2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 08:24:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37]
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 80530 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: March 29, 2014, 02:47:51 PM »

Congressional Results:
Unless a miracle occurs, the Democrats have lost the White House, and the Senate isn't looking much better. 9 states that Obama lead in during July were won by Ayotte tonight, and the effects downballot are not a good sign for Democrats.

Arizona - Congressman Jeff Flake defeats Richard Carmona and Marc Victor, winning with 52% of the vote.
California - Dianne Feinstein is easily re-elected, defeated Emken 58-42%.
Connecticut - Linda McMahon was closer than 2010, but not close enough. She loses to Congressman Chris Murphy 49-46%.
Delaware - Tom Carper is easily re-elected.
Florida - It wasn't comfortable, but Senator Bill Nelson will return to the Senate after defeating Connie Mack 53-45.
Hawaii - Mazie Hirono easily defeats former Governor Linda Lingle.
Indiana - State Senator Mike Delph is headed to the Senate, defeating Joe Donnelly 53-45.
Maine - Maine stays Republican with Senator Olympia Snowe winning with over 60%.
Maryland - Ben Cardin is easily re-elected.
Massachusetts - It turned out to be close, but the "Massachusetts Moderate" wins a full term to the Senate, ousting Tom Conroy 49-47.
Michigan - Debbie Stabenow is easily re-elected.
Minnesota - Amy Klobuchar is easily re-elected.
Mississippi - Roger Wicker is easily re-elected.
Missouri - In an epic rematch, Jim Talent is returning to the Senate after defeating Claire McCaskill 51-48.
Montana - In a razor-thin battle, Senator Jon Tester finds a way to hang on despite a good year for Republicans, winning by less than 1%.
Nebraska - Deb Fischer is elected, defeating former Senator Bob Kerrey 58-41.
Nevada - Dean Heller wins a full term, defeating Shelley Berkley 50-45.
New Jersey - Bob Menendez is re-elected.
New Mexico - In an upset, Heather Wilson narrowly defeats Martin Heinrich, 48-47.
New York - Kirsten Gillibrand is easily re-elected.
North Dakota - Mike Berg narrowly survives a scare from Heidi Heitkamp, winning 51-48.
Ohio - Sherrod Brown narrowly survives a challenge from Josh Mandel, 49-46.
Pennsylvania - Bob Casey Jr. defeats Tom Smith, 53-46.
Rhode Island - Whitehouse is easily re-elected.
Tennessee- Corker is easily re-elected.
Texas - After surviving a primary scare, David Dewhurst wins here by 16 points.
Utah - Orrin Hatch is easily re-elected.
Vermont - Bernie Sanders is easily re-elected.
Virginia - By the narrowest of margins, Tim Kaine holds on in a rematch against George Allen.
Washington - Maria Cantwell wins re-election.
West Virginia - Joe Manchin wins re-election.
Wisconsin- Eric Hovde defeats Tammy Baldwin 51-48 for a GOP pickup.
Wyoming - John Barrasso is easily re-elected.

Someone correct me if my math is wrong, but with 4 GOP pickups, the Senate balance is now:
Republicans - 51
Democrats - 48
Independent - 1
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #901 on: March 29, 2014, 03:45:16 PM »

Well, I don't want to be overtly dramatic here, but after sucessfully concluding another election game (always hard to accomplish), I believe everybody here deserves to be congratulated on a truly fascinating game. Superique first, of course, for having to play alone in the later stages and making by far the best schedules (although Spamage's Kay Bailey Hutchinson schedules were also impressive), Spiral for a fantastic third party challenger (with a truly active campaign, Spiral proved why he was able to beat George Bush with David Duke!), Tmthforu for being a very efficient GM (and I'm sure we drove him insane with our inactivity at some point), and Jerry for his victory.

Also, the Republican Field deserves a special mention, even after playing 1980, 1992, 2000 and 2008, that was the best primary ever! (and I truly enjoyed being Daniels, even more than being Christie)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #902 on: March 29, 2014, 04:30:04 PM »

Although I'm slightly disappointed in underperforming come election time, I totally understand how we got here. This was an awesome game, Tmth, and I really appreciate you taking the time and effort keeping up with it, along with the rest of the players!

We're going to go to 2016 now, right? I think there's interest in that out there. If we do then we first have to basically create an administration from scratch with President Ayotte, which will be fascinating to see.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #903 on: March 29, 2014, 08:48:24 PM »

Now, that the emotions of loosing are gone, I'm ready to say that this was a good game and Lumine, don't be so nice with me. I can make nice schedules but my Hillary Campaign was responsible for some of the "scandals" of the campaign trail. I suppose that I should have criticized more Ayotte than Ventura but anyway, it's over and it was great...
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #904 on: March 29, 2014, 08:49:36 PM »

Furthermore, if we are going to have a 2016 Game, maybe it would be nice that we have a new position. The Media. It would certainly be great if I work like an adjunct-GM, helping with media material.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies