2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 09:01:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 37
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 81257 times)
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: July 13, 2013, 05:57:57 PM »
« edited: July 13, 2013, 06:01:13 PM by Caveman Clinton1996 »

OOC: POTUS Isn't actually doing this, but I feel I should address this in a funny way first, then a serious manner.
Obama Cuts A Video

"Change. We heard a lot about change in 2008, and now we see the kind of change we have. We need a different kind of talk about change, because we need a different change, and I will be using that as the new theme to define my campaign. To all the voters in the great state of Nevada, our journey goes on! With another kind of change, a change that believes in you!"
"Really dude, seriously. It's one thing to advocate going back and returning to the same old policies that your party has promoted since 1979. It's another to lie and call it Change. That was Change back when I was smoking weed in college. But to blatantly sit there and rip off my campaign slogan, that's just sad. It speaks a lot about your character. It shows how unimaginative you are, and how just downright lazy. Dude, Mitchy, just stop trying. POTUS out."- (fake) Barack Obama
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #451 on: July 13, 2013, 06:02:15 PM »

OOC: The funny thing is that Daniels actually proposed something like that (in a serious way) in 2011. So I figured, why not take it to a new level?
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #452 on: July 13, 2013, 06:14:34 PM »

OOC: Now my real response.

Axelrod: "Yeah we've heard about Daniels' proposed slogan. And to be honest, it's kinda sad. Is the Republican Party that out of ideas? They have to borrow the slogan of the guy their running against and move a few words around?"

Scheiffer: "So the President isn't bothered by it?"

Axelrod: "Yeah he's bothered by it. But more in a way where he's surprised how desperate they are. He finds it flattering, in a funny kinda way. The Republican Party is finally embracing his ideas."

Scheiffer: "I guess that's one way of looking at it. Haha, and-"

Axelrod: "It speaks millions to their party, their running on ideas from 1979. Barack Obama wants to move this country Forward. The economy is nowhere where it needs to be, but we're getting there. We've got a long way to go, but we are certainly in a better place than we were when we started. Give him 4 more years, let him finish the job."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #453 on: July 15, 2013, 01:54:51 AM »

Breaking Stories...

- After being considered the "moderate" candidate for months, Mitch Daniels is off to a strong weak after a public spat with the Obama campaign, and polls seem to indicate a strong showing for him in a couple days.

- Governor Mike Huckabee picked up the endorsement of Governor Matt Blunt today, which many believe all but guarantees victory in the Show-Me-State, where he appears to be the only candidate who is contesting the beauty pagaent.

- With a GOP focused on Obama and expected to fully unite against Obama in the fall, polling is beginning to show a real vulnerability for President Obama - after leading all challengers, sans Huntsman, for months (though recent polls did show him slightly behind a few), he is now trailing Huntsman by 5 points, Daniels and Hutchison by 3, is tied with Huckabee, and only leads Ayotte by 2 points. A poll was released earlier this week that raised quite a few eyebrows - Public Policy Institute of CA released a poll showing President Obama leading Governor Huntsman by just 3 points in California, 6 for Hutchison. Could California become competitive this fall??

- Senator Dick Lugar: "Following impending victories for Governor Daniels in Nevada and Minnesota, I will be leaving the campaign trail to focus on my Senatorial campaign!" Recent polling showed State Senator Mike Delph only trailing Lugar by a 48-37 margin.

Senate Polling Map:

Based off how the campaign has gone, as well as the national mood (unemployment numbers and other information will come in the next update), the Tea Party does not hold as much power here as in RL, primarily due to no real Tea Party candidate running, as well as no real moderate candidate running (Huntsman is running more conservative than RL and hasn't been picked on by other candidates). With a weaker Tea Party and more "moderate-friendly" GOP, here are a few notes on the 2012 Senate race:
- In Missouri, former Senator Jim Talent chose a rematch against Senator McCaskill, clearing the field. He is narrowly leading.
- Olympia Snowe is seeking re-election in Maine, and is expected to easily win.
- After dismal polling numbers, State Treasurer Richard Mourdock chose not to challenge Lugar. State Senator Delph ran instead, and is beginning to gain traction.
- With Elizabeth Warren passing on a Senate bid, Scott Brown is the moderate favorite to win re-election, though this is Massachusetts, so anything could happen.
- Heather Wilson will likely win in New Mexico simply because I really like her and think it's unfortunate she didn't win (though she did come surprisingly close - would have won it in 2010!) Let's see how many people catch this. Wink
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #454 on: July 15, 2013, 06:31:04 AM »

Breaking Stories...

- After being considered the "moderate" candidate for months, Mitch Daniels is off to a strong weak after a public spat with the Obama campaign, and polls seem to indicate a strong showing for him in a couple days.

- Governor Mike Huckabee picked up the endorsement of Governor Matt Blunt today, which many believe all but guarantees victory in the Show-Me-State, where he appears to be the only candidate who is contesting the beauty pagaent.

- With a GOP focused on Obama and expected to fully unite against Obama in the fall, polling is beginning to show a real vulnerability for President Obama - after leading all challengers, sans Huntsman, for months (though recent polls did show him slightly behind a few), he is now trailing Huntsman by 5 points, Daniels and Hutchison by 3, is tied with Huckabee, and only leads Ayotte by 2 points. A poll was released earlier this week that raised quite a few eyebrows - Public Policy Institute of CA released a poll showing President Obama leading Governor Huntsman by just 3 points in California, 6 for Hutchison. Could California become competitive this fall??

- Senator Dick Lugar: "Following impending victories for Governor Daniels in Nevada and Minnesota, I will be leaving the campaign trail to focus on my Senatorial campaign!" Recent polling showed State Senator Mike Delph only trailing Lugar by a 48-37 margin.

Senate Polling Map:

Based off how the campaign has gone, as well as the national mood (unemployment numbers and other information will come in the next update), the Tea Party does not hold as much power here as in RL, primarily due to no real Tea Party candidate running, as well as no real moderate candidate running (Huntsman is running more conservative than RL and hasn't been picked on by other candidates). With a weaker Tea Party and more "moderate-friendly" GOP, here are a few notes on the 2012 Senate race:
- In Missouri, former Senator Jim Talent chose a rematch against Senator McCaskill, clearing the field. He is narrowly leading.
- Olympia Snowe is seeking re-election in Maine, and is expected to easily win.
- After dismal polling numbers, State Treasurer Richard Mourdock chose not to challenge Lugar. State Senator Delph ran instead, and is beginning to gain traction.
- With Elizabeth Warren passing on a Senate bid, Scott Brown is the moderate favorite to win re-election, though this is Massachusetts, so anything could happen.
- Heather Wilson will likely win in New Mexico simply because I really like her and think it's unfortunate she didn't win (though she did come surprisingly close - would have won it in 2010!) Let's see how many people catch this. Wink
Technically there was no public spat with Obama. The Obama video was a joke. There was one with Axelrod though. And are we serious about New Mexico?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #455 on: July 15, 2013, 07:37:15 AM »

BLUNT ENDORSES HUCKABEE
"I've watched this primary race unfold and decided at first to avoid endorsing a candidate, but it is clear to me that Governor Mike Huckabee is the only candidate in this race who has a plan to grow our economy, return our government to what was described in our founding documents. He is the candidate who represents the best alternative to President Obama. He is a conservative's conservative and I proudly endorse him and encourage all conservatives to come home and unite around this man and help me him the nominee of our party and the next President of the United States."

Huckabee Campaign Statement:
We are delighted to have the support of Former Governor Matt Blunt from the Great State of Missouri. His endorsement another indication of our campaign's growing momentum.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #456 on: July 15, 2013, 11:41:10 AM »

Technically there was no public spat with Obama. The Obama video was a joke. There was one with Axelrod though. And are we serious about New Mexico?
"We" aren't serious about anything, but I'm serious, yet. Don't worry, it won't affect Obama's numbers there.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #457 on: July 15, 2013, 11:58:27 AM »

"We" aren't serious about anything, but I'm serious, yet. Don't worry, it won't affect Obama's numbers there.
I actually find it kinda funny though, you gained respect from me with that. "I like her, so she's gonna win." I'd probably do the same thing in your position.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #458 on: July 15, 2013, 12:01:48 PM »

I actually find it kinda funny though, you gained respect from me with that. "I like her, so she's gonna win." I'd probably do the same thing in your position.
Haha! Tongue Well, I'm God in this timeline, so anything I say goes. Wink That being said, I won't do anything too drastic as it'll lead to boycotts. I won't reveal anything else to keep you guys on your toes.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #459 on: July 15, 2013, 01:46:38 PM »

Daniels Rally in Nevada:

"They said we didn't had what the party wanted! They tried to label our campaign! They said we were too weak to win the primaries and the general election, and they even tried to imply that we were President Obama's favourite choice! I fail to see why they chose to do that, but they were wrong. (Applause) Look, we are leading the President at the polls, we are running a strong campaign in Nevada and Minnesota, and I trust that we will be victorious this week! We have the organization, the money, the will, the message, the record and the dedicated volunteers! Ladies and gentlemen, we have exactly what it takes to win this race!"

"And it is not only our campaign: The Republican Party has what it takes to win! Most of the candidates lead the President, and we look set to retake the Senate. I was sad to hear that Senator Lugar had to return to Indiana to fight his primary race, since he has been an effective voice during this campaign, and his support has been constant. Now I give him my full support, and I will do everything I can to help him on his reelection campaign! Senator: You also have what it takes to win!"
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #460 on: July 15, 2013, 02:09:28 PM »

Daniels Ads:

Ad: Change that Believes in YouSad (To be played on Nevada, Colorado, Maine, Missouri, Minnesota and Michigan)Sad
(Clips of the Obama slogan:"Change you can believe in" in 2008)

(Mitch Daniels appears)

DanielsSad"Remember this one? It was the slogan that was supposed to represent the much expected change to Washington and American politics, the winning slogan for the Democratic Party. But what does it really mean? I think no one ever really knew what the President meant, because it means anything you want it to mean, right?

I know some people will accuse me of borrowing his ideas when I say "Change that believes in You", but it is the best way to represent the change we need. I talked about this on 2010, and trust me, I don't want an abstract phrase to lead my campaign. It's quite simple: "Change that believes in you" means that you're a person of dignity, a person who was born to be free, someone fully capable of deciding how to spend your own money and what health care to buy or not buy. And my campaign, and the Republican Party will trust you with that choice, and we believe that you will make the right choice. I'm Mitch Daniels, I believe in you, and that's why I approve this message."
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #461 on: July 15, 2013, 11:50:59 PM »

KBH (in Anderson Cooper interview): "Anderson, our nation is hardly in as good of shape as it could be. Our President is campaigning on broken promises and the American people are fed up with it. It doesn't matter where you go, red state or blue state, people are suffering. Houses are being foreclosed, people are still waiting for more jobs to emerge, and the American Dream now seems to be a myth. This can be changed however. We need a President who encourages small businesses and makes recovery possible in this nation. Right now the White House stands in the way, in a Hutchison Presidency it will lead the way!"

February 1st, 2012- NEVADA
Speech in Vegas with Chris Christie
Rally with Jan Brewer on job creation at Hoover Dam
Speech to undecided voters at Caesar's Palace
Meet and greet on the Strip
Appearance on CNN Newsroom

February 2nd, 2012- MINNESOTA

Speech in St. Paul to undecided voters
Meet with GOP women in Minneapolis
Town hall in Minneapolis
Speech in St. Cloud on unemployment
Rally with Tom Latham and Chris Christie

February 3rd, 2012- MISSOURI
Speech in St. Louis to undecided voters
Rally in Kansas City with campaign volunteers and Jeb Bush
Rally with unemployed workers in St. Louis
Appear on local TV Stations
Appear on the O'Reilly Factor

"Florida and South Carolina have chosen a brighter future this November, Nevada, will you? We need a President who actually backs up the private sector. Our small businesses are suffering and our President attacks Congress instead of acting. This is ridiculous and needs to stop. If I'm elected I'll sit down with congressional leaders, both liberal and conservative, and we'll work on a solution to this mess. Not every issue should be divisive, especially when it affect so many American people."

February 4th, 2012- NEVADA
Speech to voters on Vegas Strip
Rally with campaign volunteers in Vegas suburbs
Meet with voters in Boulder City
Meet with voters in Vegas
Meet with voter in Reno
Watch results at the Luxor
Speech at the Luxor following results

"The fact that the young people in this country have one of the highest unemployment rates is unacceptable. How do those in power today expect us to pass on control when they won't allow y'all to get started working. We need to change the policies in Washington in order to not only create jobs, but to also save our future!"

February 5th, 2012- COLORADO
Speech in Denver to College students
Rally in Aurora with undecided voters
Fundraiser with small donors and Susana Martinez in Denver
Speech in Pueblo to campaign volunteers
Canvassing in Colorado City

February 6th, 2012- MINNESOTA
Speech in St. Paul to Senior Republicans
Rally with undecided voters with Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins
Speech to gun owners in Hibbing
Appearance on Erin Burnett Out Front

February 7th, 2012- MINNESOTA
Meet with voters in Melrose
Speech in St. Cloud
Rally with campaign volunteers in St. Paul
Speech on the economy in St. Paul
Meet with voters in Minneapolis
Watch returns in 3 states
Speech following results
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #462 on: July 16, 2013, 12:28:44 AM »

OOC: You should win just for the awesome CNN clips. I will have my schedule up for tommorow, sorry for taking forever. I have been doing some serious pondering on my future in this race.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #463 on: July 16, 2013, 08:41:26 AM »

That is pretty crazy! I thought that Mitch had cleared the field in Iowa, since he lost NH, SC and FL, things are getting difficult to him. I'm also surprised with Huckabee Results, I thought that he would give up after loosing SC. Now Huntsman must win NV if he wants to stay in the race or maybe wait Super tuesday...
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #464 on: July 16, 2013, 10:57:47 AM »
« Edited: July 16, 2013, 10:59:51 AM by JerryArkansas »

Kelly Ayotte's Campaign Schedule February 1st-7th

February 1st:

-Flight to Phoenix AZ from St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport
14700 Terminal Boulevard Clearwater, FL
5:00 AM EST

-Meet and Greet at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
3400 East Sky Harbor Boulevard Phoenix, AZ
7:45 AM MST

-Meet and Greet at Hilaria Rodriguez Park with John McCain
2801 East Adams Street Phoenix, AZ
9:00 AM

-Meet and Greet at Alanza Place with John McCain
1121 North 44th Street Phoenix, AZ
10:30 AM

-Town Hall at Tower Plaza Shopping Center with John McCain
3833 East Thomas Road Phoenix, AZ
12:00 PM

-Meet and Greet at Town and Country with John McCain
2021 East Camelback Road Phoenix, AZ
3:00 PM

-Meet and Greet at The Mews with John McCain
5035 North 10th Place Phoenix, AZ
5:00 PM

-Interview at Local News Station with John McCain at The Mews
5035 North 10th Place Phoenix, AZ
7:00 PM

February 2nd:

-Meet and Greet at Saint Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center with John McCain
350 West Thomas Road Phoenix, Arizona

Kelly and John At the Event

-Town Hall at Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum with John McCain
1826 West McDowell Road Phoenix, Arizona
11:00 AM

Kelly Answering Questions at Town Hall

-Meeting with Supporters at Lunch in Arby's with John McCain
2402 West Thomas Road Phoenix, AZ
12:30 PM

-Meet and Greet at Plaza Del Sol with John McCain
4029 North 33rd Avenue Phoenix, AZ
2:00 PM

-Town Hall at Downtown Phoenix Partnership‎ with John McCain
101 N. 1st Avenue #1450 Phoenix, AZ
4:00 PM

-Flight to Seattle Washington from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport with John McCain
3400 East Sky Harbor Boulevard Phoenix, AZ
6:00 PM

February 3rd:

-Tour Boeing Propulsion Engineering Labs (PEL) with John McCain
Seattle, WA
10: AM

Pic of Kelly touring lab

-Town Hall at Dearborn Park Elementary School‎ with John McCain
2820 South Orcas Street Seattle, WA
1:00 PM

Kelly Talking with voter after Town Hall

-Meet and Greet at Seattle Public Library-Central Library‎ with John McCain
1000 4th Avenue Seattle, WA

-Meet and Greet at Colonial Grand Pacific Condominium with John McCain
1119 1st Avenue Seattle, WA

-Drive All Night Across state to Spokane, Washington

February 4th:

-Meet and Greet at Spokane Community College
1810 North Greene Street Spokane, WA

-Town Hall at Spokane Community College
1810 North Greene Street Spokane, WA

Voter asking Kelly a Question at the town hall.

-Meet and Greet at CENTRAL VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
821 South Sullivan Road Spokane Valley, WA

-Flight to Fargo, North Dakota

February 5th:

-Record Interview with Fox News Sunday, and appear Live on This Week.

-Town Hall at  Fargo Public Library
102 3rd Street North Fargo, ND

February 6th:

-Town Hall at North Dakota State University ‎
1340 Administration Ave. Fargo, ND

-Meet and Greet at Fargo Public Library
102 3rd Street North Fargo, ND

-Interview at Go Radio Broadcasting
2720 7th Avenue South Fargo, ND
2:00 PM

-Town Hall at Concordia College: Student Activities
901 8th Street South Moorhead, MN

February 7th:
-Meet and Greet at Dakota Zoo
602 Riverside Park Road Bismarck, ND
8:00 AM

-Town Hall at Mandan Public Schools
901 Division Street Northwest Mandan, ND

Kelly at Event

-Meet and Greet at United Tribes Technical College
3315 University Drive Bismarck, ND

-Rally at Centennial Elementary School‎ and watching primary results.
2800 Ithica Drive Bismarck, ND
7:00 PM

Other things to talk about

1.  Surrogates:

John McCain
-Feb 1st-4th, with me on the campaign Trail
-Feb 5th-7th, Campaign in Washington State.

Sarah Palin
-Feb 1st-7th, Campaign in Alaska

Rick Santorum
-Feb 1st-7th, Bus Tour through Ohio

Pam Bondi
-Feb 1st-7th, Campaign in Mn/Mo

2.  Interviews

Kelly on Fox News Sunday
Kelly:. . . Chris, the Military benefits we have for our veterans are one of the worst things that our county has.  As a veterans wife, I have personally seen how hard it is to come back from this war we have been in.  These men and women deserve much more than what they are given. As president, I will increase military pay, and increase veterans benefits.  This is the least that we as Americans can do. . .
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #465 on: July 16, 2013, 11:15:18 AM »

Robert Gibbs on Ayotte
"It's pretty obvious that Kelly Ayotte is out of step with the American people on most issues. She's in favor of bombing the Middle East with McCain and Graham. She's Anti-Choice, and anti-reform. No offense, but the Senator is just a Sarah Palin redux."
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #466 on: July 16, 2013, 11:47:51 AM »

Kelly Ayotte Response to Robert Gibbs on Fox News Sunday
"On abortion, I am pro-life, only with exceptions for rape, incest, and when the mother's life is in danger.  The thought of having an abortion never crossed my mind, but in certain situations, I do believe the mother should be given a choice. I don't call that position Anti Choice.  On Reform, I call on new campaign finance reform, I call on redistricting reform, so that we don't see congressional maps like in the president's home state of IL, and Maryland.  Now on the middle east, we should seriously consider the military option.  I would not personally like to use it, but with the foreign policy that this administration has used, it is now almost needed.  As president, I will still try to seek peace with Iran, but I will be at a disadvantage because of what the Obama white house has done over the past Three years. "
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #467 on: July 16, 2013, 03:09:26 PM »

Huckabee on the Stump:

"I happened to catch Meet The Press on Sunday and I saw Robert Gibbs attack Senator Kelly Ayotte. Now, she is my opponent in this race, but I'd like to point out what he said. He said that she is out of step with the American people. Well I can turn that around, I think President Obama is out of step. Sixteen trillion dollars in debt after he pledged to cut our deficit in half by the end of his first term, how that working? He signed into law an enormously unpopular healthcare law. A President that is more concerned about his poll numbers than governing the country? That is someone who's out of step with America and that's going to change!"
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #468 on: July 17, 2013, 01:01:01 PM »

Bump.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #469 on: July 17, 2013, 05:42:52 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #470 on: July 17, 2013, 06:12:18 PM »

Huntsman announcement.

“Friends, today I am announcing that I will be ending my campaign for the Republican nomination for President. I have come to this decision after spending the last three days since the Florida Primary in deep thought over the viability of my campaign and my role within the primary process. The Republican Party must unite to defeat Barack Obama, and I am only serving to divide at this point. To my loyal supporters and volunteers from Nevada to New Hampshire, Michigan to Maine, and Alaska to Arizona, the ones who have made this possible, I cannot thank you enough. Your hard work and loyalty is the subject of my ceaseless admiration, and to each and every one of you, I say thank you from the bottom of my heart. We could not have made it close to this far without you, and we should be proud of our accomplishments, especially our strong showings in New Hampshire and Florida. After much deliberation on whom I would want to see lead our party forward into 2012, I have decided that I will endorse Senator Hutchison for President. Her record in the Senate is that of a true conservative maverick, and I am completely confident that she will shatter the glass ceiling and be elected President of the United States in November.”
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #471 on: July 17, 2013, 06:19:45 PM »

OOC: And... it's pretty much over for me in Nevada and Minnesota.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #472 on: July 17, 2013, 06:22:13 PM »

Kelly Ayotte Statement on Huntsman Leaving Race
We congratulate on Governor Huntsman doing so well in the primary's.  He brought a new voice to the race which I and the other candidates will surely miss.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #473 on: July 17, 2013, 06:42:55 PM »

So.... is this over?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #474 on: July 17, 2013, 06:59:27 PM »

"I'd like to thank Jon Huntsman for his endorsement this morning, it truly means a lot. He ran a terrific campaign and brought forth attention to issues many voters wouldn't have been aware of. I echo Senator Ayotte when I say that I will miss the positive voice of Jon in this race and wish him the best."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies