Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:04:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ  (Read 71987 times)
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« on: April 25, 2013, 04:29:12 AM »

As a professional in labor laws IRL, I praise your attention to labor realted topics, apprenticeships etc.

Even if I'm not voting in the Mideast, you have the endorsement of the Southern Speaker ! Wink
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 10:35:57 AM »

I find your work impressive, and as I'm particularly interested in labor law, I'll have a few questions for you :

- pay periods : why should they not exceed two weeks ? The broad standard in Atlasia is one week isn't it ? But a number of countries use a monthly basis, with no particular harm to the workers' rights, even the contrary in some opinions.

- the total prohibition of overtime might be exaggerated. They just need to be expensive for companies, more expensive than hiring the corresponding equivalent in workforce.

- do we really not already have paid vacation leaves in Atlasia ? That seems almost extra-terrestrial to me, but maybe it's the case... Anyway, it shouldn't be possible to take all your 16 days as a year end bonus. Workers will not take their leaves because they think they need the money more than the rest and leisure, whereas it's obviously the other way around. You should only have a limited number of days that you can choose to have paid instead of taking them as leaves.
An interesting mechanism we have is the "time savings account", where you can basically deposit 5 days each year, and either take them as leaves on other years, regardless of how much you have taken that particular year, or, and that's the "savings account" part, they produce interests like money if they stay on the account for a minimum amount of time (let's say 5 years) : if you deposit one day and let it there for 5 years untouched, you'll get for instance 1.25 days after that. Periods and interest rates can be discussed of course.

Otherwise, great effort ! I'm proud that you are my party's vice-chairman !
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 12:35:45 PM »

I think I'm not on board with these hiring halls and closed shops. I think you shouldn't be forced to join one specific union rather than another of your choosing just to get a job.

As for master contracts, I've read the thing and I'm not sure I understood all of it, but I reckon it is very similar to French "accords collectifs" and "conventions collectives", and if so I'm in favor.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 07:30:32 AM »

I think I'm not on board with these hiring halls and closed shops. I think you shouldn't be forced to join one specific union rather than another of your choosing just to get a job.

As for master contracts, I've read the thing and I'm not sure I understood all of it, but I reckon it is very similar to French "accords collectifs" and "conventions collectives", and if so I'm in favor.

To clarify what's he is saying, in some countries (like France, I suppose), you are free to join any union, not only the one which has the majority in your plant.

IMO that's a far superior way of doing things.
Or even not to join any union at all, which is why France has an abysmal union membership rate among workers. But, you know, freedom and all that...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies