AR Congressional Races 2014
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:14:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AR Congressional Races 2014
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 30
Author Topic: AR Congressional Races 2014  (Read 72773 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: March 03, 2014, 08:05:28 PM »

I figured Ross's strength in the 4th would be cancelled out by Cotton also driving up turnout. Pryor is also from the area.

Cotton is from the northern chunk of the district which, until redistricting, wasn't even in CD4. Pryor will be driving up turnout in central areas of the district.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #451 on: March 05, 2014, 08:49:11 AM »

Pryor gaffes. This time it's he says Cotton's military service gives him a sense of entitlement.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #452 on: March 05, 2014, 09:22:23 AM »

So Mr. Nice Guy's an asshole.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #453 on: March 05, 2014, 11:22:25 AM »

Very true. Probably the best parallel is Walsh saying Duckworth talked too much about her war injuries. We know how that turned out.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #454 on: March 05, 2014, 12:13:17 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2014, 12:15:59 PM by Sawxsylvania »

Yep. Consider this my official endorsement of Cotton. At least he respects our servicemen.

As for krazen's point, we all know that if Mark Pryor's name was Mark Smith, then we would probably be talking about how screwed Bill Halter is.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #455 on: March 05, 2014, 12:14:48 PM »

What's funny is that Pryor is sitting in his daddy's Senate seat.

Yep. Consider this my official endorsement of Cotton. At least he respects our servicemen.
If you vote for Cotton Sawx, you're an awful moron democratic traitor.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #456 on: March 05, 2014, 12:18:35 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2014, 12:34:13 PM by Sawxsylvania »

What's funny is that Pryor is sitting in his daddy's Senate seat.

If you vote for Cotton Sawx, you're an awful moron democratic traitor.
Why? I'm holding him to the same standards I held Walsh.

People who don't respect our troops aren't fit for public office. End of story. We're much better off pumping up Begich, Landrieu, and Hagan than someone who votes barely to the left of Mark Kirk.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #457 on: March 05, 2014, 01:01:09 PM »

Add Nunn/Grimes (depending on who wins the GA primary) to that list too.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #458 on: March 05, 2014, 01:52:16 PM »

The DSCC stopped sending me emails on Ga and KY. Battle of Senate will be decided in MI and NC. The poll that Clarity did on MI is probably polling for PPP, internally.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #459 on: March 05, 2014, 03:03:55 PM »

The DSCC stopped sending me emails on Ga and KY. Battle of Senate will be decided in MI and NC. The poll that Clarity did on MI is probably polling for PPP, internally.

Michigan is irrelevant. Voters will come home to Peters like they always have. AK, LA, GA (if Broun/Gingrey win), and NC are the firewall to the Senate. Maybe CO too.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #460 on: March 05, 2014, 03:44:25 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2014, 03:45:58 PM by OC »

AK and MI and CO are must wins. NC closes out the Senate for us without Landrieu or Nunn. 50-50 tie for the Senate.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #461 on: March 05, 2014, 03:48:49 PM »

Dumb thing to say, especially in a military-heavy state like AR.

You don't go after someone's military record; if its not flat-out bad form, it makes you look desperate.

'Reminds me of the Pyor vs. McIntyre poll we just had. McIntyre would never say something like this.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #462 on: March 05, 2014, 04:18:05 PM »

What's amazing is that he said it on the Beltway's favorite show, Morning Joe. Then again, "IQ test" was also on national TV. Wonder if he'll have a major debate gaffe.

Cotton's response has been to solicit responses on his site and social media. My guess is he'll can that into an ad soon enough.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #463 on: March 05, 2014, 04:27:12 PM »

It didn't seem like Pryor was actually attacking Cotton's military service. Just a poorly worded comment trying to connect the reporter's question to his "entitlement narrative" regarding Cotton.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #464 on: March 05, 2014, 06:37:49 PM »

Uh. No. This is a minor gaffe if anything. Pryor flat out says seconds before that he respects and is grateful for Cotton's service in the military. All he said was that fighting in Iraq doesn't qualify you to be US Senator. Would any of you argue that it does? sawx? RB?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #465 on: March 05, 2014, 06:50:49 PM »

What are Pryor's quals again? At any rate I think this was a strange tangent of his even stranger "reverse carpetbagger" narrative which was once used against Bubba. Plus starpower resentment that we saw from Crist/Dewhurst.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #466 on: March 05, 2014, 06:53:46 PM »

What are Pryor's quals again? At any rate I think this was a strange tangent of his even stranger "reverse carpetbagger" narrative which was once used against Bubba. Plus starpower resentment that we saw from Crist/Dewhurst.
He was in the Arkansas House of Reps for 4 years and State Attorney General for another 4 years. That's 8 years of experience that Cotton doesn't have.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #467 on: March 05, 2014, 06:55:23 PM »

Uh. No. This is a minor gaffe if anything. Pryor flat out says seconds before that he respects and is grateful for Cotton's service in the military. All he said was that fighting in Iraq doesn't qualify you to be US Senator. Would any of you argue that it does? sawx? RB?
Source around 1:30.

"I have total respect for that, I appreciate that, I will never criticize anyone for their service for our country and I thank him for that... In the Senate we have all kinds of different people, all kinds of different folks who have come from all kinds of different backgrounds, and I think that's part of this sense of entitlement that he gives off... is that almost it's like "I served in the military, therefore, elect me to the Senate." That isn't how it works in Arkansas.

Please, Clinton, explain to me how this isn't a dig at Cotton's military service, because I'm dying to know.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #468 on: March 05, 2014, 07:17:04 PM »

"I have total respect for that, I appreciate that, I will never criticize anyone for their service for our country and I thank him for that... In the Senate we have all kinds of different people, all kinds of different folks who have come from all kinds of different backgrounds, and I think that's part of this sense of entitlement that he gives off... is that almost it's like "I served in the military, therefore, elect me to the Senate." That isn't how it works in Arkansas.

Please, Clinton, explain to me how this isn't a dig at Cotton's military service, because I'm dying to know.
Because he's saying that serving in the military doesn't qualify on to be elected to the Senate. And it doesn't.  None of us would argue that it would. He plainly states that he respects and appreciates Cotton's service, but that it doesn't qualify him for service in the Senate.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #469 on: March 05, 2014, 08:37:07 PM »

He's basically saying that Cotton has no experience or accomplishments in the political sphere due to only using the House as a stepping stone to the Senate, and thus only has his military background to fall back on when campaigning.

Again, it was kind of poorly worded and he is treading into somewhat dangerous waters here, but I wouldn't categorize it as an "attack on Cotton's service".
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #470 on: March 06, 2014, 12:41:15 AM »

Good news, true leftists! A Green is in the race!

Problem is, he's a Larouchebag.

So that leaves the Libertarian candidate, who I guess I have to endorse now. Nathan LaFrance 2014, I guess.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #471 on: March 06, 2014, 11:06:56 AM »

Very good, krazen. I'm glad you've had a change of heart about veterans running for Congress.

Too bad you were Joe Walsh's biggest defender when he was taking underhanded swipes at Duckworth.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #472 on: March 10, 2014, 02:21:48 PM »

Pryor defends his "entitlement" comment.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #473 on: March 13, 2014, 03:49:08 PM »

AFP dumps another $700k on anti-Obamacare ads. Since both men are unopposed in their primaries, why not start debates now?
Joshgreen
« Reply #474 on: March 13, 2014, 04:02:53 PM »

AFP dumps another $700k on anti-Obamacare ads. Since both men are unopposed in their primaries, why not start debates now?

These ads are going to start being useless. How many more voters are persuadable on the issue?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies