A-Bob Research Center: Mideast Gubernatorial Election 2 (Focus on running mates)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:39:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A-Bob Research Center: Mideast Gubernatorial Election 2 (Focus on running mates)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A-Bob Research Center: Mideast Gubernatorial Election 2 (Focus on running mates)  (Read 454 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 18, 2013, 04:45:31 AM »

I have decided to create another poll on the gubernatorial election with a focus on the two candidates for Lt. Governor, Cathcon and Siren. I will probably make another poll of the Lt. Governor candidates when Gass has made his choice.

To participate in the poll, click on the link below:

http://de.surveymonkey.com/s/Y95QD7L

Please only vote in this poll if you are a registered voter in the Mideast.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 09:48:20 AM »

Not surprisingly, both Cathcon and Siren are popular in the region. I only have 7 respondents so far, though, and I obviously need more! Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 04:51:22 AM »

Both Cathcon and Siren are popular and a net positive for their respective tickets (after 12 respondents).
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 01:13:49 PM »

When will you have results for us?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 01:28:05 PM »

When will you have results for us?

As soon as I will have a sufficient number of respondents, so maybe tomorrow. As of now I have 15, which is not too bad.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 04:12:04 PM »

The last couple of votes have been very favorable for Cathcon but less so for Siren. According to the most recent responses, Cathcon appears to be a net plus for his ticket while the share of voters who say that Siren's presence on the gubernatorial ticket makes them more likely to vote for Clinton1996 isn't much larger than the share of people who claim the opposite, i.e. that Siren makes them less likely to vote for Clinton1996.
However, we must keep in mind that polls such as these can be skewed in a particular direction, and the usual statistical caveats have to be taken into consideration as well.

Full figures will be released tomorrow.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 04:52:41 AM »

Results and Analysis

Total number of respondents: 17 (100%)

Question 1: Do you have a favorable, unfavorable or neutral opinion of Lt. Governor candidate Cathcon?

Favorable: 14 (82.35%)
Unfavorable: 1 (5.88%)
Neutral/No opinion: 2 (11.76%)

Question 2: Do you have a favorable, unfavorable or neutral opinion of Lt. Governor candidate Siren?

Favorable: 11 (64.71%)
Unfavorable: 5 (29.41%)
Neutral/No opinion: 1 (5.88%)

Question 3: Are you more likely to vote for ZuWo after his selection of Cathcon as his running mate?

Yes, more likely: 9 (52.94%)
No, less likely: 2 (11.76%)
It doesn't make a difference: 6 (35.29%)

Question 4: Are you more likely to vote for Clinton1996 after his selection of Siren as his running mate?

Yes, more likely: 7 (41.18%)
No, less likely: 5 (29.41%)
It doesn't make a difference: 5 (29.41%)

While both Cathcon and Siren are good for their gubernatorial candidates, these figures suggest that Cathcon has a slightly more positive impact on his ticket than Siren. It's far from certain that this tendency will actually translate into more votes for the Federalist ticket and the question remains whether these results can be explained by the fact that Cathcon is more well-known in the region than his counterpart. Nevertheless, it seems that the running mate question favors the ZuWo/Cathcon ticket at the moment.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies