Opinion of Memphis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:06:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Memphis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Opinion of Memphis  (Read 36135 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: April 23, 2013, 01:52:36 AM »
« edited: April 23, 2013, 02:08:01 AM by Joe Republic »

Well he's a FF on everything that doesn't have to do with women...

^  Especially religion.  And I'll admit that I haven't even read any of his posts on women to know what's got everybody so butthurt about him.

It was a shame we didn't get to hang out when he came to town a few weeks ago.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 02:00:03 AM »

The fact that he has any FF votes at all shows how unbelievably male this forum is.

Chill out, RandomNewbie.  Memphis is otherwise fine.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 02:01:25 AM »

How about the one I quoted, is that enough for you?

What's the problem there?  Your taking that post and immediately comparing him to Todd Akin is absurd and probably insulting.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 02:34:52 AM »

So what are we missing here then?  I've seen nothing to indicate a lack of respect for women thus far (I did say I haven't read much on the subject of women here - I tend to avoid those boring flamewars like the plague).  And he only shows the respect for religion and conservatives that they usually deserve, of course.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 02:49:41 AM »

So what are we missing here then?  I've seen nothing to indicate a lack of respect for women thus far (I did say I haven't read much on the subject of women here - I tend to avoid those boring flamewars like the plague).  And he only shows the respect for religion and conservatives that they usually deserve, of course.

With all due respect, for a moderator, you certainly don't seem to have seen the generalizations he makes.

What a strange post.  The first half of your sentence had so little relevance to the second.  Anyway, do I need to ask you the same question again?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 05:59:43 PM »

So... should we add a C to LGBTQQIAAP now?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 09:02:27 PM »

Guess so!  It's so hard to keep up these days, isn't it?

"What do we want?"
"Lesbian-Gay-Bisexual-Transgender-Queer-Questioning-Intersex-Asexual-Allies-Pansexual-Cisgender Rights!"
"When do we want them?"
"NOW!"

It's catchy.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 05:00:26 PM »

So, are people not encouraged to point out the obvious any more then?  I mean, we've seen what happens whenever people do that for religious folk and so on, and I guess this is what got memphis his personal lynch mob to start with.  But are we all now to pretend Santa is real just to keep the delusional happy?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 05:29:23 PM »

So, are people not encouraged to point out the obvious any more then?  I mean, we've seen what happens whenever people do that for religious folk and so on, and I guess this is what got memphis his personal lynch mob to start with.  But are we all now to pretend Santa is real just to keep the delusional happy?

I'm sure you know better than this Joe. Don't be an idiot.

What.  The hell.  Are you talking about?

This random unwarranted abuse is becoming harassment.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 03:29:18 PM »

I'm sure you know better than this Joe. Don't be an idiot.

Actually, the fact that Joe is content to write off anybody who subscribes to notions that don't fit into a strict 'A=A' rationalist Wittgensteinian episteme as 'delusional' and leave it at that is one that he's demonstrated many times.

Haha, what?  Pretentious much?

You know, for someone who rightfully hates it when people try to psychoanalyze him around here, you're certainly happy to dish it out.  What's more, you complain when people criticize your old-fashioned religious beliefs, and you complain when people don't understand your talk about 'cis-genderism'.  It's like one minute you're preaching from the pulpit at some exceedingly dull church; the next you're a giving a Womens' Studies lecture at Berkeley.

-----

The true irony in all this is that memphis and virtually everybody trying to defend him from the lynch mob are all supporters of gay rights.  The actual bigots have remained silent this entire time.  C'est la vie.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 09:45:52 PM »

I was going to respond to Nathan's reply to my last post here, but I got bored reading it.  Sorry.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 07:04:11 PM »

Joe, for someone so anti-religion you're surprisingly anti-intellectual.

No, that's not usually true.  When you do observe it however, just consider it a reaction to when armchair philosophers talk about me and over me at the same time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies