2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:01:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 37
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 81043 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: June 14, 2013, 11:42:21 PM »

Mitch Daniels's Schedule: From December 26 to January 1, 2012:

Before the Iowa Storm:

December 26: (With Rick Perry and John Kasich)
Town Hall in Ankeny, IA.
Town Hall in Urbandale, IA.
Barnstorm in Council Bluffs, IA.

December 27: (With Tim Pawlenty and Steve Forbes)
Bus Tour in Sioux City, IA.
Bus Tour in Iowa City, IA.
Barnstorm in Waterloo, IA.

December 28: (With Brian Sandoval and Rob Portman)
Barnstorm in Ames, IA.
Rally in Ames, IA.
Barnstorm in Davenport, IA.

"In recent years, the total debt level for all other states has increased by 35 percent, and that doesn't count their massive unfunded pensions burden. Here in Indiana, by cutting our debt more than half, we have freed up millions of future revenue for better uses, and told the job creators of the world that here is one place of low taxes and fiscal stability. We have diligently worked over the last eight years helping to spearhead the concept that our state must live within its means. We will continue to lead with fiscal integrity, and I'm quite sure that we will achieve success in reducing debt and making strategic investments in the future."

December 29: (With Condi Rice and Dick Lugar)
Barnstorm Cedar Rapids, IA.
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Town Hall in Bettendorf, IA.

December 30: (With Scott Walker and Rick Snyder)
Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
Barnstorm Des Moines, IA.
Rally in Des Moines, IA.

"We can all agree that the president did inherit a mess, but it's not the first time it's ever happened. He's done less with the mess than anyone else ever did. Ronald Reagan inherited a bigger one and had a roaring economy already by this stage. This is the weakest recovery, at least in the post-war period, if not ever, given the depth of the recession that we were in. With regard to how we get out of it, you can start by saying we couldn't do worse than the policy mix of this president -- gigantic new spending, gigantic new taxes, a takeover of 18 percent or 19 percent of the economy in the Obamacare bill. Anything would be better than that. But you know, the president -- apparently, nothing in his life has acquainted him with where jobs and wealth come from. He has no ear at all for the small business of this country. They're the ones on the receiving end of all of his new taxes. And, you know, frankly, I guess he never is going to get it."

December 31:
Rest during the morning.
Spend the afternoon with a final strategy meeting before the Caucus.
New Year's Party in Des Moines, Iowa.

January 1:
Joining with Tim Pawlenty, John Kasich, Rick Perry and Steve Forbes to prepare for the final rallies.
Campaign Stops in Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City and Iowa City.

Announcements, Messages and Other Things:

1.- The Des Moines Register endorses Daniels!:

American voters are deeply divided about this race. The Register’s editorial board, as it should, had a vigorous debate over this endorsement. Our discussion repeatedly circled back to the nation’s single most important challenge: pulling the economy out of the doldrums, getting more Americans back in the workforce in meaningful jobs with promising futures, and getting the federal government on a track to balance the budget in a bipartisan manner that the country demands.

Which candidate could forge the compromises in Congress to achieve these goals? When the question is framed in those terms, Mitch Daniels emerges the stronger candidate. The Governor, White House Budget Director and business executive has a strong record of achievement in both the private and the public sectors. He was an accomplished governor in the state of Indiana. He ran a successful business, and he presided over successful budgets. Mitch Daniels is the man for the job.

2.- Remarks after New Year's Party:

"I'm confident that we will win Iowa, that people will recognize that we can (and we will) bring what America needs to the table. Going beyond partisan rhetoric, this is an election that involved a real and deep choice. Do we want four more years of economic and fiscal woes, or do we want four new years of successful leadership? I'm counting on you, Iowa!"

3.- Final Iowa Ad: The Choice:

(Images of previous Iowa Caucuses)

Voice Off: In a few more days, Iowa voters will get the chance to start the primary process by voting for the candidate they consider most able to challenge President Obama and retake the White House for the Republican Party. In a field of capable and known candidates, the decision can be really hard. But I know who I will be voting for: Mitch Daniels.

(Several Republican leaders appear on screen)

Herman Cain: I'm for Mitch because he walks the walk of a real conservative.
John Kasich: I'm for Mitch because he will defeat President Obama.
Steve Forbes: I'm for Mitch because he can balance the budget.
Condi Rice: I'm for Mitch because he knows what America needs.
Tim Pawlenty: I'm for Mitch Daniels because he is the right man for the job.

Mitch Daniels: If the goal is results and not just scoring points, and not just the partial victory of winning an election, if we're going to save this country, if we're going to redeem the American dream, then we're going to have to be in this together. The dangers we face are, are of equal threat to every one of us. And I know that we will find the way out of these troubled times. Thus I ask you, Iowa, for your vote in the Caucuses. Thank you very much.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #226 on: June 15, 2013, 01:17:21 AM »

Herman Cain makes a statement before the Iowa Contests

"You know what I say, if it's right, do it tonight! Vote for Mitch Daniels tonight, because he's not feedin you no quacky dacky macky packy like them other candidates out there on the field. Daniels will be scorin points but he can't do it alone, he needs the people, to shut up the quacky and bring in with the honest government with policies that will fix these problems and aim at these priorities and such. Mitch Daniels is our MAN in the WHITE HOUSE who can LEAD THIS GREAT NATION!"
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #227 on: June 15, 2013, 08:25:50 AM »

Huckabee Iowa Ad: Man for the Job

VO: "Iowans face a decision in a few days. A chance to vote for a man who will repeal Obamacare, balance the budget without raising taxes, restore America's leadership at home and abroad and ensure that the American Dream exists for today and tomorrow's generations.

The man for the job is Mike Huckabee. A tested, trusted, effective common sense conservative who will defeat Barack Obama and put America back on a path of greatness.

Huckabee: "I will work with all of my soul and energy to see that America is not only made great again, but ensure an ever lasting greatness from now until forever..."

"I'm Mike Huckabee and I approve this message."
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #228 on: June 15, 2013, 10:20:33 AM »

Mitch Daniels will put an end on this primary quite soon =)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2013, 11:27:32 AM »

Mitch Daniels will put an end on this primary quite soon =)

I sincerely hope so, but the ghost of Rudy Giuliani is still right behind me...
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2013, 12:14:44 PM »

Kelly Ayotte Schedule December 26th-Jan 1st, 2011-12

New Hampshire

December 26th:
-Meet and Greet in Londonderry, N.H.
-Lunch with supporters in Portsmouth, N.H.
-Meet & greet in Portsmouth, N.H.

December 27th:
-Morning breakfast in Pelham, N.H.
-Meet and greet in Pelham, N.H.
-Lunch in Laconia, N.H.
-Meet and greet in Boscawen, N.H.
-Town-hall inWolfeboro, N.H.

Kelly at Town Hall in Wolfeboro, N.H.

December 28th:
-Meet and greet in Bow, N.H.
-Meet and greet in Portsmouth, N.H.
-Lunch in Etna, N.H.
-Townhall in Barrington, N.H.

December 29th:
-Meet and greet in Merrimack, New Hampshire
-Meet and greet in Concord, N.H.
-Townhall in Canterbury, N.H

December 30rd:
-Breakfast with supporters in Hampton, N.H.
-Meet and greet in Campton, N.H.
-Lunch in Washington, N.H.
-Townhall in Washington, N.H.

December 31st:
-Rally in Hancock, N.H.
-Lunch in Hudson, N.H.
-Rally in Hudson, N.H.
-Fundraiser dinner in Concord, N.H.

Jan 1st:
-Townhall in North Hampton, N.H.
-Rally in Deerfield, N.H.
-Rally in Deerfield, N.H.

Speech on the race to white house.

Now, many people in the media may think that I am in this race for the luz of it.  Some think I am not ready for a run for the white house.  There is something we all as rep need to know, this race is going to be the hardest one we will ever face.  It will be nasty, grueling, and Obama will try and bring us down to petty politics. We need someone to run who will be above that type of politics, someone who will run on the issues at hand, and not be like some in our primary.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #231 on: June 15, 2013, 02:31:01 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2013, 10:00:32 PM by MadmanMotley »

Ron Paul Campaign Schedule:

Dec. 26:
Speech at University of Iowa of Individual Liberty
Rally in Ames, IA

Dec. 27:
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
Town Hall in Cherokee, IA

Dec. 28:
Rally in Urbandale, IA
Meet and greet in Perry, IA
Speech in Davenport, IA

Dec. 29:
Town Hall in Newton, IA
Rally in Iowa City, IA

Dec. 30:
Rally in Waterloo, IA
Town Hall in Waverly, IA

Dec. 31:
Town Hall in Nevada, IA
Rally, Speech and New Years event in Ames, IA

Jan. 1:
Town Hall in Webster City
Rally in Fort Dodge

Ad to run in IASad/b]
It's time Iowans. The Man who has defended your liberties and the constitution needs your help. Your voice will be a deciding factor in this race. YOUR VOICE CAN SHOUT AND RING OUT THROUGH THE NATION, "RON PAUL!" Come January 3rd. Vote Ron Paul. He's stood up for your rights, now help him stand tall.

Excerpt from Speech on New Years:

"Tonight is a new beginning for America! This new year we can bring about a message of liberty throughout the nation! This year we will fight, and we will win!"

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #232 on: June 16, 2013, 08:10:07 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2013, 09:03:22 PM by Emperor SJoyce »

Buddy Roemer for President: Free To Lead

Week of December 26 - January 3: Reintroducing myself to Iowans voters - busy days

December 26th:
Rally in Davenport, IA
Meet and greet, West Burlington, IA
Meet and greet, Ottumwa, IA
Townhall in Creston, IA

Hello again, Iowa! I'm Governor Buddy Roemer, and I'd just like to say how great it is to be back in the American heartland. Don't think I've forgotten about y'all! I've been a little busy in New Hampshire and elsewhere, true, but I'm focusing on spreading my message of real reform of a broken Washington to everywhere I can, and I'll be spending the next week here in Iowa to try to get that message out to as many people as I can. Won't be easy - not without the big donors and the Super PAC money that my opponents have and I don't - but I'll do my best to reach out to as many people as I can, visiting cities as big as Des Moines to ones as small as Calmar, up in northeastern Iowa, bit less than a thousand people there - and I believe that the people here will be really receptive to my message. Not a lot of folks round here want to have big moneymen buying their elections. They want protections for the common man, for main street, and those policies would be pursued by a Roemer administration - and the ones that would create a clear contrast between my candidacy and that of President Obama in November. And don't tell anyone, but I have a feeling that we're going to do a lot better here than the polls say, once we get our message out, and once I start going, from block to block from town to town, talking to ordinary Americans about how we can make our country great again.

December 27th:
Breakfast in Council Bluffs, IA
Lunch in Sioux City, IA
Rally in Sioux City, IA
Meet and greet in Sheldon, IA
Townhall in Estherville, IA

December 28th:
Meet and greet in Mason City, IA
Lunch in Calmar, IA
Meet and greet in Waterloo, IA
Townhall in Cedar Rapids, IA

December 29th:
Meet and greet in Marshalltown, IA
Lunch in Iowa Falls, IA
Meet and greet in Fort Dodge, IA
Townhall in Ankeny, IA

December 30th
Service at First United Methodist Church, Des Moines, IA
Lunch in Indianola, NH
Meet and greet in Pella, IA
Meet and greet in Grinnell, IA
Dinner in Oskaloosa, NH
Townhall in Mount Pleasant, IA

December 31st:
Coffee in Mount Vernon, IA
Lunch in Cedar Rapids, IA
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
Dinner in Dubuque, IA
Rally in Dubuque, IA
Townhall in Decorah, IA

Job creation? Well, here's how I know about job creation - I created jobs. As Governor of Louisiana we cut unemployment in half, but more than that, I'm a small business owner, I have a bank down in Louisiana that's been pretty successful and has created a bunch of jobs. I built my own business, and I can take that experience in job creation to the White House. As the CEO of a bank, I have to choose which companies and people to give loans to, and which ones don't make the cut, aren't good investments. So you won't get a big waste of taxpayer dollars like Solyndra. But when I get to the White house, one of the main things I'd do is focus on trade. Right now we've got this thing for free trade, and I'm not totally for free trade - free trade needs to be between free countries, and some countries like China simply aren't. So we need smart trade, reform trade policies. We also need some tax reform - not so much just cutting rates, but simplifying the system. Getting rid of deductions and loopholes that let the super-rich hide their money away from taxes - well, GE paid no taxes last year, and they're making a hell of a lot more than you or I - and making the system cleaner, simpler, make it so the special interests can't hide in our million-word tax code, and so that everyone pays a fair, low rate. And then you've got energy independence - there are thousands of jobs in the energy sector, just waiting to be unlocked. There are many many ways that we can create jobs, right here, but no way we can do that if our politicians continue to be the same lobbyist-owned guys we've had again and again. We need a real change, and that's what I'm offering.

January 1st:
Breakfast in Waverly, IA
Meet and greet in Storm Lake, IA
Lunch in Sioux City, IA
Rally in Sioux City, IA
Meet and greet in Orange City, IA
Townhall in Sioux Center, IA
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #233 on: June 17, 2013, 11:40:43 AM »

January 2nd and 3rd starts now!!!

The New York Times

Polling Update

NATIONAL

Daniels: 27%
Hutchison: 25%
Huckabee: 18%
Huntsman: 10%
Paul: 8%
Ayotte: 6%
Roemer: 3%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 3%

IOWA

Huckabee: 24%
Daniels: 24%
Hutchison: 23%
Paul: 16%
Huntsman: 4%
Ayotte: 2%
Roemer: 2%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 5%

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Ayotte: 23%
Huntsman: 21%
Hutchison: 17%
Daniels: 14%
Roemer: 7%
Huckabee: 6%
Paul: 4%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 8%

It's Caucus Time!

Another exciting week in the 2012 Primary Race! Some headlines:

Mitch Daniel's debate performance: Is he running for President or Governor?

Kay Bailey Hutchison: Wishy-Washy on Abortion?

Are the candidates staying too positive?

Iowa Polling: (Top 4 Only)

PPP:
Daniels: 25
Hutchison: 23
Huckabee: 21
Paul: 15

Insider Advantage:
Huckabee: 24
Daniels: 23
Hutchison: 20
Paul: 18

ARG:
Huckabee: 23
Daniels: 22
Paul: 17

WAA:
Huckabee: 27
Daniels: 22
Hutchison: 22
Paul: 14

Rasmussen:
Daniels: 24
Paul: 16

Iowa State University:
Hutchison: 25
Daniels: 24
Paul: 14

This turn will be open 48 hours. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS TURN IS ONLY TWO DAYS! I'd encourage you to make these two days as detailed as possible, as it is down to the wire in Ioa (and NH)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #234 on: June 17, 2013, 12:22:22 PM »

Huckabee: Campaign Schedule

Jan. 2: Iowa
-Rally in Des Moines, IA with Chuck Norris
-Meet and Greet at Pizza Ranch in Ames, IA
-Rally in Clinton, IA
-Town Hall in Council Bluffs, IA
-Town Hall in Clear Lake, IA
-Town Hall in Fort Dodge, IA
-Town Hall in Iowa City, IA
-Rally in Sioux City, IA
-Meet and Greet at Woody's Smoke Shack in Des Moines, IA
-Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA with Chuck Norris
-Midnight Rally at HQ in Ames, IA

Norris Campaigns for Huckabee in Des Moines, IA
"This is a good man. He is a man of integrity. He is a man of resolve. He is a man of faith. He is a man of principle, conservative principles remember. He has the backbone to not go the old politics are usual route. He will standup to the Washington power-brokers and the special interests. He will stand for the American people and enact the policies our country needs to get it moving once more. This is a man who believe in and understand free enterprise, understands what it takes to create jobs in America. I trust him, I believe in him and Iowa I ask you to standup and help make Mike Huckabee the next President of the United States! You're it Iowa. Iowa has a chance to repeat history from four years ago, but this time put Mike Huckabee on the path to the nomination and to the White House! We're counting on you!"

Huckabee Stops at a Diner in Ames, IA

Huckabee Campaigns in Clinton, IA
To a crowd of over 2,500 Iowans Mike Huckabee made what his campaign called 'the closing arguments to votes' amid the crucial Iowa Caucuses.

Jan. 3: Iowa Caucuses
-Appearance on Good Morning America from Des Moines, IA
-Meet and Greet at CJ's Bagel Basket in Des Moines, IA
-Meet and Greet at Jimmy Jack's Rib Shack in Iowa City, IA
-Rally in Cedar Falls, IA with Chuck Norris, Sen. Rep. King & Sen. DeMint
-Rally in Davenport, IA with Chuck Norris
-Victory Rally in Des Moines, IA

Huckabee Makes the final pitch to Voters in Iowa
"I get it. I understand the concerns of the American people, I understand the challenges, and I also understand that it is going to take conservative principles to make this country work again. I will standup to Barack Obama and defeat him in November...I have a special place for Iowa in my heart, four years ago this state brought me onto the national scene and championed the cause of that campaign. Tonight I ask for you, Iowa to help me do it again, but this time to make this the state that helps win me the nomination. Thank you and God Bless."

Midnight Rally for Huckabee
AP Des Moines, IA (Jan. 3, 2012)
Ahead of the critical Iowa Caucuses Mike Huckabee closed out a day of campaigning around the state with a final rally at his headquarters in Des Moines. To a pack crowd, Huckabee gathered with his supporters outside and sounded an optimistic, but cautious tone. When asked about the polls showing a tight three-way race, Huckabee chose not to acknowledge his other opponents, Governor Daniels and Senator Hutchinson, but did say, "We're going to have a good night, that I can tell you." When pressed if a loss in the Caucuses would hurt his campaign, Huckabee didn't respond only saying, "We're focusing on one state at a time."
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #235 on: June 17, 2013, 02:56:36 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2013, 02:59:28 PM by Clinton1996 »

Obama Schedule for Week of January 2nd
"Toledo, I think we're seeing a Republican Reformation. After the midterms, I was sure they'd field some extremist Tea Party Candidate. But it looks like they'll be going with a moderate like Daniels or Hutchinson. They will make this race even harder. Don't be fooled thou. Mitch served for years as George Bush's Budget Director, and had a major hand in our skyrocketing debt. Over my term, I've actually cut the deficit by billions of dollars, and the Budget Reconciliation Act of 2011 will cut it by a trillion more. But Senator Hutchinson, now there's a Republican I like. She's pro-choice, and proud of it. Too bad the rest of her policies are so atrocious. We can't let them take us back to where we were!"- Obama at Official Kick-Off Rally

1/2/2012
-Flight to Ohio
-Campaign Kick-Off in Toledo, OH
-Rally in  Cincinnati, OH
-Flight to Virginia

1/3/2012
-Rally in Alexandria, VA
-Rally in Newport News, VA
-Meet and Greet in Arlingotn, VA

"The Republicans drove our economy into a ditch. So we got down there, we put on our boots and we pushed and we shoved and we were sweatin’. And there’s the Republicans, watching us. They’re sippin’ on a slurpee. They were pointing at us, saying, “How come you’re not pushing harder? How come you’re not pushing faster?” When we finally get the car onto level ground, heading in the right direction, they see the scratches and shout to everyone, “Look what these guys did to your car!” And then they’ve got the nerve to ask for the keys back! I don’t wanna give ‘em the keys back. They don’t know how to drive!"

1/4/2012
-Flight to Iowa
-Rally in Des Moines, IA
-Meet and Greet in Iowa City, IA
"Tonight, Republicans across the state of Iowa will go to choose their nominee. Now, if you didn't know, Iowa is the state that launched my campaign 4 years ago. Republican Hopefuls will ask for you to so two things in November; One, forget everything they've done to hinder the recovery over the past four years and before that, when they caused the downturn. Second, they'll ask you for your vote. Are you gonna give them the chance to come back in and finish the job they started? Destroying what was once our thriving middle class with more tax cuts for the one percent?"

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #236 on: June 17, 2013, 04:47:56 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2013, 04:52:15 PM by Emperor SJoyce »

This ad is set to air on local TV stations in the Des Moines, Cedar Rapids-Waterloo, Davenport-Quad Cities, and Ottumwa-Kirksville media markets - and two days from now will be appearing in the Burlington and Boston media markets.

New :30 Roemer Ad: The Candidate They Don't Want You To Hear

[Image of Obama, clip of lots of money, image of Hillary Clinton, zoom on Capitol Hill]

Roemer VO: You know who the largest corporate giver is to corporations in Washington?

[Video of Roemer on Morning Joe, then zoom on Goldman Sachs sign]

Roemer: Goldman Friggin Sachs

[Image of Roemer]

Male VO: Meet the candidate.

[Clip of Roemer on Dylan Ratigan]

Roemer: Washington is bought and sold.

[Photos of Roemer talking to people at various events]

Male VO: They don't want you to hear.

[Clip of Roemer on Lawrence O'Donnell, cut to images of money and White House]

Roemer: Special interests control Washington DC

[Old Congressional photo of Roemer, then Roemer for Governor ad from '88]

Male VO: He's been a Congressman, and a Governor.

[Clip from Ratigan]

Dylan Ratigan: They don't seem to want you in the conversation

[Clip of money avalanche]

Who hasn't taken any special interest money.

[Stop Corporate Greed sign, march, Roemer on CBS news]

Roemer VO: Wake up America, they've stolen your government

[America Needs Buddy for President 2012 logo, buddyroemer.com text]

Male VO: Learn more at Buddy Roemer dot com

[Swap logo for picture of Roemer]

Roemer VO: I'm Buddy Roemer, and I approve this message
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #237 on: June 17, 2013, 05:30:46 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2013, 05:35:44 PM by Spiral »

Jesse Ventura Campaign Schedule: January 2 and 3

January 2
-Town Hall in Inver Grove Heights, MN
-Town Hall in Andover, MN
-Town Hall in Brooklyn Center, MN
-Town Hall in Winona, MN
-Appearance on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

AUDIENCE MEMBER #1: What is your solution to our problems in the Middle East?

VENTURA: Simple: get out. That's all you have to do: just plain get out of there. For thousands of years that whole region has been engulfed in chaos and turmoil, and it sure as heck doesn't look like that will improve anytime soon. Our foreign intervention over many decades, but especially the last ten years or so, has only escalated the problems both for the people who live there and for the people here domestically. What good is it continuing to squander billions of dollars and thousands of lives for what is essentially a lost cause? The people clearly don't even want us occupying their lands, so it's a much better route to pull out and save our resources than still going on the current path we've been taking.

AUDIENCE MEMBER #2: How has your experience in public office prepared you for the job of president?

VENTURA: Oh, it was certainly a wake-up call to me about how dire the situation really is. I came into the governorship with a few priorities on my agenda: reforming the tax system, creating a unicameral legislature, decreasing class sizes, and improving mass transit. But the thing is that both the two major parties in the state legislature were diametrically opposed to much of what I advocated for just because it was me, a rouge independent. Nevertheless, I managed to get quite a good amount of my proposals becoming official law with a lot of negotiation, and I'm proud of my record. As president, I would be just as vigorous in what I want to accomplish, and my victory would certainly act as a mandate to the Republicans and Democrats that the American people want real change instead of the same old BS.

January 3
-Town Hall in Cape Elizabeth, ME
-Town Hall in Falmouth, ME
-Town Hall in Sanford, ME
-Appearance on The Situation Room

BLITZER: Governor Ventura, who do you think will win the Iowa caucuses tonight?

VENTURA: I don't know. But the odds that the victor will be a same-old, same-old neocon Republican is pretty likely, because that's how you can define all of the frontrunners for the nomination. Although I'm rooting for my friend Congressman Paul in Iowa, I'm not entirely confident that he'll win, but I've instructed all of my followers in the state to go in support of him tonight, so I suppose we'll see how that goes once the results come in.

BLITZER: You didn't jump in the election as a Democrat or a Republican, but as an independent. Explain to our viewers what this experience has been like for you so far.

VENTURA: Well, it's certainly difficult all around, because the two parties do everything in their power to suppress the opportunity for a third voice to jump in and make a dent in the race. Ballot access is the worst aspect of it, I'd say, because the guidelines for how many signatures depends state-by-state, and if they don't want ya on the ballot, they'll try very hard to sue you out of it. However, that aside, this has been a tremendous opportunity for me. I've traveled across the country and so many people have been receptive to my message, and have really been yearning to have a true choice in a presidential election. I'm pleased with what my campaign has been able to achieve thus far, and I'm excited to see where this election will take us in the coming months.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #238 on: June 17, 2013, 09:29:12 PM »

Jon Huntsman schedule: January 2nd and January 3rd.

January 2nd:
10:00 AM: Rally in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
12:00 PM: Lunch at the Blue Mermaid Island Grill in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
2:00 PM-4:00 PM: Touring the Portsmouth Brewery in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
6:00 PM: Rally in Exeter, New Hampshire.
8:00 PM: Rally in Epping, New Hampshire.
10:00 PM: Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire.

January 3rd:
6:00 AM: Breakfast at the Red Arrow Diner in Manchester, New Hampshire.
8:00 AM: Rally in Concord, New Hampshire.
10:00 AM: Rally in Andover, New Hampshire.
12:00 PM: Lunch at the Hole in the Fence Café in New London, New Hampshire.
1:00 PM: Rally in Laconia, New Hampshire.
3:00 PM: Rally in Sunapee, New Hampshire.
5:00 PM: Rally in Newport, New Hampshire.
7:00 PM: Rally in Claremont, New Hampshire.
9:00 PM: Dinner at Pizza Chef in Grantham, New Hampshire.

Huntsman ad airing in New Hampshire-“Qualified?”
(Clips of some of Kelly Ayotte’s debate performances air.)
VO: Kelly Ayotte. Do you think she is qualified to take on the Presidency?
(More clips play).
I’m Jon Huntsman and I approve this message.

Huntsman ad airing in New Hampshire and Florida-“In Obama’s words.”
VO: What does President Obama think of Mitch Daniels?
(Clip of President Obama praising Mitch Daniels airs.)
VO: And what does the President think about Kay Bailey Hutchinson’s record on life?
(Clip of Obama praising KBH abortion position airs.)
VO: Which candidate stands for life?
(Clip of various news reports discussing the National Right to Life endorsement of Huntsman air.)
VO: Vote for true Republican values. Vote for Jon Huntsman.
I’m Jon Huntsman and I approve this message.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #239 on: June 17, 2013, 10:29:19 PM »

OOC: Well, this is going to be so close that I might as well say goodbye of the nice side of Daniels. Thus, here we go!

Mitch Daniels's Schedule: January 2 and January 3, 2012:

It's Iowa Time! (Or, Springtime for Daniels)Sad

January 2st:

Rally in Ames, IA. (With Tim Pawlenty)
Barnstorm Iowa City, IA. (With Steve Forbes)
Rally in Davenport, IA. (With John Kasich)
Barnstorm Sioux City, IA. (With Steve Forbes)
Bus Tour in Waterloo, IA. (With Rick Perry)
Bus Tour in Cedar Rapids, IA. (With Rick Perry)

"The President really enjoys saying -Four More Years-. But I'm going to ask of you, four more years of what? Do you want four more years of gridlock, of economic woes, of unhappiness, of unemployment? I don't think so, Mr. President!"

January 3st:

Rest during the morning, breakfast with endorsers and supporters in Campaign HQ, Des Moines.
Barnstorm through Des Moines, including visits to several local shops.
Bus Tour through the countryside of Des Moines with Herman Cain.
March through the streets of the city to get to the final rally.
Final Iowa Rally with Steve Forbes, Tim Pawlenty, Rick Perry and John Kasich.
Pre-Results Press Conference in Campaign HQ.
Party in Campaign HQ.
Speech on the results. (To come later)

"I'm starting to get tired of the attacks on this race. And you know it, I have made my best to stay positive, to bring my message. When you face one attack, it might be wise sometimes to turn the other cheek, and you know it. But when those attacks multiply, and you know that they are completely unfair, there's only one thing to do, and that's to defend yourself. I won't attack anyone who doesn't attack me, that's not the point of this race. But I won't allow anyone to lie about my record, or to invent the bizarre notion that I'm the President's favourite. And some people need to be reminded of that fact."

Announcements, Messages and Other Things:

1.- Final Iowa Rally:

"Remember me, Iowa? I was a candidate for the Republican nomination twice, and in those two times you gave great surprises. In 1996 you gave me 10% of the vote, showing that we were viable. In 2000, you have no less than 31%, and that was one of the greatest night I've ever had. Mitch Daniels is a man with the record to win, with the ideas, with the convictions that a real conservative should have. You surprised me once, Iowa, give Mitch a great surprise now and give him the landslide he deserves!"

"I'm sick and tired of hearing over and over again that President Obama favors Gov. Daniels or Sen. Hutchinson. Seriously? Are you going to trust what the President says, after four years of gridlock? Seems a bit unfair to me that someone can call himself a conservative and right after that put the President's comments in his mouth, as if he didn't have a voice. I think you know who am I talking about. (Laughter) Iowa, Mitch is the man! The conservative! The real challenger to Barack Obama! And you know what, Iowa? I'm not going to ask you to vote for this man, because I know that you will vote for him regardless of what I or Gov. Huckabee have to say. You know this man, and you know why he is standing right here!"

"I can't speak up for Iowa, they must speak up for themselves. And right now, you have the chance to do that. If you want to vote for Huckabee to see him saying over and over again that he is the only conservative here, that's okay. If you want to vote for Huntsman so he can pretend he didn't worked for the President, that's okay. But if you really want to end up the gridlock, if you want to bring America back from where it is now, if you want our recovery to start with the President going the same way of Jimmy Carter when Ronald Reagan defeated another four more years of democratic gridlock, then I'm going to ask you to stand with me, Iowa, to stand with me right here, and say in a very loud voice: We don't want four more years of gridlock! Enough is enough! I can't do that alone, and that's why I need your help. Send a message to the President tonight, and tell him that we had enough!"

2.- Final Press Conference:

Reporter N#1: How is the mood in your HQ as of now, Governor?
Daniels: Couldn't be better. We are certainly nervous, but we are confident that we shall win tonight. During the long days and weeks I have spent in Iowa I have learned to know the state better, and I think my campaign represents the choice that Iowa wants to take.
Reporter N#2: What if you lose? Do you think you'll end up like Rudy Giuliani?
Daniels: If (and this is only if) we were to lose tonight, it will be for an incredibly close amount, and my campaign would have proved that it has the strength to go on. I will not withdraw early just because of some setbacks: I'm on this race to become President of the United States, and you can bet that you'll see me along for a while.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #240 on: June 17, 2013, 10:56:11 PM »

"You know what, Mitch is completely right when he says I enjoy saying for more years! And he's even more correct when he questions what those four years will be like; Gridlock, economic woes, unhappiness, and unemployment. And you know why it's like that? Because his party, the Republican Party has made it their foremost goal at making me a One Termer. They even went as far as holding the nation's financial stature hostage, just to prove a point. Over rage past four years they've done nothing but stand in the way of progress. I want the next four to look different. Give me a Democratic Congress. I'll give your family the future you deserve. A fair shot at success."- Obama Response to Daniels

"Look, I'm gonna tell you guys a little secret. Hopefully the Republicans won't take this advice to heart, but here's my thoughts on the race. Kay Bailey Hutchinson is the best General Election Candidate in the race. She's pro-choice, so she won't turn off female voters. She also strikes a moderate chord. She's got no chance at winning though."- Bill Clinton at Rally in New Hampshire
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #241 on: June 17, 2013, 11:01:27 PM »

"Hey Republicans, me, Barack, and Joe are still waiting on that debate. Any chance I can make it a 3-Way?"- Pres. Bill Clinton
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #242 on: June 18, 2013, 06:30:11 AM »

Huckabee Ad: There he Goes Again

"...But it looks like they'll be going with a moderate like Daniels or Hutchinson..." -- Pres. Barack Obama Jan. 2, 2012

VO: There he goes again. President Obama weighing in on the Republican Race.
Weighing in on the candidates.
We know he likes Gov. Mitch Daniels.
Now, he's talking about Kay Sen. Bailey Hutchinson.
Two Moderates.
One candidate the President doesn't mention by name?
Mike Huckabee.
The candidate Barack Obama knows can beat him.

On Tuesday, Vote for the Candidate Who Can Win, Not Pres. Obama's Picks.

"I'm Mike Huckabee and I approve this message."
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #243 on: June 19, 2013, 12:42:37 AM »

Ron Paul Campaign Schedule:

How do you feel about your chances of winning Iowa?
Our momentum is growing here! Iowans are waking up to the message of Liberty! Together we will restore America now! We are going to take America by storm, first Iowa, and then the nation! The message of liberty is a powerful thing, and even though the media has fought us at every turn, we are winning!

Jan. 2:
Speech in Sioux City, IA with Rand Paul on Individual Liberty
Meet and greet in Sioux City, IA
Go door to door in Storm Lake, IA
Speech in Fort Dodge with Justin Amash, IA on bringing the troops home
Rally and Speech in Ames, IA with Barry Goldwater Jr. Rand Paul, Justin Amash, Mike Lee and Kent Soreson

It's time we take America back! And it all starts with you Iowa! Together we will bring America back to greatness! We will end the fed! We will bring the troops home! We will return power to you the people, we will have a constitution that is followed!

Rand Paul:

"Let's work together Iowans, together we can fight this establishment that has put the people down for generations! It's time to restore the constitution, so come Caucus time, vote RON PAUL!"

Mike Lee:

"Ron Paul has stood as beacon, strong and tall for the constitution, he has stood up for freedom, and your liberty the entire time he has been in congress. He is the man that America needs in these troubled times! Ron Paul will bring Liberty and Economic prosperity once again!

Jan 3:
Meet and greet in Ames, IA
Rally and Speech in Ankeny, IA
Speech on Gold Standard in Des Moines, IA
Meet and greet, go door to door in Atlantic, IA
Rally and speech in Council Bluffs, IA

Ad to run in IA:
It's time Iowa. It's time to shout out to the nation who you want as president. There is a man who has stood tall for America. A man, who has never wavered. Congressman Ron Paul. The man the establishment fears, and for good reason. He will bring the power back to the people, no more corporate interests, no more heavy handed government breathing down your back. Ron Paul, it's time to restore America now. - I'm Ron Paul and I approve this message.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #244 on: June 19, 2013, 06:05:07 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2013, 06:08:30 PM by JerryArkansas »

Kelly Ayotte Campaign Schedule Jan 2 and 3

Jan 2
11:00 AM   
Meeting with Nashua Mayor Donnalee Lozeau
Nashua Mayor's Office, 229 Main St., Nashua, N.H.

11:30 AM   
Touring downtown Nashua
Nashua City Hall, 229 Main St., Nashua, N.H.

7:00 PM   
Hosting town hall meeting
McConnell Community Center, 61 Locust St., Dover, N.H.

Jan 3
10:00 AM   
Speaking at Strong Foundations Charter School
Strong Foundations Charter School, 715 Riverwood Drive, Pembroke, N.H.

12:45 PM   
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, 1 Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, N.H.

3:30 PM   
Tidland Corporation, 11 Bradco St., Keene, N.H.

6:00 PM   
Holding public event with Gov. Tom Ridge
Peterborough Town Hall, 1 Grove St., Peterborough, N.H.

9:00 PM
Watch election results With Supporters in Pererborough

AD Showing in New Hampshire

VO from Judd Gregg
Kelly Ayotte,  born in Nashua, New Hampshire on June 27, 1968, the daughter of Kathleen M.  and Marc Frederick Ayotte.  She has lived most of her life in New Hampshire.  She Understands what you the people of this great state need.  Don't let some people from out of state who don't know you, and don't really know your problems try and buy your vote.  I endorsed Kelly because she will not only be a great nominee, but would be a great president.

I'm Kelly Ayotte, and I approve this message.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #245 on: June 19, 2013, 10:21:48 PM »

Roemer Campaign Schedule: IOWA!!!

January 2: Iowa

-Morning coffee & scones with Buddy at Revelations Cafe, Fairfield, IA - with an appearance on Morning Joe (appropriate appearance for such a venue).
-Chatting with people at the Quilt Country Family Restaurant for lunch in Lamoni, IA.
-Townhall in Davenport, IA
-Rally in Dubuque, IA

January 3: Caucus Day!
-Breakfast in Fayette, IA

The other candidates are choosing to spend their mornings in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, and Davenport. Not me. Cause here in the Roemer campaign, we're not just focused on getting as many people as we can to the polls just to pull a lever. We're really focused on getting our message out, to people all across this great nation. And if that means I'm here eating my main street special with y'all at Boike's Trailside Inn instead of appearing via satellite on some morning show, I'm okay with that. Because y'all aren't just numbers in a computer - you're Terry and Bob and Norman and Leo and Bill. It's been great meeting all y'all and talking about what you care about, here in Fayette. Remember to get out and vote tonight, I'd really appreciate it.

-Walking down Main Street in Cedar Falls, IA, talking to small business owners and workers about protecting American jobs, and listening to what their concerns are.
-Discussion of education reform with students at Iowa State University.
-Townhall at the Simon Estes Riverfront Amphitheater - stand up and ask Buddy anything.
-Rally at the University of Iowa (some details below - Bosworth, Choate, and King all appear, with a musical intro from Kinky Friedman).
-Late-night flight to New Hampshire

Pat Choate campaigns with Buddy
My job is as an economist. I've written nine books on economics, Ph.D. in economics, worked as the Commissioner of Economic Development for the State of Tennessee, a Senior Economist in the Office of Management and budget, and Director of the Southern Regional Office of the Economic Development Administration. I've taught economic at George Washington University. Point is - I know economics. My career has been in job creation. And that's why I'm proud to endorse the number one candidate in this election for creating jobs: Governor Buddy Roemer. Now, you may not have heard of him. Buddy was the Governor of Louisiana for four years. At the beginning of his term unemployment was sky-high, worse than we have it now. After his term? Cut in half. And after he'd done what he needed to do, he went right back to creating more jobs, with the small bank he runs down in Louisiana - a bank that didn't take a dime of federal bailout money. Buddy Roemer is a small businessman with a proven record of job creation, and he's this economist's number one choice for President.

Roemer's Speech in Iowa City
I'd like to thank Pat for introducing me. What this campaign is, is free to lead. We're not taking any money above $100. No PAC money, no Super PAC money, no corporate money, no lobbyist money - only money from people like you. So far, we've taken on no debt, and we've got money in the bank. Running this campaign like I intend to run the country. And running this country will be hard work. We have problems - not enough jobs, trade issues, an unreadable tax code, an unsustainable budget. A new President would have to create a plan - an energy strategy, a strategy to re-vitalize small businesses, fix healthcare, address the banking system, and tackle immigration reform. But they can't do that, they can't change the status quo, without tackling those who like the status quo. The special interests. They don't want change, and they're spending billions in this campaign to keep it that way. They give billions to people who can return that gesture with loopholes and pork-barrel spending. They own the parties. 98% of Americans give no money, not a penny, to presidential campaigns. All that money comes from big banks, corporations, big contractors, Super PACS, and lobbyists. Not from people like you or me. We're seeing corporations make five billion dollars and pay not a cent in federal income taxes - who here made less than five billion and paid a lot more than that? All of you! They're the cause of the gridlock, the corruption, this do-nothing Congress! Before we can get action on those critical issues, we need to take control of the system. We, the people, need to overrule the special interests, say that we're in charge, not them. So get out tonight, next week, and all the way till election day, and vote for the candidate that'll really reform our system.

Also, this ad will be showing in the targeted markets over these two days.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #246 on: June 19, 2013, 11:02:36 PM »

As a side note, Hutchison sent me her schedule for the week via PM as Spamage is on vacation. Wink

Good evening friends, it's Caucus Night!

Today, thousands of Iowa Republicans headed to caucus for the candidate of their choice. This has been a hard-fought race, with multiple candidates leading in the state. Mike Huckabee took the early lead in the state, but after strong debate performances, Daniels surged into first. However, his support dropped down a bit after attacks that he was too moderate, and Hutchison has risen.

Polling has been all over the place - Daniels hasn't spent as much time in Iowa as the other candidates, but is currently considered the slight favorite nationally, and has benefited from a strong closing campaign. Mike Huckabee has spent the most time out of the three main candidates, and also had the advantage of an organization build-up from four years ago. However, are voters getting tired of Mike Huckabee, especially the negative tone of his campaign?

Kay Bailey Hutchison started low in the polls, but after a consistent campaign and positive message, her support has risen all over, including in Iowa, and she is looking to upset Daniels and Huckabee tonight. However, recent attacks have been made on her pro-choice record, and her response to those criticisms has been mediocre at best. In a caucus where social issues are key, will abortion be her downfall? Ron Paul has focused almost entirely on Iowa this cycle, ignoring New Hampshire, a state with a strong libertarian presence. It is clear that tonight, Paul is putting all of his eggs in one basket - Paul likely needs to finish in the top two tonight, otherwise, his chances at the nomination are slim to none.

Hutchison, Daniels, Huckabee, and Paul have been the four main candidates in Iowa. Huntsman has spent a small amount of time in the state, but it's clear that he's focused intently on winning New Hampshire. The same with Ayotte - her campaign made early attempts to compete in Iowa, but her late start and low funds have made it impossible for her to run a competent campaign in both states. Buddy Roemer, though strapped for cash and having low recognition, has ran a folksy campaign in Iowa, and some say that if he had more money and had started earlier, he could be the dark horse here. However, like Huntsman and Ayotte, he has primarily focused in New Hampshire, where he is hoping a major upset will vault him from a pretender to a contender.

A key factor in tonight's caucus: With Huntsman and Ayotte battling it out in New Hampshire and Hutchison holding a moderate lead in South Carolina, tonight is critical for both Daniels and Huckabee, as either could fall similar to Giuliani in 2008 without a win in one of the three lead-off states. Both have the most to lose tonight, as their numbers could plummet nationally without a win in the three early states. Hutchison has little to lose and much to gain with a win tonight - despite polling strong, few expect her to pull off the upset here. If she wins, followed by a strong performance in New Hampshire and a victory in South Carolina, she'll likely be smooth-sailing to the General Election. Tonight is perhaps the biggest night for Paul, as his entire campaign hinges on a victory here. Huntsman, Ayotte, and Roemer are all essentially hoping to surprise some folks by finishing higher than expected - it would be a major surprise if any of them finish higher than fifth.

Well, I've talked long enough, and it appears now is a good time to quit rambling, as we are receiving our first numbers from the Hawkeye State!

Iowa: 1% Reporting
Ron Paul: 34%
Mike Huckabe: 20%
Mitch Daniels: 18%
Kay Bailey Hutchison: 15%
Jon Huntsman: 5%
Buddy Roemer: 5%
Kelly Ayotte: 2%

OOC: Would y'all rather get all the results in tonight and have me finish this up, or would you rather draw it out until tomorrow with more analysis and statements by the campaigns?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #247 on: June 19, 2013, 11:04:21 PM »

pull it out, I will need time to respond to the results
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: June 19, 2013, 11:11:02 PM »

I'd rather you do it all tonight. I'm ready to know who the nominee is so I can tear 'em up like IRL.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #249 on: June 19, 2013, 11:17:40 PM »

Let's see it all tonight, I say.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length