a multitude of banks, like the small banks I ran in Louisiana, and not just a few behemoths that everyone buys from. Same with insurance.

Discussion of campaign strategy on Fox Report

Well Shep, I think the campaign strategy I'm pursuing is different from the other candidates, and that it has to be in order to win. I am limited by the $100 contribution limit, and not taking money from PACs or anything, so you're not going to see large-scale fancy TV ads from this campaign like you are from the others. But what you are going to see is getting local - going out to small town America, getting to know average Americans. I'm not holding big fundraisers, because $100 from a rich man is the same as $100 from an average American. What my campaign is is really trying to reach those voters who may not always vote in primaries, who may not be that interested in the process, since it's my firm belief that meeting someone, talking to them, does far more to get them involved than any 30-second commercial ever can. So you're going to see us continue to move forward with our campaign of communicating with small-town America.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2013, 09:57:20 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2013, 02:54:31 PM by JerryArkansas »

Kelly Ayotte's Schedule: From December 5th to December 11, 2011:

December 5th:
-Meet and Greet in Salem, NH
-Lunch with supporters in Berlin, NH
Meet & greet in Dover, NH

December 6th:
Morning breakfast in Dover, NH
Meet and greet in Portmouth, NH
Lunch in North Hampton, NH
Meet and greet in Hampton, NH
Town-hall in Rye, NH

December 7th:
Meet and greet in Eaton, NH
Meet and greet in Derry, NH
Lunch in Wakefield, NH
Townhall in Brookfield, NH

December 8th:
Breakfast with supporters in Concord, NH
Meet and greet in Concord, NH
Lunch in Franklin, NH
Townhall in New Hampton, NH

December 9th:
Meet and greet in Manchester, NH
Meet and greet in South Hookestt, NH
Townhall in Hookestt, NH

December 10th:
Lunch in Rollinsford, NH
Rally in Dover, NH
Fundraiser dinner in Durham, NH

December 11th:
Rest
Appearance on Fox News Sunday.

Endorsement From Sarah Palin

The reason I have endorsed Kelly is for this reason.  She is a conserivtive woman who will help our country.  She is a not a moderate like Daniels.  She is a member of the tea party, and I call on the entire tea party to endorse her.  She is a true hockey mom.

Debate Response
I really don't know.  As president, you learn so many things, things which we have no idea about now.  So there are probably a lot of things I don't know, but you know what, I know what this country needs to succeed, what we need to prosper.  We need a person who will allow for growth.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #179 on: June 01, 2013, 02:47:30 PM »

Mitch Daniels's Schedule: From December 5 to December 11, 2011:

Iowa Tour:

December 5:
Rest in Indianapolis, IN after the National Tour.

December 6:
Fundraiser in Indianapolis, IN.
Fly to Iowa, beginning of a state wide tour with Tim Pawlenty, Scott Walker and Rick Perry.
Barnstorm and Rally in Des Moines, IA.

December 7:
Fundraiser and Rally in Ames, IA.
Barnstorm and Rally in Waterloo, IA.
Barnstorm and Rally in Council Bluffs, IA.

December 8:
Town Hall in Newton, IA.
Town Hall in Indianola, IA.
Town Hall and Barnstorm in Clinton, IA.

"You know, the heart of my concern has to do with the promise of America and we're starting to see that fraying around the edges. And without an America in which people really believe, that even if things are tough today, they are going to be better, and my kids will live better, without a stable, hopeful middle class, we'll lose something even more precious than material well-being, we'll lose the self- governance that we've brought to the world."

December 9:
Bus Tour through Bettendorf, Marion and Cedar Falls, IA.
Opening of New Offices in Iowa.

December 10:
Rally and Barnstorm in Dubuque, IA.
Rally and Barnstorm in Ankeny, IA.
Barnstorm Ames, IA.

December 11:
Appearance in Meet the Press, fly to New Hampshire.
Barnstorm Concord, NH.
Rally in Manchester, NH with John Sununu (both of them), Condi Rice and Dick Lugar.

Announcements, Messages and Other Things:

1.- Debate Answer:

"What I don't know and how will I learn it? That's a question I would gladly dodge... Well, I have been saying this since the beginning of the race, but I have always envied candidates like Herman Cain for that histrionic ability they have, that charisma. I am quite passionate about my beliefs, but being entirely honest about it, I think that this campaign is the best way to improve my charisma and my weaknesses. I have learned many things while being on the campaign trail, and I have learned those lessons from Republicans across the whole country. Things like that only push me to try harder and harder, and I plan on being in this primary for a very long time for that same reason. I even joke with my wife, saying that by the time we get to the Iowa Caucus people might even find me funny."

2.- "Compromise", New Ad to be played in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina:

(Pictures of several rallies and activities of the Daniels Campaign through the National Tour.)

Voice Over: He's leading at the polls, and more than ready to lead something else: our nation. As Governor, Mitch Daniels sailed Indiana through the tough seas of a terrible national economy and created a state that is one of the three best to do business in and for job creation. He came in to office with an $800 million deficit and by 2008, that deficit was turned in to a $1.3 billion surplus. Do you know how he fared in the 2008 election? He won of 51 percent of the youth vote, 67 percent of the elderly, 57 percent of independent voters and even 24 percent of the Democrats in the state. His policies are conservative, and Mitch Daniels has crossover appeal.

Mitch Daniels: Good morning, I'm Governor Mitch Daniels. I believe that a record is more eloquent than words, and that the ability to compromise is something that goes along very well with conservatism. No candidate should be able to speak up for the base and say who can and who cannot lead the party to victory, that's your (the voter) own choice. That's why I approved this message.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #180 on: June 02, 2013, 12:52:48 AM »

Ron Paul Campaign Schedule:

Dec. 5:
Rally in Burlington, IA
Town Hall in Charles City, IA
Appear on Hannity

Dec. 6:
Town Hall in Independence, IA
Rally in Mount Pleasant, IA

Dec. 7:
Town Hall in Urbana, IA
Rally in Washington, IA

Dec. 8:
Rally and speech with Rand Paul in Spencer, IA
Town Hall Q&A in Pleasant Hill, IA

Dec. 9:
Town Hall in Harlan, IA
Q&A in Earlham, IA

Dec. 10:
Rally in Carlisle, IA
Rally in Orange city, IA

Dec. 11:
Rally in Berlin, NH
Rally in Portsmouth, NH

Debate Response:
"What don't I know and how will I learn it? What I don't know is why my colleagues in congress don't want to follow the Constitution! The Congress is 10 years behind the people they represent! How will I learn? For starters I'll meet with every member of congress and then give them a copy of the Constitution, and work to get officials who will follow the Constitution into office.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #181 on: June 03, 2013, 04:50:16 PM »

Just giving this a friendly bump Wink.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2013, 05:41:38 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »

I've been working overtime this weeked since our store started its liquidation sale. I will not be able to update until tomorrow. Sorry guys!!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2013, 07:40:30 PM »

I've been working overtime this weeked since our store started its liquidation sale. I will not be able to update until tomorrow. Sorry guys!!
No problem, I understand Smiley.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #185 on: June 04, 2013, 03:11:53 AM »

Obama Interview With Bloomberg
"Well, if there's any candidate on the Republican side that I like, it'd have to be Governor Daniels. He's just moderate enough to be some tough competition. He's a great voice of moderation for the party, and someone I'd like to see come out on top."- Obama

"Is that an endorsement Mr.President?"- Interviewer

"Sure."- Obama
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #186 on: June 04, 2013, 01:20:04 PM »

The week of December 12th - 18th starts now! Smiley

The New York Times

Polling Update

NATIONAL

Daniels: 30%
Hutchison: 23%
Huckabee: 19%
Huntsman: 10%
Paul: 6%
Ayotte: 6%
Roemer: 3%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 3%

IOWA

Daniels: 24%
Huckabee: 23%
Hutchison: 20%
Paul: 12%
Huntsman: 4%
Ayotte: 1%
Roemer: 1%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 15%

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Ayotte: 20%
Huntsman: 19%
Daniels: 16%
Hutchison: 13%
Huckabee: 7%
Paul: 6%
Roemer: 6%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 13%

ARIZONA

Daniels: 24%
Hutchison: 18%
Huntsman: 15%
Huckabee: 10%
Paul: 8%
Ayotte: 5%
Roemer: 1%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 19%

Daniels Slips, Huckabee Rises

This week was a big one for Mike Huckabee, who had a huge win in the debate. He has moved back into a tie in Iowa, and in South Carolina, picked up a key endorsement. Meanwhile, Daniels could be in hot water soon after receiving praise from President Obama. How will other Republicans respond to the comment made by Obama?

Endorsements:
Ron Paul: Kent Sorenson (IA), Penn Jillette
Kay Bailey Hutchison: Gordon Smith, John Kyl, Jan Brewer, Susana Martinez
Mitch Daniels: Rob Portman, John Kasich, Rob McKenna
Mike Huckabee: Jim Demint (KEY ENDORSEMENT), Steve King (KEY ENDORSEMENT)
Buddy Roemer: Pat Choate, Stephen W. Bosworth, Bob Odell
Jon Huntsman: Richard Hanna, Jim Cason
Kelly Ayotte: Rick Santorum

Debate Grades:
Mike Huckabee - A+
Jon Huntsman - C+
Kay Bailey Hutchison - C
Buddy Roemer - A
Kelly Ayotte - C
Mitch Daniels - B-
Ron Paul - B

Debate Question: 3. If asked, would you support a US contribution to the fund to stabilize the Euro currency? Why or why not?

This turn will be open 48 hours. Please PM me for endorsements. It's difficult for me to reward endorsements when I've received so few requests.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #187 on: June 04, 2013, 01:24:02 PM »

OOC: I know it's just a game,  but still: God dammit! I refuse to go down in flames like Giuliani...
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #188 on: June 04, 2013, 03:35:37 PM »

Huckabee Campaign Schedule: Dec. 12-18

DeMint Endorses Huckabee: Calls him "Reagan-Like"
"I have waited on the sidelines throughout much of this primary process, but as the caucuses and primaries are set to start I should endorse the candidate who will not only unite our party, but defeat President Obama next November so we can get America going again. That person is Governor Mike Huckabee. I have not seen people respond to a candidate with the enthusiasm — with the real energy — that I saw them respond to Romney," DeMint said in a telephone interview. "It was pretty much Reagan-like. I can tell conservatives from my perspective is that, I'm not only comfortable with Huckabee, I'm excited about the real possibility of having him in the White House next January."

King Backs Huckabee at Iowa Rally
"...I'm going to share with you a story of a conversation that the Governor and I had together a few months ago when I met with him. Our conversation went, when you’re in the White House, in the Oval Office, and you’ve heard from all of your advisers, all of the smartest people that you can put together –- it’s [the] toughest decision that a man can make. A mortal can make in this life. And you know that some people are going to live –- maybe live better. And some people are going to die as a result of the decision that you make. How do you make that decision when it’s time to kick all of your advisers out of the room, and close the doors, and turn down the lights? “And Mike Hucakbee said to me, and America, 'I get down on my knees and I ask God.' This is the man we need in the White House. I ask you to join me in supporting him and seeing that he is the nominee!"

HUCKABEE CAMPAIGN STATEMENT: Endorsements
Governor Huckabee is honored to have the backing of two prominent conservatives voices in the party, Representative Steve King and Senator Jim DeMint. Their endorsements echo the sentiment that Governor Huckabee is the true conservative in the race and will unite the party as the nominee as President Obama and the Democrats. He thanks both Senator DeMint and Representative King for their endorsements and looks forward to campaigning with them on the trail.

Dec. 12: Iowa
-Rally in Des Moines, IA with Rep. Steve King
-Town Hall in Clinton, IA with Rep. Steve King
-Rally in Cedar Falls, IA with Rep. Steve King and Sen. Jim DeMint
-Appearance on Hannity with Rep. Steve King and Senator Jim DeMint

Dec. 13: Iowa/South Carolina
-Town Hall in Ames, IA
-Town Hall in Fort Dodge, IA
-Rally in Davenport, IA with Rep. Steve King
-Rally in Charleston, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint
-Town Hall in Columbia, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint
-Town Hall in Myrtle Beach, SC
-Appearance on NBC Night News from Myrtle Beach, SC

Dec. 14: South Carolina
-Town Hall in Greenville, SC
-Town Hall in Lancaster, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint
-Town Hall in Surfside Beach, SC
-Town Hall in Clemson, SC
-Town Hall in Charleston, SC

Dec. 15: Iowa
-Town Hall in Iowa City, IA
-Town Hall in Dubuque, IA
-Town Hall in Grimes, IA
-Phone Banking in Ames, IA
-Appearance on World News Night from Ames, IA

Dec. 16: Colorado/Arizona
-Town Hall in Boulder, CO
-Fundraiser in Denver, Co
-Town Hall in Phoenix, AZ
-Town Hall in Scottsdale, AZ

Dec. 17: Iowa
-Rally in Mason City, IA with Rep. King
-Town Hall in Spencer, IA
-Fundraiser in Waterloo, IA with Rep. King
-Rally in Waterloo, IA

Dec. 18: South Carolina
-Rally in Charleston, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint
-Town Hall in Oak Grove, SC
-Town Hall in Port Royal, SC
-Town Hall in Rock Hill, SC
-Rally in Jackson, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint

DeMint on the Campaign Trail in Camden, SC
“The sooner we can make a decision, the sooner we can focus on the real problem, which is Obama."

King Praises Huckabee in Iowa Tour
"I want you to stand with me. All Republicans, all conservatives, all people of common sense to stand with me and support Governor Huckabee to be the next President of the United States."

Huckabee Campaigns in Iowa
"Our campaign has a new found energy and momentum. We're going all the way! We're going to win the nomination and we're going to win this election!"

Huckabee Debate Response:
"I would not. Europe needs to sort out itself and its own financial matters, while America needs to worry about our own economic stability here at home. While I acknowledge that all nations are connected in this vast geopolitical world, it is not the United States' responsibility to bailout any European country."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #189 on: June 04, 2013, 03:49:39 PM »

Hannity on Huckabee (Dec. 12, 2011)

Hannity: What do you make of the President's recent praise of Governor Daniels and how in his own words called him moderate enough to be some tough competition. He's a great voice of moderation for the party, and someone I'd like to see come out on top.

Huckabee: Sean, this is the case I've been making all the along and President Obama summed it up perfectly for me. Governor Daniels is not a true conservative. He's a moderate's moderate, pretending to be one in order to pander to the base. The President wants to run against Governor Daniels because he knows he can be defeated. He's the weakest candidate we could put up against President Obama and his praise only proves it.

Hannity: Does this so-called endorsement hurt or help Governor Daniels?

Huckabee: [Chuckles] In a Republican primary? It most certainly will hurt him going forward.

Hannity: I can see the ads coming...
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #190 on: June 04, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2013, 04:37:06 PM by Spiral »

Jesse Ventura Campaign Schedule: December 12 - December 18

December 12
-Rally and Fundraiser in Austin, TX
-Rally and Fundraiser in Dallas, TX
-Rally and Fundraiser in Houston, TX
-Rally and Fundraiser in San Antonio, TX

Texas has always been a place that prides itself in its independence. Well, I'll have you know that I'm the same way! I don't curtail to the Democrat-Republican way of politics that has plagued this country for so long. Whenever I've run for office, I've always been an independent man, who doesn't blindly follow orders from my higher-ups. I think for myself, and I care about the people that I represent, unlike the vast majority of politicians today, being partisan for the sake of helping out their own party. Perhaps concern for the people is third or fourth on their list of priorities. And let me make it very clear to all of you out there: concern for the people is number one on my list!

December 13
-Appearance on Good Morning America
-Town Hall in Gillette, WY
-Town Hall in Laramie, WY
-Rally and Fundraiser in Casper, WY
-Rally and Fundraiser in Cheyenne, WY

December 14
-Town Hall in Idaho Falls, ID
-Rally in Meridian, ID
-Rally in Nampa, ID
-Rally and Fundraiser in Boise, ID

December 15
-Town Hall in York, ME
-Town Hall in Waterville, ME
-Town Hall in Saco, ME
-Rally and Fundraiser in Portland, ME

Let me tell you, people are ready to make a change. I can just feel it in the air at this point. They're sick of the pointless games played by the two political gangs in this country, holding us as hostages in the process. They've wrecked our economy, they've put us all in massive debt, they've peeled back our freedoms, and they've sent our kids to die abroad. How can you really justify all this? It's very clear that they won't reverse course on any of this, so something must be done. That's where I come in. If you vote me into office, I'll do everything in my power to break the two-party dictatorship and return control back to the people, where it rightly belongs.

December 16
-Town Hall in Wasilla, AK
-Town Hall in College, AK
-Town Hall in Sitka, AK
-Rally in Anchorage, AK
-Appearance on Freedom Watch

Judge, we're losing our freedoms as we speak. The government has been systematically dismantling the Constitution and its civil liberties that it provides citizens. Ungodly laws like the PATRIOT Act have made total surveillance a reality that's being ignored by most of the guys up there in Washington, who just push that further. The people can't assemble or protest anymore without fear of police abuse, like what we've seen with the Occupy Wall Street movement. What's worse, you can't even be secure in getting due process as an American citizen before getting the punishment of a crime, as seen by Anwar Al-Awlaki's death by drone in Yemen. This is just insane.

December 17
-Town Hall in Lakeville, MN
-Town Hall in Burnsville, MN
-Town Hall in Mankato, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Brooklyn Park, MN

December 18
-Town Hall in Edina, MN
-Town Hall in Apple Valley, MN
-Town Hall in Maplewood, MN
-Town Hall in White Bear Lake, MN

[OOC: I'm curious to see some general election polls, so we can see how I and the Republicans stack up against Obama at the moment.]
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #191 on: June 04, 2013, 06:13:44 PM »

Herman Cain campaigning for Mitch Daniels in Iowa!

"There are two types of conservatives in my view: Conservatives that talk the talk, and conservatives that walk the walk. Mike Huckabee talks conservative all the time, he even gets paid for it, and that's nice, but when you look at his liberal liberal record in Arkansas, you realize he talks the talk, but never walks the walk. By comparison, Mitch Daniels is a man who walks every single day in conservative values. Mitch Daniels made Indiana better by being a conservative, not a moderate who talks big like a conservative. Mitch Daniels is the conservative, not Huckabee, and we need conservatives on the grassroots to understand that! We need Walkers! Not Talkers!"
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #192 on: June 04, 2013, 07:46:40 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2013, 07:48:13 PM by LumineVonReuental »

Mitch Daniels Press Conference in Phoenix, AZ, December 13:

Reporter N°1: Governor, what are your thoughts on the current state on the race?

Daniels: Some people have been certainly downplaying our chances. Still, nothing farther from the truth. We're still leading the polls, we have good polling in the early states, and we just received the endorsement of Rob Portman, John Kasich and Rob McKenna, and I could not be more thankful for their support, the same case with Herman Cain and his Iowa campaign.

Reporter N°2: But, Governor, don't you think that the attacks made by Governor Huckabee and the "endorsement" the President gave you will seriously hurt your campaign?

Daniels: No, not really. And I will give you several reasons: First, I don't think that many Republicans are really concerned about what the President has to say about our primary (otherwise they would be voting in the Democratic Primary, right?). Second, I think Governor Huckabee is being really childish with this whole "you're a moderate and I'm Mr. Conservative!", and the voters know that. And third, I will just quote what Mr. Cain said the past day: "There are conservatives that just talk the talk."

Reporter N°3: Are you planning to go the negative, Governor?

Daniels: I didn't want to, but if Gov. Huckabee wants a fight, he will have one. I don't plan to use attack ads just yet, but I have a small challenge for him. I hereby challenge Mike Huckabee to best me and win the Iowa Caucuses, and prove his bizarre and self-glorifying notion that he is the sole voice of conservatives in this race. Until then, he'll just be the guy who uses President Obama's words to justify himself, and I think voters will find that very eloquent. Thank you very much.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #193 on: June 04, 2013, 07:59:07 PM »

In the News: More endorsements for the Daniels Campaign!:

Governor John Kasich:

"The biggest issue in this presidential election will be who can make the economy stronger so that America's families can be stronger. I'm for Mitch Daniels because he's got the proven experience as a manager and as a job creator that America needs right now. The progress we’ve made in Ohio is hampered by a White House that can’t make up its mind and which can’t set the right course for our economy, and I look forward to working with him to make his campaign in Ohio and across the country a success."

Senator Rob Portman:

"Daniels is the one candidate who will be able to defeat President Obama in November and bring conservative change to Washington. He has been a lifelong leader who has shown how to bring people together to turn around tough situations.  And right now, that's exactly what our nation needs. Americans can be proud to stand behind Mitch: he has balanced budgets, cut taxes, and created jobs. It is an honor to endorse such a committed public servant."

Washington Attorney General Rob McKenna:

"His résumé suggests the broadest capacity to engage the President and drive a clarifying discussion about where the president and Daniels himself stand on issues of war and peace, health care, the economy and jobs, the environment and personal liberties. I say this to you: Daniels is well equipped to be President."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #194 on: June 04, 2013, 08:02:46 PM »

Huckabee Ad: Endorsed? (Airing in Iowa/South Carolina)

What Does President Obama Have to Say About Fellow Republican Mitch Daniels?

"Well, if there's any candidate on the Republican side that I like, it'd have to be Governor Daniels. He's just moderate enough to be some tough competition. He's a great voice of moderation for the party, and someone I'd like to see come out on top."- Barack Obama

"Is that an endorsement Mr.President?"- Interviewer

"Sure."- Barack Obama

A Republican endorsed by Barack Obama is a Republican Easily Defeated by Barack Obama.

Vote for the conservative candidate who can defeat Barack Obama, not one Endorsed by Barack Obama.

Mike Huckabee, The Conservative Choice, The Right Choice.

"I'm Mike Huckabee and I approve this message."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2013, 08:15:48 PM »

Jon Huntsman December 12th-18th.

December 12th:
10:00 AM: Meet and Greet with elderly voters at the Victorian Heights Retirement Home in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
12:00 PM: Meeting students and teachers at Portsmouth High School, Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
2:00 PM: Meeting city council members at Portsmouth City Hall, in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
5:00 PM-10:00 PM: Touring the University of New Hampshire, mingling with students in Durham, New Hampshire.

December 13th:
8:00 AM-12:00 PM: Touring a farm in Barrington, New Hampshire.
2:00 PM: Rally in Rochester, New Hampshire.
5:00 PM: Rally in Laconia, New Hampshire.
7:00 PM: Rally in Meredith, New Hampshire.

December 14th:
10:00 AM: Rally in Plymouth, New Hampshire.
9:00 PM: Fundraiser dinner with Charlie Crist and George Pataki at the Balsam Resort in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire.

December 15th:
9:00 AM: Meet and Greet in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire.
12:00 PM: Rally in Berlin, New Hampshire.
2:00 PM: Rally in Jackson, New Hampshire.
5:00 PM: Rally in Lincoln, New Hampshire.
8:00 PM: Public “house party” fundraiser at House of Pizza in Ashland, New Hampshire.

December 16th: No events planned, resting with Mary Kaye and the youngest two daughters in Dixville Notch.

December 17th:
10:00 AM: Rally in Franklin, New Hampshire.
12:00 PM: Rally in Concord, New Hampshire.
2:00 PM: Rally in Hillsborough, New Hampshire.
4:00 PM: Meet and Greet with students at Keene State College.

December 18th:
10:00 AM: Rally in Keene, New Hampshire.
12:00 PM: Rally in Claremont, New Hampshire.
2:00 PM: Rally in Newport, New Hampshire.
4:00 PM: Meet and Greet in Bradford, New Hampshire.
8:00 PM: Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire.

"The Euro zone crisis is vastly important to the world, and is a strong threat to international economic stability. To have a successful fiscal union, like the United States has a fiscal union, you need labor mobility just to begin the conversation. At this time, Europe does not have close to the amount of labor mobility that you need to get the ball rolling again. Some of the wealthier European states will have to bail out the failing ones to maintain the Euro. And that’s exactly what should be done-the wealthier European states. This economic crisis is a European creation, and Europe should clean up the mess they made for the rest of the world. I will not bail out the Euro when Germany, who stands far more to benefit from it than we will, can do it, especially when we are drowning in debt to China."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #196 on: June 04, 2013, 08:25:17 PM »

Mitch Daniels's Schedule: From December 12 to December 18, 2011:

The Challenge:

December 12: (With Rick Perry)
Bus Tour and Rally in Charleston, SC.
Town Hall in Greenville, SC.
Bus Tour and Rally in Columbia, SC.
Town Hall in Summerville, SC.

December 13: (With Dan and Ben Quayle)
Fundraiser and Barnstorm in Phoenix, AZ.
Rally in Phoenix, AZ.
Barnstorm and Rally in Tucson, AZ.

December 14: (With Brian Sandoval)
Fundraiser and Rally in Reno, NV.
Barnstorm and Rally in Las Vegas, NV.
Barnstorm and Rally in Henderson, NV.

December 15: (With John Kasich, Rob Portman and Tim Pawlenty)
Barnstorm and Rally in Ames, IA.
Barnstorm and Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Bus Tour in Dubuque and Ankeny, IA.

December 16: (With John Kasich, Rob Portman and Tim Pawlenty)
Town Hall in Bettendorf, IA.
Town Hall in Marion, IA.
Fundraiser and Rally in Cedar Falls, IA.

"Media bias is not the only thing Republicans have to live with.  We need to tackle the stereotype that we are not empathetic. It is important to reach as many people as you can and make an effort not to drive anyone away. We need to communicate to people that we get it.  We understand what is making them fearful and troubling them in their lives and that is also our first concern. We should be unapologetic for a pro-growth policy. We need to get more people working and have more money coming in to pay off our national bill. The safety net programs should be means-tested. We need to paint a detailed optimistic picture to move back towards the America of promise."

December 17: (With Steve Forbes, Scott Walker and Rick Snyder)
Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
Barnstorm Des Moines, IA.
Rally in Des Moines, IA.

December 18:
Opening of New Offices through Iowa, debate training, then rest.

Announcements, Messages and Other Things:

1.- Debate Answer:

"I think that this question is about whether I would support an American tax-payer funded bailout of European banksters, and to that I would say no. As Republicans, our first concern is  here, right now, for those waiting tonight to begin or resume the climb up life's ladder. We do not accept that ours will ever be a nation of haves and have nots; we must always be a nation of haves and soon to haves. In our economic stagnation and indebtedness, we are only a short distance behind Greece, Spain, and those other European countries now facing economic catastrophe. But ours is a fortunate land. Because the world uses our dollar for trade, we have a short grace period to deal with our dangers. But time is running out, if we are to avoid the fate of Europe, and those once-great nations of history that fell from the position of world leadership."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #197 on: June 04, 2013, 08:55:02 PM »

OOC: Ad attacks? Very well then, here we go!

"The Conservative who Talks the Talk", New Daniels Ad to be played in Iowa, Minnesota and South Carolina:

Voiceover: During the last days, Mike Huckabee has claimed to be the conservative choice and the conservative voice of the Republican Party... But, isn't he forgetting something?

Voiceover: In his tenure as Governor he presided over a net tax increase of $505 million, he hiked state spending 65.3%, the number of state employees increased over 20% and Arkansas' general obligation debt rose by almost $1 billion. Huckabee supported a sales tax hike; gas and diesel fuel tax hikes; another sales tax hike; a cigarette tax hike; a nursing home bed tax; another sales tax hike; an income surcharge tax; a tobacco tax hike; taxes on Internet access; and higher beer taxes.

Voiceover: And yet, he claims to be the sole conservative choice, when he knows full well that there are other six candidates more conservative than him. He likes to call Mitch Daniels a moderate, but Gov. Daniels is a proven conservative leader in his mind, his words and his record.

Daniels: I know where I stand, and I think you know as well. But does Governor Huckabee really know? That's why I approved this ad.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #198 on: June 04, 2013, 10:14:48 PM »

Huckabee Ad: Tax Increase? (Airing in Iowa/South Carolina)

President Obama's solution to balance the budget and fix the economy?

Raise Taxes.

Governor Mitch Daniels' solution to balance the budget and fix the economy?

"At some stage there could well be a tax increase...” (Sept. 2010, Newsweek)

Raise Taxes.

In Indiana, Mitch Daniels Proposed Raising Taxes On Individuals, Non-Profits And Companies During The Recession. (Fort Wayne Journal Gazette, 2/5/10)

In Indiana, Daniels Raised The Sales Tax and Cigarette Tax.(AP , 3/8/11)

Barack Obama's Plan: Raise your Taxes!

Mitch Daniels' Plan: Raise your Taxes!

Mitch Daniels. With a record like that it's easy to see why he's Barack Obama's favorite Republican.

"I'm Mike Huckbee, I approve this message."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #199 on: June 04, 2013, 10:56:45 PM »

Daniels Campaign Statement:

We believe that the recent Huckabee Ad, "Tax Increase?" is misleading and does not represent the actual views of Governor Daniels. Why? Most of those supposed tax increases were mere proposals that had to be at least discussed during the recession. Gov. Daniels managed to balance the budget without the help of this minor increases, and he did so by reducing the Government size, which is more than what could be said about the wasteful spending and the severe tax increases in Arkansas. However, if Gov. Huckabee wants to take the President's words for granted and attack Gov. Daniels for those comments with no qualms about it, that's his choice.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies