2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:04:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 79796 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: April 16, 2013, 05:19:23 PM »

Mitt Romney for President...Believe in America

Campaign Staff:
Campaign Manager: Matt Rhoades
Press Secretary: Andrea Saul
Chief Adviser: Beth Myers
Political Director: Rich Beeson
Communications Director: Gail Gitcho
Digital Director: Zach Moffatt
Policy Director: Lanhee Chen
Speechwriter: Tmthforu94

October 3rd:
Meet and Greet - Nashua, New Hampshire
Tour of Soldiers and Sailors Monument - Nashua, New Hampshire
Meeting with Small Business Owners - Hollis, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - Milford, New Hampshire
Town Hall Meeting - Merrimack, New Hampshire

Mitt Romney, speaking at a Town Hall meeting in Merrimack, New Hampshire

My friends, four years ago, I know that many Americans felt a fresh excitement over the prospects of a new President. Their choice was not our party, but Americans always come together after elections, because we are united by so much more than what divides us.

However, under the leadership of President Obama, we've just seen more partisanship and more division. He's already playing the blame game, arguing that Republican opposition has kept him from being able to save our economy. President Obama had a Congress that was behind him for the first part of this term, and all we saw during that period was more spending and more bad policies that put us further down the wrong path. We've already had several years of that - we simply cannot afford four more. As Governor of Massachusetts, I worked with legislature controlled by Democrats to balance the budget and enact legislation that put Massachusetts first in the nation for education. We need a President that unites us - I have the experience and the abilities to do just that.

October 4th:
Tour of Music Factory - Manchester, New Hampshire
Reading to Elementary Students - Pinardville, New Hampshire
Lunch with Residents - Pinardville, New Hampshire
Town Hall Meeting - Concord, New Hampshire

October 5th:
Meet and Greet - Salem, New Hampshire
Strategy Session - Boston, Massachusetts
Fundraiser - Boston, Massachusetts
Flies to South Carolina

October 6th:
Meet and Greet - St. Andrews, South Carolina
Speaking with American Legion - Cayce, South Carolina
Private Fundraiser - Columbia, South Carolina

October 7th:
Breakfast with Residents - St. Matthews, South Carolina
Speech at Edisto High School - Cordova, South Carolina
Meet and Greet - Ridgeville, South Carolina
Town Hall Meeting - Summerville, South Carolina

October 8th:
Meet and Greet - Ladson, South Carolina
Speech at The Citadel University - Charleston, South Carolina
Tour of Liberty Square - Charleston, South Carolina
Campaign Rally - Charleston, South Carolina

Mitt Romney, greeting students at The Citadel University in Charleston, South Carolina

It is absolutely necessary to our nation's future that the youth of America become well versed on America's heritage, history, culture, and the principles that founded this nation. If now, how can they be expected to defend the freedoms that this nation were founded on, or use the knowledge to critically examine current issues and become informed voters?

2008 was great for America in that we saw a huge spark of interest among young voters in America. Despite having a record number of youth voting, we still only had fifty-two percent of folks between the ages of eighteen and thirty voting. Our education system has not equipped our children with what is needed to maintain a strong democratic republic, and it is essential that more outreach is done to reach our youngest Americans, as the policies we enact today will affect them more than anyone.

October 9th:
Visit Mormon Temple - Charleston, South Carolina
Rest
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 05:31:06 PM »

Debate Response:

Governor Mitt Romney weighs in on the Federal Reserve

Well, the first thing I can promise you is that under my administration, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke will be not continue on in his current position. I oppose recent tactics that have been made under his leadership, primarily the quantitative easing steps that have been put in place. His policies have not helped get American back to work. It did not get the economy moving again. Our growth is not at the level it should be in what President Obama considers a "recovery", which is just another example of failed leadership coming from this administration.

Like many other Republicans, I believe that the Federal Reserve has gotten out of control, and it certainly should be audited. They need to be held accountable for their actions.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 07:14:02 PM »

Mitt Romney for President: Believe in America

On The Record: Campaign Strategy

Governor Mitt Romney discusses with Greta how his campaign will operate

Greta: Governor, other candidates have outlined their campaign strategy in recent days. How does your campaign plan to operate?
RomneySad Well, Greta, one thing that has always bothered me is when candidates only focus on certain states, aiming to scrape by with just enough momentum to clinch the nomination. That's not how our campaign is going to be - I am running to be President of all of America, and plan to campaign in every state along the way, despite long odds in some.
Greta: Four years ago when you were running, your campaign lead for much of the way in Iowa, only to falter in the end to Mike Huckabee, who is also running again this time. Will Iowa be a focus of your campaign again, or will you focus primarily on New Hampshire and South Carolina?
Romney: Well Greta, like I said, we're going to campaign in every state. Iowa is the first state in the nation to vote - we plan on investing as much resources as needed to win there. I believe in America...I believe that the vision I have for this nation can be beneficial for all, and believe we can be successful in spreading that message in Iowa and every other state. We already have several campaign offices in the Hawkeye state and plan on setting up several more - we learned from our mistakes four years ago, and this time, I am comMITTed (Tongue) to winning Iowa, not only in a couple months, but also next November. The failed policies of the Obama administration have stifled job growth in Iowa and around this great country, and we need a President that can turn our economy around
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 12:27:40 PM »

Radio Ad: Conservative Leader
Governor Mitt Romney has released the following 30-second radio advertisement. It will be airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina.

Announcer: Mitt Romney's conservative plan to get federal spending under control has been called the boldest GOP agenda since Ronald Reagan in 1980. Mitt Romney has the leadership, experience, and integrity to make sure President Obama is a one-term President. Mitt Romney...cause it's time we start believing in America again.
Romney: I'm Mitt Romney, I'm running for President, and I approve this message.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 06:50:07 PM »

Campaign Schedule

October 10th:
Meet and Greet - West Ashley, South Carolina
Meeting with Small Business Owners - James Island
Town Hall Meeting - Charleston, South Carolina
Flies to Iowa

October 11th:
Meet and Greet - Urbandale, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Clive, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Waukee, Iowa
Town Hall Meeting - Johnston, Iowa
Appearance on TV Station KGAN 2 - Ceder Rapids, Iowa

October 12th:
Meet and Greet - Altoona, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Newton, Iowa
Town Hall Meeting - Iowa City, Iowa
Strategy Session - Iowa City, Iowa

Ann Romney speaking at a Town Hall Meeting in Iowa City, Iowa

You may not agree with every one of Mitt's positions on the issues or his politics. We come from a state where only 13% of voters are Republican, so we're quite used to it!  But here is what I can promise each and every Iowan: No one will work harder, care more, and be ready to move mountains in order to get this country back on the right track.

This election is so important - it is about our country. It is about our future...and the future generations of America. You can trust Mitt, just give him a chance. Give America a chance. Thank you Iowa, and God bless you all!

October 13th:
Opening of new campaign office - Iowa City, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Marion, Iowa
Town Hall Meeting - Marion, Iowa
Appearance on Hannity

Mitt Romney greeting supporters outside of new office in Iowa City, Iowa

It is so great to be back in the Hawkeye State again!

I tell you, four years ago, Ann and I made so many lasting friendships here in the Hawkeye state, friendships that will last a lifetime. We met so many good people - it was overall a great learning experience for us.

Now, we're fortunate to be back here again, campaigning with a similar message. However, my friends, things have changed since when we opened up an office here four years ago - In 2008, we voted in a US Senator with little experience into the White House, hoping his inspiring speeches and message of hope could bring America to a full recovery.

Well, the change we were promised isn't quite the change we got. Unemployment remains higher than it was before Obama took office, and we have a national debt that continues to pile an even greater burden on the backs of future generations. Government continues to play a bigger role in our life, specifically with the passage of Obamacare. Iowans know this, as do so many other Americans I have come in contact with - Obamacare is not the solution our needs. As President, I will repeal and replace Obamacare with a system that gives more options to American families while cutting the rising premiums.

I look forward to presenting my case to Hawkeye voters in the coming months - polling has us in a tie for first place, and with your help, I am absolutely confident that we will be victorious here, both in January and next November! Thank you, and God Bless!

October 14th:
Reading to Students at Hiawatha Elementary School - Hiawatha, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Ceder Point, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Evansdale, Iowa
Campaign Rally - Waterloo, Iowa
Flies to New Hampshire

October 15th:
Campaign Rally with US Senator Kelly Ayotte - Nashua, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - Peterborough, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - Swanzey, New Hampshire
Policy Speech on Health Care - Keene, New Hampshire

Mitt Romney, receiving the endorsement of US Senator Kelly Ayotte

There's one person in this field who is prepared to lead the United States of America, and that is Mitt Romney. And most importantly, there is one person who I know will ensure that Barack Obama is a one-term president, and that is Mitt Romney!

My fellow Granite Stators, we have the privilege and honor of being the first state to vote in the primary. Our decision plays a major role in determining who the next President of the United States is. The most recent polling shows that Mitt is up by a good amount here, but that should not give us reason to rest. We must keep fighting the good fight - tell your family and friends about Governor Romney, and do whatever you can, whether with your time or your wallet, to ensure Mitt Romney wins New Hampshire, along with the White House!

October 16th:
Press Conference with New Jersey Governor Chris Christie - Concord, New Hampshire
Campaign Rally - Concord New Hampshire
Private Fundraiser - Concord, New Hampshire

Governor Chris Christie announcing his endorsement of Mitt Romney

Earlier this month, I announced my decision NOT to seek the Republican nomination. I decided not to run because I know there is another candidate in this race who would make a fantastic President. I want to support Governor Romney because I believe he's the best person to be able to articulate Republican values and defeat Barack Obama in November 2012.

Mitt Romney has a proven, conservative record as the Governor of Massachusetts - when he came into office, their state suffered a budget shortfall. Mitt put his foot down, and while cutting taxes, brought Massachusetts to a balanced budget. That's the kind of leader we need in our nominee, and that's exactly the type of leader we need to return America to dominance.

I cannot wait to get out onto the campaign trail and encourage my fellow Republicans to vote for the man with the plan, the man that can and will take down Barack Obama next November. Thank you, and God Bless.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 10:45:10 PM »

Debate Response:

Governor Mitt Romney weighs in on China

I believe that it is important that both nations succeed so that we can thrive on each other's success. However, it is essential that we confront China on stealing intellectual property, as well as being a currency manipulator. They must be taught that if they cheat, if they don't abide by the rules, there will be a price to pay. President Obama has failed to make sure the playing field is level with China, and it's something I will tackle as soon as I take the Oval Office.

I have already had the privilege of meeting with China's leadership, and look forward to doing so again, if I'm lucky enough to become your next President. Making them a partner for stability in the world will be a high priority of mine. China's economic future is greatly linked to ours. It is essential that we recognize that they are going to be an economic powerhouse along with us, and knowing that, we must be understanding of each other and open in communication.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 11:59:40 AM »

Television Ad: Conservative Businessman
Governor Mitt Romney has released the following 30-second television advertisement. It will be airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada.

Romney: I've spent my life in the private sector. I've competed with companies around the world, and in doing this, have learned something about how economies grow, why jobs come and go. We're not going to balance the budget simply by pretending that all we have to do is take out the waste. We're going to have to cut spending and reduce the size of government. I'm in favor of doing that, as well as having a balanced budget amendment. The right answer for America is to stop the growth of government and start the growth of the public sector. I'm Mitt Romney, and I approve of this message.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 12:12:26 PM »

Dean Heller: We need Mitt Romney!
Nevada Senator Dean Heller endorses Governor Romney at a rally in Carson City, Nevada.

Today, I am excited and honored to announce my endorsement in the Presidential race. We have so many qualified candidates running this year, and I'm certain that any one of them would be better that President Obama. However, one candidate stands out. One candidate has a solid, conservative record in the private and public sector. One candidate I am sure can go toe-to-toe with President Obama in the General Election and give us victory.

I am proud to endorse the one candidate who I know will get America back on the right track, and that man is Mitt Romney. Mitt Romney's record as Governor of Massachusetts shows that he can lead by working with both sides, something President Obama clearly is not capable of doing. Not only that, but Romney's successes at Bain Capital and at leading the Salt Lake City Olympics show that he actually has real-life experience with the economy, something few others have, especially our President.

That being said, though, I don't support Mitt Romney because of what he's done. I support him because of what he can do as our next President. We need our nominee, our next President, to be someone of high integrity. Someone who can end this era of bitter partisanship in Washington D.C. and work for The People. We need someone who understands the principles of limited government and will fight to reduce wasteful spending. We need a President who values the human life, and will only nominate pro-life individuals to the Supreme Court. That man is Mitt Romney, and I am ecstatic to be campaigning for him today and in the months to come. Thank you, and God Bless!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 03:43:16 PM »

Jeff Sessions: Mitt Romney is a Proven Conservative
Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions, announcing his endorsement of Mitt Romney via webcam

It is my privilege to be coming to y'all from here in Alabama for a very important announcement.

I've been following the Presidential race closely - We Republicans have a line-up of candidates second to none, and I know every one of them would do a heckuva lot better than the guy we have in there now. We have folks running from various backgrounds and from all corners of our nation, including a couple right in the heart of the South.

My endorsement, though, isn't one of those Southerners, actually. While they may be qualified, I believe there is one man who is right for the job, a man I know I can trust to be a great President. Here in Alabama, we believe strongly in conservative principles. We believe in small, limited government, with lower taxes and less regulation. We believe in the sanctity of marriage as one man and woman, and we strongly believe in the life of the unborn. We need a candidate, a President, who embodies those same principles and can defeat President Obama with them next November.

One man fits the bill - one man will lead our party to victory next November. I'm proud to endorse Governor Mitt Romney to be our Republican nominee and the next President of the United States. Mitt Romney is a proven conservative and a proven winner, and I look forward to doing my part to help get him all the way to the White House! Thank you, and God Bless ya!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 08:02:00 PM »

Doesn't matter - 48 hours have passed.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 04:27:39 PM »

Mitt Romney Campaign Schedule

October 17th: Accompanied by Charlie Bass and Kelly Ayotte
Meet and Greet - Lancaster, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - Littleton, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - Campton, New Hampshire
Town Hall Meeting - Plymouth, New Hampshire
Appearance on The O'Reilly Factor

Congressman Charlie Bass Endorsing Mitt Romney

I've had the pleasure of serving New Hampshire in Congress since January, and let me tell you - Washington is a mess! We've been stuck with the failed policies of Barack Obama for almost three years now, in which we've seen unemployment continuing to rise, a national debt that is out of control, and Obamacare! We need a President who can restore this nation to her glory, a President who can get New Hampshire and all of America working again.

I'm proud to endorse Mitt Romney because I am certain he can do just that. While serving as Governor in our neighboring state of Massachusetts, he balanced the budget while cutting taxes! Massachusetts also became #1 in education under his tenure, and Ann and him were able to establish the John and Abigail Adams scholarship which makes college a possibility for thousands of students who otherwise may not be able to go. When Mitt Romney took over the Salt Lake City Olympics, it was in complete shambles. He got in there, and with common-sense solutions, turned the 2002 Olympics into the most profitable Olympics. That's just the type of leader we need right now in Washington, and I'm proud to join Senators Ayotte and Sununu in endorsing Mitt.

October 18th: Accompanied by Charlie Bass and Kelly Ayotte
Meet and Greet - Tilton, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - Belmont, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - Boscawen, New Hampshire

Mitt Romney, greeting supporters in Boscawen, New Hampshire

It's good to be with you all this afternoon!

My friends, the polls are looking good for us right now in New Hampshire! We need to continue to fight harder to win this state in January, and cannot rest until the final vote is counted!

It is imperative, absolutely imperative, that we make sure Barack Obama is a one-term President. Our future generations cannot afford four more years of this reckless administration. President Obama has already brought more debt to our national debt than every other President in our history...combined. We've seen no solid economic plan from the President going forward - I have a 57-point plan that will get America working again. We're going to turn around our economy first off by attaining energy independence - it's time to open the Keystone Pipeline which will bring jobs to America and decrease our dependency on foreign oil.

Secondly, we need to fix our education system by finding a solution that answers directly to teachers, students, and parents, not the teachers union. Thirdly, we have to cut our deficit - I have a plan to cut the deficit and get us to a balanced budget as soon as possible. Fourth, I support across the board tax cuts to American families and businesses - this extra money will bring more jobs and will generate more money in our economy. Finally, an important point: We must repeal and replace Obamacare! On the first day of my administration, I will grant a waiver allowing each state the opportunity to opt out of Obamacare if they so choose. This plan is an unnecessary takeover from our federal government that we simply cannot afford to take. Under my administration, we're going to repeal it.

October 19th: Accompanied by John Sununu and Kelly Ayotte
Meeting with Small Business Owners - Pembroke, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - South Hooksett, New Hampshire
Campaign Rally - Manchester, New Hampshire
Meeting with Hillsborough County Republicans - Manchester, New Hampshire
Flies to Utah

October 20th: Accompanied by Orin Hatch
Meet and Greet at Salt Lake City Airport - Salt Lake City, Utah
Campaign Rally - Murray, New Hampshire
Fundraiser - Salt Lake City, Utah
Flies to Iowa

Mitt Romney being greeted at SLC Airport by Orin Hatch

October 21st: Accompanied by Bob Dole
Meet and Greet - Des Moines, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Johnston, Iowa
Campaign Rally - Des Moines, Iowa
Appearance on KCCI Channel 8 News - Des Moines, Iowa

Campaign Rally in Des Moines, Iowa

Good afternoon!

It's great to be back in Iowa again! It's also great to be accompanied by Senator Bob Dole, a great American and great Republican leader. I am honored to have his support in this race.

Four years ago, we elected Barack Obama to the Presidency - many believed in his message for hope and change, and all of us wished him well. Yet here we are, four years later, and what does his administration have to show for itself? Our unemployment has risen during his administration, our national debt has almost doubled, and Obamacare was rammed down our throats. This is not the hope and change we were promised.

Under my administration, my top legislative priorities will be to repeal and replace Obamacare and to establish common-sense, conservative economic principles to get our economy moving again.

I've been honored to receive the endorsement of many conservative leaders in our party, and as President, I will only appoint Supreme Court justices who believe that life begins at conception and that Roe v. Wade should be overturned! I also support a constitutional amendment that defines marriage as between one man and one woman.

Iowa, I need your help! Polling has us neck and neck with Governor Huckabee, but with all of our great supporters here in the Hawkeye State, I am very confident that we can be victorious on caucus night! I urge each of you to talk with family and neighbors about this important race and encourage them to caucus - together, we can restore America! Thank you, and God Bless you all!

October 22nd: Accompanied by Bob Dole
Meet and Greet - Ames, Iowa
Speaking to students at Iowa State University - Ames, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Story City, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Iowa Falls, Iowa
Appearance on Anderson Cooper 360

October 23rd: Accompanied by Jeff Sessions
Meet and Greet - Ceder Falls, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Waverly, Iowa
Campaign Rally - Waterloo, Iowa
Meeting with Black Hawk County Republicans - Waterloo, Iowa
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 04:45:49 PM »

Scott Brown: Mitt Romney is a Leader

The following editorial was published in the New York Times by Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown:

It is my pleasure to endorse Mitt Romney for President of the United States.

Having lived in Massachusetts almost all of my life, I have had the opportunity to see Mitt Romney at work, both during his inspiring run for Senate in 1994 and during his time as Governor of the Commonwealth. To say the least, I have been thoroughly impressed and amazed by the leadership of Mitt Romney. After spending the last year and a half in Washington D.C., I am certain he is the man we need as our President.

When Mitt Romney swore in as Governor of the Commonwealth, he faced great obstacles. For starters, the Democratic Party had an overwhelming majority in the legislature, and our state's economic status was declining. Working with both sides, Governor Romney was able to achieve a balanced budget by reigning in government spending and cutting taxes. Under Romney's leadership, our education system rose to first in the nation and a scholarship fund was created that gives thousands of Bay Staters the opportunity to attend college at little cost, something that may not have been possible before.

Mitt Romney has been a leader his whole life, and on day one, will be ready to lead our nation back on a path of economic prosperity. I urge my fellow Americans, whether Republican, Independent, or Democrat, to join me in supporting Governor Mitt Romney for President of the United States. God Bless.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 04:22:42 PM »

Debate Response:

Governor Mitt Romney weighs in on Health Care

Thank you for the question.

First off, let me be clear: What we passed in Massachusetts is nothing like Obamacare. I was tasked with working with a veto-proof Democratic legislature when writing the bill - I vetoed eight separate provisions to the bill and each was overridden. What we passed in Massachusetts is not perfect, but it was a step in the right direction towards insuring thousands of Bay Staters who were previously uninsured. Presently, only four percent of Massachusetts residents go without health insurance, compared to thirteen percent in Indiana and eighteen percent in Arkansas.

I'm proud of what we did in Massachusetts, but that's not to say the same policy would work in every other state. Obamacare is a complete overreach by the federal government on health care, and as President, I will do everything in my power to repeal and replace. On the first day of my administration, I pledge to grant a waiver allowing states to opt out of Obamacare if they choose.

Forty-five million Americans currently live without health insurance. That's just wrong, and we as Republicans need to be introducing ways to solve that problem. Let's help people by their own private insurance, get our citizens insured, not with a government takeover or new taxes, but instead by putting in place a free-market system. Allow individuals to cross state borders to buy health insurance - doing this will lower costs by increasing competition. Finally, we must address tort reform, establishing reforms such as assigning malpractice cases to special health courts, limit non-economic damages, and provide awards or indemnity according to a predetermined schedule can reduce the burden - this has been implemented by multiple states and works.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 04:30:58 PM »

Television Ad: Judgement
Governor Mitt Romney has released the following 30-second television advertisement. It will be airing in Iowa and South Carolina.

Announcer: Two pro-life Governors. Both support a constitutional amendment protecting traditional marriage. The difference? As Governor, Romney was tough on drugs like meth, he never pardoned a single criminal. Mike Huckabee? He granted one thousand, three hundred and thirty-three pardons and commutations, including twelve convicted murderers. He granted more clemencies than the three previous Governors...combined. He even reduced the penalties for manufactoring meth.

On crime, the difference is judgement.

Romney: I'm Mitt Romney, and I approve this message.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 11:08:16 PM »

Television Ad: Repeal and Replace
Governor Mitt Romney has released the following 30-second television advertisement. It will be airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada.

Announcer: Some think Obamacare is essentially free health care. Obama is raiding $716 billion dollars from Medicare, changing the program forever. Taxing wheelchairs and pacemakers, and raising taxes on families making less than $120,000. Free health care comes at a very high price.

The Romney plan repeals and replaces Obamacare, restores Medicare funding, and sets up a plan to protect if for the next generation.

Romney: I'm Mitt Romney, I will repeal Obamacare, and I proudly approve of this message.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 12:31:02 AM »

Mitt Romney Press Conference

Press Secretary Andrea Saul speaks to reporters from Boston, Massachusetts

Reporter #1: Ms. Saul, what is the Governor's thoughts on the debates thus far?
Saul: Governor Romney, as well as the rest of us in the campaign, are thrilled with how the debates are going thus far. The debates give Governor Romney a great opportunity to show America why he is the most qualified candidate and would be the best to face off against President Obama next fall.

Reporter #2: Governor Huckabee has recently gone on the offense against Governor Romney, claiming that Obamacare and "Romneycare" are the same, as well as comparing Governor Romney to Senator Kerry. Your thoughts?
Saul: Our campaign has already explained that Obamacare is nothing like what was passed here in Massachusetts - health care is not an issue that should be taken care of by the federal government, which is what Mitt has been saying all along. That being said, considering the levels of desperation Governor Huckabee took in 2008, see this attack come up again, as well as comparing Romney to Kerry, is no surprise.

Being pro-life and pro-marriage, two issues Governor Huckabee stresses, is good, and it's a position Mitt agrees with as well. But when you look at their respective records as Governor, it is clear that Mitt Romney is the true conservative in this race. Mitt Romney cut taxes as Governor, balanced a budget, and brought education to #1 in the nation by working with parents, students, and teachers. In comparison, Mike Huckabee raised taxes over eighty times as Governor, granted hundreds of pardons, and supported in-state tuition for illegal immigrants. In the coming months, I think it is important to remind Republican voters of Governor Huckabee's record as Governor, because I think it brings to question whether or not he is the best candidate to face off against Barack Obama. I would encourage all voters to just view the following YouTube ad where Governor Huckabee urges for tax hikes - this isn't who we need representing our party in the fall.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaJW7nXw30A

Reporter #3: Where is the Romney campaign focusing on right now?
Saul: Fundraising has been strong for our campaign, and through endorsements, a well-organized campaign, and good debate performances, I think it is safe to say we have the wind to our back...for now. We're walking a tight rope - we're competing in every lead-off state, certainly at a greater level than any other candidate is trying. If we can manage a sweep of Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina, which I certainly think is possible, I think it'll be very hard for us to lose at that point.

Reporter #4: What will the campaign's message be going forward?
Saul: We understand that other candidates will be getting even more desperate in the coming months and will focus on trying to distort Governor Romney. This week was a tricky week for us, with Governor Romney receiving more attacks than before, and I understand we went negative as well. However, going forward, while we will continue to remind voters of other candidate's records on important issues, our main focus is going to be this: President Obama's policies have failed this country, and we need a nominee who has a real plan and the experience to not only beat Obama next fall, but to turn this nation around again. With that message, I know we will be victorious.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 04:29:49 PM »

Jan Brewer: Mitt Romney is Our Guy!

Jan Brewer announces her support for Mitt Romney on Meet The Press

I am thrilled to announce my support for Mitt Romney in the Presidential race, and look forward to playing my part in ensuring he wins both the nomination and the General Election.

There's a lot of strong candidates in this race - I think any of them would be better than what we currently have. I think electability is important, and Mitt Romney is our best chance at defeating President Obama next fall. But more than that, I believe Mitt would make the best President. I have no doubt that with him in charge, we'll have a President who will crack down on illegal immigration, boost our economy with private-sector jobs, and get a good healthcare system in place. I'd urge my fellow Republicans to join me in helping make Mitt Romney the 45th President of the United States!

John Boehner: We Need Mitt in the White House

John Boehner Greeting Mitt Romney at a Campaign Rally in Iowa

2010 was a historic year for our party. After Democrats took complete control in 2008, they proved to America that while they can talk, they simply can't lead. America responded in one of the biggest wave elections our nation has seen, and as a result, I have been blessed to serve as Speaker of the House.

Our majority in the House is critical, as it largely stops the obstructive agenda of the Obama-Biden administration. However, due to the Senate and White House, we are unable to enact the common-sense conservative legislation was campaigned hard on in 2010. We need to take back the Senate, and we need a Republican in the White House! That Republican needs to be Mitt Romney - I watched him serve as Governor of Massachusetts from 2003-2007, and what I saw was a true leader, someone who is ready to get down and fix our slumping economy. I see a good family man, a compassionate conservative - he's the man this party needs. Please join me, my fellow Republicans, in supporting Mitt Romney for President!

Tom Coburn: Mitt Romney a Leader

Tom Coburn Announces his support for Mitt Romney

Elections are about choices. Next November, the most important choice facing the American people will be whether we will demand a solution and avert a debt crisis or whether we will continue to accept the status quo and hope for the best. I'm confident the vast majority of Americans on both sides of the aisle want a solution. The next choice, then, is deciding who is best qualified to enact solutions to turn this country around. It is critically important to make a choice and support the person who is best equipped to solve the urgent problems before us. In my view, that person is Mitt Romney.

I'm proud to support Governor Romney because he is a leader. What Romney has done in over twenty years in the private sector is precisely what we need a president to do in Washington. Romney has done hard things. He has turned businesses around, told people hard truths about what needed to be done, inspired confidence and not made excuses. Romney is not a career politician or a career legislator, like our current President. As a former governor and business leader, he is an executive who knows how to use executive power.

There's no such thing as the perfect candidate, but Mitt Romney is pretty darn close. I ask my fellow Oklahomans, Republicans, and Americans to cast their vote for Mitt Romney. God Bless.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 05:24:53 PM »

Debate Response:

Governor Mitt Romney weighs in on Israel and Palestine

Under my administration, our first action would be to ensure that everyone knows that the United States will always stand shoulder to shoulder with Israel. During the Obama administration, we have seen an increase level of pressure leveled against the Israeli government, with President Obama criticizing the Israeli's for building settlements at a UN Conference while making no mention of Hamas launching rockets to Israel. If you disagree with an ally, you privately discuss it with them, not make a public attack.

We must encourage both parties in the conflict, but never forget which is our ally. We need a President who stands with Israel, not criticizes them. Our President has weakened our relationship with Israel. As President, I will restore it and make us stronger allies than ever before.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 10:49:15 PM »

Mitt Romney Campaign Schedule

October 24th: Accompanied by Former Senate Majority Leader Robert Dole
Tour of Hickory Hills Park - La Porte City, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Vinton, Iowa
Meeting with Linn County Republicans - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Appearance on KGAN CBS 2 - Ceder Rapids, Iowa

Mitt Romney Speaking with Republicans in Ceder Rapids, Iowa

Thank you for having me here this evening.

Man, I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to see a Republican in the White House again!

We all know the many weaknesses of the Obama administration, so I'm going to save you all some time tonight and not harp on why he's been a poor leader. We're not going to be able to change that about him. What I am here to talk about, though, is how I'm going to lead this country for the next four years if you give me the opportunity.

Unlike others in this race, I'm not a career politician. I'm a businessman, like many of you, and have spent almost all of my life in the private sector. I ran for Governor of Massachusetts in 2002 not for the power, but because I saw a real opportunity to turn our state around and get our house in order. I was fortunate to have been elected, and right away, we began focusing on the budget. I worked with Democrats and Republicans extensively on creating a fiscally smart budget, and believe me, I had to veto various pieces of it. But ultimately, we were able to pass a balanced budget by reigning in government spending, not be increasing taxes. We were able to keep Massachusetts' unemployment rate as one of the lowest in the nation, and were also able to put our education system as number one in the nation. What we did in Massachusetts...it worked.

As President, I understand the importance of working with both sides, and I have a proven record of doing just that. I'll end the era of partisan politics and work with both sides to develop a plan to get our nation a balanced budget - it's not going to be done overnight. President Obama has dug us in a hole deep enough that I know it will take several years. But with smart policies and the right leadership, I know we can do it.

My friends, tonight I'm asking you to give me a chance. I have the experience, the leadership capabilities, and the integrity to move our nation in the right direction. I look forward to continue pitching my case to you all and the rest of Iowa. Thank you, and God Bless!

October 25th: Accompanied by Former Senate Majority Leader Robert Dole
Outing at Jones Park Golf Course - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Private Luncheon with Secretary of State Matt Schultz (Seeking Endorsement) - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Joint Speech with Ann Romney on Healthy Living at Ceder Rapids Metro YMCA - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Campaign Rally - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Appearance on Glenn Beck

October 26th: Accompanied by Governor Chris Christie
Meet and Greet - North Liberty, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Williamsburg, Iowa
Town Hall Meeting - Brooklyn, Iowa
Speaking to students at Grinnell College - Grinnell City, Iowa
Flies to Nevada

Mitt Romney, greeting students at Grinnell College

Thank you for having me this evening on your beautiful campus!

Four years, ago, Barack Obama won Iowa Caucus, and probably the General Election as well, largely thanks to large, enthusiastic turnout from the youth of America. Back then, Senator Obama campaigned as a transformational leader, yet he has rejected transformational solutions such as the Simpson-Bowles plan, which gave D.C. a framework for averting this debt crisis. Instead of seeing transformational leadership, we've seen incompetent leadership. Many new college graduates are struggling to find work after graduation, and we have a growing debt that's going to be left to your generation to fix.

Guys, we can do better than this. You deserve better than this. I'm running for the Republican nomination with the hopes of restoring this nation's economic and building a strong, middle class. I want to do this by reigning in government spending, implementing a smart healthcare plan, and creating tax breaks to families and businesses. With the right policies, we can reduce unemloyment and get this country moving forward.

Four years ago, the youth of Iowa lead Obama to victory. I am now asking the youth of Iowa to join my campaign, get involved, and together, let's win this caucus for America's future!

October 27th: Accompanied by Senator Dean Heller
Meet and Greet - Summerlin, Nevada
Meet and Greet - Enterprise, Nevada
Private Meeting with Businessman Sheldon Adelson - Las Vegas, Nevada
Strategy Session with Nevada Campaign Team - Las Vegas, Nevada
Flies to Arizona

Mitt Romney, speaking with advisers in Nevada

Look, Nevada should be ours - it will be a great way to boost momentum heading into Colorado and Minnesota. I'm going to plan on making a couple more stops here, but unless polling starts to look bad, we're going to expect victory here. Between the high percentage of Mormons and our strength in Las Vegas and the surrounding area, we should be okay. Plan a stop here in December, and then again right before the caucus. I like our chances. We have Dean campaigning here on my behalf as well, and hopefully we can get some local Republicans to start endorsing us as well. Thanks everyone for your help - God Bless every one of you.

October 28th: Accompanied by Governor Jan Brewer
Meet and Greet - Scottsdale, Arizona
Meet and Greet - Glendale, Arizona
Meet and Greet - Sun City, Arizona
Campaign Rally - Paradise Valley Village, Arizona
Flies to New Hampshire

October 29th: Accompanied by Senator Kelly Ayotte and former Senator John E. Sununu
Opening of new campaign office - Grantham, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - Newport, New Hampshire
Town Hall Meeting - Henniker, New Hampshire

October 30th: Accompanied by Kelly Ayotte
Resting
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 10:08:34 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2013, 10:10:12 PM by Jayhawker »

The week of October 31st-November 6th begins now.

The New York Times

Polling Update

NATIONAL

Huckabee: 22%
Cain: 16%
Hutchison: 13%
Daniels: 11%
Paul: 8%
Huntsman: 6%
Bachmann: 4%
Pataki: 4%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 16%

IOWA

Huckabee: 19%
Daniels: 16%
Cain: 13%
Paul: 12%
Hutchison: 10%
Bachmann: 8%
Pataki: 2%
Huntsman: 1%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 19%

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Daniels: 18%
Huntsman: 16%
Paul: 13%
Cain: 12%
Pataki: 9%
Hutchison: 9%
Huckabee: 7%
Bachmann: 1%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 15%

Romney Drops Out: Republicans Scrambling!

The week started out with a bang, with Senator Bob Corker announcing his withdrawal and endorsement of Mitt Romney. With his endorsement, Romney appeared to have control in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina...it was clear he had frontrunner status.

However, devastating news was announced on October 29th, when Governor Romney announced that his wife, Ann, had once again developed breast cancer, and it was in the third stage. Citing family, Governor Romney withdrew from the race, also stating that he would only support the eventual nominee. With the announcement, many Romney supporters are left unsure of who to support, though it appears Governor Daniels, Huntsman, and Mr. Cain are in the best position to obtain Romney's base.

Following the withdrawal, PPP released the above national poll. Additionally, they found that 71% of Republican voters said they could change their mind on their first choice.

Endorsement Watch
There will be no endorsements this turn.

Debate Wrapup

Most Republicans had a positive view of each candidate, as most candidates stated their unwavering support for Israel. Governor Romney was seen as the most Presidential by most debate viewers, with Governor Hutchison also giving a strong response. Both George Pataki and Ron Paul received "boo's" during their answer. Additionally, many are beginning to question the seriousness of the Bachmann campaign.

Who won the debate?
Romney: 21%
Hutchison: 16%
Huckabee: 15%
Daniels: 10%
Huntsman: 9%
Paul: 7%
Bachmann: 5%
Pataki: 5%

This turn will be open 48 hours. Please PM me for endorsements.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 04:14:25 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2013, 04:16:05 PM by Jayhawker »

The week of November 7th - November 13th begins now.

The New York Times

Polling Update

NATIONAL

Huckabee: 20%
Hutchison: 18%
Daniels: 10%
Ayotte: 5%
Bachmann: 3%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 10%

IOWA

Huckabee: 18%
Hutchison: 16%
Daniels: 15%
Paul: 12%
Bachmann: 6%
Ayotte: 4%
Huntsman: 2%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 13%

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Ayotte: 15%
Daniels: 14%
Hutchison: 11%
Cain: 10%
Paul: 10%
Huckabee: 8%
Pataki: 6%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 9%

FLORIDA

Hutchison: 19%
Cain: 18%
Huckabee: 15%
Daniels: 8%
Huntsman: 7%
Bachmann: 3%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 13%

Women's Week!

This week was a big week for women in the Republican party. Despite Bachmann's continued downfall, Hutchison surged this week after several positive media interviews, plus the critical endorsement of the NRA. Senator Kelly Ayotte, citing the need to fill the void left by Governor Romney, made a late entrance into the campaign, and while her polling numbers are low overall, she is in a strong position to win her homestate of New Hampshire, which could give her the momentum needed to be a serious contender in this race.

George Pataki's campaign appears to be on it's final leg, as his polling has collapsed and almost no funds are coming in. Governor Daniels saw another dip in the polls this week - despite polling strong in every state, he has lost his lead in New Hampshire and is starting to fade in Iowa. Herman Cain continues to run a consistent, solid campaign - this consistency and organization could bode well for his campaign during crunch time. Governor Huckabee continues to lead in Iowa and nationally, though his campaign will also need to revamp if it aims to stop Senator Hutchison.

Hutchison is surging nationally and in key early states

Endorsement Watch
Ron Paul: Iowa Representative Jason Schultz
Mitch Daniels: Senator John Sununu
Mike Huckabee: Chuck Norris
Herman Cain: Allen West
Kay Bailey Hutchison: Jeb Bush, Mary Fallin, Lindsay Graham (KEY ENDORSEMENT), NRA (KEY ENDORSEMENT)
John Huntsman: Orrin Hatch, Dean Heller
Kelly Ayotte: Charlie Bass
George Pataki: None
Michele Bachmann: Lost Allen West Endorsement

Debate Question: How do the candidates seek to tackle the rising national debt?

This turn will be open 48 hours. Please PM me for endorsements.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 12:24:02 PM »

The New York Times

Bachmann, Pataki Withdraw!

This week, the Republican Primary had two more causalities in former New York Governor George Pataki and Congresswoman Michele Bachmann. While neither was polling strongly, this is expected to be a major boost for both Herman Cain, who was endorsed by Bachmann, and Jon Huntsman, who was endorsed by Pataki. With Pataki out, Huntsman is now the de-facto moderate candidate in the race, and his positioning in New Hampshire appears to be getting stronger by the day.

Additionally, with Bachmann's endorsement, things are certainly looking up for Mr. Cain, as more and more in the Tea Party are beginning to back his campaign. Expect a boost for him in the polls this week.

General Election Match-ups:

Obama: 47%
Huckabee: 43%

Obama: 46%
Daniels: 44%

Obama: 48%
Hutchison: 45%

Obama: 47%
Huntsman: 46%

Obama: 49%
Cain: 42%

Obama: 48%
Paul: 42%

Obama: 49%
Ayotte: 39%

This is not an official update - we are still on November 7th - 13th.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 02:51:49 PM »

The week of November 14th - 20th begins now! Smiley

The New York Times

Polling Update

NATIONAL

Hutchison: 20%
Cain: 18%
Huckabee: 17%
Daniels: 14%
Huntsman: 7%
Ayotte: 7%

IOWA

Daniels: 19%
Hutchison: 17%
Cain: 14%
Ayotte: 3%
Huntsman: 3%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 17%

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Huntsman: 19%
Ayotte: 17%
Daniels: 15%
Paul: 9%

Daniel's Gaining

Little movement was seen this week. Huntsman and Cain both benefited from Bachmann and Pataki's withdrawals. Mitch Daniel's campaign is starting to build momentum, with the Governor leading in Iowa once again, though at this point, it appears that Iowa will really come down to the wire, as will New Hampshire.

Endorsement Watch
Ron Paul: Former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson
Mitch Daniels: Entire Indiana GOP Congressional Delegation, Governor Rick Snyder
Mike Huckabee:
Herman Cain: Bob Vander Plaats
Kay Bailey Hutchison: Susan Collins, Elizabeth Dole, John Rich
John Huntsman:
Kelly Ayotte: Frank Guinta

Debate Grades:
Mike Huckabee: B
Herman Cain: B+
Jon Huntsman: A-
Kelly Ayotte: B-
Mitch Daniels: A
Kay Bailey Hutchison: A-
Ron Paul: A-

Analysis:
Overall, each candidate performed pretty well on this issue, though many voters left the debate feeling there was a lack of specifics discussed. Jon Huntsman gained some traction with his detailed response, despite the lack of zingers some of the other candidates included. While all did well, one candidate stood out, and that was Mitch Daniels. Momentum is starting to form behind his campaign - how long will it last?

Debate Question: What is the candidates position on abortion?

This turn will be open 48 hours. Please PM me for endorsements. It's difficult for me to reward endorsements when I've received so few requests.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 09:40:47 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2013, 09:56:04 PM by Jayhawker »

The week of November 21st - 27th begins now! Smiley

The New York Times

Polling Update

NATIONAL

Daniels: 23%
Huckabee: 16%
Huntsman: 8%
Paul: 7%
Ayotte: 6%
Roemer: 1%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 4%

IOWA

Huckabee: 19%
Daniels: 17%
Hutchison: 15%
Ayotte: 2%
Roemer: 2%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 17%

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Ayotte: 18%
Daniels: 16%
Cain: 9%
Paul: 9%

SOUTH CAROLINA

Hutchison: 30%
Huckabee: 16%
Daniels: 13%
Paul: 6%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 11%

Daniel's Continues to Surge; South Carolina Finished?

Momentum continues to build behind the Mitch Daniels campaign, and more and more are beginning to see him as the establishment candidate in the race, along with Hutchison. Mike Huckabee, despite slipping nationally, has once again claimed the lead in Iowa, while Ayotte leads in her home state, though not by the margin one would expect from a favorite son (or daughter, in this case) candidate.

Former Louisiana Governor Buddy Roemer began his campaign this week, though low name recognition has him in the basement at polling. However, he performed well in his first debate, and some are already saying that he could be a Tea Party rising start. Meanwhile, in South Carolina, Senator Hutchison has posted a commanding lead.

Finally, reports are leaking that Herman Cain had an affair years ago. Is there any truth, or are these just rumors?

Endorsement Watch
Ron Paul: Chuck Baldwin
Mitch Daniels: Governor Scott Walker, Governor Rick Snyder
Mike Huckabee: Senator John Boozman, Former Senator Jim Talent
Herman Cain: None
Kay Bailey Hutchison: Olympia Snowe, John Cornyn, Mark Kirk
John Huntsman: National Right to Life (KEY ENDORSEMENT)
Kelly Ayotte: None

Debate Grades:
Mike Huckabee: C+
Herman Cain: N/A
Jon Huntsman: A
Kelly Ayotte: C
Mitch Daniels: B
Kay Bailey Hutchison: A-
Ron Paul: B
Buddy Roemer: B+

DEBATE QUESTION: Why do you believe your past experiences make you the most qualified to lead this country?

This turn will be open 48 hours. Please PM me for endorsements. It's difficult for me to reward endorsements when I've received so few requests.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 10:02:15 PM »

FLASH POLL

Could the affair rumors be true? Maybe so, as Herman Cain has announced his withdrawal from the Presidential race, endorsing Mitch Daniels. He had created quite a following, and with this new momentum, combined with what he had before, Governor Daniels has created a large lead.

National Polling:
Daniels: 36%
Ayotte: 6%
Roemer: 2%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 4%
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length