MA: Amendment to Article 1, Section 4 of the Mideast Constitution (Ratified)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:00:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Amendment to Article 1, Section 4 of the Mideast Constitution (Ratified)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Amendment to Article 1, Section 4 of the Mideast Constitution (Ratified)  (Read 1861 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2013, 11:49:21 PM »
« edited: May 13, 2013, 02:44:51 AM by Inks.LWC Supports Chuck Hagel »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sponsor: ZuWo
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 12:48:03 AM »

Great amendment. Why not just say every page listed on the Mideast index, though?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 12:51:41 AM »

So, that just lists all of the pages in the box.  Should we also say that individual statute pages are also covered by this?  Perhaps also a clause that says that the Governor is only responsible for the master citizens list, not updating individual citizens' pages?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 01:12:15 PM »

A fantastic idea! I agree with the Governor, we should include every page on the Mideast Index. I personally believe that private citizens should be included as well, I've seen individuals with mistaken info (a person was listed as being a former Assemblyman, I think), and others that have done a lot for the region, but their history goes only to 2011 in the Wiki.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 01:39:22 PM »

Great amendment. Why not just say every page listed on the Mideast index, though?

Yes, the points I listed are exactly those that are on the Mideast index. The reason why I listed every single of these pages was that I wanted to be as specific as possible. But it's no big deal to me - if the Assembly wants to amend it to "index" I can accept that.

A fantastic idea! I agree with the Governor, we should include every page on the Mideast Index. I personally believe that private citizens should be included as well, I've seen individuals with mistaken info (a person was listed as being a former Assemblyman, I think), and others that have done a lot for the region, but their history goes only to 2011 in the Wiki.

I thought about whether we should require the Governor and Lt. Governor to update the pages of all regional citizens but I eventually came to the conclusion that this would be too big of a burden. As long as the Governor/Lt. Governor only had to update the most basic information for each citizen, i.e. name, party affiliation and whether that citizen holds an office or not, I wouldn't see a big problem. However, it becomes tricker when we take into account that the constitution states that the Wiki has to be updated for all "legislation and occurrences". Does that mean, for example, that the Governor/Lt. Governor should have to update a citizen's page for every election in which that person has participated?
All in all, I think it's easier if we don't formally require the Governor and his Lieutenant Governor to update the pages of all private citizens but leave it up to their discretion instead.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 03:51:50 PM »

I think it would be open to interpretation what was defined as an "updated page" for a citizen. Speaking from experience, with so few individuals working on the Wiki, it is almost impossible to keep each citizen page up-to-date unless we had a large-scale effort to do so. For the sake of my successor, please don't do this.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 05:25:01 PM »

I think it would be open to interpretation what was defined as an "updated page" for a citizen. Speaking from experience, with so few individuals working on the Wiki, it is almost impossible to keep each citizen page up-to-date unless we had a large-scale effort to do so. For the sake of my successor, please don't do this.

Hmmmm... Seeing it from that perspective, we could limit it to only office holders, but even that task might prove complicated when taking the amount of Assemblymen, Senators and Governors. I wonder if that would be enough to make such an update more plausible.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 04:06:48 PM »

I propose the following amendment.

Updating the page of each citizen is a very difficult task, but I think if we had to mandate a masterlist of citizens in our region, it would be an entirely reasonable and helpful task.

(If you are looking for a specific example of what I mean, Inks's wiki article hasn't been updated since 2007.)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 04:10:39 PM »

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, but what is the difference between "citizen" (as in the Mideast index) and "citizen list"? As far as I can see, the "citizen" page is essentially a citizen list.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 04:14:42 PM »

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, but what is the difference between "citizen" (as in the Mideast index) and "citizen list"? As far as I can see, the "citizen" page is essentially a citizen list.

A citizens list would be a specific page composing all citizens of our region (so the index might be the same thing). I can't remember off the top of my head whether such a page already exists or not, but I think the current language implies that the Governor would have to update the individual pages of our citizens diligently.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 04:20:27 PM »

This list is what I am referring to. You can access it if you click "citizens" on the index at the bottom of this page. I think we might be talking about the same thing.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 05:09:52 PM »

Voting is now open on the following amendment.  Members will vote AYE, NAY, or ABSTAIN.  This will be a 24-hour vote.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 05:21:34 AM »

If it helps clarifying the duties of the Governor/Lt. Governor I have nothing against this amendment.

Aye
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 06:52:47 AM »

AYE
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 03:34:36 PM »

Aye.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 05:44:02 PM »

AYE
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 05:45:06 PM »

Voting is now closed.  The AYEs are 4, and the NAYs are 0, with 1 not voting.  The AYEs have it, and the amendment has passed.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 05:07:41 PM »

Seeing no further debate, this is brought to a final vote.  Members will vote AYE, NAY, or ABSTAIN.  This will be a48-hour vote.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 05:08:24 PM »

AYE
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 06:02:05 PM »

Aye.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 06:50:40 PM »

Aye
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 01:52:43 AM »

Aye
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2013, 06:23:56 AM »

AYE
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2013, 05:27:35 PM »

Voting is now closed.  The AYEs are 5, and the NAYs are 0.  The AYEs have it, and the bill has passed.  The amendment will now go before the people for ratification.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies