Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2014, 06:23:06 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Gubernatorial/Statewide Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Virginia Governor's Race 2013 -Who's Gonna Win?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 Print
Poll
Question: Who do you think is most likely to win this November?
Terry McAuliffe (D)   -127 (75.6%)
Ken Cuccinelli (R)   -41 (24.4%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 168

Author Topic: Virginia Governor's Race 2013 -Who's Gonna Win?  (Read 23847 times)
Sawx
SawxDem
YaBB God
Zimbabwe

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2013, 05:36:02 pm »
Ignore

Let's focus away from this and go to the LtGov race here.

The Republican candiate, EW Jackson, to say the least, is a f***ing lunatic. He has history of saying that Planned Parenthood has done more to harm the black community than the KKK, President Obama is an anti-Semite, and that Obama "clearly has Muslim sensibilities.

EW Jackson may be the greatest gift Terry McAuliffe could have ever received. This guy makes Ken Cuccinelli look like Bernie Sanders.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
YaBB God
Spain

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2013, 05:43:35 pm »
Ignore

Let's focus away from this and go to the LtGov race here.

The Republican candiate, EW Jackson, to say the least, is a f***ing lunatic. He has history of saying that Planned Parenthood has done more to harm the black community than the KKK, President Obama is an anti-Semite, and that Obama "clearly has Muslim sensibilities.

EW Jackson may be the greatest gift Terry McAuliffe could have ever received. This guy makes Ken Cuccinelli look like Bernie Sanders.

Yes, he'll be very harmful to Kuccinelli (even more than Kuccinelli is to Kuccinelli). Alvin Greene would have been a better option.

BTW, this guy ran for Senate las year, and he got less than 5% in the GOP primary. You have to be some kind of crazy person to run against Allen in a GOP primary in VA and think you can win.

My evolution (by The Political Matrix):
E: -6.06 -> -6.97 -> -6.97 -> -8.13 -> -7.29 -> -8.26 -> -8.65 -> -7.03
S: -6.78 -> -6.09 -> -7.30 -> -7.13 -> -8.09 -> -8.35 -> -9.04 -> -8.61
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2013, 08:45:19 pm »
Ignore

This guy... EW Jackson will be the new face of the GOP for 6 months if Democrats do their job right. They don't call him Ew for nothing.

Bernie would probably win Vermont if Obama were deemed to have more than 272 evs in the vag.
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2013, 10:24:19 pm »
Ignore

joke candidate for joke position.   makes sense.

angryGreatness
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -4.70

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2013, 07:27:10 pm »
Ignore

The Virginia GOP have given the Democrats a great line of attack. You can bet that even if Cuccinelli manages to move to the center, the Democrats will be able to lump him in with E.W. Jackson, who has said such great lines such as these:

• Referred to gays and lesbians as "perverted," "degenerate," "spiritually darkened" and "frankly very sick people psychologically, mentally and emotionally."
• Said regarding homosexuality: "it poisons culture, it destroys families, it destroys societies; it brings the judgment of God unlike very few things that we can think of."

• Argued that gays seek to "sexualize [children] at the earliest possible age" and use "totalitarian" tactics.

• Argued that "liberalism and their ideas have done more to kill black folks whom they claim so much to love than the Ku Klux Klan, lynching and slavery and Jim Crow ever did, now that's a fact."

• Maintained that Obama "seems to have a lot of sympathy for even radical Islam" and argued that Obama "certainly does have a lot of affection and favor for Islam, that seems to be his priority…Christianity, I don't really think about that with him, I really don't, that's a joke."

• Compared Democratic leaders to "slave masters" who make sure that black people who disagree with them are "punished."

Plus, Mark Obenshain is the nominee for Attorney General, who is far from a perfect candidate, seeing as he drafted a bill that would force women to report miscarriages to the police or face jail time.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/05/20/2035411/virginia-gop-nominee-for-attorney-general-would-force-women-to-report-their-miscarriages-to-police/?mobile=nc

Even though McCauliffe is far from the perfect candidate, Aneesh Chopra is a great candidate and neither of the Dem candidates for AG look like they'll have trouble beating Obenshain. Overall, that helps McCauliffe.

BluegrassBlueVote
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2013, 10:48:15 pm »
Ignore

Why would they put this guy on the ticket in a post-Akin world?

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2013, 10:12:21 am »
Ignore

Apparently Cooch didn't step in because he was worried about taking heat for blocking an African-American. I don't buy that. He should've exercised his veto.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  »

- Charles de Gaulle

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2013, 10:28:55 am »
Ignore

Virginia elects its lieutenant governors separately, it's not a ticket.

I expect this will hurt Cuckoo's candidacy anyway though.  This EW Jackson guy is a piece of work.   
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2013, 11:49:21 am »
Ignore

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2013, 05:30:29 pm »
Ignore

Jackson won't apologize for being batshoot insane, and he also fought against desegregating South Boston in the '80s.

7.35, 3.65

- Charles de Gaulle

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
BluegrassBlueVote
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2013, 05:39:28 pm »
Ignore

Virginia elects its lieutenant governors separately, it's not a ticket.

I expect this will hurt Cuckoo's candidacy anyway though.  This EW Jackson guy is a piece of work.   

Hence "they", but you're right about ticket being the incorrect terminology.

Speaker Dereich
Dereich
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2013, 09:51:59 pm »
Ignore

From what I understand Cuccinelli's camp are distancing themselves from their new LG candidate with statements like "we feel the voters should become comfortable with each member of the ticket individually". Virginia has a long history of split ticket Gubernatorial races, so it wouldn't be that unusual if Cuccinelli won but Jackson lost.
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2013, 09:56:51 pm »
Ignore

Plus, Mark Obenshain is the nominee for Attorney General, who is far from a perfect candidate, seeing as he drafted a bill that would force women to report miscarriages to the police or face jail time.

And he withdrew the bill when he realized it would do that.

I don't plan on voting for the guy, but let's be fair to him here.

angryGreatness
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -4.70

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2013, 01:58:37 am »
Ignore

And he withdrew the bill when he realized it would do that.

I don't plan on voting for the guy, but let's be fair to him here.

I'm being as fair as the press and his opponent will be to him. That's what matters come November.

VP windjammer
windjammer
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2013, 09:04:35 am »
Ignore

I feel the lieutenant governor race will be funny :p.

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2013, 10:52:09 am »
Ignore

Jackson: the 3/5 clause was "anti-slavery."

7.35, 3.65

- Charles de Gaulle

Yank2133
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2013, 11:58:46 am »
Ignore

Jesus.....

What the hell was the VA GOP thinking?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2013, 01:56:30 am »
Ignore

What the hell was the VA GOP thinking?

Thinking? That's for liberal wussies. Real men go with their gut.

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2013, 11:22:04 am »
Ignore

still a more informed view than most people have, who think slaves should have been counted as full persons instead.

Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -4.35

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2013, 01:01:45 am »
Ignore

I originally thought that the VA Governor's race was a pure tossup due to both candidates being badly flawed, but now I'd have to give a slight edge to McAuliffe.  Cuccinelli, Jackson and Obenshain have a collective history on women's rights which I think is going to be a big problem.  It should not be difficult for us to tie them together.
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2013, 04:36:04 pm »
Ignore

Rep. Rigell is refusing to endorse E.W Jackson.

Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2013, 10:14:45 pm »
Ignore

E.W Jackson had another hit today: Monkeys can't talk, ergo there was no evolution.

Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2013, 10:22:23 pm »
Ignore

Perhaps the silver linning for the VaGOP is that Jackson makes Cuccenelli seem more sane

BluegrassBlueVote
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2013, 12:15:18 am »
Ignore

E.W Jackson had another hit today: Monkeys can't talk, ergo there was no evolution.

Yoga is the devil's work, too.

Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2013, 05:46:30 pm »
Ignore

HAHAHA.

Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli sought Friday to put further distance between himself and controversial GOP lieutenant governor candidate E.W. Jackson.

Asked in an interview with the radio station WMAL if he embraces Jackson’s candidacy or wants to be judged independently, Cuccinelli said he “absolutely” wants to be judged independently.

I don't think Jackson is taking the hints:

E.W. Jackson, the Republicans’ choice for lieutenant governor, said Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli II helped plant the seed for his candidacy for Virginia’s second-highest office.

Jackson said he met with Cuccinelli (R) in 2010, when the Chesapeake minister was running for the U.S. Senate. During a brief conversation at a hotel in Suffolk, Jackson said, Cuccinelli suggested that he consider a run for lieutenant governor.

“He said essentially: I think you’d make a good candidate for lieutenant governor. Have you thought about it?” said Jackson, recalling that Cuccinelli had not yet decided to run for governor. “I do remember him suggesting that if it worked out . . . he would be proud to have me as a running mate.”

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout