Virginia Governor's Race 2013 -Who's Gonna Win? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:11:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Governor's Race 2013 -Who's Gonna Win? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you think is most likely to win this November?
Terry McAuliffe (D)

Ken Cuccinelli (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 168

Author Topic: Virginia Governor's Race 2013 -Who's Gonna Win?  (Read 67159 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 01, 2013, 12:12:31 PM »

McAuliffe. He may be the incarnation of Generic D, but Cuccinelli is just insane.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 09:01:35 PM »

Changing my vote to Cuccinelli (although this race is certainly subject to change). He is the definition of a right wing extremist, but at this point an ideologue with charisma can beat a milquetoast Generic D. And nobody in America fits the Generic D stereotype better than Terry McAuliffe.

It's absolutely disgusting that VA Democrats couldn't find someone better.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 11:28:06 PM »

Changing my vote to Cuccinelli (although this race is certainly subject to change). He is the definition of a right wing extremist, but at this point an ideologue with charisma can beat a milquetoast Generic D. And nobody in America fits the Generic D stereotype better than Terry McAuliffe.

It's absolutely disgusting that VA Democrats couldn't find someone better.

Really? Wasn't Joe Donnelly a Generic D? You think it's a shame the Ds couldnt find someone other than a Generic D? Isn't the definition of Generic D type of candidate the Ds would typically find? I'm confused by this post.

Edit: Nvm, just saw the WaPo poll. Sure, if someone else were to jump in that might shake things up, but it would be risky. Equally with a prospect of success is just McAuliffe running a better campaign

Joe Donnelly is a generic blue dog in a red state who most likely would have lost if Mourdock learned how to shut the hell up about rape. That race firmly leaned towards the Republicans until Mourdock decided to open his mouth (thank god for that).

Terry McAuliffe is a generic New Democrat and a political retread who talks about Bill Clinton in a way that makes Monica Lewinsky look like a nun in a swing state. He's going up against a candidate whose politics aren't palatable for a purple state. Sure, he's a great fundraiser and he was a good DNC chair, but as a candidate I don't like him. And now reputable polling outlets are starting to agree with the ridiculous results I wrote off a month ago. Right now, this race tilts Cuccinelli when you and I both know it very well shouldn't be.

I'm hoping that his fundraising can save this guy's ass or Cuccinelli Akins his way into obscurity. Please, Terry, prove me wrong.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 01:09:11 AM »

Terry = Democrats Romney

He was a born a loser.

I'm pretty sure both of these men are much more successful than any of us ever will eb.

I'm Kanye West. That doesn't make any sense.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 01:16:07 PM »

This is brilliant.

Cuccinelli is more likely to win, not because of any other reason than because Republicans are more likely to turn out in non-presidential year than do Democrats.

Also, for the person who said that Donnelly wouldn't win has Mourdock not talk about rape: this is not true at all. Donnelly was already ahead in the poll before the whole controversy. I was following the race.

Last time I checked the polls were bouncing back and forth. I thought that before the rape comments Mourdock would win because, God bless me, I thought Indiana was a fairly Republican state and that would tilt it towards Mourdock. Hell, even after the polls the race bounced around a little (this time it showed a clear lean towards Donnelly though).
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 05:36:02 PM »

Let's focus away from this and go to the LtGov race here.

The Republican candiate, EW Jackson, to say the least, is a f***ing lunatic. He has history of saying that Planned Parenthood has done more to harm the black community than the KKK, President Obama is an anti-Semite, and that Obama "clearly has Muslim sensibilities.

EW Jackson may be the greatest gift Terry McAuliffe could have ever received. This guy makes Ken Cuccinelli look like Bernie Sanders.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 10:01:30 PM »

Yet another reason I feel horrible for the Democrats here. They now have to choose between an insufferably uncharismatic moderate hero and a literal DINO vs. two right-wing nutjobs.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 11:10:23 AM »

"Northam, a pediatric neurologist, has spent six years in the Senate, and he won primary endorsements from key Democratic interest groups, including Planned Parenthood and the Virginia Education Association." from the Washington Post
I don't think he's a DINO.

If you ever become inches away from jumping to the other side, you are a DINO. I'm not being your average Daily Kos-worshipping true leftist bitching about how we should primary Rahall or Matheson or McIntyre for not being liberal enough: if Virginia's Senate Democrats didn't see the plans on Twitter, their lieutenant gubernatorial candidate would be a Republican right now. Quite literally, Northam is a Democrat in Name Only, and should have been rewarded with losing his job in 2010, and certainly not with a f***ing promotion.

If you don't think Northam's a DINO, then please tell me what classifies one in your mind, because I'm dying to know.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 03:18:31 AM »

I really hope Cuccinelli doesn't win.  He legitimately scares me.  I also see his ads on tv all the time (NOVA) and he strikes me as laughably fake.  You can tell he's a pretty awful person but puts on this sweet innocent face in all his commercials, it's kind of sickening.

Coming from a Democrat he seems like genuinely nice personally, but then again being nice doesn't get you elected. His political views are as vile as it gets, though.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 01:21:42 PM »

New Roanoke College poll.

Cuccinelli (R) 37%
McAuliffe (D) 31 %
Sarvis (L) 5%

Undecided 27%

Roanoke is a joke poll.

It showed a Romney+6 or so win, was 10 points off.

Quinnipiac has McAuliffe by 4 today, just like PPP.

They've always been wildly inaccurate. Two months before they had Obama leading by 8 points.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 11:31:59 AM »

Virginia is still Purple though despite recent Dem gains.

The General Assembly is GOP controlled: the House of Delegates is staying Red for awhile due to gerrymandering and redistricting, while the State Senate has a chance of flipping back Blue.

omg no way
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 11:26:47 PM »

No. If they were running an actual conservative who wasn't crazy (not just Bolling), then they would have this sh**t in the bag. The only reason that the crook is winning is because he's running against a kook. I've talked to a former Republican congressman, and he's voting for Sarvis because "the only other two choices are a snake oil salesman and a fascist."
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 02:44:32 AM »

No. If they were running an actual conservative who wasn't crazy (not just Bolling), then they would have this sh**t in the bag. The only reason that the crook is winning is because he's running against a kook. I've talked to a former Republican congressman, and he's voting for Sarvis because "the only other two choices are a snake oil salesman and a fascist."

To change the subject completely, have you ever by any chance met Tom Davis?

No. He served another state before taking a job in Virginia. Heard great things though, and I'd vote for him over TMac.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 11:03:22 PM »

From RRH. Two of the worst-regarded pollsters have their (I'm assuming) final polls out:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And the worst of them all has Cuccinelli down by one. 41-40-10.

I'm honestly questioning whether they're making numbers up or not. Phil's poll says it's an outlier, but it's actually semi-reasonable for a floor. This is just based completely out of reality.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 07:53:05 PM »

From RRH. Two of the worst-regarded pollsters have their (I'm assuming) final polls out:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And the worst of them all has Cuccinelli down by one. 41-40-10.

I'm honestly questioning whether they're making numbers up or not. Phil's poll says it's an outlier, but it's actually semi-reasonable for a floor. This is just based completely out of reality.

Phil's poll. Has a nice ring to it. Maybe Phil's Political Polling or PPP.

Sadly, though, it wasn't "Phil's poll." It was Quinnipiac.

I know. Still underscores my point that Wenzel is crap.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 12:15:08 PM »

Apparently the spin around the right wing (from what I'm hearing) is that Obamacare sunk McAuliffe to the point where the Democrats had to fund Sarvis to siphon off votes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies