Margaret Thatcher vs opebo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:22:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Margaret Thatcher vs opebo
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Thatcher/Thatcher

Thatcher/opebo

opebo/opebo

opebo/Thatcher

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Margaret Thatcher vs opebo  (Read 1436 times)
Kitteh
drj101
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 22, 2013, 09:50:08 PM »

I'm amazed this hasn't already been made.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 09:52:55 PM »

Thatcher/Thatcher
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 10:37:35 PM »

opebo/opebo

He's the only one that can actually win.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 10:44:44 PM »

Thatcher, always Thatcher.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 10:48:26 PM »

Opebo easily.

Glad BRTD isn't the one who made this thread though.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 01:11:45 PM »

Rather incredible that I'm tied with the vile Thatcher!  On style alone, leaving aside any merits or ideology, she's revolting.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 01:26:26 PM »

Rather incredible that I'm tied with the vile Thatcher!  On style alone, leaving aside any merits or ideology, she's revolting.

Oh come on, look at that smashing hairdo.

As for me, Thatcher. (Sorry opebo, but you're too much of a troll.)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 03:13:25 AM »

Oh come on, look at that smashing hairdo.

As for me, Thatcher. (Sorry opebo, but you're too much of a troll.)
Opebo is a harmless internet troll(poster). Thatcher  on other hand destroyed livelyhoods of millions...................
HoosierPoliticalJunkie

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 10:19:03 AM »

Thatcher/Thatcher

opebo's response to problems arising from big government is more government.  No exceptions.  Combine that with extreme far-leftism on social issues and you've got a pretty scary combination. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 06:21:41 PM »

Thatcher/Thatcher

opebo's response to problems arising from big government is more government.  No exceptions.  Combine that with extreme far-leftism on social issues and you've got a pretty scary combination. 

You are mistaken, Hoosier.  Those problems arise from capitalist government (the government doesn't really have a 'size' - that's an illusion).
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 09:18:35 PM »

I'd take the bullet.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 11:27:13 PM »

Leaving aside the notion that "big government" is anything other than a meaningless buzzword, you misunderstand opebo.

First of all, his position on social issues is hardly "extreme far-leftism", at least if the term "extreme far-leftism" means anything at all (which is debatable). My views on social issues can't really be called anything other than "extreme far-leftism", yet opebo and I are pretty drastically opposed on "social issues"; see for example any thread relating to gender or sexuality.

The key to opebo's beliefs isn't "far-leftism", it's self interest. This is why while in theory opebo's shift from right-wing to left-wing was a drastic shift, in practice his ideology didn't really change at all. He just realized that the "welfare queens stealing my tax dollars" conception of self interest was a myth and that for all but the most privileged members of society leftism is in their self interest.

It's not like he makes a secret of this, either.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 08:17:07 AM »

Opebo, and it's one of my easiest forum votes.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 11:09:46 AM »

Leaving aside the notion that "big government" is anything other than a meaningless buzzword, you misunderstand opebo.

First of all, his position on social issues is hardly "extreme far-leftism", at least if the term "extreme far-leftism" means anything at all (which is debatable). My views on social issues can't really be called anything other than "extreme far-leftism", yet opebo and I are pretty drastically opposed on "social issues"; see for example any thread relating to gender or sexuality.

The key to opebo's beliefs isn't "far-leftism", it's self interest. This is why while in theory opebo's shift from right-wing to left-wing was a drastic shift, in practice his ideology didn't really change at all. He just realized that the "welfare queens stealing my tax dollars" conception of self interest was a myth and that for all but the most privileged members of society leftism is in their self interest.

opebo might joke about trans people, but he's clearly not bigoted toward them, if you see his comments about "Thai ladyboys" and a joke he made once about how a ladyboy President/PM would be the ultimate sign of tolerance in a country.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 11:45:41 AM »

opebo might joke about trans people, but he's clearly not bigoted toward them, if you see his comments about "Thai ladyboys" and a joke he made once about how a ladyboy President/PM would be the ultimate sign of tolerance in a country.

I don't think that drladyboy is saying that 'her' views are in opposition to mine regarding social issues because of any bigotry on my part about transgenders - I think she means that I'm tolerant of straightmen, while she is not.

But, kudos to drladyboy about her excellent understanding and explication of the 'essential opebo'.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 12:29:29 PM »

Well thank goodness I'm finally beating the odious Thatcher, though disturbingly by only one vote.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 06:03:12 PM »

opebo/opebo
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 11:57:20 AM »

I'm certainly glad opebo is winning here.  At last.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 07:01:44 AM »

opebo is losing again. Eww.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2013, 12:07:14 PM »

Looks like I'm ahead again, 23 to 17.
Pages: [1]