MA: Amendment to Article 1, Section 4 of the Mideast Constitution (Ratified) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:54:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Amendment to Article 1, Section 4 of the Mideast Constitution (Ratified) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Amendment to Article 1, Section 4 of the Mideast Constitution (Ratified)  (Read 1888 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: April 27, 2013, 01:39:22 PM »

Great amendment. Why not just say every page listed on the Mideast index, though?

Yes, the points I listed are exactly those that are on the Mideast index. The reason why I listed every single of these pages was that I wanted to be as specific as possible. But it's no big deal to me - if the Assembly wants to amend it to "index" I can accept that.

A fantastic idea! I agree with the Governor, we should include every page on the Mideast Index. I personally believe that private citizens should be included as well, I've seen individuals with mistaken info (a person was listed as being a former Assemblyman, I think), and others that have done a lot for the region, but their history goes only to 2011 in the Wiki.

I thought about whether we should require the Governor and Lt. Governor to update the pages of all regional citizens but I eventually came to the conclusion that this would be too big of a burden. As long as the Governor/Lt. Governor only had to update the most basic information for each citizen, i.e. name, party affiliation and whether that citizen holds an office or not, I wouldn't see a big problem. However, it becomes tricker when we take into account that the constitution states that the Wiki has to be updated for all "legislation and occurrences". Does that mean, for example, that the Governor/Lt. Governor should have to update a citizen's page for every election in which that person has participated?
All in all, I think it's easier if we don't formally require the Governor and his Lieutenant Governor to update the pages of all private citizens but leave it up to their discretion instead.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 04:10:39 PM »

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, but what is the difference between "citizen" (as in the Mideast index) and "citizen list"? As far as I can see, the "citizen" page is essentially a citizen list.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 04:20:27 PM »

This list is what I am referring to. You can access it if you click "citizens" on the index at the bottom of this page. I think we might be talking about the same thing.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 05:21:34 AM »

If it helps clarifying the duties of the Governor/Lt. Governor I have nothing against this amendment.

Aye
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 01:52:43 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies