Virginia Governor's Race 2013 -Who's Gonna Win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:28:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Governor's Race 2013 -Who's Gonna Win?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19
Poll
Question: Who do you think is most likely to win this November?
Terry McAuliffe (D)

Ken Cuccinelli (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 168

Author Topic: Virginia Governor's Race 2013 -Who's Gonna Win?  (Read 66932 times)
Kitteh
drj101
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2013, 01:11:45 AM »

Koenkai, go back to wherever you were for the past few months.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 04:10:08 AM »

Koenkai, go back to wherever you were for the past few months.
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 04:52:02 AM »

Cuccinelli.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 06:16:43 AM »

They're both horrible choices. I think McAuffie wins as I can see Cuccinelli making an Akin-esque gaffe.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2013, 09:12:30 AM »

Virginia loses because regardless, they're getting a bad Governor. The poll question asked who is going to win in November.
Exactly.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2013, 11:16:46 AM »

Can we not do this?

as to the actual topic -- I very much agree that Bolling would have been miles better than these two clowns.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2013, 11:31:33 AM »

Please some independent jump into the race to spare the people of Virginia the horror of either of these guys.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2013, 11:51:08 AM »

Nice to see that some people haven't changed at all.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2013, 12:36:56 PM »

At least they're not pointlessly spiteful, Pinochet loving, wealth-fetishizing, late-19th-century-labor-relations admiring, have-I-mentioned-I'm-Asian-so-I-can-call-anything-racist-and-am-offended-if-you-accuse-me-of-the-same, neoconservatives, who think employers telling their employees how to vote is not only excusable, but on some level desirable, see fair electoral district representation as a quaint little nuisance, and generally carry themselves with the sort of slapstick villainous aura of an Atlas Shrugged character. Not that I'm singling anyone out or anything.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2013, 12:46:50 PM »

At least they're not pointlessly spiteful, Pinochet loving, wealth-fetishizing, late-19th-century-labor-relations admiring, have-I-mentioned-I'm-Asian-so-I-can-call-anything-racist-and-am-offended-if-you-accuse-me-of-the-same, neoconservatives, who think employers telling their employees how to vote is not only excusable, but on some level desirable, see fair electoral district representation as a quaint little nuisance, and generally carry themselves with the sort of slapstick villainous aura of an Atlas Shrugged character. Not that I'm singling anyone out or anything.

All of these but one or two are creative interpretations on your part, to put it lightly.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2013, 12:50:22 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2013, 12:53:19 PM by President Marokai »

As chronic-devil's-advocate (for some bizarre reason I've never understood), you are perhaps not the best neutral arbiter.

Whatever, though. I just wanted to get that off my chest. He gets under my skin in a way noone on this site ever has. I'll move on now.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2013, 12:56:03 PM »

Whatever, though. I just wanted to get that off my chest. He gets under my skin in a way noone on this site ever has. I'll move on now.

Translation: My feelings validate my statements.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2013, 12:56:55 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2013, 01:04:06 PM by a Person »

As chronic-devil's-advocate (for some bizarre reason I've never understood), you are perhaps not the best neutral arbiter.

There are quite a few people the lockstep-left on here likes to portray as devils who are nothing butanything butlol fail.

It's nice to see, though, that you're defending the substance of your assertions rather than making pointless personal comments.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2013, 01:02:23 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2013, 01:08:08 PM by President Marokai »

Edit: Seriously, I said what I came to say. I'm done here.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2013, 01:35:55 PM »

I support and would vote for Cuccinelli, but I highly doubt that he'll win.  He's too extreme on social issues, and as such, will get creamed in the DC suburbs and seal the election for McAuliffe *gag*.

I'd be shocked if Cuccinelli didn't move to the center (at least in terms of appearance) for the election. That being said, I don't think it'll be enough.

McAullife isn't a perfect candidate by any means (i.e. his resume sucks), but nothing suggests he's actually that weak. He won't bleed minority support. He appeals well to wealthy (and Democrat-leaning) Northern Virginians. Hyper-lefties ain't gonna go and vote for Cuccinelli. Seems like the generic Democrat who fits Virginia well. I think he's got it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2013, 05:59:18 PM »

All of these but one or two are creative interpretations on your part, to put it lightly.

A Person - I'll put it as kindly as I can - please stop being a useless Evan Bayh-level moderate hero.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2013, 08:51:39 PM »

McAuliffe, far from the greatest candidate, but Cuccinelli is simply way too far to the right, especially on social issues.  The drubbing Cuccinelli gets in the D.C burbs will just be far too large to make up elsewhere.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2013, 10:47:53 PM »

Why contribute to pulling a thread even further off-topic? The only reason anyone should come here is to weigh in on the Virginia Gubernatorial race, not use it to try and attack members of this forum.

When is the deadline for a third-party to enter the race?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2013, 12:10:26 PM »

Why contribute to pulling a thread even further off-topic? The only reason anyone should come here is to weigh in on the Virginia Gubernatorial race, not use it to try and attack members of this forum.

When is the deadline for a third-party to enter the race?

June 11.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2013, 10:27:23 AM »

Nate Cohn explains McAuliffe's off-year problem.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/113146/2013-virginia-governor-turnout-hurts-mcauliffe-helps-cuccinelli#
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2013, 07:54:24 PM »

Good article, basically restates a lot of what we already know. I think with an effective ad campaign and a decent money advantage McAuliffe can win but who knows...
illegaloperation

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2013, 12:40:37 AM »

Cuccinelli is more likely to win, not because of any other reason than because Republicans are more likely to turn out in non-presidential year than do Democrats.

Also, for the person who said that Donnelly wouldn't win has Mourdock not talk about rape: this is not true at all. Donnelly was already ahead in the poll before the whole controversy. I was following the race.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2013, 01:42:21 AM »

Cucci-guy has a good chance to win this, because of VA's tradition to elect the opposing party of the incumbent President.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2013, 01:16:07 PM »

This is brilliant.

Cuccinelli is more likely to win, not because of any other reason than because Republicans are more likely to turn out in non-presidential year than do Democrats.

Also, for the person who said that Donnelly wouldn't win has Mourdock not talk about rape: this is not true at all. Donnelly was already ahead in the poll before the whole controversy. I was following the race.

Last time I checked the polls were bouncing back and forth. I thought that before the rape comments Mourdock would win because, God bless me, I thought Indiana was a fairly Republican state and that would tilt it towards Mourdock. Hell, even after the polls the race bounced around a little (this time it showed a clear lean towards Donnelly though).
nolesfan2011
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.68, S: -7.48

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2013, 01:59:07 PM »

Cooch... he might be an ideological radical but McAuliffe is total sleaze without a base, especially in an off year election , nobody likes him, not even his own party.. at least the GOP likes Cucinelli.  McAuliffe has a nastier corporate record than Romney, much less his corrupt political record, and the GOP and PACs can run ads on that until kingdom come.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies