Saudi Arabia warned US about bomber in writing, by name. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:10:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Saudi Arabia warned US about bomber in writing, by name. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Saudi Arabia warned US about bomber in writing, by name.  (Read 1613 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 01, 2013, 12:25:59 PM »

The story is being denied now, but still, how would Saudi Arabia even know anything about Tsarnaev to begin with??
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 08:55:03 PM »

The story is being denied now, but still, how would Saudi Arabia even know anything about Tsarnaev to begin with??

I don't know.  How did Russia know there was something suspicious about him, such that they warned the FBI?  Are they spying on the internet viewing habits of every single expatriot of the Caucasus?  That's the part that I still don't get.

Because they lived in Russia, and travelled to Russia, and the parents moved back to Russia.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 09:03:50 PM »

I don't know.  How did Russia know there was something suspicious about him, such that they warned the FBI?  Are they spying on the internet viewing habits of every single expatriot of the Caucasus?  That's the part that I still don't get.

Because they lived in Russia, and travelled to Russia, and the parents moved back to Russia.

So the Russian security services read the email of everyone who emigrates from that region or what?  What did he do to get on their radar, such that they realized there was a problem, enough to warn the FBI about him?

Well, it was an international phone call they wiretapped.

And I bet Russia profiles its people, and tries to keep tabs on any Muslims, especially people in the Chechnya/Dagestan region.

Not saying it's right, just saying it's Russia. You kind of expect it of them. So of course it makes sense for Russia to have info on the Tsarnaev brothers. I think their father used to get in confrontations with the KGB in Soviet times too.

But there's absolutely no reason for Saudi Arabia to know anything in the first place, unless they were in contact with people the Saudi's were keeping an eye on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies