2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:33:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 79798 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: February 16, 2014, 12:18:15 AM »

Okay, this is really bad, but I want to get some questions up and just am not feeling it right now...

- What makes you most qualified to be President?
- What will be your Day 1 agenda if elected?
- Which historical President do you hope to most model yourself after?
- Would you support a flat tax in America?
- Who is the hero in your life?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #801 on: February 16, 2014, 08:14:23 AM »

Is this game going to freeze due to your leave of absence in Atlasia?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #802 on: February 19, 2014, 06:48:45 PM »

My LOA obviously caused no problems with the game as the turnout for this round remains abysmal.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #803 on: February 19, 2014, 09:24:26 PM »

My LOA obviously caused no problems with the game as the turnout for this round remains abysmal.

I tought you would froze the game since you were having problems.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #804 on: February 19, 2014, 09:31:56 PM »

I tought you would froze the game since you were having problems.
Yeah, this is what I was thinking. I'll get my debate answers up in the coming days. Really sorry to hear about your personal problems as well, I hope you get better.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #805 on: February 20, 2014, 09:46:30 PM »

As I also explained on the 2000 Game, I will be travelling for a few days from tomorrow on, which means I won't be able to post a schedule until Sunday night. My apologies!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #806 on: February 23, 2014, 09:03:43 PM »

Chris Christie:
"October 22nd - October 28th: Close to Victory?"

"Two weeks left, ladies and gentlemen! This is going to be a very close race, but I am confident that we have the path to victory. A few months ago, Senator Ayotte was far behind in the polls, and she had to contest certain voters with Gov. Ventura. Now we stand at a tie with the President and Secretary Clinton, and you know how they say that the undecided voters like good challengers! And I think the Democratic Party knows that very well, given that Senator Kerry decided to discuss foreign policy in debt. With all due respect, Senator, President Obama did not had actual foreign policy experience back in 2008, regardless of the attempts to make him a hero that would solve all our diplomatic problems. Have you seen what's going on in Pakistan, Egypt and the Middle East, Sir? That doesn't look positive to me."

October 22nd:
Virginia:
 -Barnstorm in Roanoke, VA.
 -Barnstorm in Suffolk, VA.
 -Barnstorm in Lynchburg, VA.
 -Barnstorm in Hampton, VA.
 -Town Hall in Alexandria, VA.
 -Town Hall in Richmond, VA.

October 23rd:
Ohio:
 -Bus Tour in Toledo, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Akron, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Dayton, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Canton, OH.
 -Barnstorm in Cleveland, OH.
 -Barnstorm in Cincinnati, OH.

"Do I like travelling around the nation? Believe it or not, I do. I think it's very important for a politician to know his or her constituency very well, but he also needs to know different realities. I have met with thousands of people, and I have learned a thousand stories. And sometimes it's not easy for me. I'm not saying this for political gain, but it does concern me when I see so many Americans out there without a job, some of them without a house after the crisis. It's easy to blame this party, but we stand ready to offer a solution, and we have a plan. The White House tried their own plan with a Congressional majority, but it wasn't enough, and the voters expressed their opinion very well in the Midterms. It's time for you to do again."

October 24th:
New Hampshire:
 -Town Hall in Merrimack, NH.
 -Town Hall in Dover, NH.
 -Town Hall in Salem, NH.
 -Town Hall in Weare, NH.
 -Rally in Keene, NH.
 -Rally in Bedford, NH.

October 25th:
Florida:
 -Bus Tour in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
 -Bus Tour in Cape Coral, FL.
 -Bus Tour in Orlando, FL.
 -Bus Tour in St. Petersburg, FL.
 -Barnstorm in Miami, FL.
 -Barnstorm in Tampa, FL.

"It's easy to go after me for a percieved lack of experience, but let's be candid here, my opponent as VP is Hillary Clinton! Everbody could be acussed of lacking experience when compared to her. That said, I believe that quality surpasses quantity, and I'm confident on my ability to be the Vice-President of the United States of America. And of course, I believe the same about Senator Ayotte, whom I think has been an outstanding standard-bearer for our party this election. It's never easy to run for President, it's very tough, but there she is, fighting until the last day. I think the voters will reward that kind of hard work."

October 26th:
New Mexico:
 -Town Hall in Clovis, NM.
 -Town Hall in Hobbs, NM.
 -Barnstorm in Santa Fe, NM.
 -Barnstorm in Albuquerque, NM.
 -Rally in Las Cruces, NM.
 -Rally in Rio Rancho, NM.

October 27th:
New Mexico:
 -Town Hall in Carlsbad, NM.
 -Town Hall in Gallup, NM.
 -Barnstorm in Roswell, NM.
 -Barnstorm in Albuquerque, NM.
 -Rally in South Valley, NM.
 -Rally in Farmington, NM.

"It's a shame that Senator Ayotte was the one of us who went to the West more than the other, I enjoy being in New Mexico. Sure, it's very different from New Jersey, but it has a lot of positive qualities. This is the state with the highest percentage of hispanic residents, and the media might very well believe that we can't win this state. But I disagree, I think that we are ready to tackle down immigration in a very efficient way. I think that many hispanic voters will go Republican in 2012, and their faith on Senator Ayotte will most certainly be rewarded."

October 28th:
Maine:
 -Town Hall in Lewiston, ME.
 -Town Hall in Auburn, ME.
 -Town Hall in Biddeford, ME.
 -Town Hall in Saco, ME.
 -Rally in Augusta, ME.
 -Rally in Portland, ME.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #807 on: February 27, 2014, 07:50:33 AM »

Nothing else this round?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #808 on: February 27, 2014, 08:44:06 AM »
« Edited: February 27, 2014, 09:21:24 PM by Governor Spiral »

My answers will come tonight or tomorrow depending on how things go.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #809 on: February 27, 2014, 08:18:54 PM »

Next week is carnival, please wait!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #810 on: March 05, 2014, 11:10:29 AM »

Jesse Ventura Debate Answers

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Above all else, something that I’ve had in my life is guts. I wasn’t afraid to serve my country as a Navy SEAL four decades ago, and I served honorably. When your country calls you to be enlisted, you don’t go act like a chickenhawk and hide behind others while you support these wars. When I decided to first jump into politics, I knew what I was going into, and I knew that the odds were against me, but I kept going. And because I kept going, I became Mayor of Brooklyn Park and Governor of Minnesota. I went against both the Democrats and Republicans and I was rewarded with victory through my determination. I took my jobs seriously; I was not beholden to any special interests like so many politicians out there. What I won’t do is simply shut up because people don’t like what I have to say. I’m concerned with the truth, and I’ll make the truth known in whatever way I can. If it means running for political office again, then this is the path I will take. You can’t be a quitter, though, even with whatever they throw your way. I’m sure I’ve made my enemies over the years, but they won’t stop me that easily. No matter what, I’m going to make myself heard, and I’ll do it with honor. More of our elected officials should act like statesmen instead of politicians.

I would do a few things immediately in my first day. The first thing I’ll do is get rid of that awful NDAA law that passed last year, where citizens can be indefinitely detained without being charged for something. I was under the impression that we lived in a free society, but the Democrats and Republicans have both undermined our Constitution. Obama has ignored our rights just like Bush ignored our rights, so where’s the change? Next, I’ll pardon Bradley Manning. Whistleblowers shouldn’t all be treated as the scum of the earth. What Manning exposed was soldiers in Iraq striking innocents, and yet even though those people are still freely walking, Manning is the one who got arrested for exposing those war crimes. If something is no longer a pressing national security matter, then the government should declassify it. Finally, I will begin to finally pull all of our troops out of the Middle East. These wars were a mistake and we got nothing from waging these fights. Our troops should be put out there risking their own lives when we have a real threat to our country’s defenses, not for fighting a concept like terrorism which will always be around. I stand for bold changes unlike my opponents, and I will actually go through with my promises.

You know, I’ve always been fond of ol’ Abraham Lincoln. Here’s a guy who grew up poor yet went on to become President of the United States. He ran an insurgent campaign like I am, because the Republican Party wasn’t a dominant party at the time. He faced very troubling times with the breakup of the union and every decision he made wasn’t taken lightly at all. Lincoln and his troops eventually won the Civil War and were able to reunify the country. We may not see states seceding like in Lincoln’s time, but we’re definitely facing our own crisis right now. The economy is in the toilet, we’re losing international respect, and we’re losing our freedoms right before our eyes. You need a bold leader who can take a stand against this and try to better the nation for everyone, and out of the three people you see here on stage, who do you think can best tackle our problems in a new way?

For quite some time in my public career I’ve advocated for major tax reform. Our current tax code is an absolute mess, and we all know how intrusive the IRS is. I’ve come to the position that what we need is a national sales tax. Under my proposal, the income tax and the rest of the tax code we have today would be scrapped and the sales tax would be implemented in its place. It’s the fairest kind of tax because how much you pay depends on how you live your life. If you’re a billionaire who goes out and buys yachts all the time, then you’ll give a much bigger share of your income than someone who is frugal with their money and who spends wisely. Wealth is determined not by what you make, but what you buy. Personal responsibility is practiced this way, because now you, the people, will be able to decide how much money you want to give away to the government. Investment in the economy will be much more encouraged under this new system compared to our current archaic setup, and you will no doubt see a booming private sector again in no time. One thing people criticize about sales taxes is that they’re regressive, since they tend to make a bigger impact on the poor than the rich. To combat this, exemptions will be made for those who make $20,000 or less for items deemed necessary for living, such as food and clothing. We can get this economy moving again, and it will take an overhaul of how we do taxes to get there. The two parties may have failed you, but I won’t.

My hero in my life has to be my dad. This is someone who never got more than a middle school education, but who was the wisest man I’ve ever gotten to know. He was a veteran in World War II as was my mother, so we all served our country when the opportunity came to us. He taught me what it means to have a good work ethic and to be an honest person to yourself and to others. He also had a natural skepticism for people at the top, because he knew how people like to abuse their power. When I was a teenager, Dad once told me, “All politicians are crooks.” I said, “How can you say such a thing?” Then he looked me in the eyes and said, “Because they spend a million dollars for a job that only makes a hundred grand.” More than anyone else my father has shaped who I am today, and I’m forever grateful that he raised me up the right way.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #811 on: March 05, 2014, 11:18:44 AM »

Post-Debate Interview

Reporter: Governor Ventura, how do you feel about tonight's debate?

Ventura: Oh, wonderful. These polls that have been coming out all tell that I give the strongest answers out of the three candidates, and I think there's a good reason why that is. The people of the country see that they've been fed bologna and that they appreciate anyone who will say something new and not just identify with the two parties. I know I've shaken up the Obama and Ayotte camps, that's for sure.

Reporter: Do you think the momentum will last coming up to Election Day, though? Support for third-party candidates tends to wither away the closer we get to voting.

Ventura: Absolutely it will. Nothing I've seen out on the campaign trail indicates that my momentum is going away. In fact, I've made the biggest strides these last few weeks despite everything the Democrats and Republicans are throwing at me. I say let them keep launching those attacks while I do my own thing. Americans are waking up and they won't tolerate their nonsense anymore. That's why I'm rising in the polls.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #812 on: March 07, 2014, 08:27:35 PM »

Kelly Ayotte Schedule: October 22nd-November 6th: "Contesting it all"

Map of states being contested over the next 16 days in different ways by this campaign.

October 22nd:
Rally in Omaha, NE
Rally in Council Bluffs, IA
Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
Policy Speech in Des Moines, IA

“Right now Des Moines you are at a crossroads.  You, the people of the great state of Iowa will most likely decide who will win this election, and I ask you to consider both options.  One way you go, you will see what would have happened if Jimmy Carter had won a second term.  Our reputation around the world in ruin, and at home skyrocketing gas and heating prices.  And down the other you see growth, we as a nation being respected, and american's getting back to work.  I offer you the latter, but if you don't vote for me, you shall reap what you sow with President Obama.”

October 23rd:
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
Rally in Iowa City, IA
Rally in Davenport, IA

October 24th:
Rally in Janesville, WI
Rally in Racine, WI
Rally in Waukesha, WI
Rally in Milwaukee, WI
Town Hall for African American voters in Milwaukee, WI

October 25th:
Rally in Fond du Lac, WI
Rally in Oshkosh, WI
Rally in Green Bay, WI
Fundraiser in Green Bay, WI

October 26th:
Rally in Grand Rapids, MI
Rally in Lansing, MI
Rally in Southfield, MI

October 27th:
Rally in Detroit, MI
Rally in Detroit, MI
Rally in Ann Arbor, MI
Rally in Toledo, OH

Bus Tour

October 28th:
Rally in Cincinnati, OH
Rally in Cincinnati, OH
Rally in Cincinnati, OH
Rally in Dayton, OH
Townhall in Dayton, OH

October 29th:
Barnstorming in Warren, OH
Meet and Greet in Youngstown, OH
Meet and Greet in Painesville, OH
Barnstorming in Canton, OH

October 30th:
Meet and Greet in Pittsburgh, PA
Meet and Greet in Pittsburgh, PA
Rally in Pittsburgh, PA
Town Hall in Cranberry Township, PA
Rally in Cranberry Township, PA

October 31st:
Barnstorming in Harrisburg, PA
Rally in Lancaster, PA
Rally in King of Prussia, PA
Town Hall in Doylestown, PA
Barnstorming in Allentown, PA
Rally in Levittown, PA
Rally in Philadelphia, PA

November 1st:
Rally in Leesburg, VA
Town Hall in Arlington, VA
Rally in Annandale, VA
Barnstorming in Manassas, VA
Rally in Burke, VA
Barnstorming in Centreville, VA

November 2nd:
Rally in Richmond, VA
Rally in Richmond, VA
Town Hall in Norfolk, VA
Rally in Virginia Beach, VA
Rally in Virginia Beach, VA
Town Hall in Virginia Beach, VA

November 3rd:
Rally in Charlotte, NC
Town Hall in Charlotte, NC
Rally in Raleigh, NC
Town Hall in Raleigh, NC

November 4th:
Rally in Orlando, FL
Town Hall in Orlando, FL
Rally in Daytona Beach, FL
Town Hall in Daytona Beach, FL
Rally in Port Orange, FL

November 5th:
Rally in Miami, FL
Rally in Miami, FL
Rally in Miami, FL
Barnstorm in Miami, FL
Town Hall in Miami, FL

November 6th, 2008:
Appearance on Today Show vial Satellite
Voting in Nashua, NH for president
Rally in  Portsmouth, NH
Rally in Concord, NH
Meet and Greet in Manchester, NH
Watching results in Hotel in Manchester with family, friends and advisors.
Appearance on Fox News Election Night Coverage vial Satellite
Speech Conceding defeat or Pronouncing Victory.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #813 on: March 07, 2014, 09:27:07 PM »

Posting things tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. I still need Obama though =(
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #814 on: March 09, 2014, 08:42:39 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2014, 10:04:12 PM by SoEA Superique »

Hillary Clinton Campaign Schedule – October 22nd

Great Selfie Meryl! Now, excuse me, it’s time to win this election!

Iowa

October 22nd

Barnstorm in Sioux City.
Barnstorm in West Des Moines.
Mega-Rally in Ames.
Barnstorm and Speech in Des Moines.

Learning with The People

Bill: It’s really to good be on the Campaign Trail with Hillary, especially when she is not angry with me because I’ve forgotten the shoes in the middle of the living room. (Laughter) Anyway, I love campaigning; It’s always pleasant to talk with working families here and go on meeting with so many great people because you end up learning things that you could never imagine. And do you know what I’ve learned after chatting with people in Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, here in Iowa and so on? I’ve learned that people are still concerned with social justice, that people still believe that everyone deserves good standards of life and that no one should be denied its own constitutional and human rights!

Hillary: The same matters that concern the common citizens are the same things that guide the Democratic Party to improve people’s lives.  If those were not our main principles, we would have never passed the New Deal, the Civil Rights Act of 1965, Medicare, Medicaid and now the Affordable Care Act! Democrats are concerned with all people, not just with a few. That’s why I ask all of you to show up here in Des Moines and everywhere you are watching me to vote for the Democratic Candidates! Vote for our congressman, vote for our Senators and vote for Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, for President and Vice-President of the United States of America.

October 23rd

Barnstorm in Davenport.
Barnstorm in Clinton. – “It’s such a great honor to be in a city with my surname!”
Barnstorm in Dubuque.
Town Hall in Waterloo.
Barnstorm and Town Hall in Cedar Rapids.

Virginia

October 24th

Barnstorm in Virginia Beach.
Barnstorm in Norfolk.
Barnstorm in Newport News.
Speech Town Hall in Hampton.

Don't be fooled by Christie and Ayotte - Straight Talk

As the campaign develops, Republicans are always showing their faces again. We look to Christie and Ayotte, they look so new, they look so bold, but then after the glamour of conventions and debates, we realize that they are the same “trickle-down economics” that we’ve seen during all those years. Furthermore, they lack major experience to seriously run the White House. Obama was a new politician, not to mention a bold one, but he knew how to get things done!

I can’t see those attributes when it comes to Ms. Ayotte and Mr. Christie. They lack Foreign Policy experience, they repeat the errors of the Bush Era when it comes to Domestic Policy and they are always dodging to debate social issues, such as gay marriage and the war on drugs. I personally don’t want those two citizens guiding my country and I believe that you don’t want that too. The electorate wants people that can innovate, that bring something new to Washington, but they also want a strong leadership that can fight for the common citizen with knowledge and strength and this will only be possible if people vote for Obama in November! We need to stand up for our President and fight for four more years! Let’s keep going on Virginia and vote for the right man and for the right woman! Obama/Hillary 2012.

October 25th

Barnstorm in Richmond.
Town Hall in Richmond.
Barnstorm in Charlottesville.
Barnstorm in Dale.
Barnstorm in Arlington.

Florida

October 26th

Barnstorm in Gainesville.
Barnstorm in Orlando.
Town Hall in Tampa.
Barnstorm in St. Petersburg.

Our Social Security

Today I want to talk with you about Social Security, an issue that Floridians are mostly concerned.  Republicans and Jesse Ventura will try to convince you that they will reform it and keep it the same way that everyone likes, but if you take a closer look on how they will try to reform it, you will see that it’s all about cutting, cutting and, oh, maybe privatizing it! Seriously, guys! The seniors in America know that we cannot deal with the entitlement programs in that way! Obama wants to reform the Social Security in a responsible way; he wants to make people pay their fair share, he wants to see more actions against fraud and he wants to save money by streamlining and making the system more efficient, but not by gutting social expenditure while watching seniors thrive to find a way of living. A wise administration knows how to handle with entitlements, Democrats knows how to care for the eldest of our society! Unfortunately I cannot say the same thing of the Republicans and Jesse Ventura; they don’t see the impact of their actions to the common citizen. If America wants a President that is concerned with its citizen’s well being, then it should vote for Mr. Obama to the Presidency of the United States!

October 27th

Barnstorm Miami.
Fundraise Fort Lauderdale.
Barnstorm Hialeah.
Town Hall Port St. Lucie.

Ohio

October 28th

Barnstorm in Cincinnati.
Barnstorm in Columbus.
Town Hall in Akron.
Barnstorm in Cleveland.
Super-Rally in Cleveland.

A vision for the Future Speech

President Obama has settled up his major concerns for his second term: he wants Americans getting more education, more investments and better standards of living and this is also a major concern of mine! He had made clear that he wants the minimum wage to be raised, that he wants to provide more money to our roads, bridges and to our infrastructure and, more importantly, that he wants to make a serious pledge to education in order to see America prepared for the 21st Century with well paid jobs and good quality of life! It’s for this reason that he is the best man for the working families of America! He is the only one that is prepared to make those great things happen and he is the sole candidate with vision to see the great challenges that are coming up! I want a President that this vision and I believe that you want that man too, so, please let’s vote for the Obama/Clinton this next month and see our nation’s change moving on!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #815 on: March 11, 2014, 05:29:50 PM »

RealClearPolitics

Final Polling Update

NATIONAL AVERAGE

Ayotte/Christie: 41%
Obama/Biden: 39%
Ventura/Paul: 16%
Undecided/Other: 4%

Generic Ballot
Republicans: 47.8%
Democrats: 44.6%

Week Summary:
The week leading up to the election proves to be just as dramatic as the week before. Both Ayotte and Obama camps vowed to boycott the final debate if Ventura, who has been slowly climbing in the polls, was allowed to debate. The Elections Commission ultimately allowed him, and sticking to their promises, Ayotte and Obama boycotted the debate. As a result, several major networks dropped the debate, though it still appeared on several and gave Ventura a great opportunity to pitch his case to the nation.

To add to the drama, President Obama took another week off from the campaign trail, and Democrats from around the nation are becoming deeply despaired - this was an election they were favored to easily win with the GOP nominating someone so inexperienced, but if current trends continue, it appears efforts will be blown, which is also likely to lead to a complete GOP takeover in Congress as well. Democrats need to get their act together in this final week, otherwise Republicans will win in a romp.

THIS WILL BE THE FINAL TURN OF THE ELECTION!!!! Following everyone's posts, I will begin Election Night 2012.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #816 on: March 11, 2014, 05:38:24 PM »

I really can't believe that we have been playing this for eleven months... It's incredible!
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #817 on: March 11, 2014, 07:10:53 PM »

Gary Johnson (Ventura Surrogate) Schedule:

Oct. 31st:
Barnstorm and GOTV and campaign speech in St. Paul, MN
Town Hall and GOTV in Bloomington, MN
Rally and Speech in Minneapolis, MN

Governor Ventura is the man we need in the White House! Not someone who panders to their party! We need an independent voice, a voice that can govern! Governor Ventura has more experience governing than either of these candidates! If we want real change to the system, we need Jesse Ventura!

Nov. 1st:
Barnstorm and GOTV in Brooklyn Park, MN
Town Hall, Campaign and GOTV in St. Cloud, MN
Rally and Speech in Duluth, MN

Let's make a change Minnesota! You've done it once by electing Jesse Ventura to the governor's mansion, now let's send him to the White House! We have a chance to shake up the two-party system! Let's make the establishment shake in their boots! Let's give them something to worry about with real change! Let's make PRESIDENT Ventura happen!

Nov. 2nd:
Rally, Speech and Campaigning/GOTV in Fargo, ND
Town Hall and GOTV in Grand Forks, ND
Rally and Barnstorm/GOTV in Bismarck, ND

It's almost time North Dakota! We can make this an election to remember! Let's bring the first independent since Washington to the White House! Washington himself warned against political parties, and here we are, fighting against them still! Let's take Washington's advice and elect Governor Ventura to the White House!

Nov. 3rd:
Rally and Speech in Billings, MT
Barnstorm and GOTV in Bozeman, MT
Town Hall and GOTV in Butte, MT

We can do this! Our country is in dire need of a new president! One who understands the American people! A Washington outsider in every way! That man is Jesse Ventura! He has the experience and ideals that America needs right now, so lets get him to the White House!

Nov. 4th:
Town Hall and GOTV in Helena, MT
Rally and Speech in Great Falls, MT
Barnstorm and GOTV in Missoula, MT

It's time to buck party politics! We have a chance to make a REAL change! It's this adherence to parties that is taking America downhill! We have a chance to stop it! Come November 6th, vote Jesse Ventura for President! The only candidate with experience as a governor, and the only ticket where both members have served in the military! Let's elect a true leader!

Nov. 5th:
Rally and Speech in Fort Collins, CO
Campaign and GOTV in Boulder, CO
Barnstorm and Rally in Colorado Springs, CO

We have a chance to elect a candidate with real military experience, who will stand up for civil liberties! An independent is the only way to make changes in the political system, and Jesse Ventura is that independent! A Governor, A Marine, and our next President!

Nov. 6th:
Town Hall and GOTV in Santa Fe, NM
Rally and GOTV in Albuquerque, NM
Rally and Victory Speech in Las Cruces, NM

As your governor I stood for New Mexico, and I stood for Liberty, right now there is man who needs your help in doing that for America! Jesse Ventura is that man! We need true change, and a man who will stop corruption in its tracks! Let's do this!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #818 on: March 11, 2014, 07:59:04 PM »

Jesse Ventura Campaign Schedule: October 29-November 6

The Final Stretch

October 29
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Fort Worth, TX
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Austin, TX
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Dallas, TX
-Barnstorming and GOTV in San Antonio, TX
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Houston, TX

Texas, have you seen what's been going on in the news recently? The Republicans and Democrats truly are despicable if they thought they would get rid of me by boycotting our last debate. You know what they have in mind? They want to limit the American people's choices, pretend like Congressman Paul and I don't even exist. This was their last desperate attempt at doing that. If Obama and Ayotte were right besides me, I would tell them this right in front of their faces: it ain't working! We have a viable third-party choice for the first time in Ross Perot, and nothing will stop us now. I need your support, Texas. You have a fierce independent streak just like me. Let's show it this election! Break the two-party dictatorship!

October 30
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Auburn, ME
-Barnstorming and GOTV in South Portland, ME
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Bangor, ME
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Lewiston, ME
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Portland, ME

Maine, you elected my good friend Angus King to the governorship twice, and he belonged to no political party. He didn't hold himself hostage to any special interests unlike so many of our politicians. I'm also an independent and my guidance is the Constitution and the American people, not lobbyists or corporations. We have the ability to do very well here, and we're going up in the polls across the nation like never before, and so close to the election. Obama and Ayotte may want to try and restrict who you can listen to, but their tricks won't work anymore. No, we're stronger than ever. I can see why they tried to block me, though. I too would be scared of Jesse Ventura if I was part of either party. Well, why don't we go and really give them a big scare this year?

October 31
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Butte, MT
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Bozeman, MT
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Great Falls, MT
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Missoula, MT
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Billings, MT

Do my opponents even care anymore? First they try to snub an opponent who is solidly in the double digits, which didn't even work out for them. Now you're even seeing some of them skip out of campaigning entirely, like they're confident they'll win. I don't take any votes for granted. Wherever I can, I'll make my pitch to regular Americans and get the message of common-sense government and a break from cronyism through. It seems to be going very well, especially in the last couple of weeks. I'm excited for where we're going. But the work isn't done yet. I need everyone here in Montana to mobilize and show up in full force. Cast your ballots and make sure that every Democrat and Republican in power today see that they're not invincible. Vote for me for President, but also vote for the independents, Libertarians, Greens, and whoever else stands for something for Congress. I have a hunch we'll make a huge splash, but I need to see you work for it.

November 1
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Roswell, NM
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Santa Fe, NM
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Rio Rancho, NM
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Las Cruces, NM
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Albuquerque, NM

I've noticed a pretty big uptick in donations recently. Every little thing helps. Americans clearly want to see an honest and transparent government, but they haven't been getting it. Whether it's a Republican President or a Democratic President, not much change actually happens. That's because they're bought off by the same special interests. Take a look at my record in Minnesota, though. I specifically forbid any lobbyists from ever coming into my office, or communicating with any of my staff. I didn't need them to make my decisions, and all the money in the world won't persuade me because I have a backbone of integrity. You need people with honor to have good government, and that's where our politicians have failed us. Why keep the trash when you can take it out? That's what we need to do this election.

November 2
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Golden Valley, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Austin, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Shoreview, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in White Bear Lake, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Winona, MN

We can win this. Minnesota, we can win here like we did in 1998. I need the fervor of all of my supporters, young and old. Traveling around this state gives me good memories. We've accomplished a lot together. Now we're facing different circumstances. I'm waging a national campaign and I'm calling on all of you to not vote for a Democrat or Republican just because they've rammed it down your heads that they're the only ones who can win. You know who else won? Jesse Ventura, against Norm Coleman and Skip Humphrey in this state when the media didn't give me any chance.. I'm surging and we have to build on this momentum. I'm confident that we can do it again.

November 3
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Oakdale, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Andover, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Brooklyn Center, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Mankato, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Blaine, MN

The two parties have gotten away with too much for too long. You've seen how they've tried to block my participation in the debate, though, but they can't get away with it anymore. Now they know the have their feet on the fire, and it's thanks to our hard work all these months. You know the phrase "slow and steady wins the race"? I feel like this is the position we're in today. The Democrats and Republicans constantly beat each other to a bloody pulp and ignore the insurgent until it's too late. Ron Paul and I have for the first time in years offered the American people a real choice when they cast their ballot this November. I can't make any declarations, but no matter what, I think we're bound to give both parties a real scare when the results are tallied up. Minnesota, will you stand with me?

November 4
-Barnstorming and GOTV in St. Louis Park, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Minnetonka, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Burnsville, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Woodbury, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in St. Cloud, MN

You know, this race really isn't Ventura vs. Obama vs. Ayotte. It's more like Ventura vs. the two-party dictatorship, because in the end, they aren't so different. I don't compete against the candidates, I compete against what they stand for, and what my opponents stand for is nothing but bad news for Americans. We're trillions in the hole, our economy is still lousy, our rights are being peeled away by the day, and we've lost our good reputation around the world. Ladies and gentlemen, the Republicans and Democrats have failed you time and time again, and they're offering nothing but excuses and lies in return. They want to slander anyone who stands in their way, and they're ruthless about it. I'm a tough guy, though, and they can throw anything they want at me, but I'll still be determined. I'm getting the support of millions of Americans across the nation because we haven't backed down from the fight. It's not over yet, though, and we have to make sure that everyone is heard before we call it a day. So, call your friends and family and tell them why you'll be going independent this year. I know for a fact that we can't be stopped by this point!

November 5
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Eagan, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Bloomington, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Brooklyn Park, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Plymouth, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Eden Prairie, MN

Well, this is the last day before the election. I have to tell everyone out here how grateful I am to see so many people working hard for my campaign and trying to break the two-party stranglehold in this country. I wouldn't be anywhere here without your support. As a last pitch to the American people, let's take a look at who will be on your ballot tomorrow. You've got two candidates who represent nothing but the status quo. They're funded by banks and corporations and they spew the same old talking points as they have for years. They get nothing done and they end up screwing you over every four years no matter who you pick. Same old, same old. Now let's look at the third choice. This candidate can't be bought. They're offering a plan for the country with meat on it and that would help out Americans, not cause more harm. Unlike what the media and the politicians have said, this candidate has won before when all the odds were against them. I sincerely tell you this: vote your conscience. Who best represents your values? Who won't submit to pressure when times are tough? Who will try and enact real change, not the cheap change that's talked about on the campaign trail? I think the American people know the answer to these questions. Whatever happens, let's show these Republicans and Democrats that we're still in charge around here!

November 6
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Duluth, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Rochester, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in St. Paul, MN
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Minneapolis, MN
-Voting and watching election results with family in Dellwood, MN
-Election Rally in Minneapolis, MN

Today's the day, folks. I need everyone to stand behind me more than ever. Let's make history together and elect the first independent to the White House since George Washington, the father of our country. The media has underestimated me before. Before the polls close, cast your ballot. Every vote counts here, don't believe what they tell you otherwise. This has been one hell of a ride. Let's end it with a bang!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #819 on: March 11, 2014, 08:01:46 PM »

Tmth, just wanted to say that you've done wonderfully with managing this game. It's been a joy to be part of it. Smiley

Do you think you can include some exit polls, so we can see how different demographics split their vote like in real elections? That would be cool.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #820 on: March 11, 2014, 08:31:01 PM »

I'll have mine up tommorow. This has been one hell of a race!
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #821 on: March 11, 2014, 08:40:38 PM »

I will fight steadilly until the end but maybe I will have to post for Obama. :S
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #822 on: March 11, 2014, 08:41:47 PM »

I will fight steadilly until the end but maybe I will have to post for Obama. :S
Have you tried messaging Clinton?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #823 on: March 11, 2014, 08:44:49 PM »

Tmth, just wanted to say that you've done wonderfully with managing this game. It's been a joy to be part of it. Smiley

Do you think you can include some exit polls, so we can see how different demographics split their vote like in real elections? That would be cool.
I second both statements.  You have dealt with so much, and I'm glad you did this.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #824 on: March 11, 2014, 08:52:23 PM »

Have you tried messaging Clinton?

I thought that he would post this week, unfortunately... Even so, I talked with him today! I hope we can have our comeback this final week. Obviously, missing a Presidential Debate is no good to us.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies