Opinion of Memphis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:28:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Memphis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Opinion of Memphis  (Read 36134 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 23, 2013, 10:46:14 AM »

The fact that he has any FF votes at all shows how unbelievably male this forum is.

Chill out, RandomNewbie.  Memphis is otherwise fine.

Apart from the fact that he's an arrogant, stuck-up twit for whom the only truth is what he believes. For someone so anti-religion - one of the many people who make the anti-religious look utterly awful - he certainly does think anyone to his right is the devil.

I said nothing that wasn't factual. If this forum was even close to gender-equal, Memphis would be sinking like the Bismarck, just as is merited.
I'm actually fairly popular with women who don't have penises. They're a much friendlier and relaxed bunch than the ones that do. Most of them don't needlessly view their lives through the constant prism of oppression.

I was going to highlight the worst parts, but that would be THE ENTIRE THING.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 06:07:20 PM »

So... should we add a C to LGBTQQIAAP now?

What's the P? Did I miss out on the new gay thing?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 09:17:19 PM »

Guess so!  It's so hard to keep up these days, isn't it?

"What do we want?"
"Lesbian-Gay-Bisexual-Transgender-Queer-Questioning-Intersex-Asexual-Allies-Pansexual-Cisgender Rights!"
"When do we want them?"
"NOW!"

It's catchy.

I've heard there's a 2S on the end (for two-spirit): LGBTQQIAAPC2S Equality Now!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 09:35:23 PM »

Guess so!  It's so hard to keep up these days, isn't it?

"What do we want?"
"Lesbian-Gay-Bisexual-Transgender-Queer-Questioning-Intersex-Asexual-Allies-Pansexual-Cisgender Rights!"
"When do we want them?"
"NOW!"

It's catchy.

If you have cisgender in it, you should have heterosexual too.

Allies, I believe.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 02:27:57 PM »

Wait, Dr J is a female impersonator as well?

Technically, she was born a male impersonator, but yeah.

I'm actually fairly popular with women who don't have penises. They're a much friendlier and relaxed bunch than the ones that do. Most of them don't needlessly view their lives through the constant prism of oppression.

Hey, Memphis, here's an idea. Maybe trans* women are more likely to point out the challenges inherent in being a women because they have experienced the difference first-hand.
This is not true at all. They know what it is like to be a trans person, and that probably is a difficult thing. Projecting that experience onto actually being a woman is not accurate. They have no more experience being a woman than I do.

Huh

For me, personally, I came out and transitioned in between high school and college, which means that everyone I know except family never knew me when I was living as male. I present female now and the way I look nobody guesses that I'm trans. I do tell my close friends, but other than that nobody. Point being that people in the world treat me the same way they would treat any other woman. So when I say "society tells women x", I'm certain I have more credibility than you do, given that you have probably never been perceived or treated as female in your life.
Perception is not the same thing as reality. You can put on all the dresses and take all the hormones you want. It sincerely doesn't offend or affect me. You can also wear high heeled shoes and make people think that you are taller than you really are too. If it makes you feel better about yourself, go for it. However, you're still a guy and your experiences and perceptions are drastically different than those who grew up and continue to be female without the trans trauma. Not there there is a universal female experience, obviously.

We are talking about how society treats drj101. Read her post again.
His perception of how society treats him is different than most women's perceptions of their own lives because of his circumstances. Read my post again.

Her perception of how society treats her is as a woman. Society treats her as a woman. She knows what it's like to be treated as a woman. Get that into your head.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies