New York State grabs the wrong man's guns
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:36:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  New York State grabs the wrong man's guns
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: New York State grabs the wrong man's guns  (Read 2709 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2013, 07:04:27 PM »

Why is it so obvious Krazen would worry about the mentally disturbed having their guns taken away?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2013, 07:05:31 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2013, 07:07:35 PM by Badger »

Once upon a time:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

or shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The First Amendment is also important, and thus absolutely immune to restriction.

I will accordingly be showing up outside Krazen's home (bunker?) at 3 AM with a soundtruck to blare political screeds at massive volume, followed by a loop of Dead Kennedy's.

If he complains once, he's obviously a communist who opposes the Constitution in it's entirety, and will steal your guns in a heartbeat.

Have at it. Make sure you carry your guns with you thought in case some of the leftists in the area decide to engage in violence.

You might need it.

Your response makes literally, absolutely, no sense whatsoever. I'd call it lame, but that'd be doing it an undue service.

PS I'm SURE you'd feel that way if I actually attempted to follow through with your theory of absolutist limitless application of constitutional rights (or do you only believe that of the Second Amendment?)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2013, 07:10:29 PM »

Once upon a time:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

or shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The First Amendment is also important, and thus absolutely immune to restriction.

I will accordingly be showing up outside Krazen's home (bunker?) at 3 AM with a soundtruck to blare political screeds at massive volume, followed by a loop of Dead Kennedy's.

If he complains once, he's obviously a communist who opposes the Constitution in it's entirety, and will steal your guns in a heartbeat.

Have at it. Make sure you carry your guns with you thought in case some of the leftists in the area decide to engage in violence.

You might need it.

Your response makes literally, absolutely, no sense whatsoever. I'd call it lame, but that'd be doing it an undue service.

PS I'm SURE you'd feel that way if I actually attempted to follow through with your theory of absolutist limitless application of constitutional rights (or do you only believe that of the Second Amendment?)

I'm a patient man so long as you stay off my property. But I wouldn't necessarily state the same for others living on the block. It's them you might need to worry about if you decide to be a nuisance.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2013, 07:15:24 PM »

Once upon a time:

You might need it.

Trolling, but not total nonsense.  Indeed, it was one of krazen's better posts.

You might need it.

Indeed, the part of your post and his reply that I bolded here shows he actually has a sense of humor.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2013, 09:31:55 PM »

Har!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 04:24:29 PM »

Once upon a time:

You might need it.

Trolling, but not total nonsense.  Indeed, it was one of krazen's better posts.

You might need it.

Indeed, the part of your post and his reply that I bolded here shows he actually has a sense of humor.

His subsequent post regarding 'others on his block' shows you were giving WAAAAAYYYYYY too much credit to Krazy 's ability to be subtle or funny, but you should've known that already.

Krazy's claim he wouldn't object to a soundtruck outside his home at 3 am because he is supposedly as consistent a First Amendment absolutist as he is about the 2nd Amend is laughably unbelievable to anyone with a quarter brain.

'Hee!'
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies