Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:52:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35
Author Topic: Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ  (Read 71714 times)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: April 30, 2015, 01:46:43 PM »

Not endorsed.

You're way too good to be some lame Governor. We need you to serve the workers where you are: in the Senate Sad
TNF has been a senator for a solid two years. He needs a break, for the sake of his own sanity.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #726 on: April 30, 2015, 09:58:11 PM »

Glorious f[inks]ing news!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #727 on: April 30, 2015, 10:20:32 PM »

Not endorsed.

You're way too good to be some lame Governor. We need you to serve the workers where you are: in the Senate Sad
TNF has been a senator for a solid two years. He needs a break, for the sake of his own sanity.

In that case you could have run Marokai against him on the basis that its "For his own good".
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #728 on: May 03, 2015, 02:00:35 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2015, 09:54:54 AM by ☭ Working Class Bro ☭ »

TOWARD A WORKERS' AND FARMERS' GOVERNMENT
A political program for the Midwest

Part Two: Social Insurance

What would a Workers' and Farmers' Government mean for the Midwest? In the realm of social insurance provision, a TNF administration would advocate for the following measures:

☭ The socialization of the medical-industrial complex. A TNF administration would bring all hospitals, health insurers, medical device manufacturers, and pharmaceutical manufacturers under a single, social monopoly, with tripartite control by elected representatives of the workers in this sector, citizens selected by lot, and medical experts appointed by regional authorities. All care (including dental, mental, and other forms of care presently left out of socialized medical schemes elsewhere) shall be free of charge at the point of use, and any costs incurred that cannot be paid for via socializing these sectors shall be paid entirely by the wealthy, not the workers.

☭ Education from womb to tomb, paid for out of the pockets of the wealthy, not the workers. Socialize the entire educational sector, from pre-kindergarten to graduate school, and redesign education so as to teach our children to make use of both their brains and brawn. No person should graduate from a Midwestern school without being able to think critically and play an active and educated role as a fellow comrade in arms. Free education for all workers displaced by capitalist sabotage of production (euphemistically referred to as 'outsourcing' or 'offshoring') and for all workers who just want to learn something new while retaining their present jobs. Living stipends for all students and free room and board for those at universities.

☭ Universal access to housing. Ban the ownership of more than one home and seize all excess properties for the housing of those in need. Transform the great estates of the rich into socially owned vacation sites for the working class, and expand public housing for all on a communal model. Socialize the banks and immediately cancel the debts of all workers trying to pay off a home. Require all unoccupied hotel spaces be given to the homeless for shelter and use regional funding to retrofit public housing stock to make it more energy efficient and liveable. End the segregation of the rich and poor by building mixed-used public housing, open to all, in areas hardest hit by gentrification.

☭ Full employment. A TNF administration will move to immediately seize control of all financial institutions headquartered within the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest and amalgamate these into a single, regional Workers' and Farmers' Bank, which will be utilized to put to work the unemployed by providing financial backing for a variety of economic development initiatives. No Midwesterner will be unemployed as long as I can help it, and the funds at the disposal of a TNF administration will be used to provide universal broadband access, rural public transit, the construction of nuclear power facilities, and the building of 'valley authorities' not unlike those in my home region of the Mideast, where the Tennessee Valley Authority brings abundant, cheap hydroelectric power to millions of people.

☭ A right to leisure. Nothing insurers social security more than the right of the masses to have time to themselves, and as Governor, I will do everything in my power to reduce the working week in the Midwest and empower workers and farmers to spend more time doing what they love, unperturbed by the pernicious influence of the capitalist exploiters. As Governor, I will seek the establishment of a 5 hour day, 20 hour workweek for the working people of the Midwest with no loss in pay. In addition, I aim to expand the paid leave provisions offered by the federal government and establish more paid holidays for the workers and farmers of our region.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #729 on: May 06, 2015, 01:19:20 PM »

Thank you for your kind words, Mr. Vice President. Rest assured, I'll aim to cause enough trouble in the Midwest that the Senate debate won't go totally sclerotic in my absence.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #730 on: May 18, 2015, 10:54:57 AM »

Endorsed!

Also what is your opinion on my proposed new Constitution? Would you be willing to assist in its passage? Are there any amendments you'd like to see be made?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #731 on: June 03, 2015, 09:21:53 AM »

Endorsed!

Also what is your opinion on my proposed new Constitution? Would you be willing to assist in its passage? Are there any amendments you'd like to see be made?

It looks great! I am willing to help out in any way that I can, of course.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #732 on: June 03, 2015, 11:03:46 AM »

I'd like to endorse you in turn. The workers of the Midwest will greatly benefit from your stewardship as Governor just as they have benefited from your time in the Senate.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #733 on: June 03, 2015, 11:31:40 PM »

I'd like to endorse you in turn. The workers of the Midwest will greatly benefit from your stewardship as Governor just as they have benefited from your time in the Senate.

Thank you for your support!
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #734 on: June 03, 2015, 11:41:01 PM »

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #735 on: June 04, 2015, 07:49:49 AM »
« Edited: June 04, 2015, 08:41:56 AM by Senator TNF »

TOWARD A WORKERS' AND FARMERS' GOVERNMENT
A political program for the Midwest

Part Three: Social Policy

What would a Workers' and Farmers' Government mean for the Midwest? In the realm of social policy, a TNF administration would advocate for the following measures:

☭ Legalization of all marriages in which the parties involve actively consent to said union, without regard to the number of persons involved, whether or not the persons involved are related, etc. The only thing that should prevent a union from going forward between parties is a lack of consent.

☭ The establishment of bilingualism at the Regional level by adopting Spanish as a second working language of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest.

☭ The construction of socialized daycares, laundromats, and cafeterias to strike a blow at domesticity and allow for women to free themselves from the 'double-shift' of work in the capitalist sector and work at home. The establishment of communal public housing facilities to encourage smarter land use and a sense of community among Midwesterners.

☭ An end to the practice of automatically changing a woman's last name to that of her husband upon marriage. Persons should retain their last names by default rather than losing them, and should have to actively 'opt-in' to the name changing process. Children should have the surname of their mothers unless the mother has opted to take her husband's surname.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #736 on: June 06, 2015, 01:04:07 PM »

Children should have the surname of their mothers unless the mother has opted to take her husband's surname.

Huh
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #737 on: June 06, 2015, 01:27:00 PM »

"socialized laundromats"

well i guess people can't have dirty clothes in THE REVOLUTION
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #738 on: June 07, 2015, 01:20:26 PM »

"socialized laundromats"

well i guess people can't have dirty clothes in THE REVOLUTION

The point is to provide a low cost alternative to both privately owned laundromats and allow women not to slave all day at home doing their husbands' and childrens' laundry. The socialization of domestic labor is the first step toward ending the subordinate status of women.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #739 on: June 09, 2015, 02:57:13 PM »

Recommendations for the Labor Party Platform

Outlined below are a few recommendations I would like to make for the Labor Party platform committee run by Vice Chairman Barnes. The Labor Party must enter a period of reorganization and ideological affirmation of principle in order to avoid certain political splits in this unparalleled time of political inactivity and reaction in Atlasia:

1. The Labor Party must call for the defense of existing institutions and legislation which defend the right of workers to strike, organize, and collectively bargain. Likewise, the Labor Party must call for the repeal of all existing anti-labor statutes and do everything in its power to expand the right of workers to strike, organize, and collectively bargain. Legislation must be introduced which (a) repeals restrictions on the right of municipal, state, and federal workers to assert the same labor rights as other workers; (b) abolishes all state interference with the internal affairs of labor unions; (c) prohibits employers from locking out workers during contract negotiations or a labor dispute; (d) transforms the voluntary 'codetermination' system into a binding and mandatory means by which the working class can assert control over the workplace, with elections for managers and workers' decisionmaking on the shop floor; (e) legalizes the formation of union defense squads; (f) endows union hiring halls with exclusive control over the training and recruitment of the unemployed for meaningful work in the public sector; (g) prohibits discriminatory labor contracts that allow older workers to be paid more than younger workers, i.e. the 'tiered wages' system; and (h) creates a system that guarantees full employment by automatically investing (in a counter-cyclical manner) cash into underserved areas of the economy.

2. The Labor Party must call for the speedy distribution of reparations as called for by the Civil Rights Act of 2015, and must further double-down in pushing for expanded opportunities for black Atlasians and investing in black communities. As part of those efforts, the Labor Party must continue to assail racist and fascist movements within Atlasian society, and should make every effort to combat these groups by empowering organizations like the Nat Turner Brigade, union and black defense guards, etc. The Labor Party must call for the repeal of existing gun control legislation (to provide for armed self-defense by the working class) and the devolution of all gun control policy to workers' councils at the local level.

3. The Labor Party must call for the seizure of education by the state and its socialized administration by students, teachers, and parents. The fact that we have failed thus far to extent even matching funds for impoverished schools is pathetic and reflects the Menshevik nature of a good deal of so-called Laborites afraid of running a budget deficit. The solution is the full nationalization of education, with open admissions to all without regard to ability to pay, a living stipend for students, and full academic freedom. The Labor Party should likewise call for the abolition of military recruitment programs on campuses and the expulsion of police officers from all schools.

4. The Labor Party must declare itself a feminist party and must take every step necessary to make women's liberation a reality. Anti-abortion terrorists should be condemned and penalties for targeting abortion clinics for destruction should be dialed up. The Party must end its detente with the anti-woman Mensheviki in its ranks and embrace a full throated defense of the right to abortion, including a public declaration that the party is 'pro-choice' at the June convention. Likewise, the Labor Party must reject all attempts to curtail abortion rights and should henceforth actively seek to repeal all anti-abortion statutes, especially the egregious 'partial-birth abortion' ban at the federal level. Laborites must advocate for free abortion on demand, as well as socialized daycare centers and laundromats.

5. The Labor Party must double-down in its efforts to fight for the liberation of LGBT people, and sexual liberation. In this context, the Labor Party should call for the abolition of all legislation which prohibits the free expression of sexuality between sexually mature persons and attack those reactionary institutions in society which claim that LGBT are the problem. The problem is reactionary conservatism, and the answer must be a full-fledged defense of LGBT persons on the part of the Labor Party.

6. The Labor Party must call for the abolition of all national borders and the free movement of people. In government, Labor must systematically dismantle the state security apparatus used to harass immigrants and activists alike, and must stop the unconscionable practice of deportation of undocumented workers.

7. The Labor Party must call for the withdrawal of the Republic of Atlasia from all collective security agreements and aggressive military alliances. Military spending must be cut and the resources saved spent instead on creating jobs in working class communities and improving social service provision. Nothing less than strict non-intervention must be called for in foreign affairs, and friendship must be proposed with those nations with which we are currently in conflict.

8. The Labor Party must call for the strictest observation of the separation of church and state and the chasing of religion from the classrooms, the public sphere, and the state apparatus. No quarter should be given to those who seek to enslave women, subjugate blacks and other minority groups, force LGBT people back into the closet, or apologize for the exploitation of workers. The Labor Party must call for an end to the tax-exempt status of churches, the removal of religious symbols on government property, and the restriction of religion to the private sphere.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #740 on: June 18, 2015, 09:11:26 AM »

Reading through Midwest statute today, and it struck me that we have some utterly insane levels of taxation for things like cigarettes (50%!), alcohol (40%!), marijuana (40%!), and gun sales (50%!). As Governor, I will fight to abolish sin taxes in favor of socializing industry and bringing in revenue by making the Regional government a major player in the regional economy.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #741 on: June 18, 2015, 09:30:09 AM »

I applaud the process of DeLeBronization
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #742 on: June 18, 2015, 09:41:02 AM »

In addition, I will combat the heinous nanny-statism that infects every aspect of life in the Midwest at the present juncture. Under a TNF administration, smokers shall be able to light up in public without recourse to a lecture from the anti-smoking health nuts. I will personally advocate for a policy that prohibits states and localities from enacting outdoor smoking bans and will support the right of workers to decide whether or not smoking will be permissible in the workplace. As far as other policies are concerned, I will propose legislation striking down bans on public intoxication, hard drug use, and all other crimes without victims.

In the realm of social policy, the Northeast is the region to emulate. But I would like to take it a step further, and as Governor, I will attempt to do just that.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #743 on: June 18, 2015, 12:57:43 PM »

Id strike down open container laws except in cars/trucks.  There's no reason anyone shouldnt be able to have a beer on the street except as an excuse to put the ball in the cops' court.

As for sin taxes...they shouldn't be eliminated because these things incur public health costs.  Cessation programs and the cost to healthcare needs to play a part in determining the tax levels of cigarettes/booze/other drugs.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #744 on: June 18, 2015, 01:16:42 PM »

Id strike down open container laws except in cars/trucks.  There's no reason anyone shouldnt be able to have a beer on the street except as an excuse to put the ball in the cops' court.

As for sin taxes...they shouldn't be eliminated because these things incur public health costs.  Cessation programs and the cost to healthcare needs to play a part in determining the tax levels of cigarettes/booze/other drugs.

Let the rich foot the bill.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #745 on: June 18, 2015, 01:31:10 PM »

Reading through Midwest statute today, and it struck me that we have some utterly insane levels of taxation for things like cigarettes (50%!), alcohol (40%!), marijuana (40%!), and gun sales (50%!). As Governor, I will fight to abolish sin taxes in favor of socializing industry and bringing in revenue by making the Regional government a major player in the regional economy.

As all of the above products are the instruments of death, destruction, hardship, misery,  debilitation, and result in billions of dollars every year in additional health care costs, I say increase SIN taxes and gun taxes across the board.    
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #746 on: June 18, 2015, 02:37:33 PM »

As all of the above products are the instruments of death, destruction, hardship, misery,  debilitation, and result in billions of dollars every year in additional health care costs, I say increase SIN taxes and gun taxes across the board.    

You would. You are after all a unabashed hater of the working masses, albeit in a more genteel way than the granola-crunchers that call themselves leftists.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #747 on: June 19, 2015, 01:51:44 AM »

Obviously endorsed, Comrade. (Sane)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #748 on: June 19, 2015, 05:31:22 PM »

You would. You are after all a unabashed hater of the working masses, albeit in a more genteel way than the granola-crunchers that call themselves leftists.

Senator:

Do you deny that the tar and nicotine in cigarettes and the use of cigarettes can have a detrimental effect on the human body, e.g. lung cancer?

Do you deny that the use of alcohol can have a detrimental effect on a person's judgement and can lead to impaired driving causing death and injury and do you deny that the use of alcohol can cause physical conditions such as liver disease, and do you deny that the use of alcohol can lead to societal problems such as spouse and child abuse? 

Do you deny that the use of marijuana can have a detrimental effect on the thought processes of the human brain?

Do you deny that too open access to guns causes increased violence and killing?  Witness the tragedy in South Carolina just this week.  One need look no further for proof of the necessity of strict gun control laws.

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #749 on: June 19, 2015, 09:53:32 PM »

Senator TNF is focused on the retention of a particular way of life for a particular group of people. Even if to their detriment, but instead of actually recognizing the health costs and that the workers he shouts so long and so loud about are more likely to die young from preventable causes - yet he wants this to continue, and have others pay for those choices.

So, long story short, this is not only showing incredible disregard for the people he sees as his only constituents, it shows what the Senator's true cause is.

Cue "liberal weeny" but on this front, I'd rather put public health first
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies