POS Arkansas Republican mocks scared Boston residents
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:56:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  POS Arkansas Republican mocks scared Boston residents
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: POS Arkansas Republican mocks scared Boston residents  (Read 1971 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2013, 06:03:26 PM »

http://gawker.com/5995092/arkansas-pol-sorry-for-cowering-boston-liberals-tweet-poor-timing

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 06:21:27 PM »

I have a bad feeling he's going to go from laughingstock to darkhorse senate candidate.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 06:24:32 PM »

Arkansas: We make Texas look good!
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 11:24:04 PM »

I wonder how many gun nuts who masturbate to the idea of saving themselves or their family from violence know how to perform CPR, since they are so devoted to protecting others. I wonder how many of them donate blood, or have a fire plan. I do wonder.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 11:33:36 PM »

This man is elected.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 11:43:09 PM »

I wonder how many gun nuts who masturbate to the idea of saving themselves or their family from violence know how to perform CPR, since they are so devoted to protecting others. I wonder how many of them donate blood, or have a fire plan. I do wonder.

Find me the part about CPR in the Constitution, you godless heretic.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 11:51:42 PM »

Could this individual even carry an injured person up or down a flight of stairs? The fattest hogs do indeed snore loudest.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 12:45:36 AM »

I wonder the same thing about people who spend their time talking about politics on the internet.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 12:55:04 AM »

I wonder the same thing about people who spend their time talking about politics on the internet.

Sure, I don't make up fantasies where I can be a hero by killing others, so I don't feel I need to be held to such a standard by association. For what it's worth I do not have first aid training, but my wife does. I live in an area prone to bushfires so we are prepared, and soon I will be a fire warden atmy work, responsible for protecting my co-workers during emergencies and evacuations. And while I've donated blood once, I'm technically not allowed to do so, as a bisexual. But, you know, rah rah guns or whatever.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 01:49:51 AM »

Ironically enough, people like him are exactly my argument in favor of gun rights.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 02:44:20 AM »

Ironically enough, people like him are exactly my argument in favor of gun rights.

Wait, are you implying... Tongue
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 03:02:03 AM »

As I've admitted in past, I have a terrible tendency toward brutal smartassery when it comes to gigantic tools like this individual. Either that or I just unload on them. Grin
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 10:24:57 AM »

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 11:21:09 AM »

It is Arkansas, though
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 11:51:08 AM »

I have a bad feeling he's going to go from laughingstock to darkhorse senate candidate.

Worse, yet, his name might be floated as a potential 2020 candidate...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 11:54:04 AM »

I was going to ask why do the fine folks of the 20th district keep electing this idiot, but then I get stopped in my tracks by asking why do my fine fellow Okie's keep electing an idiot like Jim Inhofe.  Some things will never be known, sadly.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 01:13:53 PM »

Sure, I don't make up fantasies where I can be a hero by killing others, so I don't feel I need to be held to such a standard by association. For what it's worth I do not have first aid training, but my wife does. I live in an area prone to bushfires so we are prepared, and soon I will be a fire warden atmy work, responsible for protecting my co-workers during emergencies and evacuations. And while I've donated blood once, I'm technically not allowed to do so, as a bisexual. But, you know, rah rah guns or whatever.

Kudos to you then. You're doing more than many.  In my experience, the people I know who own guns are likely to do the sort of things you mention and have a relatively firm grip on reality. How representative that is I don't know.  It may be that people overestimate the usefulness of a weapon in certain situations and underestimate the risks, but I can't begrudge or belittle people for being vigilant about protecting themselves and their loved ones.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 06:05:00 PM »

Kudos to you then. You're doing more than many.  In my experience, the people I know who own guns are likely to do the sort of things you mention and have a relatively firm grip on reality. How representative that is I don't know.  It may be that people overestimate the usefulness of a weapon in certain situations and underestimate the risks, but I can't begrudge or belittle people for being vigilant about protecting themselves and their loved ones.

But that's clearly not the issue here, Shua. Playing devil's advocate is fine and good to a point, but....
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2013, 06:09:17 PM »

I was going to ask why do the fine folks of the 20th district keep electing this idiot, but then I get stopped in my tracks by asking why do my fine fellow Okie's keep electing an idiot like Jim Inhofe.  Some things will never be known, sadly.

I wonder the same thing sometimes.  And then I see you.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 09:20:23 AM »

"How many Boston liberals have spent the night cowering in their homes?" 

Like the 8 year old boy?  What a disgusting individual.  Words escape me how he could make a comment like this. 
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 11:42:16 AM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 04:35:45 PM »

But that's clearly not the issue here, Shua. Playing devil's advocate is fine and good to a point, but....

When people are dismissed as masturbatory fantasists, I feel that becomes an issue.  I don't know what a devil's advocate has to do with that.

Anyway, I don't know why I ventured into this thread at all.  Some AW legislator can be a jerk on twitter, and no one should listen to what he says except the people who elected him and hopefully now know better.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 04:37:11 PM »

Anyway, I don't know why I ventured into this thread at all.  Some AW legislator can be a jerk on twitter, and no one should listen to what he says except the people who elected him and hopefully now know better.

American liberals like to explode into all their moralistic rage--
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 04:43:21 PM »

One can hope, that probably would save Mark Pryor.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 04:56:42 PM »

American liberals like to explode into all their moralistic rage--

To the Irony Mine, hoooooooo!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies