HI 2014 Congressional Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:19:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  HI 2014 Congressional Elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22
Author Topic: HI 2014 Congressional Elections  (Read 48361 times)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: April 01, 2014, 05:29:26 AM »

What Obama just did plays into the image of worry about unimportant things and ignore the important. What a petty and useless endorsement. I know it's unlikely to happen but I hope Hanabusa wins.
How is one of the most high profile senate primaries an "unimportant thing"?
Knives
solopop
« Reply #326 on: April 02, 2014, 08:08:38 AM »

What Obama just did plays into the image of worry about unimportant things and ignore the important. What a petty and useless endorsement. I know it's unlikely to happen but I hope Hanabusa wins.

Either way, the candidates are almost the same.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #327 on: April 02, 2014, 11:30:32 AM »

Somebody's a butthurt Hanabusa supporter.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #328 on: April 02, 2014, 11:37:32 AM »

Hanabusa has a better chance than virtually everyone in your signature. And the one who was best placed to win has already lost. So sucks for you, I guess.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #329 on: April 02, 2014, 11:38:54 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2014, 06:14:06 PM by Sawx »

So the president's endorsement in his birth state is irrelevant, and keeping someone who's worked hard for the cause his entire life (as opposed to someone who magically started giving a sh*t the moment Inouye died) isn't important.

The Hanabots must be out in full swing today.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #330 on: April 02, 2014, 12:16:45 PM »

Hanabusa has a better chance than virtually everyone in your signature. And the one who was best placed to win has already lost. So sucks for you, I guess.

I repeat. Somebody's a butthurt Hanabusa supporter. Also, for someone who claims to be a Democrat, you seem to like Republicans winning.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #331 on: April 02, 2014, 12:24:58 PM »

I repeat. Somebody's a butthurt Hanabusa supporter. Also, for someone who claims to be a Democrat, you seem to like Republicans winning.

Again, Hanabusa has a better chance of actually winning her race than virtually everyone in your signature does. So that really sucks for you. This is just a fact, and cannot be connected to a notion that I want "Republicans winning".
Good luck to you and your loser candidates.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #332 on: April 02, 2014, 12:59:00 PM »

Again, Hanabusa has a better chance of actually winning her race than virtually everyone in your signature does. So that really sucks for you. This is just a fact, and cannot be connected to a notion that I want "Republicans winning".

Least my candidates will loose trying to do something worthwhile, instead of running against fellow Dems because they "deserve" the seat.

You're right that it's very possible that all my candidates will loose come November. That's why they're in my signature. Why bother putting candidates on my signature that are guaranteed to win? They don't need my support. A few months ago I had Eloise Gomez Reyes on that list, but I took her off when it became apparent that Democrats are shoo-ins to take CA-31 and I'd rather give the spot to someone who has the balls to run for tough races.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #333 on: April 02, 2014, 01:33:37 PM »

No
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #334 on: April 02, 2014, 01:36:48 PM »

Schatz also has a better chance of winning, so the point is moot. And of course they both have better chance of winning, he appears to only be endorsing in competitive races
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #335 on: April 02, 2014, 08:03:06 PM »

Sabato finally moves this race to Safe D
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #336 on: April 03, 2014, 01:09:38 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2014, 01:11:25 PM by Horus »

This is Hifly, he'd rather a Republican win than a Jew.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #337 on: April 03, 2014, 03:30:27 PM »

This is Hifly, he'd rather a Republican win than a Jew.

What on earth!?!?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #338 on: April 04, 2014, 01:32:15 AM »

Some true leftist fodder for the anti-Hanabusa crowd.

Also, the Civil Beat makes the case for Djou's electability in CD1.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #339 on: April 04, 2014, 01:53:48 AM »

She doesn't explicitly say she'd vote against a $10.10 minimum wage. As the closest thing to a Schatz cheerleader this forum has, this just seems like a bunch of sensationalized crap to me.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #340 on: April 04, 2014, 04:25:40 AM »

Least my candidates will loose trying to do something worthwhile, instead of running against fellow Dems because they "deserve" the seat.

I don't think she is running because she "deserves" the seat. If anyone feels he deserves the seat, it's Schatz. He was appointed, not elected by the people of Hawaii. The people of Hawaii deserve to have the opportunity to choose whom they want to be their Senator. Brian Schatz is Neil Abercrombie's vote for U.S. Senator, not the voters' of Hawaii.

Yes, I'm supporting Hanabusa, but regardless of who wins, he or she will be much better than any Republican winning that seat.
Politicsgurll
United States

« Reply #341 on: April 04, 2014, 10:17:29 AM »
« Edited: April 05, 2014, 02:48:04 AM by Joe Republic »

Hanabusa is a haughty brooch. Hopefully, Schatz defeats that clump.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #342 on: April 04, 2014, 10:49:27 AM »

Hanabusa is a horrible bitch. Hopefully, Schatz defeats that c*nt.

Well, you're a charmer.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #343 on: April 11, 2014, 11:58:47 AM »

Schatz is up with ad #2, touting his support for equal pay for women
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #344 on: April 12, 2014, 01:10:20 PM »

Abercrombie discounts the letter from Inouye:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #345 on: April 12, 2014, 03:45:14 PM »

Abercombrie is a f****** bastard, nothing new.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #346 on: April 12, 2014, 03:48:53 PM »

If I were in his shoes, and a dying Inouye had the arrogance to pick a successor, I'd tell him to piss off. Abercrombie really isn't in the wrong here.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #347 on: April 12, 2014, 04:48:38 PM »

If I were in his shoes, and a dying Inouye had the arrogance to pick a successor, I'd tell him to piss off. Abercrombie really isn't in the wrong here.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #348 on: April 12, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #349 on: April 12, 2014, 05:51:39 PM »

It's not that I criticize. It's the fact he tries to justify his actions by attacking the veracity of Inouye's wishes.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies