Opinion of Memphis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:28:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Memphis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Opinion of Memphis  (Read 36095 times)
rejectamenta
Botswana

« on: April 23, 2013, 01:18:41 AM »

FF. He can be brash, I guess, but the outrage over what I'd consider to be some of his more ordinary perspectives says more about his naysayers than him.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 11:25:36 AM »

Ahahah, extreme FF now for sure.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 03:19:13 PM »

What the heck is a cisgender?
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 05:42:06 PM »

So a person who is born male, identifies solely as a man and is straight is cisterned. I'm not really sure why this level of categorization is needed or even desired, but I'm sure it has some sort of use in specialized conversation.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 03:14:22 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2013, 03:18:33 PM by rejectamenta »

Is it really so controversial to think a twenty-something might have distinct perspectives on things after spending an entire childhood and adolescence as one sex before identifying as the other?

E: and by "spending" I mean being treated as that one sex by society and others. I realize most trans people identify themselves as their desired sex/gender long before they take any steps to physically match those identities.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 09:59:33 PM »

Not, you don't care about bigotry. You just have a strange love of mob politics and have proven yourself to be a bigger asshole than Memphis ever could be.

Excuse me? I am one of the few people here fully criticizing Memphis for his atrocious sexism, transphobia, and fake "leftism", rather than blindly defending him for all of the above. I was one of the very first people here to engage him - and the forum - on the issue, so your claim that I'm only supporting "mob politics" holds absolutely no water. Furthermore, don't you dare claim that I don't care about bigotry. I have a reason to care, because it's precisely because of bigots like Memphis that certain people incredibly close to me are unable to live the lives they want thanks to stigma and social rejection.

You do not know me, Paulbot. You have no idea why I care about Memphis being an utter tool. Don't claim to have a clue.

Jesus Christ, you people really are insane.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 01:45:38 AM »

So fighting for social justice is now a bad thing?

Striking up the band to vomit a litany of -isms at a guy who annoyed you on the internet is fighting for fighting's sake and nothing more. Implying you've done something noble by setting the world record for most "bigot" utterances in a day and thinking that entices anyone to identify with your cause is most telling.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 06:12:53 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2013, 06:14:50 PM by rejectamenta »

Your attempt to be "deep" and explain "how things really are" based on your enormous life experience is not helpful to any of the parties in this dispute (or the rest of us). So I suggest you just stay out of it.

I think he raised a decent point about people being "consistency Stalins" and fundamentally failing to interface with each other throughout this thread. I chalk up the reasoning more towards the inherent anti-social aspects of anonymous internet chatter over lack of real-world experience, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies