2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:00:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 37
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 81042 times)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: June 29, 2013, 02:43:38 AM »

Senator Ayotte Debate Response.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

My husband is an Iraq war veteran.  He joined, like many others, because he wanted to serve our country.  He flew combat missions during the Iraq war. He retired from the Air National Guard as a Lieutenant Colonel.  After getting home from the war, he could not find a job. We had to build a business from the ground up.  Knowing how hard it is to find a job now after coming home from war, and how hard it is to run a business; yes, we need to provide many tax incentives for employers to hire veterans.  We also should give tax incentives so that military families can start small businesses, who lead our country in job growth.  These men and women fought for this county, this the least we can do for them.

Yes I do, and I hope the Supreme Court in June rules that this law is unconstitutional.  If it is not overturned then, we must capture the white house, and we must regain control of the senate.  This is our only option if the Supreme Court doesn't do what I think is the right thing.  We have so many races in which we can win and so many candidates in which we can run.  From Sarah Steelman in Mo to Connie Mack IV in Fl, even Deb Fischer in Nebraska.  Now going back, we need health care reform, but not what we have now.  Nancy Pelosi said we have to pass it to see what's in it, and now that we know what we have, let us redo this bill.  One that lower costs and improve quality of care for all people.

This is a very good question for me.  I think we all know what I wish I could redo.  My debating has not been up to par.  I really should have prepared for these debates, but with small kids, it is kind of hard to do anything.  But I still love you Katherine and Jacob.  Mommy will see you tomorrow, now Joe, get those little rascals to bed .

We as americans need to reform our immigration system.  Right now we have a broken system.  People are streaming across the border, the cartels are taking over Mexico.  We need to secure the border, and allow the 11 million illegal people in our country to become citizens.  None of them would get it right away.  At the earliest in my plan, people could start getting green cards and citizenship in 15 years and they all will have to pay a fine, the amount which will be determined later.  First things first, we need to secure our border.  Build a fence along it, put troops on the border.  If third world nations can have a secure border, why can't we, the greatest nation in the world, do it to.  We as republicans can't be cruel to a group of individuals who pay taxes, and normally don't break the law.

I am pro-life, only with exceptions for rape, incest, and when the mother's life is in danger.  The thought of having an abortion never crossed my mind, but in certain situations, I do believe the mother should be given a choice. We don't need to force women who have been raped to carry the child of their rapist.

Thank you, Anderson.  Experience is something that is measured in different ways.  In elected experience, I have only won one office in my adult life, being US Senator. But what I lack in elected experience, I make up in others.  From 2004 - 2009, I had the opportunity to serve as New Hampshire's Attorney General, where every day, I fought for the good people of my state. As a small business owner, I  have had to deal with what will I be able to pay my workers this week, will I have to lay one of them off, or will I have too close my doors.  I'm also a proud Mom - now, some may laugh at this, but being a Mom is no easy task, regardless of whether you stay at home or lead a professional life as well. Washington is broken - we need an outsider to fix this mess, and I know I can do that.

Well for starters, you need to get to know who you are working with.  I would, in my first two weeks, have a dinner every night with about 40 or so members of congress, and get to know them personally.   Next, I would bring in the members of Party leadership, and work out the issues at hand.  I would take a hands on approach to doing things, and I will listen to both sides, which some don't like, but must happen for our problems to be fixed.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #326 on: June 29, 2013, 09:40:42 AM »

Huckabee Campaign Schedule: January 11-15

January 11: South Carolina
-Rally in Columbia, SC with Chuck Norris
-Town Hall at the University of South Carolina
-Rally in Myrtle Beach, SC with Chuck Norris
-Rally in Greenville, SC with Chuck Norris

January 12: South Carolina
-Town Hall in Anderson, SC with Chuck Norris
-Town Hall in Rock Hill, SC with Chuck Norris
-Rally in Beaufort, SC with Chuck Norris
-Town Hall in Clemson, SC with Chuck Norris
-Town Hall in Aiken, SC with Chuck Norris
-Appearance on Hannity from Aiken, SC

January 13: South Carolina
-Rally in Camden, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint
-Rally in Charleston, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint
-Speech to Veterans in Columbia, SC
-Meet and Greet at Chick-fil-A in Columbia, SC
-Meet and Greet at Little Pigs Barbecue in Columbia, SC
-Appearance on On The Record from Columbia, SC

January 14: South Carolina
-Appearance on Good Morning America from Columbia, SC
-Rally in Walterboro, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint
-Town Hall in York, SC with Chuck Norris
-Town Hall in Clinton, SC with Chuck Norris
-Rally in Lake City, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint
-Phone Bank at Charleston, SC HQ

January 15: South Carolina
-Rally in Sumter, SC with Chuck Norris
-Town Hall in Greenwood, SC
-Town Hall in Jackson, SC
-Town Hall in Port Royal, SC
-Town Hall in Easley, SC

Huckabee in Sumter, SC
"Our momentum is growing each day. South Carolina is the state that is going to put me on the path to win the Republican Nomination. No candidate has become the nominee of our party without winning this state, so I'm counting on. I need your help. I need you to knock on doors, I need you to make calls, I need you to help our campaign!"

Huckabee Blasts Hutchinson
"No amount of criticisms I make will have the impact of the National Right to Life. The group is dogging her on her stances for abortion and rightfully so. This is a prolife party and we will not nominate someone who is wishy-washy on matter of life. It is sacred and I will defend it to the end."

Debate Response:

"The men and women who put on a uniform and fight for this country are hero. Anyone who serves this country deserves our highest praise. No veteran should have to struggle when it comes to work, and it the least we can do as a nation to ensure that they are cared for and that they find gainful employment. And it is not only the veterans, but their families as well. So to answer your question, yes. Like I said, it the least we as a country can do for the brave me and women who served to protect this great land."

"No is not an answer. A national takeover of our healthcare system is not the solution. None of us would be here if weren't trying to undo the failures of the Obama Administration and Obamacare is at the top of the list. Hopefully the Supreme Court will find it unconstitutional in June, but I don't put all my eggs in that basket, it's too unpredictable. I know it's going to take a Republican President and Congress to repeal the law and replace it. Which is why on day one in office I will sign a waiver to all fifty states, exempting them from Obamacare and then will work with Congress to see that we repeal and replace it."

"I'm not someone who likes to look back and think well if I had done this things be differently. I'm proud of the campaign we've run thus far. I'm thankful for my supporters and staff and I am looking full speed ahead to the Republican nomination. The fact is this as President, there aren't second chances. You have to be right one hundred percent of the time. There can be no regrets."

"The Obama Administration's plan to fix our immigration problem is more amnesty. Now we can what happened in 1986, I don't want that to happen again. First we must secure the borders and finish the fence and then put in place a comprehensive plan that allows people to come to this country legally. Now for those that are already here, I would suggest the following: First learning English and committing to this country either by Serving in the military for five years or attending school and earning a degree. You must taxes and become involved in the American system and experience. The fact is this: We cannot deport eleven million people and we should not punish the children because of the mistakes of the parents. This is not defacto amnesty, this is a common sense plan to fix our problem, and if we want to be the party that sends away eleven million people without a second thought, then we as a party will be doomed electorally. We have to reach out to the Hispanic community. Barack Obama won over sixty percent of the vote four years ago. My approach is both stern and compassionate and that is the light our party needs to be seen in."

"If I may respond to that, I believe all life is sacred and must be protected. Senator Hutchinson's positions on life are rightfully under attack because she is not a prolife candidate. She is wishy-washy and will be swept under the rug by Barack Obama in a debate in the fall. You either are prolife or you aren't Senator. There is not middle ground and I think the Republican voters deserve to know that position. This is a prolife party, because we believe all life is sacred, all life has purpose. Senator Hutchinson is weak on this issue because she flip flops. She has more positions on this issue than Hillary Clinton has pantsuits."

"When dealing with Congress you have to talk to them. This President doesn't talk. He either dictates from the White House and runs away like a spoiled child when he doesn't gets his way or sends in his wingman Joe Biden to do negotiations with Congress. That's not leadership, that's not even leading from behind. If I am elected President of the United States and I have to deal with a divided Congress I will have an open and frank relationship with both Speaker Boehner and Majority Leader Reid and work with them for the good of the country. The fact is the American people want solutions, they want us to get things done and we cannot say Barack Obama has accomplished either. You know Ronald Reagan put it best, if he could get eighty percent of what he was satisfied, and that's who I am."

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #327 on: June 29, 2013, 05:01:37 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2013, 02:11:31 AM by Governor Spamage »

Kay Bailey Hutchison Campaign Schedule, January 11th-15th 2012
 "South Carolina, both Iowa and New Hampshire have given their voices and the results showed that the party is really undecided in this race. 2 different candidates won 2 different states, but there's something notable about this results, there's only one candidate who was in the top 3 in both races, me. Despite the great difference in these two states, my grassroots campaign was able to succeed in both and guess what? Polls have this campaign fighting for first in a ton of the states coming up, thanks to y'all. All of you have proven that this campaign can go to the next level and defeat President Obama and his failed policies, something we definitely don't need 4 more years of. So South Carolina make a statement, vote for reason, vote for positivity, vote for victory, vote for Hutchison. America's at a crossroads and by working with Congress, State Governments, and most importantly the American people we can continue the American century heck, why don't we make it 2 centuries?"

Monday January 11th, 2012- SOUTH CAROLINA
Coffee and Doughnuts with state officials in Columbia
Door to door canvasing with volunteers
Rally in Charleston focusing on the Economy
Speech in Charleston focusing on Abortion
Appearance on the O'Reilly Factor

"Recently this campaign has been blasted on abortion over and over again. I've made my position clear in the debate and I'll gladly do so again. There indeed was a time in the past I was pro-choice, I was blind to the beauty of life and focused solely on politics, but then one day it hit me, everyone deserves a chance at life, be they born or unborn, young or old. Too many lives have been taken by this terrible practice because in some cases, the parent doesn't wish to carry the child. There's other viable options such as adoption which could be used but often times they are shoved aside as abortion is viewed by some as a "right". Ain't that ridiculous? While I'm for exceptions in rape, incest, and the life of the mother I am not for, and never will be again, abortions for personal expediency and ease. Even though some may attack me for becoming pro-life, despite the fact I changed my view years ago, I just wanted to clear things up."

Tuesday January 12th, 2012- SOUTH CAROLINA
Speech in front of the State Capitol with Lindsey Graham
Rally in Charleston with Jeb Bush and Chris Christie
Speech to unemployed workers in Myrtle Beach
Appearance on the Rachael Maddow Show

"Under the current Administration, too many remain without work. Americans, many through no fault of their own, have lost their jobs in the Recession, and despite promises that they would return by the President, little has changed. The "Campaigner in Chief" instead appears on television and nags the American people into action or goes and plays a round or two of golf (laughter). Our recovery is too slow, and we need to tell Washington this November by electing a new president, one who wont attempt to spend our way out of this recession. I'll work with Congress in my first 100 days, regardless of which party controls which chamber, and outline several job creating solutions. We need to start rewarding small businesses, not punishing them. Its to start encouraging job growth and not obstruct it like this President has done, and will likely continue to do."

Wednesday January 13th, 2012- SOUTH CAROLINA
Breakfast with Campaign volunteers in Myrtle Beach
Rally with Undecided voters in Myrtle Beach
Speech alongside Lindsey Graham, Connie Mack, and John Thune(see top)
Campaign dinner with supporters and small donors
Appearance on the Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell

Thursday January 14th, 2012- SOUTH CAROLINA
Townhall in North Charleston
Speech to Republican Women in Columbia
Rally with Campaign volunteers in Columbia suburbs
Canvassing in Myrtle Beach suburbs
Appearance on Hannity

Friday January 15th, 2012- SOUTH CAROLINA

Pancake Breakfast with Campaign Volunteers in Myrtle Beach
Appearance on Local News Stations
Interview on "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams"
Fundraiser in Columbia with Lindsey Graham

Saturday January 16th, 2012- SOUTH CAROLINA

Speech to Young Republicans in Columbia
Rally with Undecided voters in Columbia
Meet with Unemployed workers in Charleston, economic discussion
Apperance on CNN Newsroom

Sunday January 17th-
Appearance on "Meet the Press"
Prerecorded interview for Fox News Sunday

Connie and Mary Bono Mack:
  "Republicans, it seems clear that many of us are indecisive on our nominee choices, and to be honest until a few days ago we were too. That was until we realized the true conservative candidacy in this race, and no it isn't Mike Huckabee, its Kay Bailey Hutchinson. While neither of us has had the honor of serving in the Senate with her, we have heard stories about how she is the hardest worker on Capitol Hill. She us truly accountable to the American people, and its about time the White House was as well. That's why we're endorsing the candidate who will win this November, Kay Bailey Hutchinson"
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #328 on: June 29, 2013, 05:02:42 PM »

Debate Answers:

"Yes. American veterans our some of the bravest people I’ve ever met and the fact that they often have trouble finding work upon returning is tragic and must be changed. Under a Hutchinson Presidency I would work with Congress and make that unemployment number fall. It’s irresponsible to ignore those who put their lives on the line for us, like this administration has done, and they truly have my respect and my full support, we need to get them working again!"

"This Election is probably our last chance to remove Obamacare, which is highly unpopular I might add, in its entirety. The Federal Government had no business doing what it did and if elected; I will make it clear by encouraging Congress to repeal it and if need be, I’ll sign exemptions for every state which ones one. If you elect me as President you can kiss this attempt to take over our health care system goodbye. I truly do hope the Supreme Court strikes it down, but we shouldn’t count on it. Instead we must focus on removing in through other means."

Winning Iowa or New Hampshire would’ve been nice (laughs)! But in all seriousness if I was to redo something, I would’ve made my pledge to avoid personal attacks earlier. We cannot have petty disputes within our party; it taints our image and gives the President ads to roll against our eventual nominee. Every candidate in this primary wants a change in Washington, just by running we’re evidencing this, so why not stand together on the points we may agree on instead of the few which may divide us? Certain candidates in this race, namely Mike Huckabee, seem to disagree with this however, and that’s what’s tainting our party brand on the national stage. That’s why, right here right now, I want to ask every candidate onstage, namely you Mike,  to join me in avoiding personal attacks against fellow Republicans.

"The United States has always been an immigrant nation, whether it was those aboard the Mayflower or immigrants streaming in from Ellis Island. However, we also need to be a nation of responsible immigration. Illegal immigration is a negative no matter how you look at it, Americans lose jobs to workers who are often exploited by their employers with payment below minimum wage, it’s good for no one. Being from Texas I know we need to secure the border and start reforming the immigration system, it’s the only way we’re going to solve this problem. Amnesty isn’t. Those already here must also have a path to citizenship, but it’s going to have to be gradual as we don’t want to reward those entering this country illegally, regardless of nationality it’ll only encourage further illegal immigration."

"I’ll be the first to admit, I’ve made mistakes in my past, being on the board of The Wish List is one of them. While yes, there was a time I was mildly pro-choice, I have since realized how much of a terrible position this is and that’s why I left the organization years ago. Every person, born and yet to be born deserves a chance at life, and I now know that. I now am pro-life and proud of it, and my record speaks to this. My NARAL Rating is at or near 0% and the head of the pro-choice chapter in Texas has stated: “By our definition, Sen. Hutchison's voting record does not indicate that she is pro-choice.” I see the beauty of every life now, and hope that the American people can forgive me for my prior mistakes."

"Being a current member of Congress, alongside Senator Ayotte and Congressman Paul, I think I offer a unique opportunity when it comes to relations between Congress and the Presidency. In recent years there has been tension and I think my prospective presidency would be able to change this by simply attempting to. The current Administration looks down on the Legislative Branch and attempts to overrule it by using excessive amounts of Executive Orders instead of working with lawmakers on Capitol Hill. The founders intended for there to be three, equal branches in Washington and by sitting down and having honest policy discussions with congressional leaders I believe great strides could be made. Everyone wants what’s best for the American people, that’s clear, and I think regardless of political affiliation there’s a way to solve our issues, together. Under a Hutchinson presidency I would sit down with Congressional leaders within the first 100 days and discuss the policies we need in implement to get this nation working again. We don’t need for more years of gridlock in Washington, America, its common sense we need a Washington that actually works for the people!"
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #329 on: June 29, 2013, 05:21:52 PM »

Huntsman debate responses.
Well, for starters, the number one way we can help our soldiers is by pulling them out of Afghanistan immediately, and bring them back home. Basic economics dictates that an influx of returning veterans will only cause the unemployment rate to rise. So I have a three point plan on bringing our veterans home to a country abundant with opportunities for them.

First we must implement tax credits for returning veterans and their families. I see no reason why one of our men who has just selflessly risked his life on the ground fighting the war on terror should be called upon to sacrifice his income. That is why I propose that all returning war veterans receive a five year exemption from the federal income tax.

Likewise, the incentive to hire veterans must be made. While veterans make the most able and qualified employees, all too often that is just not enough. Tax credits for companies that hire veterans will only boost job creation for our returning heroes.

Finally, I propose we take the funds we currently spend on the unwinnable war in Afghanistan and use it to fund a massive infrastructure revival program. The United States will not be able to compete with the rising BRIC nations-that is Brazil, Russia, India, and China in the 21st century with our dated national infrastructure. Instead of a stimulus that spends billions on the research of horse’s sexual habits and useless public art projects, let’s build a modern high speed rail network and rework our interstate highway system to make travel more efficient. The massive construction boom created by this program would provide ample job opportunities for hundreds of thousands of Americans from all economic sectors.

Yes, but to do so we will need a Republican majority in the Senate. We must gain control of the Senate and enact a full repeal of the bill. However, we will not win the Senate if the party remains in its current state. As a party we must pick a program and stick to it. Do we remain the party of obstruction, that only blocks and doesn’t reform? Or do we return to the party of reasonable opposition, which works with the president to find market oriented solutions health care that benefits everyone without bringing about destructive price controls and hefty regulations harmful to our free market economy.

I would have hit the trail harder in New Hampshire. Quite frankly, we overestimated Senator Ayotte’s support.

First and foremost, there will be no talk of amnesty until the border is secure. Once we have prevented a further influx of illegal aliens, we will begin to sort out the bunch currently here. Those who hold steady jobs, speak English, and have no criminal record will be considered for amnesty. Those who have criminal records, on the other hand, will be deported upon being arrested or being discovered through a situation of that type. I would also push for a seasonal work visa program that would allow for Mexican laborers to enter the United States and take up the agricultural jobs that most Americans just don’t want to do. This program would verify the fact that they are in the country, and would require them to pay federal income taxes like any regular citizen.

I am pro life. My record as Governor proves it. I have been endorsed by National Right to Life, which has been at the forefront of the abortion debate. That being said, there is room for a pro-choice faction in the party. Every voice deserves to be heard, including Senator Hutchinson’s voice, and having some dissenting views does not make Senator Hutchinson any less of a Republican, and the social conservative witch hunt in our party has only served to divide us.
Having a strong relationship with Congress is crucial to executing a conservative agenda, and compromise is the key word. I won’t compromise on cutting spending, on repealing Obamacare, on reforming entitlements, but conservative policy transcends Republican and Democratic Party labels.

I was asked by my Commander-in-Chief, whom I strongly disagree with, to serve my country . And that is what I did. I resigned as Ambassador when our views on US-China relations became so alien to one another that it hindered our diplomatic presence in the PRC. But to say I am too “moderate” when in fact I have the most right wing record is ludicrous. I am pro-life, while President Obama is not. I have balanced budgets, while President Obama has raised deficits. I have reformed entitlements, while Obama has fiddled while our entitlement system burns. I have lowered taxes, while President Obama has not. If anything, I am the most opposite candidate of our President, more conservative in the direct sense of the word than any of my rivals.
[/quote]
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #330 on: June 29, 2013, 05:49:55 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2013, 05:55:38 PM by JerryArkansas »

Kelly Ayotte Campaign Schedule, January 11th-15th 2012

Jan 11th:

8:00 AM
Holds roundtable on housing issues
Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Riverview Room, 200 North Ashley Drive, Tampa, Fla.
2012-01-11 at 8:00

10:00 AM
Meeting with employees of PGT Manufacturing
PGT Manufacturing, 1070 Technology Drive, North Venice, Fla.
2012-01-11 at 10:00

1:30 PM
Hosting town hall meeting at American Legion Hall
American Legion Hall, 699 West Lady Lake Road, Lady Lake, Fla.
2012-01-11 at 1:30

10:30 PM
Appearing on FOX News's 'On the Record'

Jan 12th:

9:00 AM
Hosting meet-and-greet event
Recreation Outreach Center, 310 SW 5th Ave., Okeechobee, Fla.
2012-01-12 at 9:00

10:30 AM   
Gives prebuttal to State of the Union speech
National Gypsum Company, 6110 W Commerce St., Tampa, Fla.
2012-01-12 at 10:30

11:30 AM
Speaking at Treasure Coast TEA Party/912 Rally
Community Christian Academy,777 SE Salerno Road, Stuart, Fla.
2012-01-12 at 11:30

1:45 PM
Holding a rally at Dolphin Aviation
Dolphin Aviation, 8191 N Tamiami Trail, #100, Sarasota, Fla.
2012-01-12 at 1:45

3:20 PM
Hosting Florida housing event
2929 17th St. SW, Lehigh Acres, Fla.
2012-01-12 at 3:20

5:00 PM
Holding grassroots event at Cambier Park Bandstand
Cambier Park Bandstand, 755 8th Street S, Naples, Fla.
2012-01-12 at 5:00

6:00 PM
Appearing on CNN's "John King USA"

Jan 13th:

Speaking at Univision 'Meet the Candidates' forum
Univision Network Studios, 9405 NW 41st St., Miami, Fla.
2012-01-13 at 9:00

10:00 AM
Giving lecture on Latin American Policy
Florida International University School of Public Affairs Auditorium,11200 SW 8th St., Miami, Fla.
2012-01-13 at 10:00

12:00 PM
Meeting with voters at Wings Plus Restaurant
Wings Plus Restaurant, 9880 W Sample Road, Coral Springs, Fla.
2012-01-13 at 12:00

3:30 PM
Participating in a space industry roundtable
Brevard CC Cocoa Campus, 1519 Clearlake Road, Cocoa, Fla.
2012-01-13 at 3:30

5:00 PM
Hosting a Space Coast town hall meeting
Holiday Inn, 301 Tucker Lane, Cocoa, Fla.
2012-01-13 at 5:00

9:00 PM
Appearing on Fox News's 'Hannity'
2012-01-13 at 9:00

Jan 14th:

8:30 AM
Holding Tea Party rally at Lakeside Inn
Lakeside Inn, 100 Alexander St., Mount Dora, Fla.
2012-01-14 at 8:30

1:00 PM   

Newt Gingrich
Hosting Jacksonville veterans event
University of North Florida, 1 UNF Drive, Jacksonville, Fla.
2012-01-14 at 1:00

10:00 PM
Appearing on FOX News's 'On the Record'

Jan 15:

7:05 AM
Appearing on Fox News's "Fox & Friends"
2012-01-25 at 7:05

Speaking to Latin Builders Association conference
1601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, Fla.
2012-01-25 at 9:00

10:15 AM   
John McCain
Kelly Ayotte
Speaking at Hispanic Leadership Network’s Lunch
Doral Golf Resort and Spa, 4400 Northwest 87th Ave., Miami, Fla.
2012-01-15 at 10:15

3:30 PM
Speaking to the Republican Jewish Coalition Rally
South County Civic Center, 16700 Jog Road, Delray Beach, Fla.
2012-01-15 at 3:30

10:00 PM
Appearing on Fox News' "On The Record"

Announcements, Messages and Other Things:

1.- Surrogates:

-Sarah Palin, Frank Guinta, Gene Chandler John McCain: (Campaigning in Florida.)

-Rick Santorum: (Campaigning in SC)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #331 on: June 29, 2013, 06:04:50 PM »

Norris Campaign Schedule: January 11-15

January 11: South Carolina
-Barnstorming with Gov. Huckabee

January 12: South Carolina/Florida
-Fundraiser in Tampa, FL with Gov. Rick Scott

January 13: Georgia, Nevada, Arizona
-Rally in Atlanta, GA
-Fundraiser in Atlanta, GA
-Fundraiser in Carson City, NV
-Fundraiser in Phoenix, AZ
-Rally in Mesa, AZ

January 14: South Carolina
-Fundraiser with Sen. Jim DeMint

January 15: South Carolina/Florida/Texas/Michigan
-Rally with Gov. Huckabee
-Fundraiser in Orlando, FL with Gov. Scott
-Fundraiser in Dallas, TX
-Fundraiser in Flint, MI
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #332 on: June 29, 2013, 08:53:17 PM »

Jon Huntsman schedule-January 11th-January 15th 2012.
(Note-I am ripping off the Ayotte schedule style-the level of detail is great.)

January 11th, 2012.
10:00 AM: Speech to supporters at Mint’s Indian Bistro in Las Vegas, Nevada.
730 E Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89119

12:00 PM: Town hall at Caesar’s Palace Casio & Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada.
3570 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109

3:00 PM: Private meeting with Sheldon Adelson in Las Vegas, Nevada.

9:00 PM: Rally inside the Reno Event Center in Reno, Nevada.
400 N Center St, Reno, NV 89501 ‎

“I don’t want to move America left or right. I just want to move America forward! American’s don’t want divisive gimmicks and rhetoric, and they certainly don’t want to be talked down to by the so called Campaigner in Chief. They want jobs. They want the soldier’s home. They want a government that executes policy, not partisan politics. What they want is what I offer: solutions.”

January 12th, 2012.

12:00 PM: Lunch at Mama’s Pizza in Laughlin, Nevada.
3030 Needles Hwy, Laughlin, NV 89029 ‎

2:00 PM: Meet and Greet with voters at the Riverside Hotel and Casino in Laughlin, Nevada.
1650 Casino Drive

5:00 PM: Rally at Bullhead City Community Park in Bullhead City, Arizona.
1251 Arizona 95, Bullhead City, AZ 86429 ‎

9:00 PM: Fundraiser at the Mirage Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV.

12:00 PM: Redeye flight to Miami.

January 13th, 2012.
10:00 PM: Speech to Hispanic Republicans at the Miami Hilton in Miami, Florida, with Ileana Ros-Lehtinen.
1601 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 ‎

12:00 PM: Speech at War Memorial Auditorium in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
800 NE 8th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 ‎

3:00 PM: Meet and Greet with students with congressional candidate Adam Hasner at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida.
777 Glades Rd #329, Boca Raton, FL 33431 ‎

6:00 PM: Meet and Greet with supporters at the Colony Hotel in Delray Beach, Florida.
525 E Atlantic Ave, Delray Beach, FL 33483 ‎

10:00 PM: Rally at the Palm Beach County Convention Center in West Palm Beach, Florida.
650 Okeechobee Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 ‎

Jon Huntsman addresses supporters in West Palm Beach, Florida.
“The national infrastructure system needs a complete renewal. Our roads and bridges are falling apart. While I have a great deal of respect for Governor Scott; in fact, he may be my favorite governor of any state right now, I am completely perplexed why he refused the funding for a high speed rail system. The benefits of such a system will allow us to compete globaly greater than ever before. High speed rail is the future, and it will pay off as we head into the uncharted waters of this century.

January 14th, 2012.

9:00 PM: Rally at City Island Park in Daytona Beach, Florida.
Orange Ave, Daytona Beach, FL 32114 ‎

11:00 PM: Speech to students at Stetson University in DeLand, Florida.
421 N Woodland Blvd, DeLand, FL 32723

2:00 PM: Touring the Cutrale Citrus Juices Plant in Leesburg, Florida.
11 Cloud St, Leesburg, FL 34748 ‎

5:00 PM: Town hall at FW Springstead High School in Spring Hill, Florida.
3300 Mariner Blvd, Spring Hill, FL 34606 ‎

9:00 PM: Rally with Charlie Crist at Williams Park in Saint Petersburg, Florida..
330 2nd Ave N, St Petersburg, FL 33715 ‎

January 15th, 2012:
9:00 AM: Rally at Ben Griffin Stadium in Gainesville, Florida.
W. University Avenue, Gainesville, Florida, USA

12:00 PM: Rally at Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, Florida.
3076 95th Dr, Live Oak, FL 32060 ‎

3:00 PM: Rally at Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee, Florida.
W Pensacola St, Tallahassee, FL 32304 ‎

6:00 PM: Addressing the Florida State Legislature in Tallahassee, Florida.
402 S Monroe St, Tallahassee, FL 32399 ‎

10:00 PM: Flight to Las Vegas.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #333 on: June 30, 2013, 08:39:12 PM »

Mitch Daniels's Schedule: January 11 to January 15, 2012:

It's always sunny in South Carolina:

January 11th:

Fly to South Carolina, opening of new offices throught the state.
Speech in Columbia, SC, with Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry and John Kasich.
Fundraiser and Party in Columbia, SC.

January 12th:
Bus Tour in Rock Hill, SC, with Newt Gingrich.
Bus Tour in Greenville, SC, with Next Gingrich.
Bus Tour in Summerville, SC, with Newt Gingrich.

"South Carolina is a state that I hold very dear. A state I personally admire, a state that I feel represents the good things that the Republican Party has to offer. Ladies and gentlemen, Mitch Daniels is trying to appeal to those very same things, and he is the right man to lead our party. He has the vision and the bold conservative leadership we need to get rid of Barack Obama!"

January 13th:
Town Hall in Anderson, SC, with John Kasich.
Town Hall in Aiken, SC, with John Kasich.
Barnstorm in Charleston, SC, with John Kasich.
Rally in Charleston, SC,  with John Kasich.

"I feel that our campaign will face victory here in South Carolina. We stand strong in the polls despite the fact that we haven't been able to campaign a lot in the state, we have the support of great crusaders such as Speaker Gingrich, and I feel absolutely confident that this primary will do a great deal to change the way the Republican race is going."

January 14th:
Barnstorm in Spartanburg, SC, with Rick Perry.
Barnstorm in Mount Pleasant, SC, with Rick Perry.
Barnstorm in North Charleston, SC, with Rick Perry.

"Folks, I stand here for Mitch because I believe in him. I believe in his vision, in his record, in his ability to lead. We have a President that knows nothing about leading a nation, and we need a change, change that only the Republican Party can provide. He is the man that South Carolina wants for the job, not Gov. Huckabee!"

January 15th:
Rally in Sumter, SC.
Barnstorm in Florence, SC.
Fundraisers in Columbia and Charleston, SC.

Announcements, Messages and Other Things:

1.- New Ad: "Proven Conservative" (Aired in SC):

Voiceover: Some people still contend that Mitch Daniels is a weak candidate, a candidate who can't win. But what is the real opinion of Republicans about him?

Perry: Hello, South Carolina. I'm Rick Perry, a Governor who has always tried to put conservative leadership in my state. And Mitch Daniels shares my vision.

Gingrich: Hello, South Carolina. I'm Newt Gingrich, a former Speaker who wanted big ideas, a the necessary consensus to get these ideas, the Contract with America, through congress. And Mitch Daniels shares my ideas.

Kasich: Good day, South Carolina. My name is John Kasich, a Governor that tries to act according to a record of real leadership and real solutions. And Mitch shares my record!

Daniels: Next week, I invite you to vote for someone who can provide this country with the things that needs to get out of this problems. That's why I approve this ad.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #334 on: June 30, 2013, 09:08:53 PM »

Mitch Daniels Debate Answers:

"Of course! Those soldiers risk their lives so we can be safe here in America, and the only thing they ask for their service is the opportunity to live a good life. They don't want medals, they don't want to be in movies, they want to be recognized. The President is the commander in chief, and every commander in chief has the duty of taking care of the soldiers. The President liked to speak about sending the troops home, about helping them improve their lives, only for those soldiers to return from Iraq to be disregarded. We should know better."

"It can be done, but it remains to be seen how long will it take. We could work faster with a Republican Senate, as Senator Ayotte said, but even in adverse conditions a President should know how to compromise and how to get things done. If I'm elected, I will give my best effort to introduce a plan similar to the one we have in Indiana, which I explained in a previous debate and that even Gov. Huckabee praised. Good, solid solutions based on our free market."

"I am very satisfied why the results of the race so far. Yes, I lost New Hampshire, but I have had the opportunity to share with many Americans, learn about their concerns, and give a renewed strength to my faith in democracy. Life does not give you do-overs, and a Presidential candidate must always look ahead, never back. Still, I would have liked to answer in a stronger way to the attacks. It's too late already to stop the attacks, and the bridges are burned, but a stronger signal would have perhaps stopped Gov. Huckabee on his bad taste about attacks."

"It is a simple answer: Prioritizing. America is a land that welcomes all kinds of people, but some of those peope have exaggerated on their desire to come here. Anyone who argues that immigrants are unwanted is wrong, since they can provide vital working and job creator skills. If we were to prioritize those workers over the ones who come here instead of those who merely happen to live next door or who are related to someone who is already here, we could have a great tool to help our economy without keeping jobs away from the American people. We are supposed to create jobs, not take them away, and that's why we must focus on the growth of our economy while keeping a tight and secure border."

"I'm pro-life and I have always been like that. Still, we have to be realistic. If someone gets a pregnancy by a simple mistake: it would be a crime to perform an abortion, since that is merely irresponsibility. But what happens when a mother's life is at danger? What happens when that woman was raped, or forced to commit incest? Are we really going to force her to have that baby, knowing we could kill her or force her to a greater suffering. I'm a religious man, and I believe in compassion, so I would never do things like supporting funding of embryonic stem cell research, but we have to look at the greater picture and put ourselves in the place of that woman."

"I think that combining the notions of my work as budget director and the increase on the deficit is a mistake. We must not forget that during that period of time, a big part of it was in the middle of a Democratic congress, which kept on pushing forward greater and greater spending, causing a lot of trouble to our office. Look, I was proud to be part of that administration. Yes, I think the Bush tax cuts were good and timely and helped the economy to recover very very quickly from that recession. But if you want to know what I think about fiscal issues, don't look at 2 1/2 years when I was in the supporting cast with no vote. Look at six years where I was in a responsible position, submitting budgets and fighting for them. There's the record that I think is most accurate, and that's why I would provide a new way for America."
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #335 on: June 30, 2013, 09:13:05 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2013, 09:14:46 PM by Caveman Clinton1996 »

Obama Schedule for Week of January 11th
"Tell that Obstructionist, Do-Nothing Republican Congress to Pass This Bill. We can't wait on them. There are millions of middle class jobs at stake, and all they care about is winning an election nearly a year away. This bill will rebuild millions of roads and bridges. It'll put cops out there to protect those bridges, and firefighters to keep 'em from burning. It'll fix up those schools, falling apart. And it'll put Teachers back in the classroom. It'll provide job training to those that need it. Pass this bill, so we can move America Forward!"

1/11/2012
-Flight to North Carolina
-Campaign Rally in Charlotte, NC
-Town Hall in Charlotte, NC

1/12/2012
-Flight to Georgia
-Campaign Rally in Atlanta, GA
-Campaign Rally in Warner Robins, GA
-Town Hall in Warner Robins, GA

"The state of Georgia has cut thousands of teachers since the Great Recession. And it would've been even more if not for those loans to state governments from the Stimulus. But that's not enough. The American Jobs Act will give those teachers back their jobs and cut class sizes down dramatically. Call Congress, and tell 'me to Pass This Bill , and move America Forward!"

1/13/2012
-Flight to Florida
-Campaign Rally in Miami, FL
-Town Hall in Miami, FL
"Governor Rick Scott denied funding for a High Speed Rail system, to provide clean and affordable transportation to working Americans. Even a GOP Candidate for my job, my former Ambassador to China, agrees this is a good idea. Well the American Jobs Act provides funding for it. But a few congressional obstructionists, thinking like Scott, decided to block it's passage. Call Congress, and tell 'em to Pass This Bill!"

1/14/2012
-Flight to Washington D.C
-Meeting with Speaker Boehner and Minority Leader McConnell
-Meeting with Minority Leader Pelosi and Majority Leader Reid

1/15/2012
-Intelligence Briefing
-Breakfast with Maine Senators Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe
-Capitol Hill Meeting with Ohio Sen. Rob Portman, Nevada Sen. Dean Heller, Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown
-Dinner With Pres. Bill Clinton, Arizona Sen. John McCain, South Carolina Sen. Lindsay Graham, Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk, and Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski
-Press Conference

"We just got back from dinner with a few Senators. We can report that we made a bit of progress in talks of passing the bill. We can also report that John McCain is freakin hilarious man. I might stick around a bit to help with negotiations. At least if Barack and Hillary says its fine. Nobody likes a backseat President."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #336 on: June 30, 2013, 09:22:29 PM »

Daniels Campaign Surrogates:

South Carolina:

Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry and John Kasich: Campaigning with me, and when not, holding fundraisers and rallies in the cities of Columbia, Charleston and North Charleston.

Nevada:

Brian Sandoval and Dan Quayle:
January 11-12: Barnstorming Henderson and Reno.
January 13: Holding rallies in Las Vegas.
January 14-15: Holding fundraisers with Republican officials in the state.

Florida:

Condi Rice and Rob Portman:
January 11-15: Bus tour in the whole state, including visits and rallies in Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando and Miami.

Maine:

Rob McKenna and Dick Lugar:
January 11 and 12: Holding two rallies in Augusta and Portland.

Minnesota:

Rick Snyder, Tim Pawlenty and Scott Walker:
January 13: Joint barnstorm and rally in Minneapolis.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #337 on: June 30, 2013, 09:22:36 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2013, 09:30:35 PM by Caveman Clinton1996 »

Bill Clinton Interview With Ellen
Ellen: "Well what do you think of the Republican Candidates?"

Bill: "I don't like to cut people down, but I'll try. Mike Huckabee took over for me in Arkansas, and beat my Lt. Governor. He's pretty far out there on social issues and kind lead my state's race to the bottom on education. Kelly Ayotte's a Tea Partier masquerading as a moderate. Mitch Daniels was the guy who misforcast the cost of the Iraq War and squandered my surplus.

Ellen: "So you're supporting the President's re-election?"

Bill: "I'll work as hard as Clintonly possible to get him reelected. None of our predecessors, not me, George, 41, or Reagan, none of us coulda done better than he did. The mess he came into is gonna take at least a decade to fix. He passed health reform while nursing an economy back to health. We ain't nowhere near there yet, but we're getting there. The Right is raving on about how we need to cut, cut, cut. Well folks, look at Europe. They're near full blow Depression. Because they tried to cut their way to prosperity. It doesn't work. That's what's gonna happen if Daniels or Huckabee gets in there."
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #338 on: June 30, 2013, 09:32:18 PM »

Would anybody be mad if I made Bill Clinton my VP?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #339 on: June 30, 2013, 09:35:32 PM »

Would anybody be mad if I made Bill Clinton my VP?

Probably, but I could be Joe Biden if Jayhawker allow me and Spiral don't mind. I may drop the ball after sometime though.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #340 on: June 30, 2013, 09:46:21 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2013, 02:09:33 AM by Governor Spamage »

Hutchison Interview on Hannity:

Sean Hannity (SH): ... and tonight, following 2 losses in New Hampshire and Iowa, and yet was also the only top 3 candidate in both races, we have Kay Bailey Hutchison here to talk about South Carolina, the rest of the primaries, and the President, welcome Senator. First off hows you're week been? I mean you just got out of 2 hectic weeks of campaigning and you're now preparing for a 3rd state.

Kay Hutchinson (KH)Sad Its been good Sean, contrary to what some people have been saying. People are still listening to my campaign and its message of responsibility in the Oval Office. In fact, I just met some new supporters here in Columbia right before appearing on your show. People are actually impressed by the fact that I'm one of the few candidates, if not the only one, whose competitive nationwide. Polling looks well here in South Carolina, down south in Florida, out to the west in Nevada and Arizona, and up to the north in Michigan. I still feel some confidence in our chance to win the nomination.

SH:
and what about South Carolina, polling shows you competitive with Mike Huckabee?

KH:
Well Sean, if you remember, before the other candidates came down to South Carolina I had a vast lead in the polls. While I don't think I'm invincible, I believe that those who were responding to polls earlier in the primary season are more likely to go vote than those who respond later. People here have been responding well to the fact that I've chosen to stay above the fray when it comes to personal attacks which have no part in this race and in fact, hurt our party. We musn't divide ourselves so, it hurts our image everywhere and turns off voters, something I know the Party definitely doesn't need.

SH: What do you take on the President's campaigning to get other Senators votes, Senator? Quite a few of the congressmen and women who endorsed you are on his list.

KH: I've talked with my friends on Capitol Hill and I'm confident most of them will side with the GOP on the issue. The President is doing what he does best, campaigning. I think it serves us all to ignore his antics and continue on with governing our nation, and maybe he'll take a hint and actually start governing. He calls us the "Republican do-nothing Congress" but I mean seriously, look at all the days he takes off, the time he spends out of Washington for personal activities really is ridiculous and he's not being accountable to his constituents, the American people. He's not even trying to compromise, and that's one of my biggest peeves with him at the moment. He pushes his agenda, with no exceptions, and ignores the fact that the American people chose in 2010 overwhelmingly in favor of the Republican Party.

SH: Good point Senator, and sadly its now time for a commercial break, come back soon we love having you on here!

KH: Thanks Sean!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #341 on: June 30, 2013, 10:11:54 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2013, 02:08:22 AM by Governor Spamage »

Hutchison Surrogate Schedules January 11th-15th, 2012

"Hutchison's Eleven

Jeb Bush

11th- Campaigning in Greenville with George H. W. Bush
12th- Speech in Greenwood to Senior Republicans
13th- Fundraising in Columbia
14th- Rally in Columbia alongside Chris Christie and Jan Brewer
15th- Interviews on local TV Networks for Hutchison

John Thune

11th- Speech in Camden
12th- Fundraiser in Greenville
13th- Rally at Myrtle Beach with Lindsey Graham
14th- Appearance on the O'Reilly Factor
15th- Speech on the Economy in Columbia

Chris Christie

11th- Appearance on the TODAY Show
12th- Speech in Hartsville
13th- Speech in Myrtle Beach with Jan Brewer
14th- Rally in Columbia alongside Jeb Bush and Jan Brewer
15th- Appearance on Laura Ingraham's Radio Show

Jan Brewer

11th- Speech in Columbia with Susan Martinez and Lindsey Graham
12th- Fundraiser in Camden
13th- Meet with local government officials, discuss voting for Hutchison
14th- Rally in Columbia alongside Jeb Bush and Chris Christie
15th- Fundraiser with Susana Martinez and Lindsey Graham

Lindsey Graham

11th- Speech in Columbia with Susana Martinez and Jan Brewer
12th- Speech to College Students and Young Republicans
13th- Rally at Myrtle Beach with John Thune
14th- Fundraiser with small donors in Columbia
15th- Fundraiser with Jan Brewer and Susana Martinez

Tim Scott

11th- Rally in Columbia with Black Republicans
12th- Campaigning across district
13th- Fundraiser in Myrtle Beach
14th- Speech in Charleston
15th- Rally with Unemployed Workers

Susana Martinez

11th- Speech in Columbia with Jan Brewer and Lindsey Graham
12th- Meet with South Carolina Hispanics, discuss Election
13th- Appearance on Rush Limbaugh's Radio Show
14th- Appearance on local news stations
15th- Fundraiser with Lindsey Graham and Jan Brewer

Connie and Mary Bono Mack

11th- Interviews on Local TV Stations
13th- Fundraisers in Florida
15th- Speech to Young Republicans in Columbia

Susan Collins

12th- Speech to Independents in Columbia
13th- Fundraiser in Charleston
14th- Rally with Undecided voters in Myrtle Beach

Nancy Reagan

11th-13th Filming of Ad alongside George H.W. Bush comparing Hutchison to Reagan
13th-15th Airing on Ad, continues up until Primary Day
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #342 on: June 30, 2013, 10:13:12 PM »

OOC: I'm curious, how many delegates do we have so far?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #343 on: June 30, 2013, 10:13:46 PM »

Breaking News...

We are getting reports out of Washington D.C. that Vice President Joe Biden has had a stroke. Please stay tuned for more information on this shocking development.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #344 on: June 30, 2013, 10:35:39 PM »

Statement from the Ventura campaign

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #345 on: June 30, 2013, 10:39:29 PM »

Kelly on hearing the news on her friend Joe.

Statement from the Kelly.
I am so sorry for the Biden family.  Even though me and Joe have our disagreements, we still are friends.  When I first arrived in washington, he made sure that I felt welcome, and I hope he makes a full recovery.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #346 on: June 30, 2013, 10:43:26 PM »

"While then Senator Biden and I didn't always agree on everything when we were both in the Senate, he's a respectable man and is in my prayers."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #347 on: June 30, 2013, 10:59:28 PM »

Huntsman campaign statement on the Biden stroke."
We are keeping Vice President Biden and his family in our thoughts and prayers at this time, and are praying for him to enjoy a speedy recovery."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #348 on: June 30, 2013, 11:00:39 PM »

Herman Cain Schedule: Off the Trail, on the Book Tour!

January 11th-15th: Bus Tour through the South, hitting South Carolina on the 12th and 13th and meeting up with Mitch Daniels
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #349 on: June 30, 2013, 11:10:25 PM »

Statement from The White House
"Good Evening. The Vice-President is currently receiving treatment at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. He is in critical condition, but the doctors say he can recover. The President is on his way over now. No questions please. We intend to keep the public updated. But Mrs. Jill Biden asks for your prayers."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies