2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:58:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 79800 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: February 09, 2014, 03:20:08 PM »

Kelly Ayotte Ad: "Red Debt Rising"Sad

To be played in PA, OH, NC, VA, FL, NH and CO.

We see the rise of federal debt under the Obama Administration (2009-2012).

Voiceover: Right now, there's only one thing rising in America's economy: debt. You might think it's not dangerous, but our economic is getting more and more unstable with these levels, the highest of any administration in this country's history. And what is the President doing? He increases spending levels more and more, adding to our debt and creating an enemy made of ink: Red Debt that rises.

Voiceover: On November 4th, vote for Kelly Ayotte and help America erase the deficit.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Kelly Ayotte Ad: "Recovery"Sad

To be played in PA, OH, NC, VA, FL, NH and CO.

We see graphics showing the lack of new jobs in America.

Voiceover: Barack Obama began his term under the promise of lowering unemployment and leading America to recovery, helped by a Democratic Majority in the Senate and the House. Four years later, unemployment is up, and none of his policies seem to work. Kelly Ayotte and Chris Christie have fought before for a better economy in their respective offices, and they know what needs to be done to recover our jobs: they will fight to lower spending and kill the deficit, and their policies stand ready to create thousands of new jobs.

Voiceover: On November 4th, vote for Ayotte/Christie to see recovery in America.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #776 on: February 09, 2014, 06:23:38 PM »

A detailed update is coming soon...
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #777 on: February 09, 2014, 06:29:00 PM »

OOC: Could I maybe hop in as Crossroads GPS? To push the GOP over the top.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #778 on: February 09, 2014, 06:32:35 PM »

I would like if you could do it.  but it is up to issac.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #779 on: February 09, 2014, 06:49:09 PM »

Can we wait Obama debate answers?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #780 on: February 09, 2014, 06:58:22 PM »

That would be fine.

Superique - I want to go ahead and get the next turn going, but I'm not going to include the debate results in this update. Once Obama get's his answers in we will see a flash poll of how the debate alone affects the race.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #781 on: February 09, 2014, 06:59:33 PM »

That would be fine.

Superique - I want to go ahead and get the next turn going, but I'm not going to include the debate results in this update. Once Obama get's his answers in we will see a flash poll of how the debate alone affects the race.

Bwahahaha. Let's begin.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #782 on: February 09, 2014, 07:00:38 PM »

Hillary Clinton Statement on Ayotte's Add

Republicans put the Iraqi War and the Afghan War in the credit card, they erase the surplus created by my husband when he was President, they call for more expenditures on defense and in many other areas and now they say that they are going to erase the deficit? Quite frankly, this is just a bunch of campaign time lies!

The Democratic Party is the only one that is working with strong and powerful fiscal responsibility; it's the only one that is talking about reforms that streamline government and increase investment and growth. The truth is that the GOP austerity is going to be designated for the poor and the middle class, while fiscal lunacy will be aimed for the rich and for the military complex. Cut food stamps, cut the social security, cut the income tax for the super-rich and give a lot of subsidies for the very wealthy. That's the real and sole economical policy of the GOP.  
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #783 on: February 09, 2014, 07:01:50 PM »

That would be fine.

That's very appreciated.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #784 on: February 09, 2014, 07:18:18 PM »

It doesn't matter how hard we campaign, we are always loosing ground!!!
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #785 on: February 09, 2014, 07:20:04 PM »

- What can you say to students getting ready to graduate from college to assure that they will be able to sufficiently support themselves?
"I know times have been tough, and so do you. We are in the midst of fighting our way back from the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression of the 1930s. Now I've got a plan to alleviate the pain and make sure you've got a job waiting for you. First, I'm cutting student loan interest rates in half so you don't have to cut off an arm and a leg to get a quality education. Second, I'm providing tax incentives to companies that hire new workers, especially those fresh outta school. In my Health Care Law, ObamaCare, I've made it possible to stay on your parent's plan til you're 26; and starting in October of next year, you can enroll on the health exchanges and get your own affordable care. What we need is leadership in Washington that has the new ideas to push forward, and the leadership to work across the aisle to get the job done. That's what I've been doing in office, and that's what I'd do in a second term. Thank you."

- President Obama - Why did you focus primarily on health care during the first two years of your administration instead of on jobs?
"First of all, I think the premise of that question is a bit off. During my entire tenure of office, I've had a laser focus on jobs. My first act of office was a jobs bill, the Recovery Act, which pumped billions of dollars into the pockets of working families and the economy to stop the downside without the help of my Republican friends. It didn't push us into boom times, but it gave us some positive growth. Now, the ACA was made to help families suffering not just from the recession, but from decades of poor health insurance. It was hard to get a job, and ObamaCare makes it so you don't need a job to have health care, because it is a basic human right. My primary focus was and is on helping middle class and working families get a fair shot in an increasingly unfair system and economy. That is my promise to you and your family tonight, and in a second term."
- Where do the candidates stand on climate change?
"An overwhelming super majority of climate scientists worldwide agree that climate change is occurring, and that humans play a part in it. Now for some reason, many people have stooped to debating how much of an impact humans have on the environment. I've got an idea though. Regardless of if CO2 levels have made that hole in the Ozone Layer, and if humans had a hand in boosting the levels in the atmosphere, why don't we do something about it anyway. We're either in a climate crisis, or we're not. But keeping our planet clean for future generations shouldn't hinge on quelling the doubts of a few. We should do it because it's the right and smart thing to do. During the last four years, I've put in places policies to make America energy independent, and to push us toward a green economy. I've proposed a plan to cap CO2 emissions, that will cut both it and the deficit at the same time. There's no doubt something needs to be done. We just need a Congress that'll pass it, and a President to sign it. And I hope to be that President."

- What should the federal government do in regards to LGBT rights?
"To be honest, there shouldn't be any such thing as LGBT Rights. There are human rights, and that is it. I've come out in favor of Marriage Equality because I don't see it as the government's role to restrict the rights of or discriminate against any American. In 2010 I pushed for the end of Don't Ask Don't Tell and we got it done. Be instructed my Attorney General to push for an end to the discriminatory Defense of Marriage Act. While Senator Ayotte may disagree, I see it as the role of the government to protect the rights of its citizen's; and that's what I'll do for every American."

- What is your vision for immigration reform?
"We are a nation of immigrants. We all understand what this country has become because talent from all around the world wants to come here. People are willing to take risks. People who want to build on their dreams and make sure their kids have an even bigger dreams than they have. But we're also a nation of laws. So what I've said is we need to fix a broken immigration system and I've done everything that I can on my own and sought cooperation from Congress to make sure that we fix the system. The first thing we did was to streamline the legal immigration system, to reduce the backlog, make it easier, simpler and cheaper for people who are waiting in line, obeying the law to make sure that they can come here and contribute to our country and that's good for our economic growth. They'll start new businesses. They'll make things happen to create jobs here in the United States. Number two, we do have to deal with our border so we put more border patrol on the -- any time in history and the flow of undocumented works across the border is actually lower than it's been in 40 years.What I've also said is if we're going to go after folks who are here illegally, we should do it smartly and go after folks who are criminals, gang bangers, people who are hurting the community, not after students, not after folks who are here just because they're trying to figure out how to feed their families. And that's what we've done. And what I've also said is for young people who come here, brought here often times by their parents. Had gone to school here, pledged allegiance to the flag. Think of this as their country. Understand themselves as Americans in every way except having papers. And we should make sure that we give them a pathway to citizenship."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #786 on: February 09, 2014, 07:24:07 PM »

Your constant complaining is starting to get really old. The Ayotte/Christie schedule was slightly better than yours this week: the schedules were pretty even, as I pointed out, bu they had better advertising, and Ventura had a nice swipe at Clinton. If you have such a problem with the way I'm running things, you are more than welcome to withdraw and we can find someone else to play Clinton.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #787 on: February 09, 2014, 07:31:57 PM »

RealClearPolitics

Polling Update

NATIONAL AVERAGE

Obama/Biden: 43%
Ayotte/Christie: 43%
Ventura/Paul: 12%
Undecided/Other: 2%

Generic Ballot
Republicans: 46.5%
Democrats: 45.2%

State Polls:

Ohio
Ayotte/Christie - 45%
Obama/Clinton - 45%
Ventura/Paul - 7%

West Virginia
Ayotte/Christie - 54%
Obama/Clinton - 35%
Ventura/Paul - 9%

North Dakota
Ayotte/Christie - 49%
Obama/Clinton - 32%
Ventura/Paul - 16%

New Hampshire
Ayotte/Christie - 45%
Obama/Clinton - 42%
Ventura/Paul - 10%

Pennsylvania
Obama/Clinton - 46%
Ayotte/Christie - 41%
Ventura/Paul - 9%

Week Summary:
The campaigns have reached the final stretch, with Obama and Ayotte hitting the airwaves like never before. The Obama campaign had a better strategy in terms of states targeted compared to what Ayotte/Christie employed, but most agree that the Republicans ground game was particularly better, especially on the part of Chris Christie, who received attention for blasting Clinton on civil liberties. Now would be the time most would expect Ventura/Paul to fade, but they are showing no signs of backing down, running an aggressive campaign that is hitting both sides pretty hard.

Republicans have been slowly building their lead in the generic ballot - it appears almost certain that the GOP will keep the House. The real battle will be the Senate, where Republicans have been working hard to take back the majority. Polling suggests it will come down to the wire.

Debate Grades:
Obama: B+
Ayotte: B-
Ventura: A-

Overall, Ventura was seen as having the strongest answers, though after losing a bit of momentum in recent weeks, most agree it was Obama who was the true winner tonight. He got off to a strong start when responding to students and never lost steam. Jesse Ventura hit on both sides hard, re-asserting that he's in the double-digits to stay. Senator Ayotte gave an average performance - many noted that her answers seemed much more moderate and compromising than most thought she was, leading some of the base to be disappointed while also causing more Independent voters to give her campaign a serious look. Each side has positive things to reflect on from the debate, though Obama is hoping the momentum from this will translate to a strong campaign week and a boost in next week's polling.

October 22nd - 28th has now begun! Smiley

There will be the FINAL debate this round - I'll post questions sometime in the next few days.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #788 on: February 09, 2014, 07:47:44 PM »

There are some core rights that belongs to every American Citizen
Bernie Sanders - Statement - Focused on Grassroots

Ayotte doesn't want to say that she is just a very conservative politician trying to portrait itself like a moderate. When we are talking about abortions rights, she just keep it up with the same things that her PR assistant called her to do, when she talks about drugs, she says that this is a state issue, when it comes to LGBT rights, she says that she will respect state rights, Gun Control, state rights.

Quiet frankly folks, we need to have someone that can be bold, that can stood against immoral common sense and start to work on to change things and that's something that we cannot have with Ayotte and even with Ventura. Whenever there is a complicated issue, whenever there is something that those people can damage themselves with the conservative electorate, those kinds of politician start to moan about state rights. State Rights straight and easy talk is always used to keep with the status quo, this same talk was used during Jim Crow, during Slavery and on many other places and this is not healthy talk. A certain level of independence is healthy for everyone but we must agree that there are some rights that are universal, they don't belong to people of New York, people of Florida or the people of California, there are some kinds of rights that are universal for every American Citizen.

They just don't have Foreign Policy Experience.
John Kerry - Statement on Foreign Policy

It's just outrageous how things are developing on this campaign. We've got a conspiracy theory lover winning 10% of the vote and we've got a Republican Ticket with none Foreign Policy record or experience. Then, you take a look at their platforms and how they would deal with foreign matter and you will see that they just don't know how to handle things. While I appreciate Paul and Ventura principles, we must understand that pure non-interference on global matters is not the answer on this multipolar complex shaky and diverse world.

Ventura wants to leave all of our allies abroad without a partner to count in, he wants resignation among the world injustices while Ayotte has not even mentioned more comprehensively this issue. Obama and Hillary got a strong record on Foreign Policy; they have killed Osama Bin Laden, they have ended this terrible war on Iraq, the Middle East situation is improving, they are working on a honorable exit on Afghanistan and they are strengthening relations abroad with respect and diplomacy not obsessive threats and fear. Obama is a respectful leader with proven leadership, the others? They have nothing good to offer!
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #789 on: February 09, 2014, 07:53:55 PM »

Your constant complaining is starting to get really old. The Ayotte/Christie schedule was slightly better than yours this week: the schedules were pretty even, as I pointed out, bu they had better advertising, and Ventura had a nice swipe at Clinton. If you have such a problem with the way I'm running things, you are more than welcome to withdraw and we can find someone else to play Clinton.

This game was almost stagnant with Obama falling down every time. It's pretty sad when people don't see the value of good players. I will be Clinton until election day and I won't be giving up because I have some disagreements with polling and stuff. Still I never thought that I would such aggressive words from someone that I consider a friend...

Just allow me to criticize God! I'm not criticizing you directly because I really don't make this a personal issue thing at all. I'm enjoying this campaign game and I'm totally fine if you believe that they are playing better but I still have my own right to criticize whatever I want. Anyway, Namaste!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #790 on: February 09, 2014, 07:57:30 PM »

I consider you a friend too, but I don't appreciate all of these subtle criticisms on the job I'm doing. This provides little gain to me - I'm doing this for the enjoyment of the forum and the players. If you actually had reasoning behind your criticisms, I would certainly take those into account, but it's frustrating when about the only feedback I'm getting from the players is you tossing in some criticisms after what seems to be every update  I make.

I don't know what you mean by not seeing the values of good players - I guess that's directed towards me. 
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #791 on: February 09, 2014, 08:04:08 PM »

I consider you a friend too, but I don't appreciate all of these subtle criticisms on the job I'm doing. This provides little gain to me - I'm doing this for the enjoyment of the forum and the players. If you actually had reasoning behind your criticisms, I would certainly take those into account, but it's frustrating when about the only feedback I'm getting from the players is you tossing in some criticisms after what seems to be every update  I make.

I don't know what you mean by not seeing the values of good players - I guess that's directed towards me. 

You almost invited me to leave when I'm obviously bringing something nice for the game.

Even so, I believe that you are one of the strongest game moderators that I've ever soon. Your style and ability to compromise is very helpful and something that I really like. I enjoy your posts, your polls and yours maps. I'm not moaning about you specifically, I moaning about not going up in polls and that is not necessarily related to you. It's about having difficult and active challengers and I'm happy by having such a damn good people playing, still, I need to moan to "de-stressify" myself.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #792 on: February 09, 2014, 08:14:26 PM »

Great job, Isaac. It's nice to have people enjoying the game and writing such detailed posts in order to win the election (I'm glad it won't die before Election night!). It makes the game exciting and even funny sometimes!

And, you know, I'm moderating this now: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=178682.msg4049388;boardseen#new If you want to take part on it, you're welcome Smiley

Also, would anyone like to moderate the debates in the 2000 game?

If you need me here in this game, just PM me (any of you).
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #793 on: February 09, 2014, 08:19:11 PM »

You almost invited me to leave when I'm obviously bringing something nice for the game.

Even so, I believe that you are one of the strongest game moderators that I've ever soon. Your style and ability to compromise is very helpful and something that I really like. I enjoy your posts, your polls and yours maps. I'm not moaning about you specifically, I moaning about not going up in polls and that is not necessarily related to you. It's about having difficult and active challengers and I'm happy by having such a damn good people playing, still, I need to moan to "de-stressify" myself.
I would hate for you to leave the game - I wasn't suggesting that you should leave, I was just saying if you have a problem with the way I run things, no one is forcing you to stay. Thank you for your kind words - if you have any constructive feedback on how I can improve the updates, I would be happy to listen.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #794 on: February 09, 2014, 08:48:26 PM »

Jesse Ventura Campaign Schedule: October 22-28

October 22
-Rally and GOTV in Miles City, MT
-Rally and GOTV in Helena, MT
-Rally and GOTV in Missoula, MT
-Rally and GOTV in Billings, MT
-Interviews with local media

The mainstream media out there thinks that we're supposed to be heading down at this point. "A third-party challenger can't possibly keep their votes until Election Day," they say. "Voters are going to vote for someone who can win." Well, if you ask me, that's all a bunch of bologna! I ran before in Minnesota and I doubt there were any journalists who believed I could capture the governorship, but I did so with the spirit of the people behind my back. They all said the same stuff 14 years ago. But take a look at the polls. I've been steadily rising and the Republicans and Democrats haven't phased me a bit. They may have the money, folks, but we have the momentum! Montana is receptive to my message of common-sense government and an end to the two-party dictatorship. Can I count on all of you to cast your vote and show the politicians that the people are still in charge?

October 23
-Rally and GOTV in West Fargo, ND
-Rally and GOTV in Minot, ND
-Rally and GOTV in Grand Forks, ND
-Rally and GOTV in Bismarck, ND
-Rally and GOTV in Fargo, ND

We had another debate a few nights ago, you may have seen it. Here's something I found interesting: after the debate was over, the media said that I had the strongest answers out of the three candidates up there. The polls on regular Americans who watched said the same thing. People always ask me, "Jesse, what do you do to be such a good debater?" I don't have any magic trick up my sleeve when I go and speak, but there's one thing you must always do: tell the truth. Telling the truth is what I'm best at, because I'm not another old phony politician who is only in the game for the money. When I seek office I want to actually serve the people, not the special interests. Barack Obama and Kelly Ayotte only tell you, the American people, nice lies, but if you want a candidate with some meat behind what they say and do, I'm your guy.

October 24
-Rally and GOTV in Golden Valley, MN
-Rally and GOTV in New Brighton, MN
-Rally and GOTV in Lino Lakes, MN
-Rally and GOTV in Chaska, MN
-Rally and GOTV in Northfield, MN

Hello again, Minnesota! I decided that I'll be spending a couple of days in this great state. Why? Because I can win just like I won in 1998. The polls two weeks before the gubernatorial election back then only had me at 25%, but I ended up winning with 37% of the vote. Does that sound familiar? This is exactly where we are today! I am absolutely confident that the pollsters are underestimating my campaign's strength here. I'm going to make sure that we win Minnesota by mobilizing the troops across the state. My campaign has been very active making sure that we recruit all the young voters and getting them to come out. Now the election is fast approaching, and now more than ever I need your full support. Let's make it happen once more, my fellow Minnesotans.

October 25
-Rally and GOTV in Willmar, MN
-Rally and GOTV in Forest Lake, MN
-Rally and GOTV in Albert Lea, MN
-Rally and GOTV in Shoreview, MN
-Rally and GOTV in Ramsey, MN

You know, I was a little amused to see President Obama flaunt himself as being the big champion of the LGBT community. He only publicly endorsed same-sex marriage this year, and before then he kept on making the same tired statement of marriage being "between a man and a woman." Look at the record, ladies and gentlemen: Jesse Ventura's got you beat by a number of years! Like I said in the last debate, I actually expanded the privileges that same-sex couples can get in this state before the Democrats and Republicans made a dirty deal to get rid of that. This year there's a referendum on banning same-sex marriage here, which I'll be voting against. Just know that you've got another socially liberal candidate in this race who has a better record of defending minority rights than our President. Democrats shouldn't be afraid to support me, and in many ways, I'm a better Democrat than Obama is!

October 26
-Rally and GOTV in Winona, MN
-Rally and GOTV in Brooklyn Center, MN
-Rally and GOTV in Andover, MN
-Rally and GOTV in Woodbury, MN
-Rally and GOTV in Duluth, MN

Kelly Ayotte and Chris Christie may be the most hawkish Republican ticket since, well, John McCain and Sarah Palin. The Republicans seem to still believe in the Bush doctrine, but we've seen how that hasn't helped anyone. What can you say about the thousands of lives lost from our own troops and from civilians fighting the War on Terror? Terrorism is a concept, it's not an army. We'll always have terrorism, and our actions overseas have only made more enemies against this country. Obama was elected to clean up Bush's mess, but he's only added to the problem. Now he's droning people in Pakistan and Yemen as well, and how many civilians have been hit again? It's time that we rethink our foreign policy for a change. Both parties have been absolutely horrible on this, and we need a true independent revolution to ever shake things up in Washington.

October 27
-Rally and GOTV in Eden Prarie, MN
-Rally and GOTV in Bloomington, MN
-Rally and GOTV in Minneapolis, MN
-Rally and GOTV in St. Paul, MN
-Interviews with local media

It's a simple fact: the Democrats and Republicans have the money. I always knew going in that we would be outspent like crazy, because they have the connections to special interests. But do they have genuine grassroots support across the country? That's something that only we can claim, not them. The small donations from average people have been steady, and have only grown since the debates. Let's flash back to when I was running for Governor. I only raised $300,000, while the Democrats and Republicans raised a combined $12 million. Despite that staggering difference, I still won. Now I'm in double digits, and the support is only growing. They may throw everything they can against us, but we will not back down. Let's win this, together.

October 28
-Rally and GOTV in Santa Ana, CA
-Rally and GOTV in Long Beach, CA
-Rally and GOTV in Chula Vista, CA
-Rally and GOTV in Fresno, CA
-Rally and GOTV in Los Angeles, CA

Good to be back in California again! You know, I think I'll get a lot of votes in this state when the dust settles. I know that even many liberals out here are not satisfied with the President's performance. From being a hawk in foreign policy to shredding constitutional rights to bowing down to corporate interests, his record just hasn't been good. I've been disappointed in many ways, because I hoped he would be a real change from the Bush years, but he's only continued down that same path. The Republicans haven't come to actually respect the Constitution like they should as the small-government people they claim to be, so you're only used to drinking Coke and Pepsi in elections. But it doesn't have to be that way. My campaign has only gained more momentum as time goes on. We may be the underdogs, but I bet you that we'll shock everyone with how well we perform!

Surrogate Schedules

Gary Johnson: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and GOTV in New Mexico, Colorado, and Montana

Walter Jones, Jr.: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and GOTV in North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Kentucky

John Stossel: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and GOTV in California, New York, Wisconsin, and Alaska

Buddy Roemer: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and GOTV in Louisiana, Alaska, Hawaii, and Maine

Angus King: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and GOTV in Maine, New Hampshire, Michigan, and New York

Andrew Napolitano: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and GOTV in New York, Montana, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Penn Jillette: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and GOTV in Nevada, California, Colorado, and Pennsylvania

Barry Goldwater, Jr.: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and GOTV in Arizona, New Mexico, California, and Colorado

Ralph Nader: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and GOTV in Rhode Island, Vermont, New York, and California

Rocky Anderson: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and GOTV in Colorado, Vermont, Rhode Island, and Maine

Arne Carlson: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and GOTV in Minnesota

Al Quie: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and GOTV in Minnesota

Op-Ed: Go Independent This Year

By former Gov. Angus King (I-ME)

I've known Jesse since the 1990s, when both of us were independent governors. He had a true commitment to his state and he went above partisanship to get many things done with both Democratic and Republican support. Now this year, you have three choices instead of two for who you want your President to be. I'll be casting a vote for Governor Ventura in my home state of Maine. In an election full of slogans, he has offered real substance in what he says and he represents a real change from the status quo. I have no doubt in my mind that a President Ventura would work just as hard to be the people's voice in the White House as he did back in Minnesota. Vote Ventura/Paul this year, not as a protest vote, but as a vote for who you can trust.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #795 on: February 09, 2014, 09:02:12 PM »

Ventura TV Ad: Real Change

Going to war. Bailing out the banks. Increasing the debt. Eroding the Constitution. On all of these issues, the Democrats and Republicans have been in lockstep for years. Regular politicians promise you "change" only to never dish out on it. Washington doesn't listen to the people, it listens to special interests. But does it have to be this way? Jesse Ventura and Ron Paul aren't Democrats or Republicans: they're independents who only represent regular Americans.

This year, go bold. Vote Ventura/Paul for a real change and tell the Democrats and Republicans that you've had enough.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #796 on: February 14, 2014, 11:41:35 AM »

Ron Paul's schedule will be up shortly. Sorry for the delay.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #797 on: February 14, 2014, 11:44:54 AM »

My school is back, I'll try to post this weekend. There was a reason why I was pushing so much for a speeded up game during January Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #798 on: February 14, 2014, 12:45:49 PM »

Schedule coming later today, I'm also sorry for the delay.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #799 on: February 14, 2014, 01:07:27 PM »

Ron Paul Schedule: October 22nd-28th: "California Dreaming."

October 22nd:
Rally in Santa Barbara, California.
Rally in Santa Monica, California.
Fundraiser in Culver City, California.
Policy Speech in South Las Angeles, California.

“What happened in these neighborhoods twenty years ago was the direct result of the racist policies of the war on drugs and a disregard for the rule of law. Governor Ventura is running on restoring America back to her constitutional values. No more will the police detain a young black man, beat him, and then ship him to prison for having a small ounce of marijuana when they would give a young white man from San Francisco a slap on the wrist. Don’t be fooled by President Obama. He hasn’t done anything to truly help impoverished African Americans. He hasn’t ended the institutionalized racism of the war on drugs. He hasn’t ended the war in Afghanistan, and he has no regard for the constitution. When you go to vote, send a message to the President and Mrs. Clinton that this neighborhood is tired of him, and wants real solutions and real change!”

October 23rd:
Rally in San Diego, California.
Rally in El Centro, California.
Rally in Yuma, Arizona.
Rally in Blythe, California.

“Governor Ventura is against these absurd policies that tell farmers how many acres they can plant, what they can grow, what they can’t grow, and how much of it can be grown. Likewise, were gonna end the subsidies to big agribusiness, and actually spend the money on our actual small farmers, like you, who are the heart and soul of this nation’s economy, and have been so since the founding of our Republic."

October 24th:
Fundraiser in Monterey, California.
Fundraiser in Santa Cruz, California.
Rally in San Jose, California.
Rally in San Francisco, California.
Townhall for African American voters in Oakland, California.

October 25th:
Rally in Vallejo, California.
Rally in Sonoma, California.
Rally in Petaluma, California.
Fundraiser in Dillon Beach, California.

“Sonoma was the capital of the Bear Flag Republic. California, let me tell you, you don’t have to worry about a government whose capital is on the other coast ignoring you anymore, because President Ventura is going to restore as much power to the states as constitutionally possible, so Californians can have a say in the affairs of California, just like in 1846!”

October 26th:
Rally in Sacramento, California.
Rally in Davis, California.
Rally in North Granite, California.

“Behind us, sitting up on a hill, is Folsom Prison. People of North Granite, ask yourselves: how many prisoners there really belong there? It’s time we quite overloading our prisons with drug offenders so we no longer have the overcrowded, understaffed prisons we have today. Let’s keep prison for the rapists, the killers, and the thieves who truly plague society!”

October 27th:
Rally in Lodi, California.
Rally in Elk Grove, California.
Rally in Stockton, California.
Rally in Coloma, California.

“Here in Coloma, at a place now known as Sutters Mill, gold was discovered, and the famous California Gold Rush that built this state followed. Coloma, let me tell you something: gold is making a comeback!”

October 28th:
Rally in Eureka, California.
Rally in Crescent City, California.
Rally in Redding, California.
Rally in Chico, California.
Townhall in Gridley, California.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies