Office of LumineVonReuental (Ind-IN - Former Mideast Assemblyman)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:22:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of LumineVonReuental (Ind-IN - Former Mideast Assemblyman)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of LumineVonReuental (Ind-IN - Former Mideast Assemblyman)  (Read 581 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 30, 2013, 12:50:06 PM »
« edited: May 24, 2013, 01:13:33 PM by LumineVonReuental »

Seeing as I already created a poll in my old office and apparently I can't remove it, I might as well create a new Office to serve as Reelection HQ for now, and hopefully to serve a my new office should I win my reelection bid.

Reelection Campaign:

Good evening, my fellow Atlasian Citizens.

I already announced several days ago that I was running for reelection to the Mideast Assembly, but considering the large field we have, and the fact that the May Election will prove very difficult to win for any of us (Except perhaps for a Person, who has run a truly fantastic campaign), I decided to run a proper early campaign, instead of launching a bid in the two weeks previous to the election.

In my first speech in March 11th, I said that I wanted to become an independent voice in the Assembly, one that, without betraying my own beliefs, would try to build a genuine bridge between left and right. The results of that election brought us an Assembly with two members of the Center-Right (Speaker Inks and Zuwo) and two members of the Center-Left (Talleyrand and Gass), and I suddenly discovered that, in some votes, my choice could determine a victory of a partisan block if a compromise hadn't been reached before a vote.

I am still inexperienced, but I have learned a lot about my term in the Assembly, and hopefully I have learned from my mistakes. I have tried my best to reach a compromise when possible, and I have stated the reasons when the opposite happens.

That said, I hope that I can count on the support of the Citizens of the Mideast for a next term.

Thank you for your attention!

LumineVonReuental (Ind-IN), Mideast Assemblyman.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 12:53:19 PM »

Statements:

1.- Assembly Record:

Voting Record: 100%.

Bills Sponsored: Mideast Speed Limits Act (Passed).

Votes: For the Common Courtesy While Driving Act (Against Override), the Freedom to Consume Alcohol in Public Act, for the Keeping the Voting Booths Clean Act, for the Mideast Speed Limits Act, for the Power To The People Amendment. Against the Fix to the Mideast Emergency Budget Amendment.

Future Votes: Enthusiastically for the Tmthforu94-Gass3268 High Speed Rail Act of 2013.

2.- Debate Proposal:

I completely support a Person's proposal for a Debate, and I sincerely hope than all of the candidates will be able to attend so we can discuss our proposals for the Mideast Region.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 01:03:42 PM »

It has been a pleasure to work with you and I sincerely hope you can serve the Mideast in this capacity for many more terms. Endorsed!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 07:34:52 PM »

It has been a pleasure to work with you and I sincerely hope you can serve the Mideast in this capacity for many more terms. Endorsed!

Thank you very much, Zuwo, it has being great working with you as well!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 05:25:27 PM »

The time for the new election has come, and the races for Governor and Mideast Assembly will be incredibly close. I already endorsed Zuwo some time ago, and while I still have a lot to learn about legislative work, I think I can get a second term with the support from the Mideast Voters.

Well, I don't know what else to say, so let us to go to the voting booth!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 01:36:38 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2013, 01:38:27 PM by LumineVonReuental »

Defeat Speech:

And... I lost. Being honest, I was expecting a defeat, but this kind of defeat was worse than what I had expected. I'm a lame duck Assemblyman now, but I'll continue to work for the Assembly for the few remaining days, and I'll remain proud of my work there during this term. My most sincere thanks to the voters who gave me a preference, whatever the number.

Congratulations to Zuwo and Cathcon, the Clinton/Siren team was very strong, and I'm confident that they shall serve the Mideast in the most efficient way possible. I would also like to congratulate Speaker Inks and Assemblyman Gass for winning reelection, and a Person, Oldiesfreak and Shua (so far) for winning the remaining seats.

I don't really have a good idea of what to do now, but I'm confident that this defeat is just the beginning of my political life in Atlasia, and I hope that a chance to serve again will appear in the future, so I guess I'll just have to wait until said chance arrives.

Thank you very much, and thank you for your attention.

LumineVonReuental (Ind-IN), Mideast Assemblyman.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 01:39:58 PM »

You did a good job for your first term as an assemblyman, and whatever comes your way in the future, I have confidence you will do good work. And hey, there are regions other than the Mideast Wink
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 04:03:56 PM »

It was a pleasure working with you in the Assembly. You were a very straightforward, reasonable, and effective legislator and the Mideast was very lucky to see you serve in elected office. I strongly, strongly suspect this won't be the last we see of you. Wink
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 08:00:36 PM »

You did a good job for your first term as an assemblyman, and whatever comes your way in the future, I have confidence you will do good work. And hey, there are regions other than the Mideast Wink

It was a pleasure working with you in the Assembly. You were a very straightforward, reasonable, and effective legislator and the Mideast was very lucky to see you serve in elected office. I strongly, strongly suspect this won't be the last we see of you. Wink

Thank you very much, Maxwell and Talleyrand! Despite my inexperience while serving, I enjoyed the Mideast Assembly, and thankfully there are many places in Atlasia that are open to new candidates, as the need for a new Midwest Senator proves.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 01:24:57 PM »

Statement on current Mideast politics:

I want to take the chance to congratulate the new team that will lead the Mideast during the next term: Our new Governor, new Lt. Governor and the next Mideast Assembly. While I really appreciate being included on the Mideast Senate poll, and I seem to have more support than what I would have thought, I will not run for Senate in June. I believe that I'm not ready yet for the Senate, and Talleyrand would be a great choice for that office.

On a last note, I bid a farewell to the Mideast Assembly, the legislative body which I leave proud and satisfied. While I don't really have any ideas in mind as where to go next, I think I'll make a decision about that in a few more days.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies