2013 NFL Draft Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:47:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2013 NFL Draft Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2013 NFL Draft Discussion Thread  (Read 1533 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2013, 06:51:34 PM »

I was pleased to see Landry Jones go to the Steelers.  As much as I hate the Steelers, Landry will hopefully provide a capable successor to Big Ben.  Pittsburgh needs to start grooming Ben's successor pretty quick especially with all the injuries he has had to endure that past few years.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2013, 07:08:43 PM »

Who the *inks* is Duron Harmon?

Then again the last stupid reach for a guy who could've been a UDFA was some guy named Stevan Ridley, and the stupid reach of the year for the Patriots was Tavon Wilson, so I'll just trust the hoodie on this one. I honestly don't care that much about who the Patriots draft because Belichick could probably make me an NFL-caliber player, but I'll trust him.

As for my NFC team, I'm somewhat skeptical of the Barkley pick. He just reminds me of Nick Foles without the arm, and if we were going for a franchise QB I would have rather taken Geno Smith in the 2nd (can't go wrong with Ertz though). If Andy Reid were still coach I'd like it, but he will bust hard under Kelly. At least they made up for it by picking Earl Wolff (good safety, and I'm an OF fan), Lane Johnson, and Jordan Poyer.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2013, 08:37:34 PM »

I don't think there's a hex on USC QBs that prevents them from succeeding.

Maybe not. Those are two QBs whose game I see in Barkley. It just so happens they all went to USC.

The Eagles know how to develop QBs and there's a ton of upside with Barkley...with no risk at all.

Well it was Reid that was great at developing QBs. I'm not sure how Chip will do in that department given there's nothing to compare there and Pat Shurmur is pretty awful, besides that one season with Bradford (which may have been more Bradford than Shurmur).

For the record, I like Chip Kelly and what the Eagles are doing. I just don't see a lot of reason to be excited for Barkley.

Shurmur was a big part of McNabb's career with the Eagles and was most likely brought on for QB purposes. And even if he isn't that great, who cares? But if he's as good as everyone thought he could be a year ago, the Eagles have struck gold at an incredible value. That's worth getting excited about to me. I'm rooting for Vick to start his two seasons and hand over the team to a studied Barkley. Foles is good trade bait at this point even though I really like him.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2013, 11:13:21 AM »

Prediction: Cincinnati will win the AFC North.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2013, 12:23:38 PM »

Prediction: Cincinnati will win the AFC North.

I agree
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2013, 04:47:48 PM »

Cincinnati definitely has the most talent in the division by far, but you can never count out the veteran experience of Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

I'm really happy with the Cowboys draft.  Our first round pick was called a reach by analysts, but analysts also had Matt Barkley has a potential first round pick.  Frederick was universally ranked as the #1 center and considering how many offensive lineman were taken in the first round, it seems unlikely he would have made it to our next pick late in the 2nd round.   Other "projected 2nd/3rd round" linemen like Jonathan Pugh and Kyle Long were drafted in the 1st as well.

But the thing I liked the most is how we went for high character guys.  You need that when Jerry's always around to try and pamper the roster.

NFC East is going to be a dogfight once again.  It wouldn't be surprising if it doesn't get settled until Week 17 just like... well... 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2013, 05:00:03 PM »

Cincinnati definitely has the most talent in the division by far, but you can never count out the veteran experience of Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

I'm really happy with the Cowboys draft.  Our first round pick was called a reach by analysts, but analysts also had Matt Barkley has a potential first round pick.  Frederick was universally ranked as the #1 center and considering how many offensive lineman were taken in the first round, it seems unlikely he would have made it to our next pick late in the 2nd round.   Other "projected 2nd/3rd round" linemen like Jonathan Pugh and Kyle Long were drafted in the 1st as well.

But the thing I liked the most is how we went for high character guys.  You need that when Jerry's always around to try and pamper the roster.

NFC East is going to be a dogfight once again.  It wouldn't be surprising if it doesn't get settled until Week 17 just like... well... 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.

I just think we needed a Guard or someone to help boost that line.  Romo's going to get killed in the backfield again I'm afraid.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2013, 05:45:17 PM »

I cheered quite loudly when the Niners drafted Marcus Lattimore
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2013, 05:46:52 PM »

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the NFC East race as always. It's gonna be a great fight once again. I'm tabbing the Redskins and Eagles to duke it out in the end this year. The exact opposite wouldn't surprise me one bit though.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013, 05:56:17 PM »

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the NFC East race as always. It's gonna be a great fight once again. I'm tabbing the Redskins and Eagles to duke it out in the end this year. The exact opposite wouldn't surprise me one bit though.

Nah, it's going to be either the Redskins vs. Giants or Eagles vs. Cowboys.  Those are the Week 17 NFC East games this year.  It's always decided on Week 17 Sunday Night Football.  Always.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies