Opinion of Memphis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:23:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Memphis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Opinion of Memphis  (Read 36091 times)
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« on: April 23, 2013, 09:33:44 AM »

On one hand he's somewhat naive. He thinks that women dress up to impress him: zero in feminine psychology. Someone bothered to give him the correct answer for his silly generalizations, I doubt he take it into account. On the other hand, he's somewhere near to be a whinger. His complaints on ad hominem attacks are hilarious, cause this is what he does with some posters: zero in empathy and good manners. Misogyny and transphobia won't help him to get girls.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 03:49:40 PM »

Memphis is an insensitive prick who hides behind the veil of his nonexistent "leftism". If he was truly liberal and progressive, he'd care about improving the lives of those who aren't white, cisgendered, heterosexual men. But beneath it all, he's no better than the Tea Party.

I tend to agree on that part. Unluckily, there are enough and well known examples of misogyny and homophobia on the left, especially looking back towards more intolerant times. Nowadays, it really shocks me that a self proclaimed leftist could support affirmations as absurd as to compare rape and women "dressed like sluts" with leaving the doors of your house open when you go out. Such ignorance fits better in the Tea Party. Clear example of how male chauvinism damages the brains of our kids.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 10:27:44 AM »

You should stop, given the little you know about certain realities. Leaving aside what you consider being actually a woman or not, how would you categorize trans persons who have a feminine physical appearance, after hormones and surgeries, and live socially integrated?  Because social life is a part of the experience of being a man or a woman. In many cases you couldn't make the distinction between the 'transgendered' women and the 'actual' ones. Given that appearances play a great role in our societies, you couldn't call men to human beings that look like women. And don't tell me that you have a radar to detect transsexuality.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 02:41:24 AM »

Because you've never been on a hate bandwagon against any poster before....

I don't do it in a bandwagon way. But often there are others who agree with me at some point. That's not so strange.

I don't have your need to pick a side to root for. I'm more individualist in my mindset, you like to have something to follow.

Regardless of the merits, wasn't there a mob that went after Memphis this last week? Again, not making a judgement, just pointing it out that there was a mob mentality present when you guys were going after him. Why is it ok to go after him in that fashion but not right wingers who might spouse "disgusting" views?

Well, no, or if the guy was attacked by an angry mob it was fully deserved. In despite of memphis' complains, he started making derogatory statements, probably because he has some personal hatred of Nathan (and I really don't care about it; I just cared about his views and qualifying adjectives, pretty disgusting, yes). I get BK's point in a previous (and good) post because some of memphis' mindsets on gender identity or the relationship between sexes are common places outside the South of the USA. I see them every day around me. However, this is not what I found more horrible, but his ad hominem attacks on people with gender identity issues and some of his statements. Though I don't have enough elements to judge someone here as an intrinsically good or bad person, some horrible things he previously wrote haven't been rectified.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies